New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: IC: CtL 2E New Orleans by Night

Laura notes Annie's pride. 'I'm not going to ask why you seem so sure of that Annie, but I would certainly like to believe it.' If Gentry didn't have blindspots none of them would have escaped Arcadia in the first place. 'Anyway, I don't want to get noticed on the way in if we can help it. Ideally the Gardener will never know we were there.
    Annie shrugs at this, her lips pulled tightly together. She replies flatly, "Trust me, I don't think any of us want to get caught sneaking around Arcadia."

'Least it was a good deal then. I almost want to comb the market a bit to see what else I can turn up, but I think Sarah's waited too long already.'
    It is the Hobgoblin who speaks up in reply to this. "Should we go find your friend Giant then, if he is going to give us the information we need," Snoot asks with growing excitement.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    It is the Hobgoblin who speaks up in reply to this. "Should we go find your friend Giant then, if he is going to give us the information we need," Snoot asks with growing excitement.
    'He's probably waiting to hear from me. Alright, let's go find Giant. You ever been to New Orleans Snoot?'

3. - Top - End - #273
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Snoot opens its mouth, but Annie cuts in before the Hobgoblin can answer. Crossing her arms back over her chest, she says in a now all too familiar tone, "It is probably better Snoot does not come with us if we are leaving the Hedge."

Snoot's eyes are wide, but it's hard to tell by the thing's lumpy face if the expression is fear or excitement. Again Snoot starts to reply, but then Errol speaks up. "Should we, uh, just ask Giant to meet us here maybe?" he asks, in a tone that almost makes it seem like he is eager to agree with Annie.

Laura had Giant's number, and it was ultimately up to her to reach out to him. She could make whatever decision she thought was best.
    Show

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ettin in the Playground

Laura grins at Snoot, 'Another time maybe.'

Then she'll call Giant. Assuming he answers, 'Hey. I've met some people who want to come with us.' Saying it aloud did make everything seem more achievable. 'They have questions. You want to come and join us?'

5. - Top - End - #275
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Giant does pick up the phone, though when he speaks his voice is more distant and the sound is filled with an odd wavering distortion. "You have," he asks in his rough tree bark voice, filled with surprise and excitement, "That... that's great! Absolutely! Where are you guys."

Giant will come meet Laura and companions wherever he's told, arriving with nervous excitement. The towering tree man is wearing a checked flannel shirt over a white T, his black hipster jeans stretched to capacity over his massive tree-trunk legs. He waves as he approaches, eyes scanning the motley pensively.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ettin in the Playground

While they were waiting Laura has moved the party to somewhere they could get food and drink if anyone needed it. She'll make her introductions, 'Giant, this is Snoot, Annie and Errol. All of who come recommended. Guys this is Giant, the one I told you about.'

After everyone was seated, 'Giant, normally I wouldn't want to ask anyone about what it was like for them over there. Under the circumstances though. You ok to talk about the Gardener? We could always go somewhere quieter if you want.'

7. - Top - End - #277
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Without an immediate better idea, Laura takes the group to Belletuaxe's, which is open for brunch. The group sit down for coffee, sitting in the corner and blanketed by the music of old jazz being played from what looks like a jury rigged phonograph. The introductions go well enough; though Annie sure could be a bit friendlier.

After everyone was seated, 'Giant, normally I wouldn't want to ask anyone about what it was like for them over there. Under the circumstances though. You ok to talk about the Gardener? We could always go somewhere quieter if you want.'
    Giant's face falls at the mention of the Bristle Crowned Gardener. He's got a glass of iced cold brew in front of him, and his hand reaches out for it reflexively as if it were a stiff drink. "I mean... I suppose," he mutters. Then Giant shakes his head and looks Laura dead in the eyes, "If it will help my sister, I'll do anything. What is it you want to know." Between the bustle of the restaurant and the melody of the music (quiet lovely actually), the group has plenty of privacy, and in general this was something Changelings knew to be respectful of.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ettin in the Playground

'Maybe we should start with how you got out. Does the Gardner have anyone defending his territory?'