New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Boruto Two Blue Vortex (Unmarked Spoilers for Part 1)

Spoiler
    Show
    On review, the place where Boruto and ashin Koji are handing out when they realize that the Shinju have attacked Konoha appears to be either one of Orochimaru's hide outs or perhaps Ryuchi Cave.

...In the Boruto Anime, a mini-arc where Mitsuki went awol for a bit involved Boruto and several others going to Ryuchi Cave to find a lead and, due to a misunderstanding, Boruto was made to take the trials to become the Snake Sage. The misunderstanding was cleared up but given that all the "filler" in the Anime is broad strokes canon I'm wondering... It's not like they can go to the Toads to learn sage techniques, but Ryuchi Cave is partially in another dimension so might have been untouched by Omnipotence.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Boruto Two Blue Vortex (Unmarked Spoilers for Part 1)

Spoiler: New Chapter
    Show
    So, we open up with a brief recap of what the Shinju are there for: Kawaki explcitly says that Shikamaru should have opened with "Himawari is in danger" and rushes off to protect her, forgetting about Boruto, while Boruto states that his Kama acting up is a "minor issue" and he just needs a break.

The Sasuke Shinju continues to have no understanding of how anything works, going to fr as to why the Leaf Ninja are "interfering" with the Shinju's tresspass as he blocks them from following Jura as he goes after Himawari.

There's some confusion because the Sasuke Shinju's chakra is an exact match of Sasuke's but he doesn't "look" Like Sasuke as far as Konohamaru and the other Leaf Jonin are concerned... And then Sumire and Sarada arrive to assist and the Sasuke Shinju immediately recognizes his target and goes on the attack. Sarada manages to dodge a chidori and counter with one of her own, but then Sarada asks the Shinju who he is.

Back to Himawari's mind, Kurama introduces himself properly and we get exposition for what's up with that: Kurama and Himawari are currently a single body and soul. Outside, Team 10 are trying to wake up because form their perspective she just straight up passed out and Jura is hot on their trail.

Meanwhile, Kurama elaborates, referring to the Kurama in Naruto as his "previous self" he goes on to note that even if a Tailed Beast's body and soul are extinguished, over time they'll eventually turn up again so it's not clear if tis is actually Kurama returned to life or if he's just a copy with the OG's memories, but either way he's surprised that he came back so soon and was reborn through Himawari and speculates that it's the result of Himawari having inherited a sliver of his chakra from NAruto coupled with the comingling of her Hyuga and Uzumaki Blood that made it posisble. He then goes onto say that regardless of how and why it happened that it has happened and they should move on, and Himawarki further intorduces herself to Kurama and kurama is impressed by how well she's taking it.

Back outside, Jura is still in hot pursuit as Himawari wakes up and declares "kurama, do something" there's no response at first as Jurama manages to shoot down Inojin's bird. Chocho manages to save everyone by massively inflating her belly. Jura catches up and compliments Team 10 before noting that he's going to regret killing them.

Himawari begs Kurama's help again, but Kurama basically tells her not to be a brat and she's the only one who can do anything: Whether she uses his power or not is ultimately her decision, he can't force anything which is... different from Naruto. She then says that he makes ti sound so easy and Kurama clarifies that her chakra is more compatible with his than anyone else he's been sealed in, even Naruto's, and that she should just let go of what preconceptions she has about how this works because her future looks dim regardless.

so she just straight up attacks Jurama and gets grabbed by the ankle, which Jura breaks. Inojin screams her name, and then attacks Jura while Himawari laments that there's nothing she can do as Jura uses wood release to destroy Inojin's summoned drawing and capture Himawari.

We get explanation that "Devour" as the Shinju are using it isn't revering to literally eating someone, but rather to trappign them in a tree and siphoning their power much like what happened to the people who bit claw grimes. He explcitly states that Himawari won't die, but she will eventually stop feeling anything... Including the ankle he just broke, as if tiny got comforted her about her fate.

Inojin attacks Jura again, Jura proceeds to kick his ass, as himawari's face is free she begs Jura to leave Team 10 out of this, and Jura's like I won't to but they won't stop. Why won't they stop?"

Jura impales Inojin and then has a moment where he realizes that he likes the aesthetic of someone impaled on his wood release, Himari who is almost fully sealed in the tree begins crying and then the tree she's trapped in explodes.

Cue Himawari in Initial Jinchuriki Mode, with Kurama noting that she's snaped and laughs about how they're about to run amok.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks