New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Looking for any class/prestige class/feats that specializes in cooking

Looking for any class/prestige class/feats that specializes in cooking.
    Is that even a thing?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Looking for any class/prestige class/feats that specializes in cooking

Complete Arcane 138 describes how potions could just as easily be baked goods instead of liquids. A good starting point might thus be classes that are concerned with potions, like Master Alchemist and Alchemist Savant.
    Creator of the LA-assignment thread.

Join the new Junkyard Wars round and build with Cloaked Dancer and a companion creature!

Interested in judging a build competition on the 3.5 forums but not sure where to begin? Check out the judging handbook!

Extended signature!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Looking for any class/prestige class/feats that specializes in cooking

This is a little bit of a stretch, but there was a prestige class in The Complete Gnome (Mongoose Publishing - so not core or WoTC) called the Arcane Brewer that would fit this theme. Maybe you could convince your DM to adapt it?

Brief description of the Arcane Brewer
    Spoiler
    Show
    Here are the prerequisites:
    Race: Gnome
    Skills: Alchemy 8 ranks, Profession (Brewer or Cook) 5 ranks
    Spellcasting: Able to cast 0-level spells

The 5-level class grants some of the following features:
    Lvl 1: Invigorating Concoction - grants the brewer the power to craft drinks that heal nonlethal damage or even heal hit points like a potion.
    Lvl 2: Soulful Chicken Soup - craft meals that heal ability damage while companions rest.
    Lvl 3: That's the Spirit! - craft a drink that boosts one mental ability at the cost of another, and can give the drinker a terrible hangover.
    Lvl 4: Party Favour - can imbue the Emotion spell into a banquet.
    Lvl 5: Miraculous Stew - can craft a stew that can replicate the effects of Heal, Break Enchantment, an Commune but costs 1,000 gp per serving.

That's about the only thing that I can think of that I remember reading about in any books. You could always really theme your character around cooking - using a frying pan (mace) as a weapon, having your character experiment cooking with monster parts, using prestidigitation to make all of your character's cooking taste phenomenal, etc.

Good luck - sounds fun!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

I swear I could remember a joke class from some Dragon Mag article, but for the life of me I just can't recall which one...

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AnonJr View Post
    I swear I could remember a joke class from some Dragon Mag article, but for the life of me I just can't recall which one...
    Do you mean the Adamantine Chef PrC?

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Something's Cooking introduced a Calzone Golem, made by a Wizard 9 and an Expert 5. You just need to make a DC 15 Profession (Cook) check to make the body, then cast several spells at a caster level 9th+, doesn't even require any item creation feats!

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ShurikVch View Post
    Do you mean the Adamantine Chef PrC?
    That seems about right.