New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Default Re: Graduates of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Athedia View Post
    Right now we don't know who if anyone is blackened and we don't know if they will learn.
    "Ho, trust me. If you get blackened, you will notice. And as for wether your fellows are blackened, well, that's anyone's guess."
    Yes, I am slightly egomaniac. Why didn't you ask?

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    The world needs more platypi
    I wish you could be

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari
    Also this isn’t D&D, flaming the troll doesn’t help either.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'm the one looking for a replacement. Not sure how much attention I'll be able to pay to the game but I'll at least put down a vote so I don't get blackened automatically.

Vote Dakrsidder

We've also gotta decide on what to do for locations at night. I don't think I'll be around to come up with any plans but I'm probably best used to lock up anyone you don't trust and I can just keep roleblocking my location. We might be able to narrow down suspects by making it so only a couple people could do the kill.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    I'm the one looking for a replacement. Not sure how much attention I'll be able to pay to the game but I'll at least put down a vote so I don't get blackened automatically.

Vote Dakrsidder

We've also gotta decide on what to do for locations at night. I don't think I'll be around to come up with any plans but I'm probably best used to lock up anyone you don't trust and I can just keep roleblocking my location. We might be able to narrow down suspects by making it so only a couple people could do the kill.
    I volunteer to go to your location then

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

I volunteer to go to your location then
    Up to you, but at least to me you're one of the less likely suspects Dakrsidder flips wolf (and if they flip town, I suspect it might be game over). I mean, the deeply paranoid part of my brain says you could be w/w hoping to buy you a ton of towncred, but that seems fairly unlikely. If it was up to me, I'd pick Snow, MossDragon and maybe blade to spend some quality time with Cao.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    If it was up to me, I'd pick Snow, MossDragon and maybe blade to spend some quality time with Cao.
    I'm not wholly opposed to it since my ability is a little lackluster, but I dream of one day guessing successfully...

I really strongly disagree with Althedias move right now. It seems bizarre and counterproductive to everything to force TWO of us townies to get blackened (the random select and the abstainer).

Trying to make sense of it: it means we know who's blackened, and we can have one token "always votes for a different person" to avoid a blackened victory? Though then that town person is a target for the wives.

I really don't see a good reason for you to self blacken. You brought up that you thought MY power had to do with blackening, is it because yours is related to being blackened?

(Also if someone can respond to corncobweb on the discord with a glossary of terms, why do y'all keep saying ISO like it's a buy nothing group?)

6. - Top - End - #216

Athedia.

Vote someone to not blacken yourself you nonce. There is 0 reason to self sabotage town rn
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

7. - Top - End - #217
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

I will make a note that the voters only get blackened if dakrsidder is innocent. Since I'm fairly certain they are not, we would be safe from being blackened in this case for voting for them.
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #218
    Barbarian in the Playground

So I am going to do something I know will be controversial. I am not voting today. Now specifically I am aware that voting for someone who isn't in lead would be the optimal choice if I have doubts RE Dakrsidders. And the fact that everyone is so willing to vote really gives me doubts. But I can't pin down who I think for sure is Black team anymore.
    No need to hesitate voting me; after all, I did tell a lie, and it was a fairly malicious one at that

In the meantime, to not be the one to give away their name or specific roles, Ultimate person who obverses + Ultimate person with magic, any chance you'd be up for voting someone else? No clue what your win condition is, but thought it was worth asking

9. - Top - End - #219

Quote Originally Posted by Dakrsidder View Post
    No need to hesitate voting me; after all, I did tell a lie, and it was a fairly malicious one at that

In the meantime, to not be the one to give away their name or specific roles, Ultimate person who obverses + Ultimate person with magic, any chance you'd be up for voting someone else? No clue what your win condition is, but thought it was worth asking
    Nah I'm good.

Maybe if your partner asks when I'm in a position to win with them. But I can't say when that would be.

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

10. - Top - End - #220

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    Athedia.

Vote someone to not blacken yourself you nonce. There is 0 reason to self sabotage town rn
    Um hey, can we 1) not call me that because I don't know how it is used in Australia but it is actually a super freaking offensive term. And 2) If I wanted to sabotage town I would just stop playing entirely lot less effort on my part

11. - Top - End - #221

Um hey, can we 1) not call me that because I don't know how it is used in Australia but it is actually a super freaking offensive term. And 2) If I wanted to sabotage town I would just stop playing entirely lot less effort on my part
    I am sorry. Where I come from it is used as a "Silly/daft" insult, usually moderately affectionately as like a kind of rolling your eyes. I've learnt something new today checking it. (Though it'd be far from the first insult that is used casually in Australia.)

I'll make sure I don't use it again.

The comment about sabotaging town was mostly meant as an exasperated exaggeration. I don't think it's best play still, but I do have an idea what you're doing.

12. - Top - End - #222

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    I am sorry. Where I come from it is used as a "Silly/daft" insult, usually moderately affectionately as like a kind of rolling your eyes. I've learnt something new today checking it. (Though it'd be far from the first insult that is used casually in Australia.)

I'll make sure I don't use it again.

The comment about sabotaging town was mostly meant as an exasperated exaggeration. I don't think it's best play still, but I do have an idea what you're doing.
    Thank you, for me I haven't ever heard it used that way (though yes Australia does have some lets say very different uses of language). Thank you for the apology.

There is a method to my madness, maybe also a little madness, I am kinda stuck in an echo chamber of my own head and a murderous cat like thing.

Again thank you for the apology.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

No one has declared any new hangout spots, right? I suppose I'll go to the Cafeteria to keep Zelphas company.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Trial 3 is now over. Please wait for narration.

- - - Updated - - -

Spoiler: Vote recap
    Show
    Dakrsidder : 6
    Abstain : 2

"Well, time's up ! Not much debate today, heh? Who are you killing? Dakrsidder?"
    The evidence over the last three days piled up. Despite their protestation, the vote against Dakrsidder was almost unanimous.
    "If you're so sure about this, then let's give it everything we've got !"
    Once more, Monokuma pushes the red button.
    Spoiler: Execution
    Show
    The main lights go off, leaving the room lit only by the screens of your voting machines and Monokuma's red eye. You can barely make out each others. An eerie wind picks up like a whisper, and strange blue forms come out of the pulpit of the dead players... Ghosts?
    As the wind grows into a complaint, the specters gather around Dakrsidder as to suffocate them and get closer despite their supplications.
    Suddenly, the lights are back on and the apparitions vanish. Dakrsidder lies dead.

Dakrsidder was executed. He was a member of the Black team, the Ultimate Assassin and Ultimate Spirit Medium.
    You are the Ultimate Assassin
    As a daily life (night) action, you can commit murder for the Black team. Only one of you per phase can use this action.
    When you murder a player whose Ultimate talent you can name, your action cannot be cancelled, blocked, redirected or traced.

You are the Ultimate Spirit Medium
    During the daily life (night) phase, if you are sulking, you commune with the dead. Choose a dead player. Monokuma will send you a short message from them and two other dead players.
    During the daily life (night) phase, if you are dead, you can commune with a living player of your choice. Write down a short message, and Monokuma will pass it on.
    "You thought I'd go easy on a Black player? Think again !"
    Monokuma burst out laughing.
    "What about the rest of you? Is the guilt of sentencing your fellow graduates to death sinking in yet? No?"
    Monokuma eyes you one by one, as if awaiting an answer.
    "Then let's do it again ! Time for your Third Trial Perk : we're skipping straight to the trial !"

New regulation : this day cycle skips straight to the trial without murder or investigation. However, if a White player is executed during this trial, the Black team immediately wins.

"And this time, I want to see the kind of intellectual integrity grownups must display. No more copying each other !"

New regulation : plagiarism is punishable by death. This include any copy/pasting of large chunks of text.

"I declare this new trial, to avenge nobody in particular, open !"
    Monokuma's laughter fills the court with dread.

Day 4 begins. Trial 4 has started and will end in about 48 hours.

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    I wish you could be

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, that's certainly stressful. In light of that (and since my plan was to reveal it close to the end of night, but then night didn't happen) I figured I'd explain why I started suspecting Snow quite a bit after CCW died. I thought about being vague, but if my suspicions are correct the wolves already know it all and if they aren't, them knowing shouldn't help them much.

So, my power is to invite people into a private chat. N1 I tried inviting Snow but it got redirected to Persolus/CCW (presumably by the action Zelphas mentioned) who almost immediately told me their role name. N2 I once again tried to invite Snow and succeeded. Then CCW was NK'd which seemed like an odd choice, but one that could be explained by the wolves knowing their role name (though not their actual power, I was personally leaning towards CCW being a baner, which might've been the wolves' thought as well). That knowing the role name might have made the kill easier doesn't exactly make me less suspicious.

With Dakrsidder flipping wolf and Athedia thus presumably town, it feels likely that MossDragon is also a wolf, in light of Cao's earlier claim. Not sure which of them is the most likely, really hoping someone else has more to go on.
    Last edited by Batcathat; 2024-05-10 at 02:52 PM.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

To clarify, plagiarism is any copy/pasting I catch you doing it. Quotes or no quotes, copying your talent from the discord sever to claim, and copying yourself will all be punished if I notice you doing it.
    I might fail to notice, if you want to take the risk. But a conventionnal ISO is right out.
    This covers the main thread, but also private chats you might have on discord with other players. Your private chat with just me is not covered.

- - - Updated - - -

Using the quote function is not punishable in itself, letting a large quote in the content is. You can still use it to link to other's posts.

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    I wish you could be

17. - Top - End - #227

Oh I am White, I was hoping for a night round though. Would have been interesting. I will point out regulations allow us to execute a Gray player or a Black player. I have my suspicious on a few who might be Black but I know one I am pretty sure is Gray.

- - - Updated - - -

Caz can we tattle on other people who we think plagiarized?

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry Monokuma are we allowed to snitch on people we see breaking regulations. I am not talking to the obviously dead Cazero because that would be very silly of me.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

"Why, of course you can ! That's half the fun !"

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    I wish you could be

19. - Top - End - #229
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Welp, sorry, usual RL business is happening.

Confirming that BCH is telling the truth. And yes, I realise that makes me suspicious; don't really have any defence beyond WIFOM though. I'm pretty sure I could make myself obvious town from posting alone... that is, I could if I a) had time and b) was able to actually ISO people properly.

So, yeah, mildly frustrated rn. I will do what I can, but no promises.
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 28
    Werewolf games lost: 18
    Games as town: 28.5
    Games as neutral: 6.5
    Games as wolf: 11
    Games narrated: 2
    Deaths: 30

Extended Signature

20. - Top - End - #230

Athedia, if the person you're pretty sure is grey is me I'd recommend a read through some other games of mine. I tend to claim a lot of things I think are good for town to claim ("grey" means black probably won't kill me, for example)

Classic example is the game I claimed baner as vanilla town ccing Snow as real baner. To keep her alive funnily enough.

I'd normally just laugh if you voted me here for it cause I'd say we have at least one mislaunch in the bank but actually regulations say no.

I have Snow as hard town for reasons but this is the phase I'll reread Snow to make sure I'm right.

I had BCH as a partner for Dark earlier in the game but I'll review that too.

21. - Top - End - #231

I actually personally have MossDragon as either Grey (Gray? What country are we in) or Black. Behavior doesn't seem consistent. Also Snow you have been saying you would ISO or should ISO for a while and haven't produced any. I feel like talking about mechanics you should do while not doing those mechanics is a little odd.

- - - Updated - - -

There is one alternative. No one votes. If I read the regulations correctly we get punished if we execute a White player. Except Monokuma would then execute someone and he does favor the wolves doesn't he?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and Monokuma, do signatures count for plagarism?

22. - Top - End - #232

Ah, Moss could be grey. That would fit with what I'm thinking anyway.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Athedia, it's called not having time for this game. I do pretty regularly talk about analysis I should do and proceed to not do said analysis.

Anyway. Should probably at least come up with a vague-incoherent-thoughts reads list.

Athedia: probably just town barring tinfoil worlds where the Dakrsidder thing was a gambit and even then I think the way they treated each other makes it unlikely

Batcathat: I had a vague townread on them at one point but I don't know how valid that is. Tinfoil voice says ccw dying could be them trying to frame me, unsure whether I should listen to tinfoil voice.

bladescape: exists I guess? I don't have any reason to trust him, which in itself makes me paranoid. I'm not sure what wolf!bladescape's agenda here is though. Probably involves pocketing me, lol. It is currently not working if so.

CaoimhinTheCape: probably just town? The only reason I had to suspect them was the N1 crime scene investigation failing which is explained by the Dakrsidder flip. Then again my townread there is, uh, extremely outdated and I wouldn't feel confident there without rereading.

MossDragon: eh. Nullish. The missing N2 kill is a decent mechanical argument to suspect them, but I'm not sure why wolves wouldn't just have Dakrsidder carry that kill given the circumstances. Normally I wouldn't be opposed to voting them but... it just feels like the easy option and the easy option is seldom the right option.

Zelphas: exists I guess? I vaguely recall having a reason to townread him at some point but can't remember what it was. Tinfoil voice says that there is a world where he was throwing Dakrsidder under the bus with the claim because Dakrsidder was pretty much screwed before that anyway.

Huh, only six non-Snowblaze players alive. I guess that incoherent mess is where I am, then. Just under thirty-six hours, none of which I can afford to devote to this game. What fun.
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 28
    Werewolf games lost: 18
    Games as town: 28.5
    Games as neutral: 6.5
    Games as wolf: 11
    Games narrated: 2
    Deaths: 30

Extended Signature

24. - Top - End - #234

Tbh if I sat down and went "I should try pocketing the entirely over-paranoid Snowblaze" then past-me was way too optimistic.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Oh and Monokuma, do signatures count for plagarism?
    If you start changing your signature to pass a copied message about the game, I'm going to treat that as a violation.
    Otherwise I'm just going to ignore them.

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    I wish you could be

26. - Top - End - #236
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

What a terrible time to be incredibly busy IRL for the next few hours (visiting family, a wedding, then flying home).

Going back to my day 1 observations, with the absolute certainty now that dakrsidder was a wolf:

Snowblaze and CaoimhinTheCape could have both been disrupted by dakrsidder sulking, so there's no certainty of a wolf there.

Batcathat was with dakrsidder during the investigation, and so was probably disrupted; no certainty of a wolf there either.

Mossdragon and Athedia were together, and both reported no result. I was with them, too, but my investigations can't be disrupted. Near-total certainty of a wolf among those two.

Athedia, right now, feels more suspicious, but that's probably recency bias due to the vote thing yesterday.

I'm hoping to check in one more time before trial's end, and possibly change my vote then. I can say with the most confidence that one of Mossdragon or Athedia is a wolf, so those are the two I'd like to hear from the most.

No votes equals a Black victory; if no one votes, every White player is blackened for abstaining.
    Last edited by Zelphas; 2024-05-12 at 11:26 AM.
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #237

Oh is every player blackened? Are you sure? Player abilities do trump regulations after all. That being said it would count as a tie which we know is bad for White.

28. - Top - End - #238

I came back from re-ISOing to say:

I was wrong. BCH is 100% clear.

I think Snow is also clear.

Athedia/Zelphas are also/also clear.

Which for me makes it down to Moss or Cao. And I still think Cao is town for earlier.

MossDragon

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

While I'm not going to entirely rule out Athedia being a wolf, I think it does seem a bit unlikely in light of Dakrsidder's flip. What was the point of a claim that would almost certainly get one of them killed? Yes, it could be an intentional play to get the survivor a ton of towncred, but it does seem like an odd play under the circumstances, I think.

As for the not voting thing, that's sort of making me less suspicious of Athedia rather than more, since I don't see why a wolf would make a move like that instead of just bussing their obviously doomed buddy.

30. - Top - End - #240

BCH had a weird conflict with Dark early on which makes them never paired.

Snow's not playing like wolf!Snow with a low hanging fruit partner.

Athedia/Zelphas both were big parts of the accusation. (Athedia was accused by Dark, Zelphas claimed that the killer had to have been sulking and only Dark was sulking.)

For clarity in the reasons I'm getting there.

- - - Updated - - -

The number of times I've quoted someone only to remember the regulation this day phase is insane lmao.