New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Default Re: Graduates of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Athedia View Post
    Can I investigate the first crime scene?
    "I do toroughly clean up the facility during trials. So no. You missed your chance."
    Yes, I am slightly egomaniac. Why didn't you ask?

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    The world needs more platypi
    I wish you could be

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari
    Also this isn’t D&D, flaming the troll doesn’t help either.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Firbolg in the Playground

Okay so, Cao's power blocked a kill. But now we can't investigate that, but we can investigate for power use? Does that include a blocked power? So if we all investigate the Gym we should either see Cao's power use *or* MossDragons Ultimate (but blocked) ability use. Since they did say they tried to use it. If any wolves sabotage then no results would be found. So because of that maybe only people we suspect of being wolves should investigate?

Or we should allow folks we are pretty sure are town to chose who but we have like 3 hours left and I doubt we will see enough activity.

- - - Updated - - -

To be clear I am investigating the Gym unless a fair number of those I suspect are town say otherwise but I haven't seen any other investigations going.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Bugbear in the Playground

Okay so, Cao's power blocked a kill. But now we can't investigate that, but we can investigate for power use? Does that include a blocked power? So if we all investigate the Gym we should either see Cao's power use *or* MossDragons Ultimate (but blocked) ability use. Since they did say they tried to use it. If any wolves sabotage then no results would be found. So because of that maybe only people we suspect of being wolves should investigate?

Or we should allow folks we are pretty sure are town to chose who but we have like 3 hours left and I doubt we will see enough activity.

- - - Updated - - -

To be clear I am investigating the Gym unless a fair number of those I suspect are town say otherwise but I haven't seen any other investigations going.
    No investigations when there's no kill.

Night phase repeats until someone dies or the host gets bored and kills someone probably.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    No investigations when there's no kill.
    Pretty much this.

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    I wish you could be

5. - Top - End - #155

Okay then... basically Black Team is going to just win then or we are going to get stuck in a loop forever? Sorry if I sound kinda frustrated but again I literally just have passives and it feels like there is no point even in me checking in here since basically no one is contributing anything.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Barbarian in the Playground

Assuming wolves successfully kill and nothing goes horribly wrong, there’ll probably be some contribution soon enough

7. - Top - End - #157
    Pixie in the Playground

Athedia, Investigation happens during the Deadly Life. Because there was no death, we skipped through Deadly Life and Trial, to another Daily Life.

I think we also can't switch up the hangout groups, which I find strange.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by corncobweb View Post
    I think it's possible to state a hangout location now and switch to it, in case there's yet another night after this one.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Pixie in the Playground

Ah, I hadn't realized there was a page 6 when I posted this.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by corncobweb View Post
    Actually, you can switch hangout plans anytime. You just all only did it during trials so far.

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    I wish you could be

11. - Top - End - #161
    Pixie in the Playground

Sorry about editing my post - since Cao posted while I was writing it I felt real stupid after hitting "submit". I didn't know it would attach to each other. So if we're not allowed to investigate... Do we have more info? I agree that it feels kinda skewed towards black right now with the blackening mechanism and the narrator.

12. - Top - End - #162

I figured I’d just post everything now seeing as it no longer particularly matters whether I die or not afterwards as my role becomes somewhat useless, but my role is Ultimate Spirit Medium, and as you saw from Book, some powers require sulking; mine is “during the daily life (night) phase, if you are sulking, you commune with the dead” (plus, if you go back to #108, I claimed my power requires sulking in white text after the word “cycle”). I can choose a person who died to receive a message from and receive two other messages from the remaining dead. I was more curious about what I’d receive than being antagonized, so I tried it N1, but I only received one from Illven as Cazero’s message was omitted. D2 I was particularly adamant about not fixating on sulkers because Kracken died, and I’d know with absolute certainty who murdered him, so as long as I used my power, I’d identify the wolf and even the scales. Despite this, curiosity killed the cat, so I picked Cazero as my guaranteed N2 and received "...messed with our memories..." However, one of my bonus messages was “Athedia killed Kraken.”

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Daily life phase 3 has ended. Please wait for narration.

- - - Updated - - -

You are not at ease. There's talk of escape, but no plan of action. Talk of distrust and conspiracies begin to form. But the most concerning is the growing feeling of despair that washes over you as the too familiar annoucement is heard.

"A body has been discovered !"

You gather in the cafeteria, where corncobweb lies dead, poisoned. There is no obvious sign of who did it.
    Once again, Monokuma joins you, as to rub salt in your wounds.
    "What a shame, what a shame. I suppose you don't know how bad this is for you yet. But you will, in due time."
    He taps the file he's carrying, as if the answers you're looking for are in it. But before you can do anything, he leaves.
    "I'll leave you to your investigations. See you at the trial !"

The hangout groups were :
    Lounge : Snowblaze, bladescape, Batcathat
    Gym : Athedia, MossDragon, CaoimhinTheCape
    Cafeteria : corncobweb, Zelphas
    Sulking : Dakrsidder

The possible investigations are :
    The crime scene of corncobweb's body
    Alibis from the lounge
    Alibis from the gym
    Alibis from the cafeteria
    Any Ultimate Talent you can name (or guess)

Deadly life phase 3 has started and will end in about 24 hours.

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    I wish you could be

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dakrsidder View Post
    I figured I’d just post everything now seeing as it no longer particularly matters whether I die or not afterwards as my role becomes somewhat useless, but my role is Ultimate Spirit Medium, and as you saw from Book, some powers require sulking; mine is “during the daily life (night) phase, if you are sulking, you commune with the dead” (plus, if you go back to #108, I claimed my power requires sulking in white text after the word “cycle”). I can choose a person who died to receive a message from and receive two other messages from the remaining dead. I was more curious about what I’d receive than being antagonized, so I tried it N1, but I only received one from Illven as Cazero’s message was omitted. D2 I was particularly adamant about not fixating on sulkers because Kracken died, and I’d know with absolute certainty who murdered him, so as long as I used my power, I’d identify the wolf and even the scales. Despite this, curiosity killed the cat, so I picked Cazero as my guaranteed N2 and received "...messed with our memories..." However, one of my bonus messages was “Athedia killed Kraken.”
    As tempting as it is to just go along with this, it seems decently possible that we won't survive another misyeet so it'd be a pretty good time for a wolfy bluff.

If Athedia was the killer and you're truthful about no getting any investigation result, that presumably means we just happened to both randomly target someone in the gym who didn't perform an action. I wonder if it's worth it for the other gym members to clarify whether or not they did something? (Yes, I realize that there's another rather obvious explanation if people don't trust me).

- - - Updated - - -

Presumably it would also mean that either Cao or Snow is a wolf. So that's some fun paranoia.

To be honest, I'm kinda tempted to just suspect Dakrsidder here, but that might just be because I don't want to have completely misread the situation.

15. - Top - End - #165

Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    As tempting as it is to just go along with this, it seems decently possible that we won't survive another misyeet so it'd be a pretty good time for a wolfy bluff.

If Athedia was the killer and you're truthful about no getting any investigation result, that presumably means we just happened to both randomly target someone in the gym who didn't perform an action. I wonder if it's worth it for the other gym members to clarify whether or not they did something? (Yes, I realize that there's another rather obvious explanation if people don't trust me).

- - - Updated - - -

Presumably it would also mean that either Cao or Snow is a wolf. So that's some fun paranoia.

To be honest, I'm kinda tempted to just suspect Dakrsidder here, but that might just be because I don't want to have completely misread the situation.
    If there was one thing I could say with absolute certainty, it’s that I did not disrupt the investigation. Beyond that, fair, especially considering the general view that sulking is suspicious. When I was with you in an investigation, it was presumably disrupted, and now, as Zelphas says, the killer N1 was sulking, and the only other surviving sulker turns up dead. It’s honestly quite funny how this all stacked up against me.

Edit: right, I forgot I ought to send Athedia to Tartarus
    Last edited by Dakrsidder; 2024-05-07 at 02:49 PM.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

Between the claims from Cao and Dakrsidder plus some information I'd rather not get into at the moment, I'm leaning towards either Dakrsidder/MossDragon or Athedia/Snow being wolves. I trust the latter pair more than the former, but that's mostly gut feeling.

- - - Updated - - -

No voting yet, first we investigate.

17. - Top - End - #167

No voting yet, first we investigate.
    Forgot about that

18. - Top - End - #168

I'm once again kinda confused on the kill. Like. If Wolves know we're going after Night 1 possible killers corn/dakrsidder/Cao/Snow why shoot within that group?

I did not block on the second Night phase - I assumed wolves would change who did the kill.

As for dakrsidder, I wouldn't be surprised if Town had a miller type role, where you would need to look suspicious (sulk) to actually use their power. That said, it's pretty convenient that the message confirms something that fits with my power use.

For investigations, I still think we still pair people up. [Snowblaze, Zelphas, Dakrsidder, bladescape, Batcathat, CaoimhinTheCape, Athedia, MossDragon] 8 people, in pairs means that we investigate 4 different things. Assuming there are 3 Wolves...

if the pairs are [T W] [T W] [T W] [T T] and we get 3 blocked investigations, then we have three 50/50s, 2 confirmed Town, and some information. If it's [W W] [T W] [T T] [T T] then we're guaranteed 2 sets of information.

Wolves could choose not to block investigations, which doesn't out wolves but means that we're getting some truthful information. We could also only have 2 Wolves, which yields more info, but I'm more worried about a worst case scenario.

The crime scene of corncobweb's body
    Alibis from the lounge
    Alibis from the gym
    Alibis from the cafeteria
    Any Ultimate Talent you can name (or guess)
    If people are questioning me, I am happy to give out the name of my ultimate talent - Athedia and Moss Dragon already have it. I don't know what exactly that would do though, as you'd probably get the same information by investigating my location.

I'd like to Investigate the crime scene unless people really object to me being there. I should not be paired with Snow (given our failed investigation yesterday) and I don't know that dakrsidder is a good choice for the crime scene in general (Wolf!Dakrsidder could try and pin it on Athedia to keep the story straight, and if Town!Dakrsidder gets that info we'll be paranoid).

Between the claims from Cao and Dakrsidder plus some information I'd rather not get into at the moment, I'm leaning towards either Dakrsidder/MossDragon or Athedia/Snow being wolves. I trust the latter pair more than the former, but that's mostly gut feeling.
    In either of these scenarios, what are your feelings on the remaining players? Assuming those two pairings can't be wolves together (should we be assuming that?), a third wolf would be among [Zelphas, bladescape, CaoimhinTheCape].

- - - Updated - - -

"I did not block on the second Night phase - I assumed wolves would change who did the kill." and did not want to block a possible townie at my location a second time.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

While I have my concerns about both Snowblaze and CaoimhinTheCape (mostly they seem pairy, but also pairing them doesn't quite work with all of our other info), I think the idea to pair off and investigate is a good one.

With that being said, I'm going to grab the other Investigate the Crime Scene slot, if we follow that plan; if things go the way I think they will, I stand a decent chance of being able to call out corncobweb's killer directly with this.
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #170
    Pixie in the Playground

Can confirm that Cao didn't block my ability. (BUT IT STILL GOT BLOCKED RIP ME)

Damn, Darksiders 11th hour mic drop.

I have more thoughts, but gotta go to work. Lemme know who to investigate since I still don't really "get" this part.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    In either of these scenarios, what are your feelings on the remaining players? Assuming those two pairings can't be wolves together (should we be assuming that?), a third wolf would be among [Zelphas, bladescape, CaoimhinTheCape].
    I don't think Dakrsidder and Athedia are w/w for obvious reasons, but some other combination is probably possible. I should get some sleep before trying to decipher even my own thoughts on this.

That said, I'm leaning towards trusting you and Zelphas to a lesser degree, so if there's a wolf outside of my pairs, blade seems like the best pick.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm going to Investigate the gym again, but if anyone has other suggestions I'm open to it.

22. - Top - End - #172

I am on the White Team and I wouldn't believe a word Dakrsidder is saying, someone I have suspected from the beginning, again not that it means much. Luckily for me if you do decide to vote on me it will reveal my role without killing me. But trust me you want me to stay alive, I am probably the best chance this group has for White Team winning.

Also gonna say kinda insulted by the weak AF lie there, at least put some work into it. Gonna do a breakdown after I get the energy to get up and not be on my phone.

- - - Updated - - -

Guys my first ISO! Which means I am actually pissed off now. I will be doing one on MossDragon next.

Spoiler: Dakrsidder
    Show
    Salutations. You’d be correct in believing that, seeing as this is my second time here. That said, the dice tell me someone may not live to see the Illventh hour
    Nothing serious, it was random votes but Illven was the one who did end up dying and wolves would know who was on their team vs not. So no points either way but still not the best look.

I shall investigate the gym
    I had mentioned multiple times how it concerned me that BCH and Dakrsidder were both going to the gym here. Since they were a potential pairing in my mind.

You’d be right to be suspicious because, from the sound of it, literally no one got any information. I’d say with a high level of certainty that at least one of these isn’t power-related, and there’s a fair chance one of these is power-related. There are a number of possible combos, so I won’t bother listing them, but things certainly aren’t looking good.

You say this, but it’s statistically a horrible idea for me to disrupt, even ignoring the fact we’re the only two here. Let’s say I killed Kracken. I know for a fact no one’s getting any information from the crime scene without powers. This puts added suspicion on me. Now add that the area I investigate gets disrupted. Being only two people looks particularly bad. It’s a horrendous play. I may be new, but no way.
    Dakrsidder lampshades this suspicion here. Including that it would be a bad idea for him to disrupt obviously. Sometimes the smartest play to do is the dumbest play. WIFOM can really mess with experienced players heads. He has also been told above this that it would be a bad idea, so there there is a possibility he didn't know until then.

You gotta be blind

I underlined it for you

Why the haiku tho

Edit: Oh, never mind I didn’t even check the syllables I just automatically thought it was haiku lmao
    Nothing here really

Fair nuf

Based on the current public cred and statistics, I'd say the lounge was disrupted by someone within the group, but otherwise it's a tossup.

For the crime scene, the two most likely are that either someone used a power to disrupt or it was someone sulking.

For the gym, I find it hard to believe it was disrupted by someone within the group, regardless of whether one is actually a wolf or not, simply because it's a stupid play with bathatcat last second voting out a town and me having sulked + no results coming from crime scene, so I'd be inclined to assume it was a power. Technically, if someone's feeling dangerous, they could do it anyway and hope to get the other person out, but once they turn out town, you're probably either killed during daily life or voted out the following day.

For who the wolves are, I don't have enough data from my side to say. However, to add a bit of personal input for once, I did not disrupt any investigations.
    He states that "he finds it hard to believe" the gym was disrupted and again doing what feels like lampshading. He claims he didn't disrupt but we have no proof.

There was about a 6h 30m gap between Athedia swapping and the phase end; that's more than enough time to change votes

All I'll say is that this is a horrendous proposition from a power perspective, especially this cycle it’s necessary for my power
    He does state sulking is needed for his power. I will give him that one. But sulking is still suspicious.

Idk what you’re talking about there’s nothing here
    This was just annoying seriously folks just leave it in and don't post again until narration is over. Editting just looks really suspicious and goes against the ethos of the game.

Assuming wolves successfully kill and nothing goes horribly wrong, there’ll probably be some contribution soon enough
    1st, why would you pick Caz? Someone who is either controlled by the narrator and thus wolfleans or more likely is controlled by deadchat. I will say deadchat tends to wolfside. Also we don't know if spectators have the ability to mess with messages, there have been games where that has been a possibility.

Also who sent that? Book Wombat? The Grey we killed? Deadchat? I will be honest I am not actually afraid of being voted on because I know it won't work but I am annoyed if people buy this poorly written out power.

And why not message Kraken? How the heck would your ability "identify the wolf" the dead would have no more knowledge than we do!

I have *repeatedly* stated that I only have passives. I have no actions I can do. But White Team you want to work your butts off to keep me alive.

If there was one thing I could say with absolute certainty, it’s that I did not disrupt the investigation. Beyond that, fair, especially considering the general view that sulking is suspicious. When I was with you in an investigation, it was presumably disrupted, and now, as Zelphas says, the killer N1 was sulking, and the only other surviving sulker turns up dead. It’s honestly quite funny how this all stacked up against me.

Setting up a WIFOM moment again. He keeps leaning into "oh that would be the dumbest move ever so obviously they are setting me up"

But how convient in that we can't investigate Dakrsidder. So we can at least see if he is lying about his power or just taking everything from deadchat at face value.

Investigate Ultimate Spirit Medium

At this point though I know right from wrong. I just have to remind myself to stand up, and shake it off that's all I've got

23. - Top - End - #173

Quote Originally Posted by MossDragon View Post
    Sorry for being new and quiet - trying to figure stuff out! Last time I played a game like this it was all via discord, so the play by forum is new to me. For sake of hands on learning let's put me in the gym and I'll vote for suspecting Persolus? If he's normally active it's strange he's not in here yet. Also since I know him outside of the game I know he won't be tooooo grumpy if I cause his demise.

(edited to bold the writing)
    Fair first night vote.

So since Snowblaze, Darksidder, and Batcathat all voted for our dearly departed, it seems like one of them is blackened now? Do we know which one?
    This makes me suspect MossDragons Ultimate has to do with targetting blackened players

(small note - I'm gonna do what I can, but I'm finding this game format on a forum to be difficult to follow and use, especially since I can't find the colored text on the mobile browser. I assumed it'd be more discord based 😅)

So I'm wanting to help how I can. Zelphas mentioned having trustworthy people do the crime scene and not being one, and as my name hasn't really been in anyone's mouth either way. It was also mentioned that investigating locations might give your own information, and while I personally think that's unlikely I'm willing to investigate the lounge since that's the last option I got. Unless investigating alibis and locations is different things. 😵*💫
    ALways a little suspicious to volunteer

Spoiler: The Questioning of Me!
    Show
    "But yeah. Newness and quietness are not alignment indicative.
    Reasonable interpretation of facts, I guess. If it was a more experienced player I'd suspect this since it's a Bad Idea(TM) to reveal who has and hasn't been blackened to wolves, but I wouldn't be surprised if Moss didn't realise that at the time.
    Moss is definitely a confused newbie regardless of alignment. My gut says they could be playing their confused-newbieness for effect, but I am generally bad at reading newbies.
    Would like more opinions here. And Moss: who do you think could be a wolf, and why?"

ALRIGHT I HAVE HEARD THE CALL TO ACTION: DEFENSE OF ME! (featuring: more honesty than is probably safe?)

I wanted to figure out who's blackened so we can keep just blackened players voting in future rounds, since by my count there's not a lot of us here and I'd like to avoid a blackened win condition. Though that does paint a big ol target.

As for who could be a wolf, Caoimhin immediately went for Book Wombat. And then many are following suit. In a desire to obscure who's going to be blackened this round I'm joining the band wagon, but if Book Wombat is innocent that's where my mind goes immediately to be suspicious of. I still don't really "get" the investigations, and was pretty surprised that ANY of them showed information after we'd mostly determined the investigations turned up nada, so I'll stick where I am.

Other thoughts: most frequest posters in the whole game so far are Snowblaze, Caoimhin, Bladescape, Batcathat, Athedia. Though I don't want to punish activity so idk what to do with this information. But I spent an hour and a half making a spreadsheet :3

Current Votes:
    Book Wombat: Batcathat, Bladescape, concobweb, Caoimhin
    Snowblaze: Zelphas
    Lots here, brining up the newness stuff like Dakrsidder did. Also never really answered the "who do you think could be a wolf and why?" question. I would like you to answer this question.

Shows a desire to 'obscure who was blackened' but also voting in a pool to increase the size of said pool to guarentee the vote. THe reason this stands out to me is that again I suspect his power comes from targetting people who are blackened.

The most frequest posters are also the more experienced players for the most part, that means little (also this is about when finals and graduations start happening so our younger folks might be a lot more busy)

Please share this spreadsheet as well.

"So uh. How mad would you be if I told you that there was a very quick way to get post counts?"

:V well darn (am I allowed to swear?) I dunno how to do that. I'll just tinfoil hat myself some more and add more detail so it's not for naught. Also seeing that you're doing an "in search of" for other players I guess I might've felt a little too anxious when you questioned my loyalties.

"I disagree with the interpretation of how to play around blackening but I don't think it's an unreasonable one."

What's your take on how to play around it? The whole blackening thing makes me nervous. Would we know if we're blackened, or is that narrator only knowledge? And now that EVERYONE must vote or risk blackening, I'd like to be more on the same page.

Also, like I said before I'm suspicious of CaoimhinTheCape, based on levels of activity and immediate bloodthirsty for BookWombat, our newest dearly departed.

I'm going back to sleep and likely won't have my break at work before end of this phase, but it's night so I suppose that's alright. Waking up a few hours before my alarm this morning sure helps with the being active thing 😀
    Probing about how blackened status works. Is showing a lot more interest in blackening than just "it bad"

Ok, irl my household all got sick so I'm trapped in my room to escape whatever bug they all got. More time for figuring out what the heck is going on! Things I know:

My ultimate ability action was also blocked. Nobody is dead.
    • I know the name of who did it, and surprisingly the block makes them seem less wolfy. (mostly cause I know the name, which I'm undecided on sharing at the moment EDIT: Damn I feel silly, Cao just claimed it lmao). I'm not convinced they're town though. How many grey characters are there?Edit: Ok maybe they are town.
    • It's night again so I can just try my ability again and hope it helps? If it's blocked again I'm much more suspicious.Ok, maybe not suspicious, but plz my ability sucks it's like throwing darts in the dark
    • Would a wolf attack fail for the same reason my ultimate ability failed? Idk.

Zelphas had a lot to say, that I'm still processing. I can see the logic threads. Would like to see what he has to say later on.
    The throwing darts in the dark comment again makes me think the ability has to do with being blackened.

Sorry about editing my post - since Cao posted while I was writing it I felt real stupid after hitting "submit". I didn't know it would attach to each other. So if we're not allowed to investigate... Do we have more info? I agree that it feels kinda skewed towards black right now with the blackening mechanism and the narrator.
    Repeating what I said but also now you know about the funky lil condensing thing that keeps us from breaking forum rules :P

Can confirm that Cao didn't block my ability. (BUT IT STILL GOT BLOCKED RIP ME)

Damn, Darksiders 11th hour mic drop.

I have more thoughts, but gotta go to work. Lemme know who to investigate since I still don't really "get" this part.
    At minimum confirm my suspicion and also anywhere but the gym.

I would like others to investigate the gym since I am apparently suspected.

I get much less wolfy vibes from your posts than Dakrsidders but you could also just be more low key. Answer the question about your ability and who you suspect wolves are and we can talk.

Also that wasn't an "11th hour mic drop" it was right at the start of the investigation time. 11th hour (which now I think about it is close to Dakrsidder's Illventh hour pun) would be when time was almost out.

24. - Top - End - #174

Ooh, I really like the idea of checking dakrsidder's power. I just don't know how we get reliable information from it. No matter what Athedia's alignment is, we'll get a "no result" there (Town!Athedia could genuinely get nothing or Wolf!Athedia claims to get nothing to frame dakrsidder).

25. - Top - End - #175
    Pixie in the Playground

IN SEARCH OF ME response:

So my ultimate power is ultimate gambler (or tbh kinda mediocre gambler). I guess a perpetrator, a target, and an ability. If I get 2 of 3, I get the name of the 3rd. I didn't use it night one cause I didn't understand how to use powers. I got distracted by dancing night two and it got cancelled. I got blocked night 3. I really wanna use it successfully but it kinda isn't useful since I don't understand how to use any of the information, and it's a shot in the dark to even get it right in the first place.

My obsession with blackening is that I don't know how badly it'll effect us. So far not to much, only one of us is blackened I think? We're dying a lot, I think a regular wolf win is more likely than a blackened win or anything like that. So I'll let it lie and stop talking about it.

Call it what you want. I felt like it was 11th hour since it's right before a phase ended.

As for wolves names, no. I don't have the brain to come up with an intelligent original thought that'll make you think I'm worthy. I spent an hour and a half making a spreadsheet of information that's apparently just available, seeing post counts. and I also separated it into day/night cycles and tracked when locations and votes are declared, but whatever.

(I'm not linking my Google sheets. Mostly because I'm embarrassed and feel pretty frustrated at this whole thing. It's one thing to be told I was in the wrong place at the wrong time. It's another to be told that I do nothing but make errors and my logic is stupid).

And screw it, I'm investigating the gym. Let's see if I get my own information back.

Edit: also they/them pronouns would be sick. Thanks.
    Last edited by MossDragon; 2024-05-08 at 01:56 AM. Reason: Pronouns

26. - Top - End - #176

Also gonna say kinda insulted by the weak AF lie there, at least put some work into it.
    He has also been told above this that it would be a bad idea, so there there is a possibility he didn't know until then.
    You call my post insulting, but you’re directly insulting my intelligence here. It doesn’t take more than a modicum of thought for one to figure it out. If you want to argue that I intentionally made a bad play, sure, I’ll still say I didn’t do it, but I’m not so dull that I can’t figure out something this simple.

This was just annoying seriously folks just leave it in and don't post again until narration is over. Editting just looks really suspicious and goes against the ethos of the game.
    How is editing suspicious or against the ethos of the game? I genuinely don’t see how other than it’s fuel for tinfoil, nor was this mentioned anywhere I could find with a glance, as far as I’m aware. That said, I did it specifically because I didn’t click that I should claim next night anyways until the damage was done.

1st, why would you pick Caz? Someone who is either controlled by the narrator and thus wolfleans or more likely is controlled by deadchat. I will say deadchat tends to wolfside. Also we don't know if spectators have the ability to mess with messages, there have been games where that has been a possibility.

Also who sent that? Book Wombat? The Grey we killed? Deadchat? I will be honest I am not actually afraid of being voted on because I know it won't work but I am annoyed if people buy this poorly written out power.

And why not message Kraken? How the heck would your ability "identify the wolf" the dead would have no more knowledge than we do!
    Because I’m more interested in fun than winning, seeing as Cazero is a facet of the narrator and I was more intrigued by what he might say than definitively getting the message from Kracken, 66% is good enough for me and is in itself another kind of fun. Indeed, it’s not impossible that they could mess with it, but considering the fact that my power is already worthless without relying on a dead person's information, I doubt it. Additionally, I could’ve just lied and said I targeted Kracken, and no one would bat an eye, but I don’t care to make this cleaner for myself.

It doesn’t actually tell me who sends what I have to infer, but considering two nights in a row I got exactly one message related to Kracken, I’m not particularly concerned. I will say the only person you’re insulting is the narrator.

You seem to have forgotten Kracken’s role, but yes, this is a pretty useless ability without roles like that; hence, now that I’ve conveyed what I received, it serves no real purpose.

I’m fine with investigating lounge, cafeteria, or not at all
    Last edited by Dakrsidder; 2024-05-08 at 02:04 AM.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

pokes in

Still alive, still functioning. I shall investigate the cafeteria since no-one else is doing that.

Investigating Dakrsidder's power seems sensible, but it would probably be more sensible for someone who isn't guaranteed to be a wolf in town!Dakrsidder worlds to do that.

Anyway, let me run some worldbuilding here, because I think town!Dakrsidder worlds are pretty unlikely. We know Wombat wasn't a wolf, and presumably ccw wouldn't have been nightkilled if they were a wolf, so Kraken wasn't killed by a N1 sulker.

Which means, barring mechanical weirdness, that the investigation of the crime scene was disrupted. Which means (fmpov) that Caoimhin is a wolf. town!Dakrsidder also implies wolf!Athedia evidently, so we have Caoimhin/Athedia w/w. Which... I struggle to construct a world where that's the case given the former's claim.

This logic doesn't hold for not-me people of course, there is a mechanically plausible Snowblaze/Athedia w/w world out there, but since I am me and know I'm town... yeah. Basically either mechanical weirdness is afoot or Dakrsidder is just a wolf.

(There is, uh, a part of me that is not a fan of the "look, just trust me, I'm the best chance we have at winning but I can't tell you why" thing Athedia is doing though. Then again in the world that that's true and whatever it is is ruined by wolves knowing about it... understandable. If whatever it is isn't ruined by wolves knowing about it, imo Athedia should probably claim either now or in day phase.)

Wolf!Dakrsidder worlds will be built shortlyish (what do you mean that isn't a word?)
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 24
    Werewolf games lost: 14
    Games as town: 23.5
    Games as neutral: 5.5
    Games as wolf: 9
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 17

Extended Signature

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

Just noticed something and I have no idea if it's relevant but I figured I might as well point it out. Dakrsidder seems to usually misspell Kraken as Kracken, except in the supposed message from the dead. Which could mean that it's copy-pasted and thus probably legitimate (or it's copy-pasted but still some sort of trick either by Dakrsidder or the dead or the misspellings are an intentional mistake to provoke exactly this response or it's all a great big coincidence. So we probably shouldn't read too much into it. )
    Last edited by Batcathat; 2024-05-08 at 04:27 AM. Reason: "expect" and "except" are different words. :/

29. - Top - End - #179

And screw it, I'm investigating the gym. Let's see if I get my own information back.

Haven't read through anything since my post yet, but the location vote should be blue

- - - Updated - - -

My obsession with blackening is that I don't know how badly it'll effect us. So far not to much, only one of us is blackened I think? We're dying a lot, I think a regular wolf win is more likely than a blackened win or anything like that. So I'll let it lie and stop talking about it.

Call it what you want. I felt like it was 11th hour since it's right before a phase ended.

As for wolves names, no. I don't have the brain to come up with an intelligent original thought that'll make you think I'm worthy. I spent an hour and a half making a spreadsheet of information that's apparently just available, seeing post counts. and I also separated it into day/night cycles and tracked when locations and votes are declared, but whatever.

(I'm not linking my Google sheets. Mostly because I'm embarrassed and feel pretty frustrated at this whole thing. It's one thing to be told I was in the wrong place at the wrong time. It's another to be told that I do nothing but make errors and my logic is stupid).

I don't mind the focus on blackening - we do really need to keep an eye on it. I don't think anyone is blackened from votes - that would come from us voting out a White player (was not in effect Day 1, on Day 2 we voted out Grey). Anyone who kills becomes blackened, so whoever targeted corn is now blackened. If that was Wolves' kill, that's fine, nothing really changes. If it was a vig kill, then it's functionally +1 Wolf and -1 Town for counting how many of each side are left.

How is editing suspicious or against the ethos of the game? I genuinely don’t see how other than it’s fuel for tinfoil, nor was this mentioned anywhere I could find with a glance, as far as I’m aware. That said, I did it specifically because I didn’t click that I should claim next night anyways until the damage was done.
    It's more the way editing can be used - so let's say I vote for Snow in one post, we have a page or two of discussion, and then I go back and edit my post to vote for Bat. Votes are supposed to be clear and public (hence making them bold and red) but sticking it somewhere that it wasn't in the first place is a level of deception that doesn't feel like fair play. We don't wanna be constantly paranoid about re-reading every post to make sure someone hasn't gone back and edited an old post (for anything other than crossing out an old vote).

At least, that's the explanation in my mind. idk if anyone else has different opinions on this. As long as it isn't explicitly against the rules then you're fine, and I don't worry about players messing with their own posts that way since I don't think people would do that.

I should go back and see who is investigating where this morning. I still like the idea of going in pairs, somewhat interested (read: worried) in that there's been no pushback against me and Zelphas going for the body.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    If it was a vig kill, then it's functionally +1 Wolf and -1 Town for counting how many of each side are left.
    ...wait, what? That's how you've been reading it all this time?
    The rule is if every living player is blackened, Black team wins immediately.

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    I wish you could be