New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Looking for 5e PbP Game

Hi all! Searching for a DM that's been thinking of possibly running a 5E PbP game here on the playground. My games, both IRL and PBP, seem to be winding down or slowing down, so I'm not really getting my fix .

About me: I generally like playing a heroic game, where we're fighting evil, saving people, etc. Less interested in gray morality type stuff. I strongly prefer maps for combat, though simple maps will do the trick (doesn't have to be elaborate or an actual painted map, just need something to orient myself visually). I have access to most 5e stuff, and like to use it to build characters that interest me, but I'd prefer we don't allow overpowered/homebrew stuff. I post regularly and shoot for posting every day, though that's not always possible over the weekend. That said, once I'm in a game I'm in for the long haul. All of the PBP games I'm in currently use Discord for OOC and, for the most part, it helps to keep the games running smoothly.

Anyone out there that's been on the fence about running a game?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Looking for 5e PbP Game

I've been very slowly working on an Eberron module for 11th level adventurers and plan to run it as a PBP game here. You're very welcome to join if or when it comes out. No promises as to timing, though. I also plan to run theatre of the mind. So no maps.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post
    I've been very slowly working on an Eberron module for 11th level adventurers and plan to run it as a PBP game here. You're very welcome to join if or when it comes out. No promises as to timing, though. I also plan to run theatre of the mind. So no maps.
    I will be dreaming up 11th level Eberron characters until I see your recruitment thread . I can deal with theater of the mind as I really enjoy Eberron, but I may stumble a bit during combat as I have some trouble visualizing things.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Samurai View Post
    I will be dreaming up 11th level Eberron characters until I see your recruitment thread . I can deal with theater of the mind as I really enjoy Eberron, but I may stumble a bit during combat as I have some trouble visualizing things.
    I'm worried your mind will be full of Eberron characters by the time I start running the campaign.

If it helps, you'd be welcome to make your own maps. I just don't wanna deal with drawing maps and worrying about exact positions as a DM.