New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Default Re: Need a GM for a DnD 4e and/or PF2e Campaign. Plenty of players interested!

Quote Originally Posted by Nuptup View Post
    DnD 4e Player List: 7
    Looks like we have plenty for a full party and some spares assuming onlie2005 or a different DM wants to get the ball rolling on this. I can help with organizing things. Just need to formally start the group and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuptup View Post
    PF2e Player List: 6
    For the pathfinder game, we maybe have enough interested players if the ones listed above all turn out to play, but we still need a DM for the game.

Anyone willing to step up and run either of these?
    Last edited by Nuptup; 2024-05-07 at 03:38 PM.
    You can find all of my homebrew here: Nuptup's Extended Signature

2. - Top - End - #32
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Need a GM for a DnD 4e and/or PF2e Campaign. Plenty of players interested!

Bumping with a question; so PF2e recently had something of an update and I've been a little confused as to whether or not the earlier edition- er, version of 2e has been completely thrown out? Like can I still play a character of a different ancestry option outside of what it's in the Player Core book?

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

In general, the way I've been seeing most groups handle it is "Use the remastered rules when possible, if a remastered version of something doesn't exist, use the old version and adjust wording as needed."

4. - Top - End - #34
    Bugbear in the Playground

I am still unsure if I want to DM this. Truth be told I would rather play. But know that I am considering DMing.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

This appears maybe dead in the water.

If, say, a given amorphous djinn-like entity were to run this, how entirely malleable does each player wish to be with character creation? Any quality of life house rules that seem to be common fair? Would something closer to a one shot or a campaign be wanted?

6. - Top - End - #36
    Halfling in the Playground

Well, I'd still like to be able to try some of those homebrew options, so I suppose when it comes to character creation it'd be fair to say anything goes?

As for house-rules, I've seen some 4E games where feats like Improved Defenses or a choice of Weapon Expertise are given as bonus feats. Something like that I guess? Put it up to a party vote?

And my preference is for a full-on campaign still.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by InAction View Post
    Well, I'd still like to be able to try some of those homebrew options, so I suppose when it comes to character creation it'd be fair to say anything goes?

As for house-rules, I've seen some 4E games where feats like Improved Defenses or a choice of Weapon Expertise are given as bonus feats. Something like that I guess? Put it up to a party vote?

And my preference is for a full-on campaign still.
    Echoing this post.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

8. - Top - End - #38
    Barbarian in the Playground

d20 Re: Need a GM for a DnD 4e and/or PF2e Campaign. Plenty of players interested!

I'm cool with RAW or house rules like InAction said.

Looks like there's about every role covered... I'll put in as a Controller. Had fun with a Human Mage-Enchanter (Essentials) before.
    "I don't want problems solved for me. I want the fishing rod, not the fish." -Yanni

9. - Top - End - #39
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Yeah, for the most part, I'm fine with RAW for most things, but I was also wanting to try out one of the playtest things I posted. So, as long as that's on the table, I'm down for whatever. Something longer-lasting would be ideal, but I'm down for whatever.

Definitely wouldn't say the post is dead in the water, maybe just the prospects of the other person dm'ing it.