New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony 2F: Ponibooru, We Hardly Knew Ye...

Quote Originally Posted by SynissterSyster View Post
    Hello fellow bronies and pegasisters. My name is Sysnisster Syster or RetroGamer1224 on twitter/ I just started the show in mid May and I love it a whole lot. Umm I dunno what else to say other then the communiter is super awesome and I am very happy to be proud of it.

Welcome to the herd! Please take a brohoof!

Tell us a bit about yourself. IE: Fav pony, shipping pair, episode, stuff like that. (Too creeperish? )
    Last edited by Maxtronaut; 2012-06-27 at 02:44 PM.
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    Tell us a bit about yourself. IE: Fav pony, shipping pair, episode, stuff like that. (Too creeperish? )
    Not too much, yet. It'll get lost in the welcome; there ought to be at least two more on the way.

One of which needs a cue. Alabenson, would you care for a celebratory barrage of the OFCs?
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

3. - Top - End - #753
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Siosilvar View Post
    Not too much, yet. It'll get lost in the welcome; there ought to be at least two more on the way.

One of which needs a cue. Alabenson, would you care for a celebratory barrage of the OFCs?
    No, you fool! I just got a new body!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

4. - Top - End - #754

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    No, you fool! I just got a new body!
    I respect your desire to....

*jams fire button with full force*
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

5. - Top - End - #755
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    News from tf2.com: Pinkie Pyro has been confirmed! Rejoice true believers in the victory over those that said Pinkie Spy!
    That didn't take long
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

6. - Top - End - #756
    Dwarf in the Playground

I dun really have a fav ship. Maybe AppleDash or ScootDash. My second post has my fav ponies. Fav episode is Hurricane Fluttershy (Seen it 6+ times). Ummmm I like the original Derpy voice.

PS Oh yeah. #CLOP #CLOP #CLOP
    Last edited by SynissterSyster; 2012-06-27 at 03:11 PM.
    If any of you wish to follow me my twitter is @RetroGamer1224. I am fun but #NSFW

7. - Top - End - #757

I respect your desire to....

*jams fire button with full force*
    But, I did not even get use that special-

gaaaaaahhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeshecomesandwaitnightshadeis shadowhonestbileplagueswarmthssecondsintheblackinf initythesunisbeating motherindreamsbeforeanythingwaseverevil.eeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhaaaaag.

Huh, I am alive. Did, did I say something? Ehh, it was probably the shadow's talking. You might need to upgrade whatever you shot at me, tho. I barly felt that, which is kind of sad because pain is on of the few things I can feel now.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #758
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    Hey guys! Isn't this a great picture of the princess?

Spoiler
    Show

Or maybe this one from Hasbro's new coloring book?

Spoiler
    Show

Actually from here
    *snerk*

Right, now that Thanqol has posted up his art (in a general sense, Easy was definately "arty!") for the day for critique, I shall follow suite...

Spoiler
    Show

Better? I ended up mostly rebuilding the legs (and the body a bit) from looking back at the articulation - and a horse walking animation. This involved also looking at real horses again. Which, yes, means, in order to get it something like, I did have to spend several minutes literally looking at a horse's arse...

Not put the floaty guns nack this time, since they rather got in the way last time!

I also took, I think it was Even-, sorry, SlyGuy's advice and went more Armoured Fetlock Flares, which I think does look better!
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-06-27 at 03:20 PM.

9. - Top - End - #759
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    See, if it is like a creepy-pasta, then we're missing a vital stage.

Spoiler
    Show
    The Audience indulging in Wild Mass Guessing to try and figure out what exactly just happened and what it all meant!

My theory is that the story is about Mask, who has gotten trapped in Spike's Thousand-Year-Dream (probably due to it being so filled with Lies about Rarity and the other ponies). She must figure out what is wrong and slowly destroy the dream from the inside out, in order to stop being Rarity and everyone else in the dream and go back to being Mask.
    Once she has gotten spike to admit what he's doing, the truth sets her free.

Also; Regarding who mask is or isn't, I'm reminded of something I said a little while back. "It's Masks all the way down, and they're all true".

Soras - Draw ponies.
    I'm not 100% certain that Tiki Snakes is right, but this feels to me like the most coherent explanation for what actually happened in the story. So, good job ripping logical organization out the swirling chaotic maelstrom. Keep up the good work.

Never saw the first pic. Seen the second and I LOVE Pinkie. She is my fav pony (mostly because she seems to be one closest to my heart). Rainbow Dash and AJ are next. Then Twilight, Fluttershy, and Rarity. Of the CMC it has to be Scootaloo and AppleBloom. I like Sweetiebell too. Of the many and many background ponies I have to give it to Spitfire of the Wonderbolts then Derpy. Gods it feels like I still have so much to catch up on.

Umm I have read Cupcakes and My Little Dashie, for what it is worth.
    Welcome to the herd.

Larger picture spams will come later, that's not really my thing.

Given the current conversation in the thread, might I recommend you read Thanqol's Your's Truly? It's an excellent story and might leave you less confused since we're all talking about Easy as Lying right now, which is set in the same continuity.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    *snerk*

Right, now that Thanqol has posted up his art (in a general sense, Easy was definately "arty!") for the day for critique, I shall follow suite...

Spoiler
    Show

Better? I ended up mostly rebuilding the legs (and the body a bit) from looking back at the articulation - and a horse walking animation. This involved also looking at real horses again. Which, yes, means, in order to get it something like, I did have to spend several minutes literally looking at a horse's arse...

Not put the floaty guns nack this time, since they rather got in the way last time!

I also took, I think it was Even-, sorry, SlyGuy's advice and went more Armoured Fetlock Flares, which I think does look better!
    That looks a lot better. I think the walking stance and armor look good and the arse looks entirely reasonable given the power armored covering. Your time was well spent. The headpiece of the armor looks slightly odd though, and actually makes me think of a cow, which I think is partially due to the length of the snout and partially due to the top reminding me of horns.
    Last edited by Anarion; 2012-06-27 at 03:25 PM.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

10. - Top - End - #760
    Troll in the Playground

Or maybe this one from Hasbro's new coloring book?
    That's hilarious! (But also full of swear words. Just saying.)

EDIT: and since we're talking Learn to Draw, try the Pinkie method:

Spoiler
    Show
    I would give anything to be able to do that. But I think I share the same problem as Zigg'rrauglurr (How the hell do you pronounce that?) in that the pictures in my mind are rarely perfect anyway.

Hello fellow bronies and pegasisters. My name is Sysnisster Syster or RetroGamer1224 on twitter/ I just started the show in mid May and I love it a whole lot. Umm I dunno what else to say other then the communiter is super awesome and I am very happy to be proud of it.

I might get in trouble for this, but my MOV sence was tingleing.
    Yeeeah. You probably would.

Anyway. Pictures.

Rainbow Dash and Spike. And it's not shipping! *gasp*
    Spoiler
    Show

The truth behind the royal wedding.
    Spoiler
    Show

It's so wrong, but so cute!
    Spoiler
    Show

Not wrong, just cute.
    Spoiler
    Show

Stylish.
    Spoiler
    Show

And more cute, because one can never have enough. Well, you CAN, because your organs can give out on you, but that happens so often it barely seems to matter anymore.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

11. - Top - End - #761

*snerk*

Spoiler
    Show

Well, the guns might not be in there, but at least the cannons turned out well. /snerk
    Show

12. - Top - End - #762
    Titan in the Playground

Welcome to ponythread, SynissterSyster!

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Rainbow Dash and Spike. And it's not shipping! *gasp*
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aww, who drew these?

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    The truth behind the royal wedding.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Head canon'd!

13. - Top - End - #763
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    That looks a lot better. I think the walking stance and armor look good and the arse looks entirely reasonable given the power armored covering. Your time was well spent.
    Jolly good!

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion
    The headpiece of the armor looks slightly odd though, and actually makes me think of a cow, which I think is partially due to the length of the snout and partially due to the top reminding me of horns.
    Yeah, not overly happy with that myself. Unfortunately, that is about the best I can do, given the material limitations; i.e. can't make 'em thinner than 1mm. Which makes doing thin curvy things like horns extremely hard, and nearly impossible on a small figure like that.

(It's sort of designed as a box shape which covers the pointing-foward-over-the-eyes horns, and the ears and the pointing-backward-over-the-ears horns. At larger scale, I'd probably model them more accurately and as seperate bits.)

I might have another look another day, see if I can shave another 0.1 or 0.2mm off. The absolute, absolute limit is 0.7mm; I design to 1mm, because it gives me a bit of maneouvering room. This may be one of those times I have get a bit closer to that. But I'm not sure how close I've actually gotten with that already, though.

Well, the guns might not be in there, but at least the cannons turned out well. /snerk
    *eyeglow roll*
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-06-27 at 03:36 PM.

14. - Top - End - #764

But, I did not even get use that special-

gaaaaaahhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeshecomesandwaitnightshadeis shadowhonestbileplagueswarmthssecondsintheblackinf initythesunisbeating motherindreamsbeforeanythingwaseverevil.eeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhaaaaag.

Huh, I am alive. Did, did I say something? Ehh, it was probably the shadow's talking. You might need to upgrade whatever you shot at me, tho. I barly felt that, which is kind of sad because pain is on of the few things I can feel now.
    Actually the repeated low doses of the laughter are mostly there to... let me see one of the ponies here wrote it down...

"A viable conduit that when an appropriate means to exploit has been found will bring forth The Pink One."
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

15. - Top - End - #765
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Aww, who drew these?
    Someone called Ramenluver.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

16. - Top - End - #766
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, not overly happy with that myself. Unfortunately, that is about the best I can do, given the material limitations; i.e. can't make 'em thinner than 1mm. Which makes doing thin curvy things like horns extremely hard, and nearly impossible on a small figure like that.

(It's sort of designed as a box shape which covers the pointing-foward-over-the-eyes horns, and the ears and the pointing-backward-over-the-ears horns. At larger scale, I'd probably model them more accurately and as seperate bits.)
    Any chance you could turn them to point up, or would that not "fit the vision", as it were?

I also feel like the front... what are they, shins? between the two blue joints—are a little thin.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

17. - Top - End - #767
    Titan in the Playground

Welp. It's finally happened. Pony paradox is here for my soul.
    Quick! Call Charger!
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

18. - Top - End - #768

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Quick! Call Charger!
    Which one?
    Show

19. - Top - End - #769
    Orc in the Playground

Hey guys, Some friends were going to make some pins, so I tweaked some pony images that have been on the internet for ever. In some I tried to recreate the original vector, in others was more of a touchup. But they ended up being awesome pins and decen wallpapers so if anyone is looking for a new face on his/her desktop, have at them:

There we go... (Uploaded to tinypic, instead of googleDrive)
    (Warning images will disrupt the forum width bigtime)
    Spoiler
    Show

All files, including different ratios and original PSD, available on my dA. Hope you like them
    Last edited by Zigg'rrauglurr; 2012-06-27 at 05:58 PM.
    As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero.

Blackwing: I prefer to think of myself a super-advanced flying stealth dinosaur.

Forum Explorer: Reading or watching Cupcakes is like being shot. We honor your suffering but nobody wants it to happen.

20. - Top - End - #770
    Titan in the Playground

Any chance you could turn them to point up, or would that not "fit the vision", as it were?

I also feel like the front... what are they, shins? between the two blue joints—are a little thin.
    Hmm. Might well try that, see what it looks like. Good thought!

Can probably live with the shins, though, seeing as there, beefing 'em up by 10% probably won't be noticeable at actual size.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-06-27 at 05:11 PM.

21. - Top - End - #771
    Titan in the Playground

Hmm. Might well try that, see what it looks like. Good thought!

Can probably live with the shins, though, seeing as there, beefing 'em up by 10% probably won't be noticeable at actual size.
    "Hey Sergeant! Sergeant, the Jalyrkeons are attacking again."

"Don't worry private, we've discovered their weak points. Aim for the shins, all available firepower."
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

22. - Top - End - #772
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zigg'rrauglurr View Post
    (warning will distort the forum screen completely)
    ...or they would distort the screen if they'd show up. Plugging the links in directly gives me a 403 Forbidden. Try something else.

That said, I saw them on your deviantArt earlier. The Dash one definitely needs to have used a font different than Arial or whatever that is, and probably not overlapping the mane (though it looks fine, even great, on the Pinkie and Twi images).

EDIT: Any chance Brohoof could be a bit smaller, like 200x200 or so, for use as a reaction image?
    Last edited by Siosilvar; 2012-06-27 at 05:18 PM.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

23. - Top - End - #773
    Orc in the Playground

...or they would distort the screen if they'd show up. Plugging the links in directly gives me a 403 Forbidden. Try something else.

That said, I saw them on your deviantArt earlier. The Dash one definitely needs to have used a font different than Arial or whatever that is, and probably not overlapping the mane (though it looks fine, even great, on the Pinkie and Twi images)
    Yep, the original images are for making pins, that's the reason for the overlapping text. I didn't deem the RD one good enough for a wallpaper, which that's what the the ones I tried to post are. I'm editing the links right now.
    As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero.

Blackwing: I prefer to think of myself a super-advanced flying stealth dinosaur.

Forum Explorer: Reading or watching Cupcakes is like being shot. We honor your suffering but nobody wants it to happen.

24. - Top - End - #774
    Troll in the Playground

Welcome!

News from tf2.com: Pinkie Pyro has been confirmed! Rejoice true believers in the victory over those that said Pinkie Spy!
    Yes, Pyro is the best Pony (Almost the same letters~! See!) of this week

Also, Chrysalis is probably best Spy

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    *nods*
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

25. - Top - End - #775
    Orc in the Playground

AAAAGGHHH!!!
    Is there any good image host that will not resize your image, when it's 1900x1200 and will allow hotlinking. Blasted GoogleDrive & TinyPic and...

26. - Top - End - #776

AAAAGGHHH!!!
    Is there any good image host that will not resize your image, when it's 1900x1200 and will allow hotlinking. Blasted GoogleDrive & TinyPic and...
    you can hotlink from DA.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #777
    Troll in the Playground

I use Imageshack mostly because I'm lazy, you just need to select "Do not resize" when uploading your picture.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

28. - Top - End - #778
    Troll in the Playground

Google Picasa (website, not the program thing) for me for hosting, zero downtimes and great speed compared to other services but sometimes you need to wiggle a bit to get hotlink links...

If anyone needs to know how, contact on mail/steam/AIM.

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

29. - Top - End - #779
    Orc in the Playground

you can hotlink from DA.
    Yeah, but I don't want to spam a gallery with the four versions of each image (16:9,16:10,4:3 and pin)

Quote Originally Posted by OracleofWuffing View Post
    I use Imageshack mostly because I'm lazy, you just need to select "Do not resize" when uploading your picture.
    Will try it , thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Google Picasa (website, not the program thing) for me for hosting, zero downtimes and great speed compared to other services but sometimes you need to wiggle a bit to get hotlink links...

If anyone needs to know how, contact on mail/steam/AIM.
    Even better, I know enough to rip the hotlink from the bowels of the beast, the first time, I hotlinked the google drive image, but apparently the links are temporary...

30. - Top - End - #780
    Troll in the Playground

Even better, I know enough to rip the hotlink from the bowels of the beast, the first time, I hotlinked the google drive image, but apparently the links are temporary...
    Picasa is not a Google drive, it's their image hosting service. I host nearly all images from OPs and such on my account and the links didn't budged in years...

See my very first OP for example, post is locked so I couldn't have changed it even if I tried

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    HW Ava © ETsofu