New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Default Re: The Drow War Epic 3.5 IC thread

Ivory passes along the description of the area to Krag to aid in the teleport/greater teleport efforts

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Jasmal is one of the most prosperous regions of Kahoor. Its main exports are wine and fruit. The sunny hillsides are perfect for vineyards. The landscape is one of serene beauty, with small farmsteads dotting the land and patches of dark woodland where stags roam, all overseen by a high whitewalled castle. This is Nuskham’s residence.

To the north, the Wall of Grand Iora stretches like a white cliff across the plain, dividing Kahoor from the barbaric, untamed land of Urmish, where monstrous humanoids, goblinoids and giants roam. In the distance to the west, the summery perfection of the landscape is marred by huge dark rents torn in the earth, as if some great machine had ploughed through it again and again.

The rigid caste system of Kahoor means that mere labourers are practically a different and inferior species from warriors, let alone champions.

Zubunti is the closest settlement to the Tarrasque’s lair. The houses are simple wooden buildings with thatched roofs and chickens in the yard. The Tarrasque has not ploughed through the village, as the outlying farms offer more easily-caught food (cows and pigs) than the little humans who run away.

Those are all the things you learn from the scrying attempt.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Kurnos

The hunter spins his staff gently around as the others speak of distant Kahoor. "It is rare for me to travel to a new place..." the elf mentions in passing, "But I am excitd to see how we will hunt such a beast." Nodding to Krag he'll offer a smile, "I stand ready I need only a few moments to fetch my bear who is a close friend and travelling companion"
    Last edited by DrK; 2024-05-15 at 05:39 AM.
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground

Krag looked grimmer than usual while he pondered. The Prince's vagueness might have been deliberate, but most likely no close witnesses to the battles with the Beast had survived to report anything in detail. And this Prince was a man of considerable means, with the resources to consult any known source of further insight. As much as he hated going to battle unprepared, there was likely no other way to gather more information but from the Beast's very wake.

"Aye, I'll need a moment to prepare as well—to fix this place in my mind, to ready additional protection, and to call upon the wisdom of our forebears. From that, we can all benefit."

Spoiler
    Show

Party Buffs:
    Mass Adept Spirit

(Additional) Self Buffs:
    Foresight
    Adamantine Wings
    Extended Shapechange (taking the form of a Marut Inevitable before we go)

When all were prepared and ready, Krag finally cast the spell to teleport the party to Jasmal.
    Last edited by Athaleon; 2024-05-16 at 01:16 AM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground

As Ivory conjured up a magnificent feast that filled their stomachs and imbibed them with protective magic, Yedra wondered out loud, not the first time, at the strangeness of it:
    "I could never get fully used to stuffing myself as preparation for a battle! But I guess you never know when it's going to last 5 or 8 hours... Thanks Ivory, this is as delicious as ever."
    She eats with one hand, the other still bound to her trusted weapon.

She feels a thrill at the prospect of measuring up with the Legendary Beast. Based on what her companions have told her, it will be the single most powerful creature they have fought up until now.
    Yet "an isolated foe is not the one that one fears the most".
    In truth, taking down gigantic beasts or fiends is a specialty of hers, so she does not feel worried.
    "But does one of you have the right spell to send it back to sleep?"

When the time comes to teleport with Krag, she stretches then comes near him with a feline smile.
    "Ready to slice that giant... possum?"
    The comparison is obviously intended to be ridiculous.
    "Even gods must learn to control their tempers, lest they set a bad example."
    The Malazan Book of the Fallen, Steven Erikson

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zubunti is the closest settlement to the Tarrasque’s lair. The houses are simple wooden buildings with thatched roofs and chickens in the yard. The Tarrasque has not ploughed through the village, as the outlying farms offer more easily-caught food (cows and pigs) than the little humans who run away.

You arrive on the outskirts of the town. You see a commotion as the villagers spot you. They send their women and children running to hid in their houses, and the men come out and fall into a rough line in the village square. They all keep their heads down, not daring to look at personages as mighty as the Starborn.

Spoiler: OOC Actions
    Show

Can I please get a Gather Information check from anyone who wants to talk to the villagers.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Bugbear in the Playground

Yedra knows she cuts an imposing figure with her angelic wings and her wicked-looking, gleaming curved blade, yet she sees no need to minimize it - she wouldn't be good at that kind of deception anyway.
    So with a beat of her wings she rises into the sky, her voice carrying far, magically amplified by her headpiece.

"People of Zubunti, we have come to help you and protect you from the depredations of the Immortal Beast!
    Fear not our might, for it is at your service.

Let those of you who have reliable information on the whereabouts of the Beast come forward: if you have seen it, or seen the spoors of a giant beast, then let us know. We have no needs for rumors, and remember that the sooner we find it, the sooner your families will be safe!
    "

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Gather Information (1d20+6)[7]
    edit: and a nice 1 to start with!

Yedra has terrrible social skills, but I'm hoping the RP and her display gives her a +20 circumstance bonus.
    Last edited by namo; Today at 04:10 PM.
    "Even gods must learn to control their tempers, lest they set a bad example."
    The Malazan Book of the Fallen, Steven Erikson

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Walking into the village, Ivory asks around of the people to see if any know of or have seen the royal beast and may know of its whereabouts.