New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Firbolg in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Bink's Wrath of the Righteous: The Worldwound Incursion

Filburn writes for several minutes, angry glares occasionally visible as someone else talks and incites some smoldering flame inside him. When he closes his book and lays down it is only moments before his breathing becomes steady and he falls asleep. Anyone remaining awake notices him tossing and turning all night, though, as dark dreams plague him.

When he wakes in the early morning he unceremoniously takes the last watch, doggedly walking about the small home and looking out the windows for potential threats as the others sleep.

2. - Top - End - #692
    Titan in the Playground

The dawn's light breaks through a crack in the modest shutters over the eastern-facing window. A brilliant yellow glow seeps into the main room, where most of the party wakes if they hadn't already. For the moment, the sky seems to have forgotten the travesties of the last several days. Until the sun reaches the perpetually-ruddy clouds, at least, the morning carries a brief hint of promise.

Anevia enters from her bedroom, carrying an odd-looking metallic disk about four inches across and a small pouch. "Sorry," she apologizes. "I got so distracted with the accommodations and... other issues last night, I forgot to finish checking the cache. Irabeth left us these, also." In the pouch, a trio of potions bear labels indicating them as cure moderate wounds draughts. Anevia holds the disk almost reverently. "I've heard of these, but never seen one before. It seems like you should be the one to use it, Aurora."

Reaching out, she offers the gold-ish item to the young Paladin. It seems almost like a metal plate, but it doesn't feel metallic. The shield of Iomedae marks the top surface. "Break it," Anevia says. "It's a seal. Irabeth told me once how they work, but I've forgotten. Some of the crusaders carry them for emergencies- when it seems you can't go on."

3. - Top - End - #693
    Ogre in the Playground

Aurora gasps. Gingerly taking the plate in her two hands, she holds in front of her at arms length. Her eyes dance across its surface, mouth slightly agape.

"Everyone gather around me. Quickly." She finally manages to stammer out. Once they do, she begins to speak reverently.

"Light of the Sword, we thank you for this boon. With it, we shall be enabled to face thine enemies on the field of battle once again.
    I will have faith in the Inheritor.
    I will channel her strength through my body.
    I will shine in her legion.
    "

At the word shine, Aurora cracks the seal with her forefinger and holds the plate above her head. A warm glowing light permeates the room. Your wounds knit themselves as a renewed sense of purpose permeates your mind in the form a of a single image. That of a woman in full plate with a long sword and shield.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Everyone is healed to full.
    Spoiler: Active Characters
    Show

4. - Top - End - #694
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Waylan gasps as the golden glow suffuses the room and mends the group's wounds, recognizing a divine power far greater than his own. "That... is a wonderful artifact. Such power - how did your sister come by it, Anevia? And how does your leg feel this morning?"

As the group begins making preparations to leave, Waylan turns to Anevia again. "You said your sister is at Defender's Heart? How close is that, and will we pass by either Lord Gwurm's estate or the Blackwing library on our way? It seems to me that we should make for the nearest objective first - what say you all?"
    Spoiler: Active characters
    Show
    Waylan, Kestros and Auspice (Wrath of the Righteous)

Lydia (Age of Worms - loot tracking)

5. - Top - End - #695

Never having been one for deep religious thoughts, Elrembriel is shocked by the amazing display of divine power. Silently, she bows her head, a great feeling of hope replacing the weariness in her heart. At least we aren't alone against the world.

She returns to her studies of spells with a lighter step, and completes the penning in her arcane book. Her spirit buoyed with this newfound knowledge and her courage bolstered with Iomedae's blessing, she returns to the group.

"Ser Pelleas, I'm hopeful that I now will be able to bring a little more power to bear in this struggle. In the event of a battle, please don't be surprised if strange creatures appear after the casting of a spell of mine - these would be temporary allies I can call from the outer planes."

A frown briefly passes on her face, likely some inner thought better not voiced aloud. Mother always wanted me to master this so I could bring demons to my service. I will use it to beat them instead!
    Last edited by Gwynfrid; 2016-07-09 at 10:19 AM.

6. - Top - End - #696

NecromancerGuy

Filburn quietly cooperates, his expression telling nothing of his thoughts. When the healing wave passes over the party he sighs and stretches, feeling tight muscles relax and weight lifted from his shoulders. With a shake of his head and a gesture to Morevek to join him the swordsman turns to the door and slips outside to scout the immediate area.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Stealth (1d20+7)[9]
    Perception (1d20+8)[12]

7. - Top - End - #697
    Titan in the Playground

Anevia turns to answer Waylan's questions, "I... honestly, I don't know. We never had one before, but I couldn't possibly forget what it was. Irabeth told me once of what was supposed to be a short sortie into the demon-occupied Worldwound, just over West Sellen River: It turned into a week-long affair, because they were so harried by what they misjudged as easy prey. On the 6th day, they awoke to find a seal like that one in their lead medic's bag. He broke it on accident, and the secret of their construction became known to him- at the same time, the crusaders become almost fully restored." She looks down at her leg and tests it. Wincing, she adds, "without seeming ungrateful, it seems he didn't learn the trick quite right. It's said one of the men regrew a hand! Though... perhaps that's a little embellishment?" she smirks at the thought, before continuing about the business of making read.

As Waylan asks the more generic question, Anevia's response is interrupted by Aravashnial. Unable to witness the subtler queues, the Elf simply blurts out, "Sadly, no. If I recall correctly, The Misses Tirablade live at something of an effective middle-point between The Defender's Heart- north of us here in the Gate District- and Lord Gwerm's manor- in the south-eastern portion." He sighs heavily. "Blackwing is further south, still- beyond the more well-to-do manors." Horgus seems eager to agree, but offers Filburn's back- as the bard steps outside to scout the area- a wary leer and remains silent.

Filburn and Morevek venture outside, and find the street and buildings around the area much like they left them the night before. If anything malicious noted their passing, it's being quiet about it...

Show
    Defender's Heart is slightly closer than Horgus' manor. For that and other reasons, you might choose to go there first. Aravashnial's library/secret hideout is furthest away.

Don't forget, there are also 3 known cultist hideouts (from the note found on Hosilla): The Topaz Solutions (unsurprisingly a jewelry store), The Tower of Estrod (a publicly accessible library and research laboratory), and Nyserian Manor (the home of Kandro Nyserian: a well-known businessman).

8. - Top - End - #698

NecromancerGuy

Filburn returns several moments later to report the stillness of the streets. "It's nice to have a safe, quiet place to camp. Let's get rid of the dead weight and drop off 'his lordship' at his manor first," he says, his opinion of the nobleman now well known by his companions. "If there is anyone left there we might bring them to the Defender's Heart, where there might be more room for them."

9. - Top - End - #699
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Morevek nods at Filburn's quick description of the apparently empty streets, and his tail twitches slightly at the latter's thinly-veiled reference to Horgus. The tiefling's silent gaze turns toward Aurora, one eyebrow almost imperceptibly raised.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    In case it matters for the scouting efforts:
    Stealth: (1d20+12)[29]
    Perception: (1d20+4)[9]
    Lehasti Gesmeha and Azkin for Mummy's Mask
    Morevek for Wrath of the Righteous
    Janstina Silentall for Age of Worms

10. - Top - End - #700
    Ogre in the Playground

Ser Pelleas, I'm hopeful that I now will be able to bring a little more power to bear in this struggle. In the event of a battle, please don't be surprised if strange creatures appear after the casting of a spell of mine - these would be temporary allies I can call from the outer planes.
    "A bit of warning before you summon it would be helpful. I am not entirely sure what you mean by strange creatures. However..." Aurora eyes turn to stone "Do not EVER summon a demon." Aurora's gaze lingers, looking for confirmation from Elembriel.

Let's get rid of the dead weight and drop off 'his lordship' at his manor first," he says, his opinion of the nobleman now well known by his companions. "If there is anyone left there we might bring them to the Defender's Heart, where there might be more room for them."
    "This is true. I have a feeling that we may find additional aide at Defender's Heart. Procurement of such would be of great assistance to the rest of our endeavors. Let us head there first, and then we can decide on how best to proceed."

Aurora checks her equipment and straps. "Prepare yourselves."

Aurora motions off to the side for Filburn to follow her, lowering her voice, she speaks to him.

Spoiler: Whisper to Filburn
    Show

"Thank you. For yesterday. I was ungrateful for your healing and my response was inappropriate."
    Last edited by Untarr; 2016-07-13 at 06:42 AM.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #701

Quote Originally Posted by Untarr View Post
    "A bit of warning before you summon it would be helpful. I am not entirely sure what you mean by strange creatures. However..." Aurora eyes turn to stone "Do not EVER summon a demon." Aurora's gaze lingers, looking for confirmation from Elembriel.
    Elrembriel's delicate elven features freeze into an expressionless immobility, all color drained from it in an instant. She remains speechless for a few moments, before she painfully utters: "You have no idea... how harmful and insulting this question is." She turns away abruptly.

As the group departs, the young girl's ebullient morning spirit is replaced by sullen, dark looks and stubborn silence.

12. - Top - End - #702

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler: Whisper to Filburn
    Show
    "Thank you. For yesterday. I was ungrateful for your healing and my response was inappropriate."
    Filburn looks confused. "Apology accepted, and you are welcome, but I don't understand. I am no cleric, nor a holy knight..." he replies seriously. It appears he doesn't know of any magical ability he possesses. After a moment he continues, saying, "I don't like every decision you make - such as dragging around that nobleman," he nods in the direction of Horgus, "but will follow your lead. All I ask is that you let those of us who are capable take point when it will help you bear the weight of that blade and your calling. We may not be ordained paladins, but our bodies and souls are strong and unafraid - let us help you."

Saying nothing more, Filburn turns and readies himself to leave the sanctuary of the little home.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Filburn genuinely doesn't know he does magic (zero ranks in Spellcraft). I have deliberately chosen spells that are not obvious (to him) in their effect or that can be explained through creative uses of skills. Some of more obvious than others (Disguise Self), but Filburn discovering his own magical talents is something I want to explore over time. Feel free to mention it more.

13. - Top - End - #703
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"This is true. I have a feeling that we may find additional aide at Defender's Heart. Procurement of such would be of great assistance to the rest of our endeavors. Let us head there first, and then we can decide on how best to proceed."
    Waylan nods and readies his pack. As the group begins to move, Kestros spreads his wings and takes to the air, but at Waylan's command stays little higher than head-level, not wanting to give away their presence too obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynfrid View Post
    "You have no idea... how harmful and insulting this question is." She turns away abruptly.

As the group departs, the young girl's ebullient morning spirit is replaced by sullen, dark looks and stubborn silence.
    Waylan edges closer to the elven girl, lowering his voice. "I understand your indignation. You're right, Ser Pelleas knows not of what she speaks, here. But she has trained all her life to fight this foe... try to take her words as a reaffirmation of her own resolve, and not as condemnation of your abilities."
    Show

14. - Top - End - #704
    Ogre in the Playground

"You have no idea... how harmful and insulting this question is." She turns away abruptly.
    Aurora stands still as the wizard walks away. Furling her eyebrows, she heads over to Filburn... (see previous post)

"Filburn and Morevek, scout out around us as we traverse the city. No surprises. Check in periodically."

Aurora waits until everyone is prepared, before leading the main group towards Defender's Heart.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #705

NecromancerGuy

Filburn nods and sets off in front of the group, leaning to the right as he motions silently for Morevek to go left.

Show
    Taking 10 on skill checks for the following results:

Stealth 17
    Perception 18

16. - Top - End - #706
    Titan in the Playground

The party begins heading northward. Defender's Heart is some 15 blocks away, so Anevia begins quietly speaking- perhaps more to herself than anyone else- to pass the time. "Irabeth's note says the password to Defender's Heart is 'silverstrong'- must be a reference to something..." She looks into the distance a bit distracted as she easily keeps the slow pace- set by Morevek and Filburn's scouting.

The first danger on their path to safety rears its head about 4 blocks north. In an intersection, a pair of cloven-hooved demons, some 8 feet tall- at least- clop down the center of the street, crossing perpendicularly across your path. For a moment, while Filburn looks on from behind a pile of wreckage in the gutters, the nearer beast turns your direction with a distinctly inquisitive expression on his long, scarred face. After a moment, you breathe a collective sigh of relief as they march onward, and you cross the street a few minutes later.

Just a few blocks north, you find a grizzlier scene. About a half-dozen men- their armor and carriage immediately identifying them as cultists- stand around a pair of bound, kneeling humans. They cast repeated jibes and mockeries onto their prey, flashing a pair of silvery daggers around their heads and necks. More than a few cuts on the upper arms and shoulders already spill thin trickles of red into their loose tunics. The two humans seem to be stoically denying their captors any terroristic satisfaction, as they stare forward silently. One cultist begins to raise his voice in a wordless chant, no doubt calling out to some powers beyond the material plane.

Morevek and Filburn wait for the rest of the party to reach their position- the cultists are much too engaged with their own sport to notice a pair of near-silent onlookers. As soon as Aurora looks past the pair of scouts, her eyes widen. Involuntarily, a hiss passes her lips. "That- those are my parents!"

Show
    For the moment, the cultists have not registered your presence. You've got a surprise round coming up- unless you blow it- and the opportunity to possibly move closer first, with stealth checks. I'm aware of distance penalties for perception, so I'll be adjudicating non-combat movement as such.

I've rolled your initiative already. It's posted on the map.

Map updated

17. - Top - End - #707
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

With the merest of nods, Morevek assents to his role as scout, gliding off to the left in a smooth, dance-like gait.

Show
    Stealth: (1d20+12)[30] <-- +1 if for some reason there's sufficient rubble for this to be "rocky ground".
    Perception: (1d20+4)[8]

18. - Top - End - #708

Elrembriel's stony face morphs into a look of horror at the spectacle. When the cultist begins a chant, she puts an urgent finger to her lips asking for silence, and strains her ears to try and recognize a possible incantation.

Spoiler
    Show

Perception might be needed as this is quite distant ? (1d20+8)[20]
    Spellcraft (1d20+11)[12]

19. - Top - End - #709

NecromancerGuy

With a silent look of concern and shock Filburn turns to Aurora. At her confirming nod he makes a grim face and then motions to himself, pantomiming him going around to the side of a building and approaching the cultists. Then he purposefully walks to the previous side street and disappears down that way determinedly.

About a minute later a new "cultist" appears at the intersection, dressed like the others but with Filburns face. "You look like you need some inspiration, brethren! Let me see if I can provide it with a hymn to our master's power..."

Show
    Taking 10 on Stealth for a 17 to backtrack and get around to the alley on the far right of the map. Once there he casts Disguise Self to appear as a cultist (Taking 10 for a net result of 21 on the disguise check). Then he casts Expeditious Retreat on himself (but does not use the increased speed) and approaches the cultists from the corner of AE9.

Once he is seen he hails them as noted above and begins to try and Fascinate as many of them as possible.

Bluff (only if necessary) - (1d20+5)[17]
    Perform (Sing) (1d20+8)[11] to improvise a hymn to a nameless demon lord

He will sing from square T4, hoping to get all of their backs to the rest of the party.

20. - Top - End - #710
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

As Morevek slips away down a side street, Waylan steps forward to take his place behind the wall. Nocking an arrow, he calls Kestros back to his shoulder with a curt gesture. Back pressed to the wall, he keeps his eyes on Aurora, waiting for her signal as the sound of Filburn's ruse begins to reach their ears...

Show
    I just want Waylan to move from O/24 to P/23 while everyone's getting into position (I think they'd hear spellcasting) - the goal is to get to a point where he can take shots without cover penalties (if that's Q/23, go there instead once the cultists turn to look at Filburn). He's obscured by the building and not moving far, so hopefully taking 10 on Stealth for 10 is sufficient (if a roll is needed, (1d20)[10])
    Show

21. - Top - End - #711
    Ogre in the Playground

As Filburn walks down the alley, Aurora waves everyone back. There, she leads them around a building and back to the main street, except now closer. She waits until Filburn starts to talk before sliding along the wall to get closer to the group. Checking that Filburn has their attention, she steps out and gives a countdown with her fingers.

Show

I've labeled two of the buildings to make this paragraph easier.

Gonna back up, go around building Y (so start at the SE corner and go clockwise around it). Stopping at (N,20) until Filburn starts to talk.

Once he starts to talk, I'll move forward along the side of the building until (P,14). If none of the cultists are looking down the street, step out to (Q, 14) and ready a charge.

(1d20-5)[-4] Stealth... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...CLANKCLANKCLANK HEYGUYSY WHATS GOING ON IN THIS CULT CIRCLE?!?!?!
    Last edited by Untarr; 2016-07-16 at 06:12 PM.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #712
    Titan in the Playground

Filburn turns southward, avoiding sight with the cultists gathered nearby. As he turns down the previous ally, Aurora makes eye contact with everyone else one more time. Morevek all-but disappears into the rubble, risking discovery as he sneaks around the nearest pile, but quickly disappearing down the next alley- without a peep of recognition from their prey. Waylan cautiously steps forward, not trusting himself to greater movement, and quickly outs himself in a position where a few of the targets are visible. Elrembriel nods in relief as she notes the lack of arcane phrases or energies, and passes the information to Aurora. Finally, she beckons to Anevia, who delivers Aravashnial to the other Elf's side, before drawing her short bow.

At last, Aurora gestures to Elrembriel and Aravashnail- Anevia can stay close to Waylan. The paladin steps out from hiding. She steps over a small seam in the street- leftover from the destruction wrought by the demonic infiltrators, and her foot comes down on a wide wooden plank. Unfortunately, it's width does not translate into thickness, and with a squealing crack the narrow board snaps as it settles between two stones. Aurora looks up, and sees two of the cultists pointing decidedly at her, over her parent's heads.

Map updated
    Show
    No one else has yet been seen. You can choose to take a surprise round now, or simply enter the fight (probably taking advantage of flat-footed AC) during a later round. Your positions on the map are current.

23. - Top - End - #713
    Ogre in the Playground

"****." the curse escapes her lips as the crack echoes through the canyon walls created by the buildings. As it subsides, the paladin keeps her eyes on her enemies, giving no hint that her allies are just out of sight.

In a loud and clear voice she calls out to the cultists. "Cease, I beg of thee." Aurora raises her hands in front of her. Open. Unarmed. "I offer myself in their place." She takes deliberate steps forward. "A Paladin of Iomedae for two geriatrics whom pose no real threat to you. Surely such a trade is to your benefit."

Aurora continues to walk forward. "Release them and you shall have me. And..." her right hand twitches involuntarily "the sword which I bear."

Spoiler: Actions and rolls
    Show

Walk forward, talk and diplomacy. She'll get to 35 feet from them before stopping to see if they comply.

(1d20+9)[18]
    Show

24. - Top - End - #714

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler: Surprise (?) Round, Filburn's Status
    Show
    Filburn Crow
    Male Neutral Good Half-Elf Bard, Level 3, Init 8, HP 33/33, Speed 60 ft.
    AC 17, Touch 12, Flat-footed 15, CMD 18, Fort 4, Ref 5, Will 3, CMB +6, Base Attack Bonus 2
    Arcane Strike MW Cold Iron Falcata +7 (1d8+4, 19-20/x3)
    Masterwork Chain Shirt, Masterwork Light Shield (+4 Armor, +1 Shield, +2 Dex)
    Abilities Str 19, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 12
    Condition Expeditious Retreat

As he hears Aurora speak Filburn shakes his head in frustration. After focusing a moment to spur himself forward more quickly he makes his way to the corner of the building, stepping around it with his blade drawn...

Show
    Cast Expeditious Retreat and walk to AE9 (from which point he can charge the nearest cultist).

After casting the spell he does not move his full movement speed (which has been doubled), so Stealth (1d20+2)[10] (includes -5 penalty for moving) to be unseen/unheard.

25. - Top - End - #715

"Can you make the two of us invisible, Sir?" Elrembriel whispers urgently, in Aravashnial's ear.

Spoiler
    Show
    If Aravashnial can do Invisibility Sphere then Elrembriel will walk with him, both invisible, just behind Aurora. If he can make only one person invisible then it should be Elrembriel. If not, then she will ask him to cast Magic Armor on her, for lack of a better idea, and she will wait for the result of Aurora's diplomacy.

26. - Top - End - #716
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

If the party could see Morevek continuing to circle the building, they might note the widening of his black eyes as Aurora's misstep and ensuing diplomatic entreaties are heard. With renewed urgency, the magus steps gingerly among the rubble between the two buildings...

Show
    Move to H14 (less than full movement speed) while attempting to maintain stealth (i.e. including the -5 penalty for movement): (1d20+7)[11]

Spoiler: Stats
    Show
    Morevek Balthissar
    M CG Tiefling Magus (Fiend Flayer, Kensai), Level 3, Init 4, HP 29/29, Speed 30
    AC 17, Touch 17, Flat-footed 10, CMD 15, Fort 4, Ref 5, Will 4, CMB +1, Base Attack Bonus 2
    Scimitar Ranged+1 (1d6+Dex, 18-20/x2)
    (+4 Dex)
    Abilities Str 8, Dex 18, Con 12, Int 19, Wis 12, Cha 8
    Condition None

27. - Top - End - #717
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Surprise Round?

His nerves getting the best of him, Waylan casts a spell from behind the building - drawing on Erastil's power to steady his aim.

Show
    Cast Aspect of the Falcon on himself (as quietly as possible!) and remain hidden.

Spoiler: Status
    Show
    Waylan Henrickson
    Human Cleric 3 LG
    HP 27 / 27 Speed ft Init 6
    AC 19 Fort 3 Ref 5 Will 6
    CMB +3 BAB 2
    Masterwork Longbow +7 (1d8, x3)
    Sickle +3 (1d6 + 1, x2)
    Cold Iron Arrows (, )
    Blunted Arrows (, )
    Dagger +3 (1d4 + 1, 19-20/x2)
    Str 12 (1) Dex 18 (4) Con 11 (0) Wis 16 (3) Int 12 (1) Cha 10 (0)
    Show

28. - Top - End - #718
    Titan in the Playground

Two cultists move forward warily, drawing a longsword each. A sly leer spreads on the nearer cultist's brutish face. "Ain't this cute..." he begins mumbling. As Aurora speaks up and makes her own declaration, they stop approaching to listen. The cultist starts grinning- but quickly change their expressions to distrust.

"Oy, Erik! Get up here!" A third of the cultists, a younger-looking human, dutifully prowls forward, his hands empty but a sword at his side. The speaker nods towards Aurora. "Take her blade."

Aravashnial whispers harshly, "I'm afraid I don't know that one..." At the request for mage armor, he nods quietly. "I can do that, at least..." Within a moment, Elrembriel feels the familiar sensation of a magical barrier falling into place over her shoulders. Waylan's eyes narrow in avian focus, while Morevek and Filburn continue prowling forward.

One of the cultists delivers a swift kick to the woman's ribs. As she collapses, the cultist pulls out a crossbow, and leaves it pointed at the woman's back.

Map updated
    Spoiler: timing clarification
    Show
    The cultists beat Aurora in initiative. Two cultists approached somewhat before Aurora started talking. Aurora began talking (and the rest of the party took their stated actions- Waylan's buff took place, Elrembriel is armored, Filburn is expeditious and closer, and Morevek advanced). Round 2 began- the cultists passed the sense motive vs Aurora's bluff (as we discussed in person the other day, intention to deceive is the relevant part), and hesitated. They called a less-senior member forward to take the most apparently dangerous role. They armed themselves.

Game on, bottom of round 2: all PCs to act

29. - Top - End - #719

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler: Round 1, Filburn's Status
    Show
    Filburn Crow
    Male Neutral Good Half-Elf Bard, Level 3, Init 8, HP 33/33, Speed 60 ft.
    AC 15, Touch 10, Flat-footed 13, CMD 16, Fort 4, Ref 5, Will 3, CMB +6, Base Attack Bonus 2
    Arcane Strike MW Cold Iron Falcata +7 (1d8+5, 19-20/x3)
    Masterwork Chain Shirt, Masterwork Light Shield (+4 Armor, +1 Shield, +2 Dex)
    Abilities Str 19, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 12
    Condition Arcane Strike
    Charging
    Expeditious Retreat

When he sees Aurora's mother forced to the ground Filburn begins charging, moving much faster than normal, into the nearest cultist. His curved blade comes down in a sweeping arc as he silently moves to surprise the enemies!

Show
    Swift action to activate Arcane Strike.
    Charge C3, ending movement in square U8.
    Falcata (1d20+9)[21] attack, (1d20+9)[10] (19-20/x3), (1d8+5)[10] slashing damage, (2d8+10)[21] critical strike damage

30. - Top - End - #720
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Round 2

Muttering a hasty prayer to Erastil, Waylan spins out from behind the building's corner and sends two arrows flying towards the nearest cultist!

Show
    5ft step to Q/23, and then use a full-round action to attack C6 using Rapid Shot. (I think C1 and C2 have cover from Waylan's position in Q/23; if that's inaccurate or changes, he'll shoot at one of them instead)

EDIT: I'm dumb and forgot the -2 Rapid Shot penalty - the attack rolls were 21 and 14, respectively.

atk 1 (1d20+9)[23] (+1 Aspect, +1 Point Blank), cc 1 (1d20+9)[11] (19-20/x3)
    dmg 1 (1d8+1)[9] (+1 Point Blank), cdmg 1 (2d8+2)[10]

atk 2 (1d20+9)[16] (+1 Aspect, +1 Point Blank), cc 2 (1d20+9)[17] (19-20/x3)
    dmg 2 (1d8+1)[4] (+1 Point Blank), cdmg 2 (2d8+2)[11]

Aspect of the Falcon round 1/30
    Spoiler: Status
    Show
    Waylan Henrickson
    Human Cleric 3 LG
    HP 27 / 27 Speed ft Init 6
    AC 19 Fort 3 Ref 5 Will 6
    CMB +3 BAB 2
    Masterwork Longbow +7 (1d8, x3)
    Sickle +3 (1d6 + 1, x2)
    Cold Iron Arrows (, )
    Blunted Arrows (, )
    Dagger +3 (1d4 + 1, 19-20/x2)
    Str 12 (1) Dex 18 (4) Con 11 (0) Wis 16 (3) Int 12 (1) Cha 10 (0)

Last edited by MuffinMan; 2016-07-26 at 06:14 PM.
    Show