New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Default Need a GM for a DnD 4e and/or PF2e Campaign. Plenty of players interested!

Hey there, just making a simple post for this. Not sure if anyone else wants it, but consider this an interest check or call to arms I guess. But, I'd like to see if I can stir up some attention for a potential DnD 4e or PF2e game so I can playtest some of the homebrew options in my signature.

Campaign specifics would 100% be up to the GM, and ideally I'd like to see some of the playtest ideas in my signature getting used, so a GM and fellow players that are interested in testing them out would be awesome.

If anyone is interested at all, I'd love to hear from other Playground roamers. Maybe an ambitious GM or two will see this as an opportunity to put homebrew to the test. Who knows?
    Edit: Adding a list of the people who have shown interest in each system so that a potential GM can see the interest when reading. It seems like we have enough interested players for a campaign for either system or both.
    DnD 4e Player List: 7

PF2e Player List: 6
    Last edited by Nuptup; 2024-05-06 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Updated Roster
    You can find all of my homebrew here: Nuptup's Extended Signature

2. - Top - End - #2
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Looking for a GM for a DnD 4e or PF2e campaign.

Returning to the playground and I'd like to voice my interest as well. Haven't played in a 4E game for a while and I've not played any PF2E yet, but I've been meaning to cut my teeth on it, so I'd be down for either system.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

I would very much Intrasted in a pf2e, didn't even get to play it much but it looks hella intrasting.

D&D 4e is something I never play but am willing to try, but I'm worried how the system filled with reactions will do in pbp

4. - Top - End - #4
    Colossus in the Playground

I'd be down for 4E. Been getting back into it for a bit.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

A PF2E game would be fun. We don't get enough of those here.
    "Don't think of it as dying," said Death,
    "Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush."

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

Always looking for a pf2e game to try more things.
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

So far we've got 4 people interested in a 4e game, and 5 people interested in a pf2e game. So, if we could just find a GM for either system (or both) we have enough people to be able to start a game of either one or both. *Crosses Fingers*

8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground

I would be interested in either.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Nuptup View Post
    So far we've got 4 people interested in a 4e game, and 5 people interested in a pf2e game. So, if we could just find a GM for either system (or both) we have enough people to be able to start a game of either one or both. *Crosses Fingers*
    Make that 5 for 4e. I haven’t played it for too long.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Looks like 6 and 6 then including onlie.

Just need a DM or two and we could get one of each going.

I guess since this all started with me wanting playtests for my homebrew, does anyone that's interested in playing also want to test one of the homebrews in my signature below?

11. - Top - End - #11

I guess since this all started with me wanting playtests for my homebrew, does anyone that's interested in playing also want to test one of the homebrews in my signature below?
    I definitely would love to take that Vampire Theme for a test run in a 4E game.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Depending on the party comp, I'd want to try out my Runeguard or the Arcane Archer. The Arcane Archer works well with a group that is somewhat melee stacked, making it easy for your party to force the enemy into provoking your mark. However, for a more traditional party composition, I'd likely play the Runeguard as the party defender.

In a pf2e game, I've got an idea to play a Skald Barbarian with the Battle Dancer instinct for a true raging performer idea. Barring that idea, I'd likely go with a Shadow Assassin Unseelie Agent build. Or just something with the great weapon dedication. Maybe Fighter or Ranger.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Barbarian in the Playground

d20 Re: Need a GM for a DnD 4e and/or PF2e Campaign. Plenty of players interested!

One more for 4E. ;___; I like the Essentials books! I also found Arcane Power at a convention my coworker ran, last year.
    "I don't want problems solved for me. I want the fishing rod, not the fish." -Yanni

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Default Re: Need a GM for a DnD 4e and/or PF2e Campaign. Plenty of players interested!

Quote Originally Posted by SCARY WIZARD View Post
    One more for 4E. ;___; I like the Essentials books! I also found Arcane Power at a convention my coworker ran, last year.
    If you're interested in running a homebrew version of an essentials option, you might like my striker conversion of the Bladesinger. It's down in my signature. Turns Bladesinger into a melee striker. You might like it.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Need a GM for a DnD 4e and/or PF2e Campaign. Plenty of players interested!

Okay I am going to take a big leap here and maybe do something I fear I might regret much later. I might be willing to run a 4e game. BUT there are a few complications......

1. I am a really inexperienced DM. And personally I would rather play than be a DM. But you know it never hurts to try something different. So I am willing to give it a shot. But expect to pull your hair out half of the time, be very patient and even tempered if you want this to be a fun game, and expect me to make a billion mistakes. I will be open to criticism as long as it is polite but you really have to be patient with me.

2. On that note I will be using Keep on the Shadowfell, in the Forgotten Realms setting. It will not be homebrew. As an inexperienced DM I will be going basic. I will accept Essentials, character themes and backgrounds though. But not much beyond that. No exotic characters beyond the basic races and character classes. I need to keep things a little more simple and less complicated. No psionics. And for the moment I will not go beyond the first module. It depends on how I do and how the players feel.

3. I am terrible at maps and if anybody is willing am willing to accept help and advice on this matter.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Quote Originally Posted by onlie2005 View Post
    2. It will not be homebrew. As an inexperienced DM I will be going basic. I will accept Essentials, character themes and backgrounds though. But not much beyond that.
    Does this mean you will only accept characters that are essentials, not base game classes like the regular fighter, cleric, wizard, rogue, etc? Just wanting to clarify that since there's at least two of us who wanted to test the homebrew stuff (which wouldn't affect you and would mostly just be me taking notes on balance) and I'm not sure what any of the others wanted to play, but I would assume not everyone would want to be an essentials class. I might be wrong, but it'd be a first for me anyway. I will still likely play even if we can't playtest the homebrew stuff, but I'd very much prefer to playtest it if possible.

For maps, I have a full collection of all the maps and a complete pdf write-up of all the stuff to convert KotSF to forgotten realms all wrapped up in a single document so you don't have to hunt around for it all. For maps I would suggest making your own private campaign on foundry or roll20 and using that for your map and grid and tokens, and then just uploading screenshots of relevant stuff between turns. Alternatively, if you have a foundry server hosted on like, Moltenhosting for example, you could literally just provide everyone with a link to it and they could quickly sign in, move their character, target enemies, and make any needed rolls, then report what happened to the forum.

17. - Top - End - #17

Does this mean you will only accept characters that are essentials, not base game classes like the regular fighter, cleric, wizard, rogue, etc? Just wanting to clarify that since there's at least two of us who wanted to test the homebrew stuff (which wouldn't affect you and would mostly just be me taking notes on balance) and I'm not sure what any of the others wanted to play, but I would assume not everyone would want to be an essentials class. I might be wrong, but it'd be a first for me anyway. I will still likely play even if we can't playtest the homebrew stuff, but I'd very much prefer to playtest it if possible.
    Yeah, I'm curious too. I don't mind so much if I can't try the homebrew content, but I'd rather not be stuck having to play as an Essentials class.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Quote Originally Posted by InAction View Post
    Yeah, I'm curious too. I don't mind so much if I can't try the homebrew content, but I'd rather not be stuck having to play as an Essentials class.
    Like, I have a character that is technically strictly essentials that I would be willing to play, but I would definitely much rather playtest one of my homebrews. However, regardless of what the decision is for homebrew, essentials only, core only, etc, mark me down as a defender for the 4e group. I'll make something that works. Also, while I personally wouldn't want essentials only, I want to play advocate to it and say that it would likely make PbP more smooth since it's intended to be simplified. But, I digress.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

I would take...

...I will accept Essentials, character themes and backgrounds though. But not much beyond that. No exotic characters beyond the basic races and character classes...

...this to mean that any Player Handbook 1 classes or races are allowed, or their Essentials versions if you'd prefer to use those instead.

If I'm right I'm up for playing a Tiefling Warlord. Could be pretty fun, that.
    "Don't think of it as dying," said Death,
    "Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush."

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

I guess that's one way to interpret it. I hadn't thought that way, but we'll have to wait and see. But, I guess since roles are getting claimed, here's what I'd run based on what the GM would allow.

Homebrew allowed: Runeguard Frontline Defender (or Arcane Archer "backline" defender if the rest of the party is melee heavy).
    No Homebrew: Either a Hexblade that leans heavily towards Defender/Controller, or some standard Defender based on party needs.
    Essentials ONLY: Hybrid Cavalier|Vampire Defender, Theme TBD, Race probably Human or Revenant.
    Last edited by Nuptup; 2024-05-04 at 05:32 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Colossus in the Playground

I might wanna be a Controller. We should make sure we get all the roles covered!
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Well, if you're considering playing a Controller, and we have me on a Defender and we have a warlord as well, all we really need is a Striker for a full party.

23. - Top - End - #23

I don't mind taking the Striker role. My plan, provided using Homebrew is allowed, was to make a Vampire Avenger; a Paladin in their former life before being turned and has fallen, only finding solace in their undead life by rededicating themselves to a new deity and in doing so swearing an oath of vengeance against the vampire lord that took their life.

And just 'cause I kind of like that concept still, if we must do without Homebrew I'll go for (DM permitting) a Hybrid of the Vampire class? Paladin|Vampire? Swordmage|Vampire? Blackguard|Vampire?

If not, I can fall back on something else. Probably Barbarian. I've wanted to try going Thunderborn recently. Ooh, or dust off an old idea I had for a Vestige Pact Warlock.
    Last edited by InAction; 2024-05-05 at 12:29 AM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I think I'd better bow out of this game. No offense to anyone, I just have a pretty good idea of how KotS goes, and I prefer to go into a storyline without knowing anything beforehand.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Quote Originally Posted by InAction View Post
    I don't mind taking the Striker role. My plan, provided using Homebrew is allowed, was to make a Vampire Avenger; a Paladin in their former life before being turned and has fallen, only finding solace in their undead life by rededicating themselves to a new deity and in doing so swearing an oath of vengeance against the vampire lord that took their life.

And just 'cause I kind of like that concept still, if we must do without Homebrew I'll go for (DM permitting) a Hybrid of the Vampire class? Paladin|Vampire? Swordmage|Vampire? Blackguard|Vampire?

If not, I can fall back on something else. Probably Barbarian. I've wanted to try going Thunderborn recently. Ooh, or dust off an old idea I had for a Vestige Pact Warlock.
    Well, depending on what is or isn't allowed, I might end up being a vampire anyway lol. But, I'm hoping, if anything, they'd at least allow the theme since it's much less impactful than a class overhaul. So, I think the vampire avenger would be pretty dope.

Quote Originally Posted by RdMarquis View Post
    I think I'd better bow out of this game. No offense to anyone, I just have a pretty good idea of how KotS goes, and I prefer to go into a storyline without knowing anything beforehand.
    If you think so, that's fine. But, they did mention doing the forgotten realms version, which is a pretty neat change to the game. But, I understand either way. Currently we have a full set of 4 at least ATM.

We just need to hear from onlie to see what they'll allow.

26. - Top - End - #26

If you think so, that's fine. But, they did mention doing the forgotten realms version, which is a pretty neat change to the game. But, I understand either way. Currently we have a full set of 4 at least ATM.
    Oh yeah, I forgot they did mods for different campaign settings. Guess I ought to bone up on my Forgotten Realms lore and tailor my build concepts accordingly.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

Things I'd make for a 4e game would be a Revenent Warlock, or changeling assassin, but alas there isn't a good repository on stuff and assassin gets weird since there is two assassin classes.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Triskavanski View Post
    Things I'd make for a 4e game would be a Revenent Warlock, or changeling assassin, but alas there isn't a good repository on stuff and assassin gets weird since there is two assassin classes.
    Have you not seen the resources on the 4e discord?

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

I've never seen a 4e discord.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Triskavanski View Post
    I've never seen a 4e discord.
    Well that is easily amended. Check the resource tab for character builders, source references, srd, all the kind of stuff you would probably want compiled into a single location.

https://discord.com/invite/hQvwDDqn