New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Graduates of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

So the surviving wolf will be probably trying to kill off or blacken the remaining white team members.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Daily life phase 5 has ended. Please wait for narration.

- - - Updated - - -

As you split apart after the trial, you ponder your victory. Can you really call it that?
    After all, aren't the members of the Black team also graduates of Hope's Peak? Even though they tried to kill you, shouldn't you mourn them as comrades?

A few hours into that sinister reflexion, the all too familiar anoucement is heard.
    "A body has been discovered !"

You gather outside the locked bathroom. A puddle of blood is spreading under the door. The one person missing among you is bladescape.
    This time, Monokuma doesn't show up. Instead, you hear his voice through an annoucement.
    "Yada yada, you know the drill, try to figure it out before joining me in court. But don't take too long !"

Deadly life phase 5 has started and will end in about 24 hours.

The possible investigations are :
    The crime scene of bladescape's body
    Alibis from the lounge, where Snowblaze and bladescape were hanging out
    Alibis from the cafeteria, where Zelphas and Batcathat were hanging out
    Any Ultimate Talent you can name (or guess)
    Yes, I am slightly egomaniac. Why didn't you ask?

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    The world needs more platypi
    I wish you could be

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari
    Also this isn’t D&D, flaming the troll doesn’t help either.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Well then. I'm going to Investigate the Crime Scene; hopefully that'll narrow down our choices.
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #274

Um Monokuma, I was also hanging out in the cafeteria was I not?

5. - Top - End - #275
    Bugbear in the Playground

Is there anything I can do with this investigation? I was forced to sulk so can I only pick to investigate myself?

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground

@Cao: If you can't do anything else, it might be a good idea to investigate the crime scene. If Zelphas is being truthful, we know you can't disrupt his investigation anyway (right?) and if he's a wolf (unlikely, but you never know) you might catch him. If both of you are town, we might learn both location of the killer and their talent.

7. - Top - End - #277

oh, it's just alibi investigations that can cause death. up to y'all then, I'll go there if you want me to.

8. - Top - End - #278

Cao you didn't ever pick a different option, where I was clear I wanted to be in the cafeteria but have been assured that this was not a mistake. It does lead me to assume there is someone with the ability to force people to sulk. However them being able to use that ability on two people at once does not seem likely.

I know that I tried to go to the cafeteria. And you were accused by MossDragon of being the actual wolf which, if we think about what someone trying to save their skin would do they would either push forward another person suspected of being a wolf (which you were not and we had pretty much town cleared you). Or they would play the longer game and put forward another wolf so that when they flipped and were confirmed as the Black Team we would lessen suspicion on the one they accused.

I mean look at Zelphas's analysis from yesterday. Both Cao and I got soft town leans based on the fact we were in areas with Mossdragon and Dakrsidders and were accused by them.

So Cao, and I know you are busy so I am sorry about this, but please explain why we shouldn't suspect you?

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

To clarify about your situation, Athedia :
    Hangout groups are set at the start of the daily life phase. Making hangout plans in the middle of the daily life phase won't change where you will hangout for the phase that already started, but will be taken into consideration for the next one.
    However, one can say with confidence that you were forced to sulk because your registered hangout plan for last phase was in the gym with Cao.

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    I wish you could be

10. - Top - End - #280
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

I will not have sufficient time for this game until early next day phase, but I will investigate the crime scene since investigating the alibis of myself and a corpse seems somewhat counterproductive.

Also I have reason to believe my action last night was interfered with. If a townie did it then... actually honestly no fair enough it was a reasonable decision with the information you had at the time it just had rather bad consequences.
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 28
    Werewolf games lost: 18
    Games as town: 28.5
    Games as neutral: 6.5
    Games as wolf: 11
    Games narrated: 2
    Deaths: 30

Extended Signature

11. - Top - End - #281

Okay so my point still stands. I was forced to sulk and it is unlikely that someone has the power to effect two folks. It would make sense for Cao to want to force me out of the gym since his White ability is a kill blocker, but he can't both block the kill *and* commit the kill. So he needed to be in a place he couldn't be investigated but if he sulked solo it looks weird.

Is there fault with this logic (and yes this logic assumes I am White Team, because I am and I can prove it I just don't want to play that card until I have to)

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm not sure if there's any fault with the logic, but I have a hard time seeing Cao as a wolf in light of his initial claim about (possibly) having stopped a kill. At the time, I was a little paranoid that he might be a wolf hoping to get two townies killed, but with MossDragon being a wolf it seems strange to risk a buddy like that only to possibly make you look bad (of course, it could be a long play specifically to look good after MossDragon flips).

- - - Updated - - -

Of course, at this point I'm pretty much townreading everyone but Snow, so either it's her or I'm misclearing someone (in which case Cao might be the most likely person).

13. - Top - End - #283

The rules about hanging out explicitly says that anyone who doesn't declare a location just goes back to the same location they were in the day before. Am I missing something there? I wasn't really worried about the location stuff because of that rule and just didn't bother to change.

As for why to trust me, you specifically saw me use my ability to block you and got the name of my Talent from that. I have claimed that it blocks everyone at my location and for what its worth, MossDragon claimed to be blocked as well. Was going to say you could investigate my Talent, but I just reread the OP and it looks like that won't work cause sulking. Still, MossDragon and I being at the same location limits who MossDragon can use their ability on, which is important if Moss wanted to get as much info as possible.

My theory for what happened is that one location (Gym) was removed by the Black team, which is what set both of us to sulking but I have no proof of that, obviously.

I feel like I was pushing discussion early game and was contributing well to finding wolves/giving out town reads, but that's a bit more subjective. My push on Book Day 2 wasn't against Black team, but it did help us get through a day without losing a White team member.

In the Night 1 Hangouts, MossDragon was with Kraken, Zelphas, and Athedia so I'm looking at who they would use the hypnotize ability on. Kraken was killed N1 (so not him) so it must have been used on Zelphas or Athedia. Black team would have info on either of them from that Night.

As far as I'm aware, neither of you (Zelphas or Athedia) have active abilities for me to block. If Moss Investigated either of you, why would I move over when there's only 1 possible person for me to block? The same person that Moss would be investigating to learn their ability anyway?

14. - Top - End - #284
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Actually screw it, I'm going to claim, given current circumstances I think it's better to just play my cards now.

Ultimate Bodyguard, baner, at your service. I block all other actions targeting a player in my hangout location and trace them to learn the Ultimate Talent used.

And I targeted bladescape last night, and got no results. And bladescape is dead despite the fact I should have blocked the kill.

So yeah. That's why I'm somewhat confused/frustrated rn.

Caoimhin/Athedia, would appreciate it if one of you would investigate the Ultimate Bodyguard (I'm mildly tempted to do it myself, but it's probably better for purposes of proving myself that someone else does it. Then again if it comes back with no results I will just say "oops, guess my action must have been cancelled without my knowledge" since fmpov that is quite likely to be true.)

Anyway I will actually have time for this game by middle of next day phase. And worst-case scenario if I don't town doesn't lose by killing me any more so...

Extended Signature

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground

Who have you targeted previous nights?

16. - Top - End - #286
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

N1: Caoimhin (townread)
    N2: bladescape (Caoimhin left the Lounge, the choice between BCH and bladescape felt pretty arbitrary at the time I think)
    N2 2:Electric Boogaloo: Batcathat (trusted you more after getting into a private chat with you; I believe Zelphas tracked someone in my hangout location to you and I confirmed I targeted you at that point)
    N3: bladescape (only other person in my hangout location)

I didn't receive feedback on any of those nights, which I initially took to mean no-one else targeted those players, but now that it's clear my power wasn't functioning properly last night I'm wondering if it just flat-out doesn't work for some reason...

Extended Signature

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

Not sure where my investigation is best spent. I'm a little tempted to investigate the crime scene (mostly for the same reasons I gave for Cao to do it – to ensure we get both a place and an ability, plus I don't trust Snow), though investigating the cafeteria might also be a good idea in case Zelphas isn't as towny as I think (at least if I can be sure I won't accidentally check my own alibi, I've asked about that but not gotten a reply yet).

I suppose I could investigate Snow's role, but I'm leaning towards the name being true whether or not she's a wolf, so I'm not sure how useful that would be. I'm very open to suggestions.

- - - Updated - - -

Or would investigating Ultimate Bodyguard not get any result if that ability wasn't used (if Snow is a wolf with that ability, I assume it wasn't the one used to kill blade since that would be a very strange name )? In that case investigating that might be more useful.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Investigating Ultimate Bodyguard would not get any results if the ability wasn't used or didn't exist. Or if the ability was cancelled.

And since the ability failed to function, there is quite a high probability it was cancelled. But that investigation done by someone other than me does stand at least a chance of proving I'm telling the truth.

I'd recommend one of Athedia/Caoimhin does that, though, since you do actually have a non-zero chance of getting useful information by investigating your hangout location.

Extended Signature

19. - Top - End - #289

Can I investigate an Ultimate without triggering the regulation?

- - - Updated - - -

Okay I guess I will Investigate the Ultimate Bodyguard

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry that should read Investigate the Ultimate Bodyguard

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright, I suppose more than one person investigating the ability is unnecessary (since if we get confirmation it was used at all, we can presumably trust Snow unless the narrator is fiendish enough to name a kill power Bodyguard...) so I guess I might as well Investigate the Cafeteria.

21. - Top - End - #291

Haven't paid much attention since my last post, someone tell me what to investigate?

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

Wait, do we know whether a wolf could use more the one power at the same time? Just so we don't clear Snow for using Ultimate Bodyguard if she could've also used a kill power.

- - - Updated - - -

@Cao: My suggestion would be that you investigate the crime scene, having three people on it should ensure we get maximum information (unless it's disturbed, which would be information in itself) even if one of the three is a wolf.

23. - Top - End - #293

Well each Black team member has had 2 abilities so far, so yeah it doesn't rule out Snow from being Black Team. If you three get results from the crime scene, just say yes or no at first.

24. - Top - End - #294

Investigate Crime Scene

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, wolves can probably use multiple actions at once - Bodyguard wouldn't clear her.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Deadly life phase 5 has ended. Please wait for narration.

- - - Updated - - -

Investigation groups :
    Crime scene : Zelphas, Snowblaze, CaoimhinTheCape
    Cafeteria alibis : Batcathat
    Ultimate Bodyguard : Athedia

As you reach the courtroom, you notice that Monokuma isn't as aggressive as usual.
    "Look, guys, I'm not really in the mood today. The victim was another weirdo."

bladescape was a Grey player. He was the Ultimate Stalker and the Ultimate Magician.
    You are the Ultimate Stalker
    Before the end of the first Trial, you must choose a crush among the other players. You win if your crush wins or if you both survive.
    During the daily life (night) phase, if you are sulking, you trace every action of your crush and learn who they targeted. You also trace every action targeting your crush and learn who perpetrated them.
    During the daily life (night) phase, if you are hanging out with your crush, any potentially lethal action targeting them is redirected on you.
    During the trial (day) phase, one vote against your crush is redirected on you.

You are the Ultimate Magician
    As a daily life (night) action, you can target two players, one of wich must be you or in your hangout group and the other out of your hangout group. During this phase, any action targeting one specificaly will be redirected to target the other instead.
    You trace every action you redirect and learn the identity of their perpetrators.
    "And I had to read his entire diary. Court is in session I guess."

Trial 5 has started and will end in about 48 hours.

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    I wish you could be

26. - Top - End - #296
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Well then. I was hoping to see hangout location, and got that the killer was the Ultimate Manipulator instead. So, then, process of elimination:

--Since I got a result, the killer cannot be either Athedia or CaoimhinTheCape, since both were technically sulking last night.

--Going by hangout locations, I thin Snowblaze was bladescape's stalking target. This might mean that Snowblaze was the target and so was spared by bladescape's actions, or it might not; still, Snowblaze seems unlikely.

--I am not on the Black Team.

Batcathat, you're the only one left there.
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #297

I think I know what happened last night, and I think Zelphas was Black Teams target.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

EDIT: think, not thin. Yeesh.

- - - Updated - - -

Always happy to hear new information, if you'll tell, Athedia; I know for a fact you weren't the killer, which is refreshing.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #299

Oh since Zelphas posted and what I am seeing is lining up I concur. Black Team member is probably BatCatHat but I am open to changing this if other people bring forward evidence.

If it is BCH then I will be a little smug for suspecting them, Draksiders and Mossdragon in early game.

30. - Top - End - #300

Got info, need to look back at something.