New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Graduates of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

The lounge seems a little crowded, so I suppose I'll go with the Cafeteria for now.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    @Cazero does a person who doesn't declare a hangout location before the first daily life phase end up sulking?
    "Why are you asking Cazero? He's dead. Dead people don't speak... Or do they? Hmmmm. My whole life could be a lie."
    "But to answer your question, yes, if you don't declare anything in time you're going to sulk."
    Yes, I am slightly egomaniac. Why didn't you ask?

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    The world needs more platypi
    I wish you could be

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari
    Also this isn’t D&D, flaming the troll doesn’t help either.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Firbolg in the Playground

"I will stay here and hang out in the gym if anyone wants to join?
    Last edited by Athedia; 2024-04-30 at 11:28 AM. Reason: forgot a space

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

I think I'll add to the Gym for the moment; there doesn't seem to be a major mechanical disadvantage to sulking, but I may be missing something.
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    I think I'll add to the Gym for the moment; there doesn't seem to be a major mechanical disadvantage to sulking, but I may be missing something.
    I think it basically just means that you can't be targeted by some actions (and possibly not use your own), which could be good or bad, depending on who's doing what. It does seem to interfere with some of the investigation results, so non-sulking might be better for better for town, at least in that respect.

- - - Updated - - -

Though I suppose investigating for a specific talent isn't necessarily pro-town, so it might just be the crime scene one where town benefits from less people sulking.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    Yeah, like Bat said, it blocks some investigations.

When investigating a crime scene, you trace the killing action and you randomly learn the hangout location of the killer or the name of their Black talent, unless they were sulking or your investigation was disrupted.
    When investigating alibis, you trace the daily life action(s) of a random player hanging out in the chosen location and learn the name(s) of their target(s), unless your investigation was disrupted.
    When investigating the whereabouts of an Ultimate talent, you trace their daily life action associated with that talent and randomly learn their hangout location or the name of their target, unless they did no action associated with that talent, they were sulking, or your investigation was disrupted.
    If we try to investigate the kill (or ultimate talent I guess), we just get no result if the killer was sulking and the investigation is basically useless. If we got that result now, the killer would be one of the 5 players with no selected location or would be one of the people who chose to investigate that (blocking it).

The way I read it, Mafia are incentivized to sulk because it's harder to get caught - the killer being in a location gives only 2 or 3 possible killers at the moment (up to 4 if we spread out evenly) or forces the mafia to "investigate" the location in order to sabotage, which will be a whole different set of math when people declare those.

Which is my reason for the tentative town read on Snow - if mafia wants to sulk, then joining a location in your first post is a good look.

Spoiler: Voting
    Show
    Votes:
    Batcathat: Snowblaze
    Dakrsidder: bladescape
    Snowblaze: Illven
    LetsGetKraken: Batcathat, CaoimhinTheCape
    CaoimhinTheCape: Zelphas
    Illven: Dakrsidder
    Athedia: BookWombat
    BookWombat: LetsGetKraken
    bladescape: Athedia
    No Vote: MossDragon, Persolus

Hang Out:
    Cafeteria: Illven, Batcathat
    Lounge: Snowblaze, CaoimhinTheCape, bladescape
    Gym: Athedia, Zelphas
    No Vote: LetsGetKraken, Dakrsidder, BookWombat, MossDragon, Persolus

Investigation:
    No Vote: Snowblaze, Let'sGetKraken, Zelphas, Illven, Dakrsidder, Book Wombat, bladescape, Batcathat, CaoimhinTheCape, Athedia, MossDragon, Persolus

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

...right, that is why Caoimhin gave me town points. I probably should have realised that at the time.

That does make me feel better about them - probably an actual townread atp - though I was hoping to not make "there's mechanical incentive for mafia to sulk" public information for a little longer. Eh, there's probably still some amount of stuff to analyse there.

Will go do that, and try to find an actual wolfread.
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 24
    Werewolf games lost: 14
    Games as town: 23.5
    Games as neutral: 5.5
    Games as wolf: 9
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 17

Extended Signature

8. - Top - End - #38

Yeah, I would have kept quiet on the sulk is good for mafia thought too, but we still have 5 people without a location and less than 7 hours left in the Day. Especially with the votes the way they are, I am happy to have the conversation about sulking rather than having nothing.

At this point, I'm good with almost anyone, preference toward people who have not declared a location (Kraken, Dakrsidder, BookWombat, MossDragon, Persolus). Though, MossDragon new (?) and Dakrsidder kinda new (??) so not them. I'm not sure if Persolus has posted, so he may get a pass as well.

So I guess my vote stays for the moment.

Show
    Votes:
    LetsGetKraken: Batcathat, CaoimhinTheCape
    BookWombat: LetsGetKraken

Hang Out:
    Gym: Athedia, Zelphas
    No Vote: LetsGetKraken, Dakrsidder, BookWombat, MossDragon, Persolus

Investigation:
    No Vote: Snowblaze, Let'sGetKraken, Zelphas, Illven, Dakrsidder, Book Wombat, bladescape, Batcathat, CaoimhinTheCape, Athedia, MossDragon, Persolus

9. - Top - End - #39
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ugh, seriously, people? No progress with the voting? Whatever. I'll drag myself to the gym, because, let's face it, maintaining this level of fabulousness is hard work. But FYI, I've already thrown in a random vote once, and I'm not about to do it again.

So, are we voting to investigate this phase or the next one? I swear, I thought it was the next, but now Cao's getting all up in it. Eye roll
    Last edited by Let'sGetKraken; 2024-05-01 at 09:33 AM.
    Loser of Total War: Rise of Kingdoms
    as
    The Astral Collective

Winner of Total War: Hanrui 3
    as
    The Four Courts of Hanrui/The Equinox League

Plausible Victor of Total War: Pricipia
    as
    The Chrysaorian Hegemony

10. - Top - End - #40

Quote Originally Posted by Let'sGetKraken View Post
    Ugh, seriously, people? No progress with the voting? Whatever. I'll drag myself to the gym, because, let's face it, maintaining this level of fabulousness is hard work. But FYI, I've already thrown in a random vote once, and I'm not about to do it again.

So, are we voting to investigate this phase or the next one? I swear, I thought it was the next, but now Cao's getting all up in it. Eye roll
    Investigation is next phase, nothing to track on the Night 0 body.

Since you're in a place, Vote: Book Wombat

I know there's not really much to talk about, but does anyone get anything from the weird vote spread? No one seems to want to make a move but surely there's a wolf with one vote on them that could be in danger.

Show
    Votes:
    LetsGetKraken: Batcathat
    BookWombat: LetsGetKraken, CaoimhinTheCape

Hang Out:
    Gym: Athedia, Zelphas, LetsGetKraken
    No Vote: Dakrsidder, BookWombat, MossDragon, Persolus

11. - Top - End - #41

"Actually that is odd. We haven't heard from Persolus at all. Usually he pops up to tell us not to kill him day one. A little nudge may be needed?"

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

I got distracted.

And now there are three hours until EOD and no proper wagons, and I need to do quite a bit of other stuff between now and EOD. What fun.

Anyway yeah. Vote distribution is weird. Statistically there's almost certainly a wolf who has a vote on them, and presumably wolves are to some extent concerned about that. And yet no-one is trying to form larger wagons.

(I am considering doing that, but also any choice atp feels very arbitrary and throwing-darts-in-a-dark-room. Then again there is a non-zero chance of hitting the metaphorical dartboard that way which is probably better than what we have at the moment...)

Is "Kraken is town because he was on two votes for ages and no-one did anything about it" a valid read? If so that's one person I don't want to vote.

Against killing Persolus when he hasn't posted and died D1 last game. Dakrsidder is newish I think. Caoimhin is a townread. I'm not self-voting. Wombat already has two votes and 2-2 is better than 3-and-lots-of-1s.

That leaves Illven or Athedia I guess. Will skim through both of their ISOs.

Extended Signature

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmm. I got some very vague townleans (that I also kinda suspect specifically because they seem towny and I'm untrusting like that ) but nothing close to a wolf read and with votes all over the place I don't even have the benefit of wagons to choose between. As the closest thing we've got to a wagon, I suppose BW isn't the worst choice.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Illven has not done anything AI. I don't think I can read anything into choosing to hang out after I poked people to/other people started doing it.

Extended Signature

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

Is "Kraken is town because he was on two votes for ages and no-one did anything about it" a valid read? If so that's one person I don't want to vote.
    Potentially, though I have a hopefully just paranoid thought that Kraken and Cao could be wolf buddies, with Cao voting Kraken to distance and then getting worried when nothing else happened. Something to keep in mind if one of them eventually flips wolf, at least.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Athedia has a mild focus on the idea of not eliminating D1. That might just be an RP thing though, because in-character it's a perfectly sensible idea, and even if it's not... okay, it's weird but I don't think it's wolfy weird so.

I do feel bad about killing Illven before she has a chance to get into the game, but it looks like it's the least worst option rn. Taking suggestions for better options if people have them!

Extended Signature

17. - Top - End - #47
    Pixie in the Playground

Sorry for being new and quiet - trying to figure stuff out! Last time I played a game like this it was all via discord, so the play by forum is new to me. For sake of hands on learning let's put me in the gym and I'll vote for suspecting Persolus? If he's normally active it's strange he's not in here yet. Also since I know him outside of the game I know he won't be tooooo grumpy if I cause his demise.

(edited to bold the writing)
    Last edited by MossDragon; 2024-05-01 at 11:31 AM.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    Potentially, though I have a hopefully just paranoid thought that Kraken and Cao could be wolf buddies, with Cao voting Kraken to distance and then getting worried when nothing else happened. Something to keep in mind if one of them eventually flips wolf, at least.
    That... had also occurred to me as a vague possibility, though not one I'm giving serious weight rn. Eh, you can have a town point for the thought I think, at least until we have more to go on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MossDragon View Post
    Sorry for being new and quiet - trying to figure stuff out! Last time I played a game like this it was all via discord, so the play by forum is new to me. For sake of hands on learning let's put me in the gym and I'll vote for suspecting Persolus? If he's normally active it's strange he's not in here yet. Also since I know him outside of the game I know he won't be tooooo grumpy if I cause his demise.
    Hi! You'll want to put your votes in bold - don't know if it's strictly required this game but makes things easier for the narrator.

Also we now have wagons, yay!

Extended Signature

19. - Top - End - #49

"My biggest concern is BW ran the last game and I don't want to knock him out to early because of that (even though he is willing to vote for me). Also it is very against how Persolus usually acts to not post. Yes it sucks he got knocked out early last time. But if that is a concern, Illven wasn't able to play the last game. This is Dakrsidder's second game and other than the masterful pun we haven't heard anything from him. And bladescape hasn't contributed much to the discussion, but that might be a time zone thing?"

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

While it's nice we have wagons, I'm not sure which, if any, of them I wanna vote. The one with the clearest argument for voting seems to be Persolus, but aside from me generally being vary of voting low- or no-activity players (though with the fairly low pace of this game, I suppose the difference is smaller than usual) I'm leaning towards him not posting so far being NAI (I only found one game in my sheet where Persolus played wolf and in that one he still posted rather early, though one example is admittedly not a lot to go on).

As for Illven and BW, there doesn't seem to be a lot for or against either of them, which I suppose isn't exactly unusual D1.

- - - Updated - - -

In fact, could I persuade anyone to join me in voting Kraken? I don't have any particular suspicions against him (though focusing on RP wouldn't be the worst wolf play), but that's true of everyone else, too, and if he does flip wolf, Cao looks worse.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, we should probably try to avoid a tie, since that means Monokuma picks who dies and he's said to side with the wolves most of the time.

21. - Top - End - #51

While it's nice we have wagons, I'm not sure which, if any, of them I wanna vote. The one with the clearest argument for voting seems to be Persolus, but aside from me generally being vary of voting low- or no-activity players (though with the fairly low pace of this game, I suppose the difference is smaller than usual) I'm leaning towards him not posting so far being NAI (I only found one game in my sheet where Persolus played wolf and in that one he still posted rather early, though one example is admittedly not a lot to go on).

As for Illven and BW, there doesn't seem to be a lot for or against either of them, which I suppose isn't exactly unusual D1.

- - - Updated - - -

In fact, could I persuade anyone to join me in voting Kraken? I don't have any particular suspicions against him (though focusing on RP wouldn't be the worst wolf play), but that's true of everyone else, too, and if he does flip wolf, Cao looks worse.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, we should probably try to avoid a tie, since that means Monokuma picks who dies and he's said to side with the wolves most of the time.
    Ugh, listen up peasants, because I'm about to drop some truth bombs. My demise won't line your pockets, and yeah, I've got some handy tricks up my sleeve even if it's a "use it when I feel it" sort of vibe, but let's be real, I haven't met an early exit in ages. Plus, I've got plans this weekend that are far more fabulous than any funeral. So, deal with it.
    Last edited by Let'sGetKraken; 2024-05-01 at 01:01 PM.
    as
    The Astral Collective

as

as
    The Chrysaorian Hegemony

22. - Top - End - #52

Half an hour or so left, and 3 way tie. Bat brings up a very good point about ties - we should break it toward someone, though idk who is online at the moment to actually do that.

I'm in a meeting till the hour so can't guarantee I'll move.

Show
    Votes:
    LetsGetKraken: Batcathat
    Illven: Dakrsidder, Snowblaze
    BookWombat: LetsGetKraken, CaoimhinTheCape
    Persolus: Athedia, MossDragon
    No Vote: Persolus

Hang Out:
    Gym: Athedia, Zelphas, LetsGetKraken, MossDragon
    No Vote: Dakrsidder, BookWombat, Persolus

23. - Top - End - #53
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Am online-ish. Will save a tie-breaking vote in another tab and post it last-minute if necessary.

Extended Signature

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    Half an hour or so left, and 3 way tie. Bat brings up a very good point about ties - we should break it toward someone, though idk who is online at the moment to actually do that.
    I'll be here, but I'd prefer not leaving things up to my gut, so I'm still kinda hoping I won't have to.

- - - Updated - - -

Am online-ish. Will save a tie-breaking vote in another tab and post it last-minute if necessary.
    Now I'm sort of worried we'll accidentally try to break the tie at the same time and end up creating a new one.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

I'll be here, but I'd prefer not leaving things up to my gut, so I'm still kinda hoping I won't have to.

- - - Updated - - -

Now I'm sort of worried we'll accidentally try to break the tie at the same time and end up creating a new one.
    That would be hilarious but we should probably not let it happen.

If you're actually available rather than posting during a meeting you should probably be paying more attention to then it would be better if you do it (And because I also do not want to have to make the decision, lol.)

Extended Signature

26. - Top - End - #56

Okay, so like, I'm kind of contemplating if I should switch up my vote. It's like, I feel low-key guilty that Illven, Book Wombat and Persolus haven't been in the spotlight much lately, you know?

- - - Updated - - -

Ugh, here's the tea: I'm totally not down for some last-minute scapegoat drama, 'cause like, that just gives the wolves an advantage, and hello, no thanks. Guess I'll just let the peasants... I mean, others, handle it.
    as
    The Astral Collective

as

as
    The Chrysaorian Hegemony

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright, looks like the safest option is to go with my stupid gut, who prefers Illven.

Since I think that might leave me all alone in the cafeteria, I'm switching to the Lounge.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

"Aaaaand time's up ! Let's see who you want dead."

Trial 0 has ended, please wait for narration.

- - - Updated - - -

Spoiler: Vote recap
    Show
    Book Wombat : 2 (Let'sGetKraken, CaoimhinTheCape)
    Illven : 3 (Snowblaze, Darksidder, Batcathat)
    CaoimhinTheCape : 1 (Zelphas)
    Snowblaze : 1 (Illven)
    Athedia : 1 (Book Wombat)
    Darksidder : 1 (bladescape)
    Persolus : 2 (Athedia, MossDragon)

"It looks like a bad day to be you, Illven !"
    Monokuma slams a red button.
    "The vote has been decided, and the execution may begin ! Let's give it everything we've got !"

Spoiler: Execution
    Show
    The walls of the courtroom open with a rumble, revealing a fabricated public square with cardboard buildings, where a crowd of Monokumas are waiting, crying out for blood. Makeshift gallows are being built alarmingly fast, and Illven is dragged on them. There, a Monokuma wearing a hood picks up a massive axe and prepares to strike.
    He slips and crushes Illven with the side of the axe. The gallows breaks and crumble, and Illven is cut by countless splinters, before being beaten mercilessly by the crowd.

Illven has been executed ! She was part of the White team and the Ultimate Authority.
    You are the Ultimate Authority
    Once per game, as a daily life (night) action, you can revoke a regulation. Monokuma cannot reinstate it.
    The wall close on the gruesome scene as Monokuma laughs.
    "Looks like you got it wrong ! Now that must be depressing. Feeling like giving up? No?"
    New regulation : when executing a White player, one of the player who voted against them is blackened.

"Anyway, it's time for you to shoo. Get on with the murdering !"

Day 1 begins. Daily life phase 1 will end in approximatively 24 hours.

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    I wish you could be

29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

I was afraid something like that regulation would show up. In the original game, if an innocent was killed at trial, everyone would get blackened, making black automatically win.
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Hangout groups :
    Lounge : Snowblaze, bladescape, batcathat, CaoimhinTheCape
    Gym : Let'sGetKraken, Zelphas, Athedia, Mossdragon
    Cafeteria : nobody
    Sulking : darksidder, Book Wombat, Persolus
    Last edited by Cazero; 2024-05-01 at 02:40 PM.

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    I wish you could be