New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Star Trek Adventures 2E Quickstart Adventure - The Celestial Algorithm

Star Trek Adventures 2E Quickstart Adventure - The Celestial Algorithm

A couple of months back, Modiphius Entertainment made a lot of waves by announcing the overhaul of the Star Trek Adventures rules for a fresh edition. Recently, they've unveiled a complimentary Quickstart Guide, designed to showcase the game's fundamentals and aid newcomers in grasping the revamped system. I'm keen to gauge interest in delving into the Quickstart Adventure, with players taking on the roles of the pre-generated characters provided in the document. This playthrough should span roughly a month or two in a Play By Post format, coinciding nicely with the release of the new edition. Once it's out, we can transition smoothly into crafting our own characters and embarking on our very own campaign!

Like I said, the Quickstart guide is free and it comes with seven pre-generated characters of various species, departments and ranks. Definitely something for everyone to enjoy!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Star Trek Adventures 2E Quickstart Adventure - The Celestial Algorithm

I’m willing to give it a go.

I will give the QuickStart a read over, and go from there.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Re: Star Trek Adventures 2E Quickstart Adventure - The Celestial Algorithm

This looks super fun either want to be the trill commander or the beteziod ensign

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

This is the first I've heard of a second edition. Count me in!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Burk the Tellarite engineer or Zoe the Human botanist both look interesting. (Or if others want to play both of those two, Dr. Voraal would be fun too.)

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

I must admit, Xen does sound fun. I'm certainly willing to give it a go.
    "Don't think of it as dying," said Death,
    "Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush."

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

I'd be interested, either Dr Voraal, or Lt Hernandez (well I'll have a go with any character). I have played a little of Star Trek Adventures (1e obvs.) in the past.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Ooh, I'd be interested in trying out the 2nd edition, too! I've been playing 1st ed over on mythweavers for a while, now...

Looks like the interest so far is:
    Officer Species Interested Players
    Commodore Nella Xen Trill Chronomancer79, Infernally Clay
    Commander Xanthus th'Raviq Andorian Dr. Gunsforhands
    Dr Voraal Vulcan spinningdice
    Lt Cmdr Burk Ven Jaxa Tellarite mucat
    Lt Zoe Hernandez Human mucat, spinningdice, whoiam
    Lt JG Rashid Kemal Human whoiam
    Ensign Laniyar Tennan Betazoid Chronomancer79

After staring at the table for a bit, I put myself down for either of the human officers. Mainly because I didn't want to play the Andorian (as I already play a former-security Andorian XO in another game...)
    Last edited by whoiam; 2024-05-21 at 03:06 AM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by whoiam View Post
    After staring at the table for a bit, I put myself down for either of the human officers. Mainly because I didn't want to play the Andorian (as I already play a former-security Andorian XO in another game...)
    I'll take on the security friend, then! Granted, I didn't see many of the episodes where Andorians were a big deal, but the guide tells me the broad strokes and it's fun to just roll with stuff sometimes.