New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Outlaws of the Sea (Exalted 3e)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    I mean the problem with most of them is that they require a weapon to be socketed into. which is basically useless to my build, and the nightmare is mostly so I don't give the rest of the group nightmares. I guess I could go for the corpse-raising one in core.
    Seems to be a common problem with many hearthstones.

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Work underways on Jhalia Guren, Twice Blessed Flower of Evening

Have the crunchy bits most worked out and now need to fill in the details I've got in my head.
    Alright looking like a good start.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Ancient Ebon's sheet can be found here

Sorcery prerequisites included and are identical to Lunars

Anima effect has been changed and is now:

Spoiler: Anima
    Show

For 5 motes and a willpower point the Reveler may temporarily shift the air around them into a sweet alcoholic scent, mildly inhiberating everyone around her, including herself. This effect reduces the defense and resolve of all characters within short range of her by 1. This effect is free at Bonfire/Iconic.

Once per day, for ten motes and a willpower a Reveler may incite the minds of those around her, selecting ‘Hedonism’ or ‘Violence’. They may roll (Charisma + Essence) against the resolve of all targets present, adding any penalties they suffer as successes against a target suffering penalties. Defeating them temporarily instills an intimacy towards either ‘Hedonism’ or ‘Violence’ at major intensity and compels the sufferers to act on this impulse during their next action. This may be resisted by spending a single willpower point, but the catharsis of giving in awards one willpower point to any who successfully act on their desires.
    Furthermore at Iconic level a Reveler’s penalty level for the purpose of their dice limits is considered one point higher.

Unheard Drumbeats Sound as Swords and Unsated Blood Excitement altered

Spoiler: Swords and Unsated Blood Excitement
    Show
    Unsated Blood Excitement
    Cost: 3m (+2m +1wp); Mins: Essence 1 Strength 2 Type: Supplemental
    Keywords: Withering-Only
    Duration: Instant
    Prerequisite Charms: None
    Scenting blood, a Reveler is driven into a near frenzy to partake in the joyous combat, their boiling blood joining in the dance until they explode into a rush of violence. Apply double nines to a withering damage roll. If this charm is used three turns in a row the Reveler may pay an additional 2 motes and 1 wp. If so, they gain double 8’s instead

Spoiler: Unheard Drum-beats Sound as Swords
    Show
    SUnheard Drum-beats Sound as Swords
    Cost: 4m; Mins: Essence 1 Strength 2 Type: Supplemental
    Keywords: Dual
    Shifting back and forth, the Reveler’s drunken stance makes it impossible to tell where her heavy blows will land next. After all, if the Reveler doesn’t know when and where they’ll swing, how can an opponent. The Reveler makes an instinctive, almost impulsive crushing blow at her opponent, coming from seemingly nowhere. Apply onslaught to an opponent’s defense equal to the (Revelers Current Penalties)/2. If the Reveler had a higher join battle roll than her opponent, apply (Revelers Current Penalties) instead.
    Thought of the Week: "Bright is the nova confined in the dark."
    =I= ONLY A FOOL CLAIMS TO KNOW EVERYTHING BUT FEAR NOTHING =I=

3. - Top - End - #63
    Barbarian in the Playground

Planetar

Heiron Dandori, Zenith Caste Sensei and Martial Artist, using the changes to the custom Artifact you suggested. (As it is a 4 dot Artifact, if chosen we will need to work together to design a few more Evocations eventually)

So I was fleshing out my Sensei's background a little bit and want his Ally to be his little brother and most dedicated student, and also a Dragonblood Martial Artist. Should I build him as a full character?

4. - Top - End - #64
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeRaids View Post
    Ancient Ebon's sheet can be found here

Sorcery prerequisites included and are identical to Lunars

Anima effect has been changed and is now:

Spoiler: Anima
    Show

For 5 motes and a willpower point the Reveler may temporarily shift the air around them into a sweet alcoholic scent, mildly inhiberating everyone around her, including herself. This effect reduces the defense and resolve of all characters within short range of her by 1. This effect is free at Bonfire/Iconic.

Once per day, for ten motes and a willpower a Reveler may incite the minds of those around her, selecting ‘Hedonism’ or ‘Violence’. They may roll (Charisma + Essence) against the resolve of all targets present, adding any penalties they suffer as successes against a target suffering penalties. Defeating them temporarily instills an intimacy towards either ‘Hedonism’ or ‘Violence’ at major intensity and compels the sufferers to act on this impulse during their next action. This may be resisted by spending a single willpower point, but the catharsis of giving in awards one willpower point to any who successfully act on their desires.
    Furthermore at Iconic level a Reveler’s penalty level for the purpose of their dice limits is considered one point higher.

Unheard Drumbeats Sound as Swords and Unsated Blood Excitement altered

Spoiler: Swords and Unsated Blood Excitement
    Show
    Unsated Blood Excitement
    Cost: 3m (+2m +1wp); Mins: Essence 1 Strength 2 Type: Supplemental
    Keywords: Withering-Only
    Scenting blood, a Reveler is driven into a near frenzy to partake in the joyous combat, their boiling blood joining in the dance until they explode into a rush of violence. Apply double nines to a withering damage roll. If this charm is used three turns in a row the Reveler may pay an additional 2 motes and 1 wp. If so, they gain double 8’s instead

Spoiler: Unheard Drum-beats Sound as Swords
    Show
    SUnheard Drum-beats Sound as Swords
    Cost: 4m; Mins: Essence 1 Strength 2 Type: Supplemental
    Keywords: Dual
    Shifting back and forth, the Reveler’s drunken stance makes it impossible to tell where her heavy blows will land next. After all, if the Reveler doesn’t know when and where they’ll swing, how can an opponent. The Reveler makes an instinctive, almost impulsive crushing blow at her opponent, coming from seemingly nowhere. Apply onslaught to an opponent’s defense equal to the (Revelers Current Penalties)/2. If the Reveler had a higher join battle roll than her opponent, apply (Revelers Current Penalties) instead.
    It's fine for now and if we need to tweak things, will do that in game later.

Quote Originally Posted by Benoojian View Post
    Heiron Dandori, Zenith Caste Sensei and Martial Artist, using the changes to the custom Artifact you suggested. (As it is a 4 dot Artifact, if chosen we will need to work together to design a few more Evocations eventually)

So I was fleshing out my Sensei's background a little bit and want his Ally to be his little brother and most dedicated student, and also a Dragonblood Martial Artist. Should I build him as a full character?
    Yeah we can work on more evocations later.

For the QCs in general, I make them but note that an ally is not a sidekick, nor they would follow you around all the time. An ally unlike a retainer is a peer and mean they have their own life and things going on. Yes they are willing to come and help from time to time but usually involve exchanging favors and the likes (they help you, you help them kind of deal). If you want him to be more like your student and hang out around all the time, it's the retainer merit (and 4 dots for a young terrestrial). Retainers = sidekicks and loyal pretty much which fits the student aspect too and follow everything you say.

5. - Top - End - #65

BardGuy

I may be mistaken but so far no one has generated a ship and a crew or?

I would offer to take inspiration from my source and command an undead crew created by obsidian leopard. I think rather fitting since Lunars in this region probably have to regularly deal with Wyld creatures. And my inspiration is not that great a warrior himself.
    The question is would the gm and others find a ship crewed by undead acceptable?

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

She doesn't have a ship or crew but Jhalia can summon helicopters and submarines for transporting us around.

And she has a "well they call me anathema too can I really judge?" attitude toward all the spooky stuff and I have no particular objections per se... but rolling up in the cursed Black Pearl could limit port choices or otherwise not be super low profile

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

I imagine Ebon prefers living crew, but mostly because she finds living people more interesting than dead ones. She doesn't have any particular undead vendetta.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

She doesn't have a ship or crew but Jhalia can summon helicopters and submarines for transporting us around.

And she has a "well they call me anathema too can I really judge?" attitude toward all the spooky stuff and I have no particular objections per se... but rolling up in the cursed Black Pearl could limit port choices or otherwise not be super low profile
    I can always turn into a sperm whale, of course I'll run out of motes in a few hours.

9. - Top - End - #69

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by watermargin View Post
    For the QCs in general, I make them but note that an ally is not a sidekick, nor they would follow you around all the time. An ally unlike a retainer is a peer and mean they have their own life and things going on. Yes they are willing to come and help from time to time but usually involve exchanging favors and the likes (they help you, you help them kind of deal). If you want him to be more like your student and hang out around all the time, it's the retainer merit (and 4 dots for a young terrestrial). Retainers = sidekicks and loyal pretty much which fits the student aspect too and follow everything you say.
    Changed to retainer 4, just need specialties and to flesh out some more intimacies

One of my least favorite changes to 3E is the complete emasculation of Mortal Martial Artists and Enlightened Mortals in general. Would you be open to a Lore Charm that allows Mortal access to Essence 1 Martial Arts Charms in some way, Either a limited mote pool or a houserule similar to this one based on Shape Sorcery (I've already picked my starting charms so it wouldn't be until a bit into the game)
    Last edited by Benoojian; 2024-05-05 at 03:38 PM.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Justanotherhero View Post

I would offer to take inspiration from my source and command an undead crew created by obsidian leopard. I think rather fitting since Lunars in this region probably have to regularly deal with Wyld creatures. And my inspiration is not that great a warrior himself.
    The question is would the gm and others find a ship crewed by undead acceptable?
    I'm also happy to take some abyssal sail charms too if other's would like, either to split some charm burden or just take it up myself. Also, I suppose it goes without saying, but no issues with undead crew here.

Sheet update: all I've got left to do is the Iconic Anima and Limit Break. I also realised that I had misunderstood how the xp cost for buying abilities worked, so I've juggled around some charms and xp spend.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rokku View Post
    I can always turn into a sperm whale, of course I'll run out of motes in a few hours.
    Towering Beast Upkeep -5m/hour
    Out of combat recovery +5/hour

Or am I missing something?

(Speaking of missing am I crazy or does the Lunar book not have their Essence 2+ mote pools in it?)

12. - Top - End - #72

Planetar

Towering Beast Upkeep -5m/hour
    Out of combat recovery +5/hour

Or am I missing something?

(Speaking of missing am I crazy or does the Lunar book not have their Essence 2+ mote pools in it?)
    15+Essence Personal, 34+(Essencex4) Peripheral, p. 113, but no it doesn't do the math for you

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Ya found it few minutes later but its still driving me nuts they don't have a proper Essence section.

14. - Top - End - #74

BlackDragon

Well the concept i finally settled on is a Solar trying to rescue his grandfather from the Orchid Court, with the grandpa being a sorceror prince of Ysyr, so i'm sure he can have a ship if we need one. He would likely not have much of a problem with undead since he's probably used to demons running around anyway.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Pixie in the Playground

This is pretty much up to you, there aren't many crews of the dead in the Dreaming Sea would be one of the challenges but that's it. I assume even if the group doesn't start with a ship, would be eventually able to acquire one.

Quote Originally Posted by Rokku View Post
    Seems everybody else already talked about it.

Changed to retainer 4, just need specialties and to flesh out some more intimacies

One of my least favorite changes to 3E is the complete emasculation of Mortal Martial Artists and Enlightened Mortals in general. Would you be open to a Lore Charm that allows Mortal access to Essence 1 Martial Arts Charms in some way, Either a limited mote pool or a houserule similar to this one based on Shape Sorcery (I've already picked my starting charms so it wouldn't be until a bit into the game)
    In general, I like the 3e take of the way they deal with mortal so in general, if a mortal has a mote pool it involves either something unique (like the character in AoTR beating their master in the dojo and unlocking martial arts charms, possessed by an entity), or them not being mortal anymore (Sidereal can for example transform mortal into god-blooded with a charm which gives them a mote pool) but it is a high essence charm and most god-blooded don't even mote pool or charms in the setting. Yes it does mean most martial artists in the setting don't have charms and it's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by JollyChris View Post
    Well the concept i finally settled on is a Solar trying to rescue his grandfather from the Orchid Court, with the grandpa being a sorceror prince of Ysyr, so i'm sure he can have a ship if we need one. He would likely not have much of a problem with undead since he's probably used to demons running around anyway.
    It's an option.

16. - Top - End - #76

BlackDragon

Yeah i really hate that mortal sorcerers are still around and can use spells but mortal martial artists gain nothing over using any other weapon and there is no difference between styles for mortals either. Even though numerically martial artists should be way more common.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Well mortal MA users still in fact exist.

Ashana Ikatu in Adversaries of the Righteous provides a model. She has Personal Motes: 10 and every Snake Charm, and the Martial Arts merit... but notably no special new merit that allows or gives her that Essence pool. This probably represents the same intent as the "Charms don't exist" mentality, the rules are there adjudicate things that happen in a fantasy reality, not be laws of physics that build it up like a computer sim.

18. - Top - End - #78

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Qazgir View Post
    I'm also happy to take some abyssal sail charms too if other's would like, either to split some charm burden or just take it up myself. Also, I suppose it goes without saying, but no issues with undead crew here.

Sheet update: all I've got left to do is the Iconic Anima and Limit Break. I also realised that I had misunderstood how the xp cost for buying abilities worked, so I've juggled around some charms and xp spend.
    From my side gladly. Lunars have charms that can be used for sail but we are no specialists.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

Alrighty, after much tinkering (Mostly trying to get the flavour just right) I present Swallowtail the Bard, Chosen of Serenity.

I've finished up a backstory, not sure I love it, but I channeled by inner Xianxia writer to come up with it, so it think it shouldn't be too bad. Still got to get down intimacies, and decide on a control spell, but other than that I think I'm about done with the building Onyx Rainfall Praetor. I remain happy to hear any feedback y'all are willing to take the time to give me.

Sheet
    Character seems pretty cool, one thing I will note is that the section of LCA sheet you've put your backstory in is usually used for a character description rather than the full backstory, with the Notes section in Bio/Misc being a good place for it. Mostly so it doesn't clutter the rules summary on the main page. Also it looks like you maybe have one too many Charms? You've bought Five Shadow Feint and Ivory Circle Necromancy with XP, not counting your spells for the Necromancy/Sorcery charms, or the free initial Evocation of your artifact, you seem to have 16 Charms/Spells/Evocations unless I'm missing something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Who
    Loving that fluff, loving it so much. If that fluff was a person I'd marry it.

20. - Top - End - #80

BardGuy

Following Lord Raziere's example, here is my WIP sheet: Onyx Rainfall Praetor. Unlike the other sheets shared so far, I don't have a backstory yet. I spent most of my free time at work today puzzling over charms, so hopefully tomorrow I can work on a backstory and some intimacies. Also, since this is functionally my first time making an exalted character, I'd love to get feedback about them, since this hopefully won't be the last time I make a 3e character.

From a pure optimization point of view:
    You have melee favored. That will most likely outshine first circle combat magic because well it is Solar Tier Melee. Although I do not have the Third Edition Abyssal Manuscript I may be wrong. I doubt it but I may be wrong.
    For fluff of course absolutely justifiable. Would you want to fake align ourselves with a Deathlord and that way gain entrance into the city as high and mighty representatives?
    I would be able to fake being a Abyssal.

My idea for the ship was to have Obsidian Leopard staff it for patrolling the Bordermarches of the Dreaming Sea against Wyld influence. Essentially, it would act as a test defense system against a Fae invasion.

I think this aligns well with your desire to avoid Walker in Darkness. The Fae do not favor the undead, but traditionally, normal undead have little influence over the Wyld. So sending minions to get you would be not that easy.
    In fact, if you're open to it, since you are exploring necromancy, I believe there could be real synergy here. The Wyld and Lunar Dominions are not exactly within the sphere of Deathlord influence, so local Lunars could potentially use necromancy to defeat the Wyld forces. With Obsidian Leopard, you would have a potential mentor in necromancy?

No doubt, Obsidian Leopard could learn just by observing you cast spells. Of course, the GM gets to decide if NPCs can participate in this plan?
    Last edited by Justanotherhero; 2024-05-06 at 04:01 AM.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bowerbird View Post
    Alrighty, after much tinkering (Mostly trying to get the flavour just right) I present Swallowtail the Bard, Chosen of Serenity.

Character seems pretty cool, one thing I will note is that the section of LCA sheet you've put your backstory in is usually used for a character description rather than the full backstory, with the Notes section in Bio/Misc being a good place for it. Mostly so it doesn't clutter the rules summary on the main page. Also it looks like you maybe have one too many Charms? You've bought Five Shadow Feint and Ivory Circle Necromancy with XP, not counting your spells for the Necromancy/Sorcery charms, or the free initial Evocation of your artifact, you seem to have 16 Charms/Spells/Evocations unless I'm missing something?
    Swallotail looks good.

You have melee favored. That will most likely outshine first circle combat magic because well it is Solar Tier Melee. Although I do not have the Third Edition Abyssal Manuscript I may be wrong. I doubt it but I may be wrong.
    For fluff of course absolutely justifiable. Would you want to fake align ourselves with a Deathlord and that way gain entrance into the city as high and mighty representatives?

My idea for the ship was to have Obsidian Leopard staff it for patrolling the Bordermarches of the Dreaming Sea against Wyld influence. Essentially, it would act as a test defense system against a Fae invasion.

I think this aligns well with your desire to avoid Walker in Darkness. The Fae do not favor the undead, but traditionally, normal undead have little influence over the Wyld. So sending minions to get you would be not that easy.
    In fact, if you're open to it, since you are exploring necromancy, I believe there could be real synergy here. The Wyld and Lunar Dominions are not exactly within the sphere of Deathlord influence, so local Lunars could potentially use necromancy to defeat the Wyld forces. With Obsidian Leopard, you would have a potential mentor in necromancy?

No doubt, Obsidian Leopard could learn just by observing you cast spells. Of course, the GM gets to decide if NPCs can participate in this plan?
    From my side gladly. Lunars have charms that can be used for sail but we are no specialists.
    Seven Obsidian Leopard has other priorities and rarely ever leave Mount Namas manse. His concern is mainly to deal with Prasad and other young empires in the region. He shares this duty with Tanisa Ring Eater, she is also a Shahan-Ya of Mount Namas. They both have different opinions on how to handle Prasad. Most likely angle to get more help from him is to help with his plans pretty much. There are different people and gods also on Mount Namas, but will leave that at your circle desire to explore and find more about the dynamics between the two Shahan-Ya and other lunars in the region.

From what I have seen so far, the circle doesn't have a lot of local influence in the Dreaming Sea by looking at the list of merits except Khion is in good standing with the silver pact. So look like your circle is building a lot of relationships/alliances from scratch in the direction. So you will get to decide if you want to align yourself with some of the local powers or do your own thing.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Dwarf in the Playground

By my count I've got 17 (16 charms, and 1 evocation), since all my spells are free (1 from Ivory circle, 1 from terrestrial circle, 1 from my second evocation), although I may be miscounting, I'll check again when I haven't just woken up.

Yea, seeing basically everyone else also grab magic, I doubt I'll be getting much more of it, but I think its cool to have, so I'm going to stick with it for, even if I do end up mostly doing melee things.

Thank you both for the feedback!

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

By my count I've got 17 (16 charms, and 1 evocation), since all my spells are free (1 from Ivory circle, 1 from terrestrial circle, 1 from my second evocation), although I may be miscounting, I'll check again when I haven't just woken up.!
    Ah, I must have missed the free spell from the evocation, don't mind me, carry on! Character looks good!
    Quote Originally Posted by Who
    Loving that fluff, loving it so much. If that fluff was a person I'd marry it.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ah, I must have missed the free spell from the evocation, don't mind me, carry on! Character looks good!
    Ah, all good then.

Sheetwise: I've figured out an iconic anima that I'm happy with, so all that remains is the elusive limit break.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Jhalia is just a few bells and whistles shy of complete

My Background is maybe a bit long for the space so I'll transcribe here:

Spoiler: Background
    Show
    A Prasadi born in Kamthahar, Jhalia comes from an elite jati of physicians and surgeons. Her ancestors marched south with the legions and there is both dragon and god blood in her veins though it has grown thin among the Guren in the past hundred years. Regardless as a member of the Sage caste Jhalia grew up knowing every luxury, in appropriate restraint, whilst receiving the highest in educations. She was expected to excel and in this she succeeded, emerging at the age of 15 as one of the finest young surgeons in Prasad. Compassionate to a fault Jhalia never wanted more in life then to treat the ill and the sick.

Wishing to gain more practical experience Jhalia turned down several prestigious offers to take a humbler but still well paying posting on the southern frontier. It was a dusty ramshackle Legion fort, but Jhalia came to love the comparative freedom it offered her to do as she would without a hundred eyes looking and judging or fifty mouths whispering what was 'expected' of her. It was not a safe posting however, with frequent raids resulting in many injuries. One night forces out of the Eye hit the fort hard, it held as it always did but there were many wounded, including several of the fort healers leaving Jhalia in charge of medical operations. That night she chose who lived and who died. When a distraught Burano officer entered with his wounded young son though Jhalia made a fateful decision. Taking one look at the poor child's wounds she saw there was little hope, the wound was poisoned and his organs were torn to shreds. She rebuffed the officer demand he make way for those that could still be saved, and the boy did not survive the night while Jhalia pulled ten others back from the brink of death. It would have been a heroic feat, except that those she'd saved had all been from lower castes and mid ranked jati while she had let a Dragon Caste scion die.

Not taking his son's death lying down the Burano had Jhalia before the fort commander calling it murder and how dare she place so little value on the lives of her better. Backing the officer was one of the other physicians, claiming the he of course would have saved the boy. Jhalia challenged that and demolished his medical arguments before the entire base staff, making clear just how little could be done. In the end even the Burano officer was forced to retract his claims but as he left he spoke the words that would doom Jhalia forever.

"I understand... but I still do not forgive"

Within a month Jhalia found herself dismissed from her post, as she was being 'rewarded' with a prestigious position back in Kamthahar. She saw the trap but had little recourse. Two days out from the fort someone put a bag over her head, chains on her wrists and hauled her off. Prasad does not practice chattel slavery, but not practicing not the same as stamping it out. Jhalia was kidnapped and sold, hauled north and west beyond the bounds of the empire and eventually found herself Chiaroscuro. Her skill as physician spared her the worst, but the cruel matron that won her bid never let her property forget who held the whip. Jhalia's spirit never broke under the humiliation though and eventually she was sold to a salt mine some years later. Here conditions were harsh, but Jhalia found ample demand for her skill down in the pits, but with meager supplies at best there were too many she failed to save and every death haunted her.

Finally Jhalia reached her breaking point. Slipping out one evening she climbed up a crane hanging over the central pit, stared up at heavens, and raged. Pouring out years of frustration and humiliation, years of loss, and demanding justice from all the gods and powers of the world. While she raged a small crowd gathered. The guards did not try to stop her, nor did they care if a slave took their own life for even talented ones were soon replaced. Seeing their laughter Jhalia took one final act of spite and stepped over the edge. She never hit the bottom for the world exploded in light around her and something lifted her up taking her high into the air. Before she knew it she was heading south and east, flying in the air towards home. When she came to her senses once more Jhalia found she had sprouted brilliantly colored wings from her back. A confusing point that, her education had not dwelled on Anathema but even she knew that Gold and Silver were supposed to have different traits. Yet still a blessing for without which hunters would surely close on her for Chiaroscuro was an Immaculate bastion and Anathema or not she knew not how to defend herself. Setting her direction south and east Jhalia headed for more familiar lands.

As she crossed the land Jhalia became aware of something directing her, an instinct or a gravity pulling her in one direction. And when she turned from that path for too long headwinds roared against her and her wings soon grew tired of carry on. So she followed the call, passing over Prasad and into the Dreaming Sea. Finally the wind's call brought her to a small island. A small village, a towering smoking mountain, and the dragon Orabis. He greeted her the Twice-Blessed Flower of Evening and welcomed her to Kuyulan Island. The dragon had not been behind the call he said but he had been awaiting the return of the Lawgivers for some time. From the dragon Jhalia would learn much about what she had become, and Orabis delighted in initiating her into Sorcery, the Old Tongue, and other arts. Of medicine Jhalia needed to instruction, but found her understanding expanding by leaps and bounds but also little called for among the fisher folk that worshipped Orabis on the island. Indeed the entire island seemed under a strong blessing, the warm sun cooled by a fresh breeze, the plants nourished by gentle rain, a tropical paradise nestled in middle of the Dreaming Sea.

As time passed Jhalia learned of the island's history. The Island of the Feathered Serpent long long ago before the First Age the Dragon Kings had been the first to come there and built a temple to the Sun. When the Lawgivers rose they claimed the temple as their patron's favored children and built it to a splendid manse, temple, and center of learning and healing. A beacon of civilization in a region that even at Creation's peak had been remote and wyld. Many hands and none held the island in turn until the Contagion after which lay abandoned for five centuries until Orabis had come and made it his home. This Jhalia learned from her mentor, but soon her own explorations turned up more. Orabis had never claimed the island's Manse and seemed to avoid it, leaving it open for Jhalia to explore. Eventually she came upon murals and records that drew her in much as she'd been drawn to the island.

In broken poetry and obscure verse they told the Romance of Priestess Rainbow Feathers and the Smoking Mirror Warrior. tThe former had been mighty in sorcery, kind of heart, and brought blessing after blessing to the lands, but for her weakness in battle was disdained by her protector. Long was their rivalry and the struggle of Priestess Rainbow Feathers, until the day word came Smoking Mirror Warrior was surrounded by many enemies and was fated to die. Yet this Priestess Rainbow Feathers would not allow and so she rewove destiny granting herself the mighty wings with which she plucked Smoking Mirror Warrior from the heart of his foes. So was the heart of Smoking Mirror Warrior softened and from then on the lovers were ever at another's side. That was the tale inscribed on the walls of the temple but it was only at the end when Jhalia discovered a much cruder hurried note hand carved into the stone. Carved in a hand she recognized at once, the hand of the one the murals remembered as Smoking Mirror Warrior:

"I'm sorry my love, I couldn't wait for you"

For of course Jhalia or rather her previous incarnation was the one the tale labeled Priestess Rainbow Feathers, lover of Smoking Mirror Warrior. When the end came for the Lawgivers he must have come back here to their center of power and held out for a time. More troubling though was realizing her mentor had must have kept this from her for some reason. Orabis had his own reasons surely and she knew enough of spirits to know their priorities and sensibilities were not those of mortal but it changed her perception of why he'd been so helpful and over the next few months she came to view the island as golden cage. So one day she stole away, heading for Champoor a dragon ruled city where Orabis went not. As one of the major trade hubs of the Dreaming Sea she also hopes to be able to learn all she can about the past and mysteries of the Anathema, and eventually find out what happened to Smoking Mirror Warrior.

Custom Content to draw attention to:

- Mirror Feather Robe: This is the Artifact Armor Unison (Arms of the Chose p.110) given a rewrite to my actual lore, I plan on taking a developing Evocations but the basic function is the same
    - Heart of Fortitude Hearthstone: I didn't have an exact model for this but I knocked down the effect of Heirophant's Eye (Core p.610) from Auto+Non-Charm success to just an Auto success and changed it to being Environmental Hazards not casting spells in exchange for ditching that terrible Dependent tag. I do have my eye on some Hearthstones I can just refluff though if need be.
    - Shaping Ritual: A fire retheming of Drowning in Mystery (DB pg. 309) from the Wasaanan Exorcists

26. - Top - End - #86
    Pixie in the Playground

Jhalia is just a few bells and whistles shy of complete

My Background is maybe a bit long for the space so I'll transcribe here:

Spoiler: Background
    Show
    A Prasadi born in Kamthahar, Jhalia comes from an elite jati of physicians and surgeons. Her ancestors marched south with the legions and there is both dragon and god blood in her veins though it has grown thin among the Guren in the past hundred years. Regardless as a member of the Sage caste Jhalia grew up knowing every luxury, in appropriate restraint, whilst receiving the highest in educations. She was expected to excel and in this she succeeded, emerging at the age of 15 as one of the finest young surgeons in Prasad. Compassionate to a fault Jhalia never wanted more in life then to treat the ill and the sick.

Wishing to gain more practical experience Jhalia turned down several prestigious offers to take a humbler but still well paying posting on the southern frontier. It was a dusty ramshackle Legion fort, but Jhalia came to love the comparative freedom it offered her to do as she would without a hundred eyes looking and judging or fifty mouths whispering what was 'expected' of her. It was not a safe posting however, with frequent raids resulting in many injuries. One night forces out of the Eye hit the fort hard, it held as it always did but there were many wounded, including several of the fort healers leaving Jhalia in charge of medical operations. That night she chose who lived and who died. When a distraught Burano officer entered with his wounded young son though Jhalia made a fateful decision. Taking one look at the poor child's wounds she saw there was little hope, the wound was poisoned and his organs were torn to shreds. She rebuffed the officer demand he make way for those that could still be saved, and the boy did not survive the night while Jhalia pulled ten others back from the brink of death. It would have been a heroic feat, except that those she'd saved had all been from lower castes and mid ranked jati while she had let a Dragon Caste scion die.

Not taking his son's death lying down the Burano had Jhalia before the fort commander calling it murder and how dare she place so little value on the lives of her better. Backing the officer was one of the other physicians, claiming the he of course would have saved the boy. Jhalia challenged that and demolished his medical arguments before the entire base staff, making clear just how little could be done. In the end even the Burano officer was forced to retract his claims but as he left he spoke the words that would doom Jhalia forever.

"I understand... but I still do not forgive"

Within a month Jhalia found herself dismissed from her post, as she was being 'rewarded' with a prestigious position back in Kamthahar. She saw the trap but had little recourse. Two days out from the fort someone put a bag over her head, chains on her wrists and hauled her off. Prasad does not practice chattel slavery, but not practicing not the same as stamping it out. Jhalia was kidnapped and sold, hauled north and west beyond the bounds of the empire and eventually found herself Chiaroscuro. Her skill as physician spared her the worst, but the cruel matron that won her bid never let her property forget who held the whip. Jhalia's spirit never broke under the humiliation though and eventually she was sold to a salt mine some years later. Here conditions were harsh, but Jhalia found ample demand for her skill down in the pits, but with meager supplies at best there were too many she failed to save and every death haunted her.

Finally Jhalia reached her breaking point. Slipping out one evening she climbed up a crane hanging over the central pit, stared up at heavens, and raged. Pouring out years of frustration and humiliation, years of loss, and demanding justice from all the gods and powers of the world. While she raged a small crowd gathered. The guards did not try to stop her, nor did they care if a slave took their own life for even talented ones were soon replaced. Seeing their laughter Jhalia took one final act of spite and stepped over the edge. She never hit the bottom for the world exploded in light around her and something lifted her up taking her high into the air. Before she knew it she was heading south and east, flying in the air towards home. When she came to her senses once more Jhalia found she had sprouted brilliantly colored wings from her back. A confusing point that, her education had not dwelled on Anathema but even she knew that Gold and Silver were supposed to have different traits. Yet still a blessing for without which hunters would surely close on her for Chiaroscuro was an Immaculate bastion and Anathema or not she knew not how to defend herself. Setting her direction south and east Jhalia headed for more familiar lands.

As she crossed the land Jhalia became aware of something directing her, an instinct or a gravity pulling her in one direction. And when she turned from that path for too long headwinds roared against her and her wings soon grew tired of carry on. So she followed the call, passing over Prasad and into the Dreaming Sea. Finally the wind's call brought her to a small island. A small village, a towering smoking mountain, and the dragon Orabis. He greeted her the Twice-Blessed Flower of Evening and welcomed her to Kuyulan Island. The dragon had not been behind the call he said but he had been awaiting the return of the Lawgivers for some time. From the dragon Jhalia would learn much about what she had become, and Orabis delighted in initiating her into Sorcery, the Old Tongue, and other arts. Of medicine Jhalia needed to instruction, but found her understanding expanding by leaps and bounds but also little called for among the fisher folk that worshipped Orabis on the island. Indeed the entire island seemed under a strong blessing, the warm sun cooled by a fresh breeze, the plants nourished by gentle rain, a tropical paradise nestled in middle of the Dreaming Sea.

As time passed Jhalia learned of the island's history. The Island of the Feathered Serpent long long ago before the First Age the Dragon Kings had been the first to come there and built a temple to the Sun. When the Lawgivers rose they claimed the temple as their patron's favored children and built it to a splendid manse, temple, and center of learning and healing. A beacon of civilization in a region that even at Creation's peak had been remote and wyld. Many hands and none held the island in turn until the Contagion after which lay abandoned for five centuries until Orabis had come and made it his home. This Jhalia learned from her mentor, but soon her own explorations turned up more. Orabis had never claimed the island's Manse and seemed to avoid it, leaving it open for Jhalia to explore. Eventually she came upon murals and records that drew her in much as she'd been drawn to the island.

In broken poetry and obscure verse they told the Romance of Priestess Rainbow Feathers and the Smoking Mirror Warrior. tThe former had been mighty in sorcery, kind of heart, and brought blessing after blessing to the lands, but for her weakness in battle was disdained by her protector. Long was their rivalry and the struggle of Priestess Rainbow Feathers, until the day word came Smoking Mirror Warrior was surrounded by many enemies and was fated to die. Yet this Priestess Rainbow Feathers would not allow and so she rewove destiny granting herself the mighty wings with which she plucked Smoking Mirror Warrior from the heart of his foes. So was the heart of Smoking Mirror Warrior softened and from then on the lovers were ever at another's side. That was the tale inscribed on the walls of the temple but it was only at the end when Jhalia discovered a much cruder hurried note hand carved into the stone. Carved in a hand she recognized at once, the hand of the one the murals remembered as Smoking Mirror Warrior:

"I'm sorry my love, I couldn't wait for you"

For of course Jhalia or rather her previous incarnation was the one the tale labeled Priestess Rainbow Feathers, lover of Smoking Mirror Warrior. When the end came for the Lawgivers he must have come back here to their center of power and held out for a time. More troubling though was realizing her mentor had must have kept this from her for some reason. Orabis had his own reasons surely and she knew enough of spirits to know their priorities and sensibilities were not those of mortal but it changed her perception of why he'd been so helpful and over the next few months she came to view the island as golden cage. So one day she stole away, heading for Champoor a dragon ruled city where Orabis went not. As one of the major trade hubs of the Dreaming Sea she also hopes to be able to learn all she can about the past and mysteries of the Anathema, and eventually find out what happened to Smoking Mirror Warrior.

Custom Content to draw attention to:

- Mirror Feather Robe: This is the Artifact Armor Unison (Arms of the Chose p.110) given a rewrite to my actual lore, I plan on taking a developing Evocations but the basic function is the same
    - Heart of Fortitude Hearthstone: I didn't have an exact model for this but I knocked down the effect of Heirophant's Eye (Core p.610) from Auto+Non-Charm success to just an Auto success and changed it to being Environmental Hazards not casting spells in exchange for ditching that terrible Dependent tag. I do have my eye on some Hearthstones I can just refluff though if need be.
    - Shaping Ritual: A fire retheming of Drowning in Mystery (DB pg. 309) from the Wasaanan Exorcists
    Okay so mostly just some minor rewrite on the artifacts lore and just cosmetic changes for a shaping ritual and yeah the HS power is fine.
    Looking good.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

What kind of selection/start date are we feeling?

28. - Top - End - #88
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeRaids View Post
    What kind of selection/start date are we feeling?
    This is going to be the start of the one week notice, so 5/14 to finish your characters.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ettin in the Playground

Alright, thinking about a Dusk caste with a focus on martial arts.

Can I "refluff" the Forgotten Blade as a Reaper Daiklave? It's... unclear if it's this or a regular daiklave, the only difference is which martial arts it's useable with. I'd like to use Single Point and Thousand Blades with it.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    Alright, thinking about a Dusk caste with a focus on martial arts.

Can I "refluff" the Forgotten Blade as a Reaper Daiklave? It's... unclear if it's this or a regular daiklave, the only difference is which martial arts it's useable with. I'd like to use Single Point and Thousand Blades with it.
    Sure, can be a reaper daiklave.