New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default IC: A Brand New World

Hello, giants in the playground,

I've had this idea for a while, and my real-life group is not interested :( Also, we haven't played for almost a year now, and I think our face-to-face rpg times are over, conquered by adult life. As a result, I'm looking for new avenues to satisfy my rpg desires.

So, this is a post-apocalyptic world where mortals hid in caves and sealed-off fortresses. The catastrophic times seem to be over, and people are starting to poke their heads out of their holes (yeah, not that new so far). Your PCs are part of a community that hid in the caves of a rather deep and wide canyon. What they find is a desert where it is hard to travel, and there is dangerous stuff out there: weird phenomena and deadly, unknown creatures.

Soon after the game starts, your intrepid group of PCs will find a ship in the sand, and it turns out it can float a feet above the terrain, so they can use it to travel and explore, and have a chance to not die in the process.

At first the vessel is usable only to explore the bottom of the canyon, a limited area, but sooner or later they are going to make some extraordinary discoveries about the ship that will broaden their horizon.

I'd prefer a rule set without classes (SWADE or WR&M), but I can do D&D 5e if necessary.

If you're interested, please also indicate how much you like those systems, and if any of them is a no-thanks for you.

• SWADE = Savage Worlds ADventure Edition
    • WR&M = Warrior, Rogue & Mage, you can download it for free from the creator's site
    Last edited by crimson_witch; 2024-05-04 at 04:16 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Default Re: IC: A Brand New World

Interesting idea, I like that thematic

I'm not familiar with those systems however, 5e works for me but I may just as well learn a new system

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

I'm familiar with SWADE, it is a generic rebuild from the classic Deadlands system. I'd be willing to do either.
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    Survived Total War: Mandate of Heaven as The Witch-Doctors
    Thrived in Empire! 7 as the Sakura-Jin

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

• SWADE = Savage Worlds ADventure Edition
    • WR&M = Warrior, Rogue & Mage, you can download it for free from the creator's site
    Last edited by crimson_witch; 2024-05-04 at 03:34 PM.