New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Scion: Hero (OOC)

From my side of course. I would not want to start a fight with a civilian out in the open.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

Hm... you know... I have a power of paralyzing someone with my gaze - maybe we can use that, and then, I dunno... apply handcuffs (do we have something like that?) and try to reason with her?

Just a proposal, ofc ;-)
    LGBTinP 🏳️*🌈, Furry 🐾, European 🇪🇺 & Schizophreniac ♿, possibly a Weirdo 😜
    Fursona by Sirodbcollie from Twitter

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

3. - Top - End - #183
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kaworu View Post
    Hm... you know... I have a power of paralyzing someone with my gaze - maybe we can use that, and then, I dunno... apply handcuffs (do we have something like that?) and try to reason with her?

Just a proposal, ofc ;-)
    Then we'd be better of using Liliana's geas instant hypnosis knack.
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Depending on how this shakes out, Brand will try to surreptitiously Vigil Brand her as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darths & Droids
    When you combine the two most devious, sneaky, manipulative, underhanded, cunning, and diabolical forces in the known universe, the consequences can be world-shattering. Those forces are, of course, players and GMs.
    Optimization Trophies

Looking for a finished webcomic to read, or want to recommend one to others? Check out my Completed Webcomics You'd Recommend II thread!

Or perhaps you want something Halloweeny for the season? Halloween Webcomics II

5. - Top - End - #185
    Colossus in the Playground

Okay, I have a possibly-not-needed clarification to offer, and a clarification to request.

Serpent's Gaze will stop her from breaking eye contact as long as Mateusz doesn't break it, and inflict a -2 dice penalty on anything she does in the meantime (assuming she doesn't have Legend at least equal to Mateusz's). It will guarantee she doesn't go anywhere (because she can't break eye contact) but not guarantee she doesn't attack anyone (and she can still see Max out of her peripheral vision unless Mateusz makes a point of blocking him from her view).

Clarification request: Max's stated activation condition is her taking a hostile action against him. If she were to, say, attack Mateusz, would that draw a reaction from Max?

(Liliana is still the one up now, in any event.)

6. - Top - End - #186
    Troll in the Playground

Willpower is 5/7 now.

Not sure if I can do this without breaking mateusz ability.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Serpent's Gaze will stop her from breaking eye contact as long as Mateusz doesn't break it, and inflict a -2 dice penalty on anything she does in the meantime (assuming she doesn't have Legend at least equal to Mateusz's). It will guarantee she doesn't go anywhere (because she can't break eye contact) but not guarantee she doesn't attack anyone (and she can still see Max out of her peripheral vision unless Mateusz makes a point of blocking him from her vision.
    Wait, doesn't Serpent's Gaze force Inactivity on the victim?
    When you combine the two most devious, sneaky, manipulative, underhanded, cunning, and diabolical forces in the known universe, the consequences can be world-shattering. Those forces are, of course, players and GMs.
    Optimization Trophies

Looking for a finished webcomic to read, or want to recommend one to others? Check out my Completed Webcomics You'd Recommend II thread!

8. - Top - End - #188

Ah yes, I misread. It doesn't force inactivity on Mateusz. She's frozen for now, but yes, Liliana will need to break it so she can make eye contact with the woman.
    Last edited by Kish; 2024-05-08 at 05:08 AM.

9. - Top - End - #189

Planetar

Okay, I have a possibly-not-needed clarification to offer, and a clarification to request.

Clarification request: Max's stated activation condition is her taking a hostile action against him. If she were to, say, attack Mateusz, would that draw a reaction from Max?

(Liliana is still the one up now, in any event.)
    Technically Guard is a 3 tick action (which I am taking at tick 1 and tick 4) that can be interrupted on any tick for any reason, it doesn’t require setting up a trigger. I was just making clear that if she attacks me I will respond. I still have the ability to choose to break guard to respond to other actions. And since we declare in reverse order of the original roll (is that right or I am thinking werewolf rules) I declare my action after the old lady.

10. - Top - End - #190

There's no declaring actions in advance of taking them in Scion. People who act on the same tick act simultaneously, which can mean two people attack each other and both die. Both Guard and Aim can be interrupted in favor of another action at any time, but as this game isn't taking place in real time, I'm not going to pause after every tick to ask people taking interruptible actions "do you do something else now?" so please describe the conditions under which you'll interrupt such actions when taking them.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Troll in the Playground

@Kish, something I want to highlight in the instant hypnosis ability is that normal mortals have to take the command in the spirit it was intended in (in this case: provide information).

Those with a legend score however can rules lawyer it and take it literally.

Since she seems to be doing the latter, can I presume she is not a normal mortal?

12. - Top - End - #192

The Scion can give as specific an order as he pleases, and a mortal cannot interpret it in any way other than the spirit in which it was intended. A fellow Scion can interpret it loosely to his own advantage, as per Overt Order, but doing so costs him a point of Willpower.
    She's not resisting; I can have her give longer answers though.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Troll in the Playground

She's not resisting; I can have her give longer answers though.
    If you could? I'd appreciate it.

14. - Top - End - #194

There. She's not going to elaborate greatly unprompted, for...reasons, but you can--any of you can, for that matter--give a general idea of what information you're asking her about instead of specific dialogue questions, if you want, and she'll answer pretty much anything now.

15. - Top - End - #195

Planetar

Intelligence Occult (6d10)[4][3][9][2][6][7](31) +2 Epic successes

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Int + Occult
    (2d10)[7][6](13)
    Optimization Trophies

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

+2 Epic Int
    Optimization Trophies

18. - Top - End - #198
    Troll in the Playground

(8d10)[4][8][9][2][6][1][10][7](47) +2 epic int

Also, once we're done questioning her I do have a followup that should deal with her urge to kill us(modifying her memory if this encounter).

19. - Top - End - #199

Her hostility toward all strangers, her apparent extreme stupidity, and her and others' apparent worship of Mog all suggest probably the most common of titanspawn: a giant.

If you want to get confirmation of that and/or narrow down what type of giant despite her inability to describe Mog's appearance, followup questions that come to mind include:

"Does Mog feed you and the others his blood?"
    "Are you certain Mog has two eyes?"
    "Does the temperature change close to Mog?"
    "Do Mog's features appear sooty?"

20. - Top - End - #200

BardGuy

Int (2) + Occult ( 3) + 1 Automatic Success

(5d10)[4][8][2][4][8](26)

21. - Top - End - #201

If you're whispering loudly enough that the entire group can hear you she's going to hear you, but of course she's 1) currently unable to react, and 2) planning to kill you all anyway.