New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Default The Boys season 4 official trailer

Spoiler
    Show
    Nope. Still can't put these trailers on this forum.

All I want is Homelander's "creamy delicious milkshake" to just be a normal milkshake. Please for the love of everything make that a boring, standard milkshake.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 1

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The Boys season 4 official trailer

Given it's the penultimate season I do expect this one to end on a massive downer. Ever since they introduced the election subplot I've been wondering if that's where things go south really hard, with Homelander running for - and winning - the presidency.

You can see in the trailer itself that Homelander is talking about how the country is corrupt beyond repair and they're going to save it, how he's reforming the supes into wrathful gods... It certainly could lean that way and that would certainly raise a very good question for the final season.
    "Don't think of it as dying," said Death,
    "Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush."

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Infernally Clay View Post
    Given it's the penultimate season I do expect this one to end on a massive downer. Ever since they introduced the election subplot I've been wondering if that's where things go south really hard, with Homelander running for - and winning - the presidency.

You can see in the trailer itself that Homelander is talking about how the country is corrupt beyond repair and they're going to save it, how he's reforming the supes into wrathful gods... It certainly could lean that way and that would certainly raise a very good question for the final season.
    I wonder if they'd go the route that makes a bit more sense given how much they like to mirror recent events and people: Homelander runs for the Presidency and loses, then leads the supes in a successful coup. Could go either way really, depending on whether they want an all-out war final season or to keep to the underground nature of The Boys.
    Last edited by ArmyOfOptimists; 2024-05-05 at 08:06 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyOfOptimists View Post
    I wonder if they'd go the route that makes a bit more sense given how much they like to mirror recent events and people: Homelander runs for the Presidency and loses, then leads the supes in a successful coup. Could go either way really, depending on whether they want an all-out war final season or to keep to the underground nature of The Boys.
    I'm gonna go super meta and speculate that the election season/ramp up to supe war takes up this entire season, and they leave the outcome open ended at the end, waiting on the real world to decide which way to pivot for the final season.

Either way, everything goes horribly awry in the final season, of course, and we maybe get a brief period of living under totalitarian, albeit incompetent, supe rule.