New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Another Way to Wish for More Wishes

Quote Originally Posted by Tohron View Post
    Ah, thanks. Well, looking further, the section for creating Wondrous Items does specifically say that XP costs are not spent in crafting them and the item prices should be used as a direct guideline for crafting costs - so my original method still works.
    I had a whole thing written up, but it got eaten by the internet. Long story short: no, you still need to expend the xp if the wondrous item is duplicating a spell with a component cost, you just dont need to do it daily while crafting. That section is saying that, when you expend your prerequisite spells, you dont pay any costs
    Last edited by Crake; 2024-05-08 at 02:31 AM.
    World of Madius wiki - My personal campaign setting, including my homebrew Optional Gestalt/LA rules.
    The new Quick Vestige List

Quote Originally Posted by Kazyan View Post
    Playing a wizard the way GitP says wizards should be played requires the equivalent time and effort investment of a university minor. Do you really want to go down this rabbit hole, or are you comfortable with just throwing a souped-up Orb of Fire at the thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by atemu1234 View Post
    Humans are rarely truly irrational, just wrong.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Another Way to Wish for More Wishes

This does seem like a lot of effort to get more wishes

when you could just take two iterations of Planar Touchstone (Catalogues of Enlightenment) once you are capable of getting to Mechanus at least once.
    Once for Portal domain (0 cost telportation to get there and back)
    and once again for the various domains to get Wish or Miracle a bit each day.

Recharges by visiting the catalogues, once per year you have to do some admin work for the catalogues but you get basically as many wishes as you care to have feats for per encounter.

Essentially 0 cost, plus you get all the other spells of that domain and the granted ability as a cherry on top.

People really overthink how to get semi-phenomenal, quasi-cosmic power when it's easy enough to get.
    OI YOU! Join this one Discord where people talk 3.5 stuff! Also chicken infested related things! It’s pretty rad! https://discord.gg/6HmgXhUZ