New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 25404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,500 of 1513
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Cataclysm (AD&D Ravenloft -> PF1 Conversion) INC Thread

Helen did cast another Acid Splash at another wolf. She was thinking whether she should use maybe a Magic Missile or something, but maybe the situation was not too serious yet? What if later that day she would have some trouble and she would overuse right now her most potent magic?

Spoiler
    Show

ATTACK: (1d20+3)[10]

DMG: (1d3)[3]

LGBTinP 🏳️*🌈, Furry 🐾, European 🇪🇺 & Schizophreniac ♿, possibly a Weirdo 😜
    Fursona by Sirodbcollie from Twitter

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Firbolg in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Cheyanne Julus
    Female Lawful Good Half-Orc Monk/Paladin/Champion of Irori, Level 3/2/0, Init 5, HP 52/52, Speed 40 ft
    AC 25, Touch 18, Flat-footed 17, CMD 25, Fort 16, Ref 13, Will 14, CMB +8, Base Attack Bonus 4
    Sansetsukon +7 (1d10+4, 19-20/x2)
    Double-Chained Kama +7 (1d6+3/1d6+3 or 1d6+4, 20/x2)
    Siangham +7 (1d6+3, 20/x2)
    Bracers of Armor (+2) or Mage Armor, Amulet of Natural Armor +2 (+4 Armor, +2 DEX, +6 CHA +3 Natural AC)
    Abilities Str 16, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 23
    Condition Smite Evil 1/1 used today
    Lay on Hands 0/7 used today
    "Hah! It will take more than that to hit a disciple of the Master of Masters!" Cheyanne laughs when the wolf's bite appears to miss her for no clear reason at all. "I am blessed and not so easily bitten! Now take that and that!" she says, striking the attacking wolf twice with her staff.

More quietly she asks Ted in a fervent whisper, "Ted - your eyes! They look like theirs! Why?"

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    5-ft step if it will get a flanking bonus. Any bonuses earned are not included in the to-hit rolls below.

Flurry of blows, again, though this time on the same wolf (the one who bit at her last round).

Sansetsukon attack #1: (1d20+6)[11] to hit, (1d20+6)[19] (19-20/x2), (1d10+4)[11] bludgeoning damage, (1d10+4)[8] critical strike damage.
    Sansetsukon attack #2: (1d20+6)[23] to hit, (1d20+6)[11] (19-20/x2), (1d10+4)[11] bludgeoning damage, (1d10+4)[5] critical strike damage.

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Bugbear in the Playground

Grey - HP: 43\43 - Conditions: None - Active Effects: Cloak of Darkness (1 Hr.), Remove Fear (10 min.)

---------------

Grey throws a puzzled glance at Cheyanne, a bit weirded she talks so much during a fight for their lives - he loves to talk, but to him when weapons are drawn the time for words is over. And so Grey let's his blade keep the "conversation" up, trying to finish the cursed wolf\person for good.

Spoiler
    Show
    Grey attacks the same wolf (1d20+6)[15] (+2 if flanking) (Confirmation roll (1d20+6)[26]) Damage (1d4+3)[7] Animal Bane (2d6)[3]
    "Rabbit has Brain. That's why he never understands anything."

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

Startled at Cheyenne’s question, he takes another look at the rabid beasts he is helping to put down. Are these not only my foes, but also, my future?

”If you doubt my humanity, best to discuss it later.”

As to which side he is currently on, he lets his axe do the talking, swinging at another wounded wolf.

OOC: Attack (1d20+14)[17], damage (3d6+11)[20]

Add +2 to attack if he can flank

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Helen's acid orb flies wild and misses the wolf, Cheyannes first attack misses entirely while her second attack connects it barely bruises the thick hide of the wolf. When Grey gets the chance the shank the wolf, the magic of his dagger fails to penetrate the thick hide.

[My bad, its my turn]

The two remaining wolves turn tail and flee, outmatched. Ted, Cheyanne, and Grey can take AoO. Rose can take a pop shot as they flee.
    Last edited by Darius Vibrtrar; 2024-05-09 at 06:42 PM.
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Spamalot in the Playground

"Were are you going, pup?" Rose quips as she lunges forward to strike the fleeing wolf.

Spoiler: Action
    Show
    Attack with the cane sword: (1d20+6)[11]
    Damage on a hit: (1d6)[6] piercing +(1d6)[6] fire +(1d6)[2] electric.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

7. - Top - End - #1477

NecromancerGuy

Cheyanne Julus
    Female Lawful Good Half-Orc Monk/Paladin/Champion of Irori, Level 3/2/0, Init 5, HP 52/52, Speed 40 ft
    AC 25, Touch 18, Flat-footed 17, CMD 25, Fort 16, Ref 13, Will 14, CMB +8, Base Attack Bonus 4
    Bracers of Armor (+2) or Mage Armor, Amulet of Natural Armor +2 (+4 Armor, +2 DEX, +6 CHA +3 Natural AC)
    Apparently confident in the vile nature of the remaining wolves, Cheyanne swings her staff once more, aiming to club the one that bit at her as it flees.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    AoO: Sansetsukon: (1d20+7)[27] to hit, (1d20+7)[13] (19-20/x2), (1d10+4)[11] bludgeoning damage, (1d10+4)[7] critical strike damage.

Once it's clear the fight is over and the wolves have well and truly fled Cheyanne looks to Ted with some concern - for him. "Ted...these are obviously werewolves...Have you been bitten? We will be loyal and help you if you've been infected..." she whispers urgently as she looks into his eyes, hoping to see the amber color fade as the batter ends.

8. - Top - End - #1478

Grey - HP: 43\43 - Conditions: None - Active Effects: Cloak of Darkness (1 Hr.), Remove Fear (10 min.)

---------------

Grey throws a quick stab at the fleeing wolf, even though he does not expect the strike to be that effective; and sure he does not follow the wolves in the forest, happy to have won the fight without a scratch.

"Was anyone injured?" he then asks the others, now looking at Ted when he notices the concern Cheyanne shows "...should we start worrying?" Grey throws a puzzled look at the two warriors.

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

As you essentially paddle the wolves as they flee, they give a yelp as you are hardly able to deal lasting damage. Moments later you see the wife poke her head outside to see if you are alright. Seeing the dead man and woman laying in the moonlight she cries out.

"I know them! Thats my neighbor Jackques! He's been jealous of our farm for years!!! And that's a girl from Skald. I'm sure I've seen her at the market!"
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

10. - Top - End - #1480

NecromancerGuy

Cheyanne Julus
    Cheyanne looks away from Ted and moves to check for a pulse on the two fallen werewolves. "They were [evil]," she mutters, placing special emphasis on the word so that any of her allies nearby hear. "Do we make sure they stay down, or try and make sure they live? It's clear they didn't have any merciful intentions as far as this family is concerned..."

11. - Top - End - #1481

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny Commando View Post
    "Was anyone injured?"
    "I'm alright, no scratches," Rose answers. She deactivates and then cleans the blade with her magic. She sheaths it and watches the woods out of some bit of paranoia.

Quote Originally Posted by Darius Vibrtrar View Post
    "I know them! Thats my neighbor Jackques! He's been jealous of our farm for years!!! And that's a girl from Skald. I'm sure I've seen her at the market!"
    Rose furls her eyebrows hearing the town Skald in that last sentence. It shouldn't be surprising.
    "Well, on a positive note, you'll probably get different neighbors."

Quote Originally Posted by DarkOne-Rob View Post
    "They were [evil]," she mutters, placing special emphasis on the word so that any of her allies nearby hear. "Do we make sure they stay down, or try and make sure they live? It's clear they didn't have any merciful intentions as far as this family is concerned..."
    "Are they dead? If they're dead I would suggest cremation and some prayers. Last thing we need is a necromancer passing by and thinking this is a yard sale."

Rose has a thought and breaks out the 'Of Flora and Fauna' book to look up something.
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2024-05-10 at 09:27 PM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

12. - Top - End - #1482
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

Ted’s eyes begin to turn back to normal as his rage subsides.

”I did not get bit. Didn’t we have this discussion in the jail already? I haven’t been the same since I was sent back from the dead. I don’t know more than that. If my condition gets worse then … we’ll see.”

As for these creatures, unless you know a way to make them human again, we should let them die. Cremation is fine but we do have a convenient pit for a grave.”

13. - Top - End - #1483

Quote Originally Posted by kinem View Post
    ”Cremation is fine but we do have a convenient pit for a grave.”
    "Firepit?" Rose idly suggests as she scans through the book. Her comment might be subconscious because the wizard is looking around the farm, back to the book, over at the farm again, now back to the book. As she's doing this, she raises an eyebrow, furls both, or just flips to the back to find something... eventually she stops on a page, thinks, and lowers the book slightly.

"So... I wondered if there was anything specific on this farm that would attract a werewolf to come murder the owners for, but best I can find is that this is just a really fine plot of land for farming. Like, if Jackques weren't a werewolf he might still try to kill for this land."

"However, something else caught my attention," Rose switches subject to a related note of the night. "Right here, a wolf-were-- a wolf that can turn into a man under the light of the moon. Think that's what those pups were we fought off?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist

14. - Top - End - #1484

---------------

"People usually do not get back from the dead unless there are priests involved. Whatever happened to Ted, guess we should expect side effects." Grey grimly shares his thoughts on the matter, but given that Ted is not in (or is a) danger right now, he turns to the dead attackers.

"...maybe?" Grey shrugs and says back to Rose "It was quite weird. I mean, my dagger should not work on people, changed or not." he then throws a look at Maria "That would be all? Jealousy? But why now, I wonder. Why attacking your family now. You sure you told us everything?" Grey's inquiry is full of suspicion now.

15. - Top - End - #1485
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Maria looks to grey.

"We take good care of our farm, he must have gotten enough.... support from women like this to help him so he felt confident that he could finally scare us away and take it."

She frowns at the bodies.

"We can toss them in the pit that Ted dug up. And in the morning, we can walk over to his farm, see if we can find you lot a reward for your heroism, yea?"
    Festival of Heroes:

16. - Top - End - #1486

NecromancerGuy

Cheyanne Julus
    At the suggestion of taking from the farmstead of the recently deceased Cheyanne's expression darkens, but she holds her tongue.

Turning to Ted she apologizes, saying, "I'm sorry for pointing it out so many times - it's just shocking to see such a vibrant amber color when you get angry...I trust you, my friend. If you ever need help, you can count on me."

Then she begins to drag the corpses towards the pit, intent on burying them immediately.

17. - Top - End - #1487
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

Ted replies ”It’s alright, I understand.

And search the bodies before dumping them. It would be wrong to waste any useful items they might have, given our situation.”

18. - Top - End - #1488
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

As you pull the bodies from the openess of the field, you pull them out of the moonlight as both bodies shift into their respective wolf forms. The dark haired man turns into a large Black Furred Wolf, and the dark haired female turns into a grey haired Wolf. After a moment of searching you do not see anything that is one either of them.
    Festival of Heroes:

19. - Top - End - #1489

---------------

Grey grunts in response to Maria and her explanation on why her family have been targeted; he still looks unconvinced, but seems to opt for a shrug and a change of topic "Right, let's burn them. I mean, it would also send a message to the ones that have fled - come back at your risk." Grey says with a smirk, then nods and pats his companions on the shoulder "Good job, everyone. Just a pity your mid-battle banter was a bit wasted on these monsters, doubt they could appreciate your sassy quips or your righteous fury. Next time, I guess."

20. - Top - End - #1490

NecromancerGuy

Cheyanne Julus
    It is with some consternation that Cheyanne notes the werewolves changing shape based on the moonlight, even after death. "This is awkward - back into the moonlight, I guess," she explains as she drags them back until they shift back into their humanoid forms. Then, once they're looted she considers Grey's idea of burning them. "Burning is also cleaner...but takes longer...and wood. Let's get them to the pit and collect wood in the morning. I'm tired and we should get back inside for now."

21. - Top - End - #1491

"People usually do not get back from the dead unless there are priests involved. Whatever happened to Ted, guess we should expect side effects." Grey grimly shares his thoughts on the matter, but given that Ted is not in (or is a) danger right now, he turns to the dead attackers.

"...maybe?" Grey shrugs and says back to Rose "It was quite weird. I mean, my dagger should not work on people, changed or not."
    Rose gives Ted a look over, but regardless of whatever might be going on with her friend, Ted is still her friend. "Whatever the side-effects, we'll help!" Rose encourages.

To the dagger, she scratches at one of her ears. "I guess the dagger just knows its preferred victims?"

"And in the morning, we can walk over to his farm, see if we can find you lot a reward for your heroism, yea?"
    Rose ponders for a moment, then adds, "It would be divine if he has a journal with a who's who list among were-kind."

As you pull the bodies from the openness of the field, you pull them out of the moonlight as both bodies shift into their respective wolf forms.
    The fact the bodies do this while dead unnerves Rose greatly.

"Right, let's burn them. I mean, it would also send a message to the ones that have fled - come back at your risk." Grey says
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkOne-Rob View Post
    "Burning is also cleaner...but takes longer...and wood. Let's get them to the pit and collect wood in the morning."
    Once the bodies are in the pit, Rose holds up a hand, palm pointed at the bodies below. "Wood? Well I have a grease spell if you want deep-fried canine. Who wants to light it?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist

22. - Top - End - #1492
    Ogre in the Playground

Helen was strangely quiet the whole time. When the attackers have been in the were-wolfy form, it was really easy to think of them as just monsters and nothing else. But... now, that she had seen their bodies in human forms, she couldn't help but think of herself as a kind of murderer - plus, she was considering what went wrong from their childchood and into adult life to make them who they were. Surely, there was bitting by a erewolf, but what else? What made them lost their innocence?

She was holding her holy symbol and praying silently, with closed eyes.

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

23. - Top - End - #1493
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

Ted pulls out his flint and steel and tries to get a fire going.

”We don’t know the full story here. What we did was because we had to. May they rest in peace.”

24. - Top - End - #1494
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

By the next morning, the bodies are burned, buried and consecrated. The group is able to rest and replenish spells. And even receive a full cottage breakfast as Maria pulls out all the stops for you. Afterwards she guides you to her neighbors farm. The farmstead is nice enough, but it lacks something that Maria's Farm has, some aesthetic that is hard to point to, but is very present.

"See if that murderer had anything of value, its yours to keep, hopefully my next neighbor will be nicer."
    Festival of Heroes:

25. - Top - End - #1495

Rose watches the windows of the farmstead here. "Definitely hope you have better new neighbors," she agrees with the mother.

She is watching to see if there are any old neighbors still about the house...

Perception 12 (in ooc)
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2024-05-16 at 05:41 AM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

26. - Top - End - #1496
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Spoiler: rose
    Show
    you do not perceive anyone inside
    Festival of Heroes:

27. - Top - End - #1497

Grey - HP: 43\43 - Conditions: Dazzled - Active Effects: None

---------------

Grey is somewhat tired, staying up most of the night has taken a toll - and being out in the sun is not helping. Still, the promise of a reward gives him enough strength to approach the house (dagger in hand, of course) and find an entrance to start rummaging through whatever stuff might be of some value; Grey does not look bothered in the least by what could amount to looting, clearly used to help himself to someone else's property.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception roll, just in case (1d20+6)[23]

28. - Top - End - #1498
    Ogre in the Playground

Helen was moving carefully in the house, looking about as she was passing the items inside.

- Searching for treasure is nice and all - she said - but... Maybe we should look for some evidence whether they had contact with other werewolves or not? You know, this is kinda a ciritical knowledge right now. One of the werewolves was a Bard, he probably knew how to read and write, right?

Spoiler
    Show

Perception:

(1d20+3)[17]

Last edited by Kaworu; 2024-05-16 at 04:48 PM.

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

29. - Top - End - #1499

Quote Originally Posted by Kaworu View Post
    "but... Maybe we should look for some evidence whether they had contact with other werewolves or not? You know, this is kinda a ciritical knowledge right now. One of the werewolves was a Bard, he probably knew how to read and write, right?"
    Rose follows Helen inside and keeps close just to have a Buddy System going in case the house was boobytrapped. "Well, there are tribal skalds that pass down their knowledge only through verbal teachings, but at the very least maybe we can find a diary or some letters... perhaps there's a study?"

Rose looks to see if there is an area that serves as a writing desk, or study.

Perception: (1d20+7)[10]
    Digo Dragon - Artist

30. - Top - End - #1500

NecromancerGuy

Cheyanne Julus
    "May their souls find justice...and then peace if it's possible," prays Cheyanne seriously over the dead werewolves. She keeps the rest of her thoughts to herself, though she obviously enjoys the hearty breakfast, going back for seconds and even thirds if there is enough food.

At the neighboring cottage Cheyanne is the last to enter, taking her time outside, first watching for signs of threats, and then looking about the grounds to try and find tracks, a trail, or any other signs of foot traffic. "I don't want any of us to be surprised while we look inside," she explains, clearly uncomfortable with looting the place...and perhaps the dark tenor of the farmstead. "This place doesn't feel right either, as if something were off in a sinister way..."

Once satisfied that all is safe, the Iroran goes inside and joins in the search, patiently turning over everything and diligently checking for any signs of hidden rooms or closets.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Outside Cheyanne will use Detect Evil, just to see what she can learn from scanning the werewolves' farmstead.

Perception: (1d20+9)[24]. If allowed, Cheyanne will take 20 to get a 29 from searching the house.