Default Re: Lancer: The Beautiful Machine OOC

Here's the best SS I could take from my phone
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Okay NPC actions occurred, the Beastmaster/Elite Strider took it's 2nd activation to move, shoot at Lupo/Dust, pushing them out of the signal zone and doing 6 damage to them. Then also drops some cover in front of them and created a red burst of difficult terrain. Their movement triggered my shotgun's overwatch and it dealt 3 damage to it, not including armor if it has any. Player activation next.
    Spoiler: map
    Show

Last edited by CateranEnforcer; 2024-05-05 at 05:51 PM.

3. - Top - End - #33

RedKnightGirl

Progress Paladin or Zelphas, at free to go. I think there will be an updated map soon. The scout (little one on the west corner) is now in the zone giving invisible to itself and the Strider/Beastmaster.

4. - Top - End - #34

RedKnightGirl

Do you know what you want to do ProgressPaladin? It's you or Zelphas next. I wrote a bunch in discord to try and plan.

In terms of threat my thoughts are thus.

The Hive to the north is a nasty controller. Its a Hacker has swarms of nanittes, and can move us and immobilize us, making chasing the signal a problem. I think it's a high priority target for completing objectives.

The strider is the next one, it appears to have be able to push us as well. It pushed one of us or of the zone already. It'd for 2 structure so we have to deplete it's hp twice but it also has 2 turns each round

Berserker we can't hurt very well until we inflict a status effect. It's also purely melee so it's vulnerable to control effects. It's a problem, but one we can handle.

The scout and bastion won't really stop us from completing the objective, they'll just make it hard to kill the others. The bastion is weak to AP weapons like your Thermal rifle.
    If I were to recommend an action for you and ProgressPaladin, I'd consider not Steadying Aim unfortunately. Both of you could Fire your anti material rifles to try and kill the Hive, move into the zone to guarantee a point for us and put some distance between you and the berserker on the far right.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Sorry I haven’t been posting. I got confused, and now my finals are next week. Sorry to do this a second time in a row, it should be better once I get to summer. I’m sorry for the inconvenience, and will try to right a post as soon as I can.
    For every battle lost, there is a battle won.

6. - Top - End - #36

RedKnightGirl

Yes, there was a lot of confusion, but in think we got the map stuff cleaned up. I want to get a better map up for you but we are waiting on your action for the moment. The situation hasn't changed much.

It was my suggestion to get everyone in the control zone this round of we want to get a point. 3 enemies can reach it so we'd need 4 players to win. The scout and Strider are invisible, making them hard to hit with conventional weapons. I have some save based damage to deal with that next turn. But the Hive coyote be a task headache coming up so it was my suggestion to use your and Zelphas AMR to try to put it down before it did too much harm. It's the only target that would be easy to hit.

Sorry we skipped your first turn but those actions were posted before the signal moved and before the start of round 1. The situation changed.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ProgressPaladin View Post
    Sorry I haven’t been posting. I got confused, and now my finals are next week. Sorry to do this a second time in a row, it should be better once I get to summer. I’m sorry for the inconvenience, and will try to right a post as soon as I can.
    No problem at all! In the interest of keeping the game going I think I'll bot Poltergeist until your back-the PCs can decide what they want them to do if that works, that way I can keep any unintentional DM bias out of making decisions
    “Have no fear, you will find your way. It's in your bones. It's in your soul.”- Mark Z. Danieleweski, House of Leaves

8. - Top - End - #38

RedKnightGirl

We carried our you action to the best of our ability. The only thing we changed was to fire your pistols at the Beastmaster. The Bastion is invisible and unlikely to be hit, and I didn't feel comfortable using your limited system on it.