New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Tarot (2024)

1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Tarot (2024)

Hey everyone. Today I went to see the movie Tarot on my birthday and I'm going to give you an honest movie review about it.

Spoiler: My Thoughts On Tarot (2024)
    Show
    This movie is about 6 college friends who have their reading by an ancient cursed tarot deck. What I like about the reading is that one of the college friends (female) who reads the cards intuitively with the cards means. The artwork was very original and creepy. This movie was very focused on the Major Arcana cards. What I didn't like about the movie it has so many jumpscares and only has one Minor Arcana card. It was based on the book called Horoscopes and I feel like whoever created this movie Tarot did some research on the tarot cards but at the same time, they should also focus on the Minor Arcana cards a bit more. It was a decent tarot horror movie. So I say take your chances and judge it for yourself. This is my movie review on Tarot. 😐
    It's time to get my Magikarp on!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Tarot (2024)

Watched it myself. Was okay, I guess. Very typical horror movie. Mostly well executed, but leans real hard on some traditional horror tropes. If you've watched pretty much any horror movies, nothing in here will surprise you even slightly.

There are, however, many jump scares.

5/10, would suggest you watch if bored and for some reason Fall Guy isn't doing it for you.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Re: Tarot (2024)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyndmyr View Post
    Watched it myself. Was okay, I guess. Very typical horror movie. Mostly well executed, but leans real hard on some traditional horror tropes. If you've watched pretty much any horror movies, nothing in here will surprise you even slightly.

There are, however, many jump scares.

5/10, would suggest you watch if bored and for some reason Fall Guy isn't doing it for you.
    Yes. I agree. Also, I happen to be a tarot reader myself and I do write fictional tarot stories as a hobby So yeah it was a decent movie.
    It's time to get my Magikarp on!