New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: IC II: DH The Purity of Sacrifice

Orla only grins at Hound's assessment of her etiquette.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    The man shrugs at Orla's first reply, even chuckling at her suggestion about a stabbing. He replies, "Unfortunately, such an action would probably be frowned on by our host," his voice filled with humor. He even pauses for a moment to lay a playful glare at the man behind him.
    'Oh, so you know the General do you? Lord...?' Orla leaves an opening for the man to introduce himself, or possibly correct her. 'I like his house.'

2. - Top - End - #692
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Orla's question about the man's acquaintance with the General causes the man to grin again, showing that several of his teeth are capped with gold. Mirthfully, he replies, "Casmirre," before turning his back to face the group of card players and sitting himself back down in his large, lovingly carved wooden chair. Ignoring Orla, Rogue Trader Perrus Casmirre begins reaching across the table and bellows, "Give me yer cards. I'm dealing, since the lot of yeh can't be trusted!"

The faces of the group of men at the table are filled with fear, visible even in those who are trying not to show it.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

3. - Top - End - #693
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Hound glances over quickly at Orla when Casmirre has turned away and returned to the table. "This should be interesting news to relay to 'Master Jarkov'. If he can get in with Casmirre here, that could open up a path to Lord Durchesse," he whispers.

4. - Top - End - #694
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by rax View Post
    Hound glances over quickly at Orla when Casmirre has turned away and returned to the table. "This should be interesting news to relay to 'Master Jarkov'. If he can get in with Casmirre here, that could open up a path to Lord Durchesse," he whispers.
    'You think Jarkov is any good at cards?' Orla whispers back. 'I know I'm not.'

5. - Top - End - #695
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

"Let's step outside and ask him," Hound suggests.

Making his way back into the corridor, he calls Ezekiel on his micro-bead. "Sir - we have located Lord Durchesse and Rogue Trader Casmirre one floor up. Lord Durchesse does not seem approachable at this time, but Casmirre is in the midst of a card game and more open to small talk. Perhaps you could invite yourself to join the game as a means of making contact?" he speaks quietly into the bead.

6. - Top - End - #696
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Hound waits for a moment as all he hears is static coming from the micro-bead, and then the Interrogator's voice comes in. "Yes, yes! That sounds lovely," he says, his voice slightly far-off sounding in the comm, "Would you give me just one second?" There is static for a another second, and then Ezekiel's voice comes in more clearly, though his tone bellies annoyance, "Why don't you come down here and talk to me?" Then he cuts the line.

Assuming Hound and Orla obey, they come back downstairs and wander through the area for another almost ten minutes till they find Interrogator Ezekiel standing and talking with a pair of women. From appearances, one is an older woman, dressed in white and red laces, her wiry white hair tight tight in an ornate bun. She stands talking to Ezekiel with regal poise, one hand holding a goblet of amsec, the other resting on a gilded ivory cane. Her companion is a younger woman, equally well dressed, but youthful and full bodied. She keeps a hand lovingly at the back of her older companion, and sips at a glass of straw colored wine from a fluted glass. The two chuckle at some joke of the Interrogators, and it is hard to tell who is falling for his charms more strongly.

Out of the corner of his eye, Ezekiel catches the approaching acolytes. Refusing to acknowledge them, he leans close to the older woman and places a gloved hand on the one of hers resting on the cane. "Give me just one moment dear," he says, as if she was a favored aunt, before giving her a polite bow of the head, turning and intercepting the acolytes before they can come to close to his party. "What is it," he asks loudly with annoyance, so that the women can hear, though with his back turned to them, they can't see the look of sincere concern in the Interrogator's eyes.
    Show

7. - Top - End - #697
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by rax View Post
    "Let's step outside and ask him," Hound suggests.
    'Or I suppose we could ask Milo. Hasn't he got money to lose?' If Casmirre wasn't actually going to kill amyone Orla will follow Hound downstairs. She'll nod to Kertz the guard on the way past.

Orla will try not to look too amused at the Interrogator's situation as she leans forward and speak quietly in his ear, 'You want to meet Casmirre boss? I'd offer to join his game but it would get me into trouble fast.'

8. - Top - End - #698
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Orla will try not to look too amused at the Interrogator's situation as she leans forward and speak quietly in his ear, 'You want to meet Casmirre boss? I'd offer to join his game but it would get me into trouble fast.'
    The Interrogator opens his mouth to speak, eyes wide with surprise, and then he shuts his jaw with an audible click of his teeth. Under his breath Ezekiel asks, "The Rogue Trader is here? Where?" his eyes darting about the room in suspicion. Through gritted teeth, he adds, "Unbelievable that Drimmle would have him invited. What is he doing?"

Before either Orla or Hound can reply, The Interrogator's eyes glance over at his two female companions, making sure they were not attempting to listen in or picking up on the tension that had suddenly settled over his group.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #699
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    The Interrogator opens his mouth to speak, eyes wide with surprise, and then he shuts his jaw with an audible click of his teeth. Under his breath Ezekiel asks, "The Rogue Trader is here? Where?" his eyes darting about the room in suspicion. Through gritted teeth, he adds, "Unbelievable that Drimmle would have him invited. What is he doing?"

Before either Orla or Hound can reply, The Interrogator's eyes glance over at his two female companions, making sure they were not attempting to listen in or picking up on the tension that had suddenly settled over his group.
    Assuming the Interrogator wasn't interrupted Orla will add, 'At the moment, gambling upstairs.' On the matter of why he was invited, 'Maybe he knows the General.' It seemed likely to her that most rich people probably knew each other.

10. - Top - End - #700
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"Of course," Ezekiel says under his breath when he finds out The Rogue Trader is upstairs gambling. The man's expression softens though and a wry smirk spreads across his face. He pats both HOund and Orla on the shoulder and says, "Good work." He eyes the two women again before saying with hushed voice, "I'm hesitant to make contact, though I don't know how easy it will be to spy on him. Any chance either of you are good at cards?"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Is there an in universe card game people play? I think Regicide is their chess...
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2024-05-13 at 05:30 PM.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #701
    Ettin in the Playground

Orla glances towards Hound before turning back, 'I know how to lose. Doesn't seem that useful. And he already threatened one of the other players for cheating.'

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

I feel like I saw what was basically poker somewhere. Other then that I don't know anything official.

Orla isn't rich enough to be good at gambling so she doesn't have the skill. So I suppose it depends what else she might be able to roll for it.

Unless we ask Milo

12. - Top - End - #702
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

"Sir, as you well know, I am a scribe, not a gentleman of leisure - I have no facility with games of chance. However, as you are here to make useful connections, then perhaps this is simply a situation where sacrifices now will lead to the opportunities you seek later," Hound suggests.

OOC: Haval has brought up the idea of using Milo to gamble, and if Ezekiel doesn't want to take the plunge, perhaps that's the best idea, but I have no clue as to whether or not Milo has Gamble as a trained skill.

13. - Top - End - #703
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The Interrogator frowns, his lips drawing tight on his well structured face. "The Rogue Trader has likely been to Carcus," he says almost with a sigh under his breath, "I've done as best I can to research my cover, but it would be risky meeting him face to face. He may be able to find cracks in my identity." He shrugs and adds, "Besides, gambling well isn't really the point. Just to get as much info from being around him as possible. If gambling is off the table, maybe just being around him and watching."

Spoiler: OOC: On Milo
    Show
    Honestly my goal, preference is that the PCs are doing most of the interesting things, as I feel having the Interrogator be the focal point will be less fun. That is kind of my concern with using Father Milo as well. Having checked his character sheet, he does not have gamble, but of course has a bunch of other social skills.

I'd be okay with Milo getting involved, but would suggest having one of the players RP as him instead, for the same reason I am hesitant to have the Interrogator "steal the scene". Let me know your thoughts.
    Show