New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Re: Ionathus's Random Banter #249 -- Directionless Rambling Is Now Mandatory

Quote Originally Posted by Ionathus View Post
    I know some people hate the idea but it's never bothered me -- what is butter, if not cream that's gotten itself all worked up?

I've had it a few times from relatives who swore by it at the time (fad thing, didn't last for them). It was okay -- interesting mouthfeel, and I can see how some people would like it. At the time, they insisted on its health benefits but I'm convinced that's a meaningless distinction and the only reason to do it is for the taste/experience.

I do love the name. "Bulletproof coffee." Helluva fad name, I gotta give them credit.

Yes, I get that. Butter in coffee isn't as bizarre as some people think they would.

Also, I have a call that I'm going to have a job interview by working with the elderly. The date of the job interview is unknown at the time.
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 2024-05-08 at 12:32 PM.
    It's time to get my Magikarp on!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Ionathus's Random Banter #249 -- Directionless Rambling Is Now Mandatory

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    Black tea is significantly more acidic than milk, and so by Peelee's logic should be added afterwards.
    Imean, joking aside, it's not "Peelee's logic" so much as it is "the proper chemistry safety guidelines".

Joking back, YOU HAVEN'T ACCOUNTED FOR THE MOLARITY!
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 1

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    Gift cards are very fun in my opinion.
    I'll agree with this. The nice thing about gift cards is that it's money you have to spend at the place the card is for, so it's money your SO can't give you grief about spending. A group of friends gave me a Spec's gift card big enough that I was able to get a bottle of McAllen 15 (which would be hard to justify otherwise).
    "That's a horrible idea! What time?"

T-Shirt given to me by a good friend.. "in fairness, I was unsupervised at the time".

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Milk and tea are both mostly water.
    Listen, buddy, you're mostly water too if we're getting pedantic, but you don't see me going on and on about it.

Sincerely,
    Definitely Not An Earth Elemental

5. - Top - End - #35
    Colossus in the Playground

Today is substantially better on both the "amount of blood outside my body" metric AND the food metric, as my dad's partner has made EXCEPTIONALLY good baked doughnuts.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

[
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Today is substantially better on both the "amount of blood outside my body" metric AND the food metric, as my dad's partner has made EXCEPTIONALLY good baked doughnuts.
    So the same amount of blood, but it's all in the correct place?

I am spending dar, far too long trying to mod BG3 and make the penises shorter. Send help and/or someone to slap me and make it stop.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by tomandtish View Post
    I'll agree with this. The nice thing about gift cards is that it's money you have to spend at the place the card is for, so it's money your SO can't give you grief about spending. A group of friends gave me a Spec's gift card big enough that I was able to get a bottle of McAllen 15 (which would be hard to justify otherwise).
    Absolutely. It's a real treat to buy the goodies.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ettin in the Playground

Listen, buddy, you're mostly water too if we're getting pedantic
    ...which is one of many reasons I shouldn't be added to acid.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

But what if you're really basic? Can I neutralise some H2SO4 by dunking a middle aged football fan and three pints of lager in it?

Show
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    But what if you're really basic?
    I'm not, but if I were, you'd have to put the acid in me. Just like is currently the procedure, because I'm mostly water.

mmm lemonade
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2024-05-08 at 04:29 PM.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BisectedBrioche View Post
    Ah, this is interesting. There's an ongoing debate (stretched out over the decades) in the UK over if you add milk or tea to the cup first (naturally some styles of tea call for brewing within the mug, making the point moot), with arguments ranging from how it affects the resulting drink, to the risk of shattering fine china.
    China is for lookin' at, not drinking out of. All my coffee cups are ceramic, plastic, or metal.

12. - Top - End - #42

So the same amount of blood, but it's all in the correct place?
    More or less yeah!

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

More or less yeah!
    That show that reviews numbers?

Show

14. - Top - End - #44

You've had some great lines over the years but i really want you to know just how much i appreciate the sheer brilliance of this one. Bravo!

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Anyway hey, my friend Fury got me a cool hoodie from a queer arcade bar near where they live.
    Very cool. I didn't know queer arcades existed. I thought arcades in general were kinda disappearing.

Thanks friend and no thank you but thanks for the offer.

So anyway I wrote Chapter 10 in my Dungeons & Dragons: The Dragoon Family story. Someone on another forum read my D&D: The Dragoon Family story and they love it.
    Nice. Always good to have readers.

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    I see you like to live dangerously!
    It's mostly that I'm ignorant about UK stuff. There's England, Scotland, two Irelands, and... an Isle of Man?

So anyway. The doorman give me a $30 Starbucks gift card for yesterday for my belated birthday present.
    Oh, nice. I got a Starbucks gift card recently, too. But I never go to Starbucks, so I've spent none of it so far. Glad they don't expire.

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    New rule suggestion: next thread is number 251. All in favor say aye theayeshaveitmotioncarries [gavel bang]
    I'm into it.

Listen, buddy, you're mostly water too if we're getting pedantic, but you don't see me going on and on about it.

Sincerely,
    Definitely Not An Earth Elemental
    Keith Baker has mentioned that elementals see everything around them as their constituent elements. Humanoids are mostly globs of water.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post

Nice. Always good to have readers.

Oh, nice. I got a Starbucks gift card recently, too. But I never go to Starbucks, so I've spent none of it so far. Glad they don't expire.
    Yes. I rarely have readers who read my story.

Oh ok. So what is your plan if you're not using the card?

Anyway, I created another Monster Rancher 2 Monsters as Pokemon today.

Here's the following purebreds moñsters Pokemon so far:

Pixie
    Dragon
    Centaur
    Beaclon
    Henger

17. - Top - End - #47

That show that reviews numbers?
    No idea what that is! I mean that my blood is, mostly, where it is supposed to be instead of where it is not supposed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post
    Very cool. I didn't know queer arcades existed. I thought arcades in general were kinda disappearing.
    Well, it is a arcade bar, so it's not JUST an arcade. It's also a bar, which is probably part of what helps it live.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ettin in the Playground

No idea what that is!
    I could be wrong, but I believe that was a facetious statement about a fictitious gameshow entitled "More or Less" that involves the aforementioned activity.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

No idea what that is! I mean that my blood is, mostly, where it is supposed to be instead of where it is not supposed to be.
    More or Less is a shockingly good BBC Radio 4 show that fact checks statistics.

Well, it is a arcade bar, so it's not JUST an arcade. It's also a bar, which is probably part of what helps it live.
    So it has people playing games AND getting gazeboed? And possibly shagging in the toilets, but that's really more of a club thing.

Show

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground

I remember that happening to a guy named Eric. There was an arrow sticking out of it!
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2024-05-09 at 03:52 AM.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

So it has people playing games AND getting gazeboed? And possibly shagging in the toilets, but that's really more of a club thing.
    This isn't the 70s, nobody should be shagging their toilet anymore.

Spoiler
    Show

Ugh, the germs!

22. - Top - End - #52

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post

Spoiler
    Show

Ugh, the germs!
    If that's wrong I don't want to be right.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

I remember that happening to a guy named Eric. There was an arrow sticking out of it!
    That's a bit less 'drun,k' and a bit more 'if you're within the bounds of Chester and meet a Welshman after dark it is legal to shoot him with a crossbow'.

That law has caused a lot of quarrels.
    Last edited by Anonymouswizard; 2024-05-09 at 06:33 AM.

24. - Top - End - #54

More or Less is a shockingly good BBC Radio 4 show that fact checks statistics.

Neat!

...gazeboed? And definitely not, by my understanding it's actually like... a well run place, not a dive bar. There's no canoodling in the can, that's gross and queer people is no longer such a hyper taboo thing taht that's necessary. Like it's openly queer you can just talk to people and go home like a normal person.

Spoiler
    Show

Ugh, the germs!
    That gives me shivers why the **** was the 70s like this??

That's a bit less 'drun,k' and a bit more 'if you're within the bounds of Chester and meet a Welshman after dark it is legal to shoot him with a crossbow'.

That law has caused a lot of quarrels.
    ... what the **** are you two talking about?

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ettin in the Playground

No, no, it wasn't Eric who had an arrow sticking out of him. He got gazeboed because he caused the arrow-sticking, and thus woke it up.
    Who said anything about drunk?
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

26. - Top - End - #56

Pft. The walls aren't even carpeted!

27. - Top - End - #57

Do you not know the legend of the Dread Gazebo?

TL/DR: An old-school D&D group are playing, DM describes a gazebo on the hill, and one guy doesn't know what it is and thinks it's a monster and a sustained misunderstanding results in the GM just deciding "okay, you know what, the gazebo gets up and kills you."

Admittedly, I'm not sure what it has to do with liquor or arcade games.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2024-05-09 at 08:44 AM.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Bugbear in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Do you not know the legend of the Dread Gazebo?

TL/DR: An old-school D&D group are playing, DM describes a gazebo on the hill, and one guy doesn't know what it is and thinks it's a monster and a sustained misunderstanding results in the GM just deciding "okay, you know what, the gazebo gets up and kills you."

Admittedly, I'm not sure what it has to do with liquor or arcade games.
    I guess it was the use of "getting gazeboed" as a euphemism for alcoholic intoxication. But I didn't get that the post about Eric was a reference to that incident, since (1) I have enough experience with real-life gazebos that the Dread Gazebo doesn't come quickly to mind, and (2) "Eric" first brings to mind the old Monty Python bit about the fish licence. (For the pet fish Eric.)

29. - Top - End - #59
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Ugh, the germs!
    At some point that's going to be nothing but mold and poop germs.

It might be already.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

...gazeboed?
    I'm referencing a Michael McIntyre sketch where he insists that any word means drunk if you're posh enough. That was his example.

[/QUOTE]And definitely not, by my understanding it's actually like... a well run place, not a dive bar. There's no canoodling in the can, that's gross and queer people is no longer such a hyper taboo thing taht that's necessary. Like it's openly queer you can just talk to people and go home like a normal person.[/QUOTE]

The cis-hets do it more! Apparently generally it happens when you're utterly submerged, meet a cute person, and discover you both live with your parents.

According to folklore there are still technically a bunch of laws where in [English city] if you meet a Welshman during [period of time] it is legal to shoot him with a crossbow.

Show