New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 42 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142 LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1256
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: MTG - You Make The Card VIII: Escape - Exile 7 MTG topics to create this thread

Siri, Aldana's Ward W
    Legendary Creature - Townsfolk
    If combat damage would be dealt to Siri, Aldana's Ward, prevent that damage and transform Siri.
    0/1
    //
    Chorum, the Devourer
    Legendary Creature - Demon
    (Black Color Identity)
    Whenever Chorum attacks, each opponent sacrifices a creature. If they can't, they lose 3 life.
    At the end of your turn, if Chorum did not deal any combat damage or transform, transform Chorum.
    8/5
    Last edited by mystic1110; 2023-11-13 at 04:39 PM.

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: MTG - You Make The Card VIII: Escape - Exile 7 MTG topics to create this thread

Spoiler: Finishing JNAProductions' cycle for fun
    Show
    Rick (No, Not That One. Not That Other One Either) 4U
    Legendary Creature - Human Wizard R
    Soulmates - Rick (No, Not That one. Not That Other One Either) has all activated and triggered abilities of your commanders. (Even if they're not on the battlefield.)
    Triad (You can have three commanders if they all have Triad.)
    1/5

Giovanni Potage - 3R
    Legendary Creature - Human Rogue MR
    Triad. If Giovanni Potage is your commander and you have no other commanders, create two proxies of Banzai Blaster to be your other commanders. (They don't count toward your deck size.)
    Soup -
    T: Giovanni Potage deals X damage to any target, where X is the amount of life gained by players this turn.
    -
    "Come on! You made a card for Bear Trap and you didn't make it a 2/2 for 2?!"
    2/2

Banzai Blaster - W
    There are a bunch of different arts for this card, but they all have yellow uniforms and look very gullible.
    Creature - Human Rogue C
    Bushido 1 (Whenever this creature blocks or becomes blocked, it gets +1/+1 until end of turn.)
    Lifelink (Damage this creature deals causes you to gain that much life.)
    Triad (Triad does nothing for this creature.)
    1/1

Spoiler: Update for Even More Fun
    Show
    Phoenica Fleecity the 15th - 1W
    Legendary Creature - Human Noble R
    Unfathomably Rich - When Phoenica enters the battlefield, create a treasure token.
    Frequent Kidnapping Program - W, Exile Phoenica: Each opponent creates a treasure token. Return Phoenica to the battlefield at the beginning of the next end step.
    Triad (You can have 3 commanders if they all have triad.)
    0/2

Rick Shades - 4U
    Legendary Creature - Human Wizard R
    Soulmates - Rick Shades has all activated abilities of your commanders. (Even when they're not on the battlefield.)
    1/5

Trixie Roughhouse - 1B
    Legendary Creature - Human U
    Menace - Menace
    "Magic Potion" - 2B, T: You draw a card and you lose 2 life.
    2/1

Giovanni Potage - 3R
    Legendary Creature - Human Rogue MR
    Banzai Captain - Triad. If Giovanni Potage is your commander and you have no other commanders, create two proxies of Banzai Blaster to be your other commanders. (They don't count toward your deck size.)
    Soup - 1R, T: Giovanni Potage deals X damage to any target, where X is the amount of life gained by players this turn.
    2/2

Molly Blyndeff - 1G
    Legendary Creature - Human R
    Dumb - 3G, T: Choose one -
    - Counter target activated or triggered ability
    - Target nonland permanent loses all abilities until end of turn
    2/2

Banzai Blaster - W
    Creature - Human Rogue C
    Bushido 1 (Whenever this creature blocks or is blocked, it gets +1/+1 until end of turn.)
    Lifelink (Damage this creature deals causes you to gain that much life.)
    Triad (You can have 3 commanders if they all have triad.) (They still have to be legendary, though.)
    1/1

Super Slippery Banana Peel - 4
    Artifact - C (Toon Town set symbol)
    Super Slippery Banana Peel costs 0 to cast if you've sacrificed a Food this turn.
    Sacrifice Super Slippery Banana Peel: Destroy target attacking creature without flying.
    -
    "Non-lethal? No, no, you're thinking of the Regularly-Slippery Banana Peel. I'm talking about the one that sends you sliding straight out to sea."
    - Clerk Clark, Gag Merchant
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2023-12-10 at 01:56 AM.

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Eye of XANA] [2BU]
    Artifact Equipment (U)
    Flash
    Equip 4
    When Eye of XANA enters the field, equip it to a creature you control without paying its equip cost. If you do not control a creature, you may sacrifice an Artifact you control to create a 1/1 Colorless Artifact Creature Servo token, and equip Eye of XANA to it.
    Equipped creature has +2/+0, Virtual, and may not use non-keyword abilities.
    (Creatures with Virtual do not take damage from combat, except from other creatures with Virtual.)
    Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? 'Course ya do!

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

*gushes unintelligibly over our cat, Sunshine*

[Nexus characters, grouped by setting:
    Ouroboros: here
    Maesda: here
    Others: here
    ]

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler: JNAProductions
    Show

Neat! Molly seems solid but is more of a blue or white design than green imo.
    Trixie is fine
    Phoenica also feels like a blue card- the tap to draw ability is aggressively costed.

as triad commanders I think these cards are individually interesting but I don't really see a way they are supposed to fit together? I guess molly can take flying away from a blocker so you can get a spirit.

Spoiler: Mystic
    Show

Hmm this is kind of cool. The flip side is really strong especially with the creature sac trigger but the only way to get to that side is if an opponent attacks into it. I think it might be a little too strong as an attack deterrent for one mana. Maybe don't make it prevent the damage but increase the toughness so it can survive a hit? I think the difficulty flipping this does a lot to bring it into the range of balanced.

Also funny that if it blocked a creature with first strike that creature ends up getting hit back by chorum

Spoiler: drguns
    Show

This is kind of amazing. I love that it costs 0 if you sac'd a food.

Spoiler: Ironsmith
    Show

Virtual is interesting. I'm a little worried since there probably wont be too many cards with virtual in the game so with will mostly read as immune to combat dmg. That being said the price you pay for this is ok to get immune to combat dmg :)

Spoiler: winner
    Show
    Thanks for all the cards everyone! Learned about some shows I hadn't seen before and was reminded of some throwbacks too.

This week's winner is Mystic1110!
    Spoiler: My Homebrew(3.5):
    Show
    All hail the white space, for from it all posts are shaped.
    Hey look, it is the oldest trick in the book!

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Troll in the Playground

Thanks for the win!

Let's make a card regarding Thanksgiving!

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Quiddle View Post
    Spoiler: JNAProductions
    Show

Neat! Molly seems solid but is more of a blue or white design than green imo.
    Trixie is fine
    Phoenica also feels like a blue card- the tap to draw ability is aggressively costed.

as triad commanders I think these cards are individually interesting but I don't really see a way they are supposed to fit together? I guess molly can take flying away from a blocker so you can get a spirit.
    My partner said the same dang thing. Which is entirely fair.

Quote Originally Posted by mystic1110 View Post
    Thanks for the win!

Let's make a card regarding Thanksgiving!
    [A Centuries-Old Tradition] [XXXUUG]
    Sorcery

Gain control of X Lands your opponent controls.
    Create X Food Tokens.

I watched this short recently, and it's quite funny.
    Last edited by JNAProductions; 2023-11-21 at 02:12 PM.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1117

[Luck of the Pot][4[G/R]]
    Sorcery (U)
    All players reveal their hands. For every Creature revealed this way: Exile it, then create one Food token. When this is done, divide the Food tokens created this way as close to evenly as possible among the players; in the event the total cannot be divided evenly, the player who used this card determines who gets the odd amounts.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Ettin in the Playground

Awkward Gathering - 3RR
    Four people, all dressed as Phage, are gathered around a dining table pointing accusingly at one another.
    Sorcery - R
    Each player (starting with you) may search their library for a creature card and reveal it. For each player who does, choose one of the revealed cards at random and put it onto the battlefield under that player's control. Then shuffle.
    -
    Sometimes it's better not to get involved.
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2023-11-22 at 02:08 AM.

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hunted Brightfeather 1GG
    Creature - Bird Beast R
    Haste
    When Hunted Brightfeather attacks draw a card and create a food token.
    When Hunted Brightfeather enters the battlefield target opponent creates 3 2/1 human tokens with first strike.
    2/6
    Last edited by Quiddle; 2023-11-22 at 04:17 PM.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1120
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Holiday Observance 2WW
    Enchantment R
    Whenever a creature or planeswalker enters the battlefield, you may pay 1W. If you do, create a Food token.
    Celebration - As long as two or more nonland permanents entered the battlefield under your control this turn, planeswalkers and creatures can't attack, block, or activate abilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

11. - Top - End - #1121
    Troll in the Playground

Apologies for the really late judging - holidays - and the lack of comments, but again - holidays - the winner is Dr. Gunsforhands with Awkward Gathering.

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Ettin in the Playground

Thanks! I'm glad you liked it!

This week, make a common card for a set with Big Creature Types as a theme in every color. (Like Red Dragons, Blue Sphinxes, et cetera.)

Spoiler: also reviews for fun
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    [A Centuries-Old Tradition] [XXXUUG]
    Sorcery

Gain control of X Lands your opponent controls.
    Create X Food Tokens.
    This is interesting because it's never all that strong. At X=1, it's still a costly land-destruction spell, but it gets the job done. At higher numbers, well, there are worse things you could be doing to your opponents for that much mana. The food tokens look tacked on out of context, but they are just the little nudge this effect needed to not feel too weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironsmith View Post
    [Luck of the Pot][4[G/R]]
    Sorcery (U)
    All players reveal their hands. For every Creature revealed this way: Exile it, then create one Food token. When this is done, divide the Food tokens created this way as close to evenly as possible among the players; in the event the total cannot be divided evenly, the player who used this card determines who gets the odd amounts.
    This reminds me of those AI-generated cards that make you think, "how badly do you need discard in green?" except you don't need it that badly. Just wait until you have no creatures in hand or, better yet, play a red deck with few or no creatures in it. It's still not amazing, it's not like you're making people discard their whole hand or are even guaranteed a hit at all, but it still feels weird.

Hunted Brightfeather 1GG
    Creature - Bird Beast R
    Haste
    When Hunted Brightfeather attacks draw a card and create a food token.
    When Hunted Brightfeather enters the battlefield target opponent creates 3 2/1 human tokens with first strike.
    2/6
    This is fun! Doesn't work well outside of multiplayer, but that's on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by ben-zayb View Post
    Holiday Observance 2WW
    Enchantment R
    Whenever a creature or planeswalker enters the battlefield, you may pay 1W. If you do, create a Food token.
    Celebration - As long as two or more nonland permanents entered the battlefield under your control this turn, planeswalkers and creatures can't attack, block, or activate abilities.
    I don't really like this one. It's interesting when I think of it as balanced around needing creatures with flash to work, but it also works with any ability that makes creature tokens and can be triggered during your own combat step to stop your opponent from blocking after you've already declared attackers. It does more than you bargained for, I think.

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Troll in the Playground

Sinbloated Imp 6BB
    Creature - Demon Imp C
    Flying
    Demoncycling — Pay 3 life. (Pay 3 life, Discard this card: Search your library for a Demon card, reveal it, put it into your hand, then shuffle.)
    7/7
    Last edited by mystic1110; 2023-12-05 at 01:03 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1124

[Clutch Guardian][3RR]
    Creature - Dragon (C)
    When Clutch Guardian enters the field, you may search your library for a Dragon with a converted mana cost of 3 or less; if you do, summon that Dragon without paying its mana cost, then shuffle your library.
    2/3
    Last edited by Ironsmith; 2023-12-05 at 04:22 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1125
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Homebound Hydra XG
    Creature - Hydra C
    Reach
    ~ enters the battlefield with X stun counters on it.
    ~ gets +1/+2 for each stun counter on it.
    Last edited by ben-zayb; 2023-12-11 at 09:56 PM.
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

16. - Top - End - #1126
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Light of Many Worlds 4WW
    Creature-Angle R
    Flying
    Light of Many World has the activated abilities of all planeswalkers in any graveyard.
    Light of Many Worlds enters the battlefield with 2 loyalty counters.
    6/6

The Learned One UUUUU
    Creature - Sphinx
    Flying
    Whenever the Learned One deals damage, draw that many cards.
    Whenever The Learned One takes damage, exile that many cards off the top of your library.
    4/10
    Last edited by Quiddle; 2023-12-11 at 01:09 AM.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1127
    Ettin in the Playground

Light of Many Worlds 4WW
    Creature-Angle R
    Flying
    Light of Many World has the activated abilities of all planeswalkers in any graveyard.
    Light of Many Worlds enters the battlefield with 2 loyalty counters.
    6/6

The Learned One UUUUU
    Creature - Sphinx
    Flying
    Whenever The Learned One takes damage, exile that many cards off the top of your library.
    4/10
    I did say common cards. I like to see how cards interact with the theme from that angle.

18. - Top - End - #1128

[Big Stompy Hydra] XGG
    Creature-Hydra

Trample
    Big Stompy Hydra enters the battlefield with X +1/+1 Counters on it.
    Whenever Big Stompy Hydra enters the battlefield or attacks, up to one target permanent cannot have damage against it prevented until the end of the turn.

Show
    Show

Show

19. - Top - End - #1129

Follower of the Icons 1G
    Creature - Human Shaman C
    T: Add C.
    T: Add CC. Spend this mana only to cast a creature spell with mana value 5 or greater.
    0/2
    Link to true signature
    Feel free to sig anything I post, just do so in quote format.

20. - Top - End - #1130

Flameborn Hellkite 3RR
    Creature - Dragon
    Flying
    Ignite - RRR (You may cast this card for it's ignite cost if a source you control dealt noncombat damage this turn.)
    4/3

Dragon with set mechanic.

Timing restrictions should still apply.

21. - Top - End - #1131
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Consolidated Card Reviews
    Show
    Sinbloated Imp 6BB
    Creature - Demon Imp C
    Flying
    Demoncycling — Pay 3 life. (Pay 3 life, Discard this card: Search your library for a Demon card, reveal it, put it into your hand, then shuffle.)
    7/7
    I like that the first entry is such a good one! No-mana cycling is a dangerous mechanic, offset somewhat by the fact that Demons aren't a super-diverse toolbox. Being so expensive is also a cool decision. Rather than giving you an option for something to play early, it's closer to being an extra copy of your best demon except it hurts you more. Then, as an 8-drop, it still has something to do after you've already drawn your better demons. It also doubles as a way to deal 12 damage to yourself with upside if you're playing Death's Shadow or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironsmith View Post
    [Clutch Guardian][3RR]
    Creature - Dragon (C)
    When Clutch Guardian enters the field, you may search your library for a Dragon with a converted mana cost of 3 or less; if you do, summon that Dragon without paying its mana cost, then shuffle your library.
    2/3
    This implies not only some inexpensive dragons, but a cycle of cards like this. On the one hand, this is pretty cool! On the other, it just makes me wonder what those little dragons would do.

There's a shorter way to write that ability, if you'd like. "...search your library for a Dragon creature card with mana value 3 or less, put it onto the battlefield, then shuffle." I assume you don't care about casting it onto the stack, since you used the wording that bypasses battlecries in Hearthstone.

Homebound Hydra XG
    Creature - Hydra C
    Reach
    ~ enters the battlefield with X stun counters on it.
    ~ gets +1/+2 for each stun counter on it.
    Wouldn't the game usually end before this untaps again? ...and also it dies before it untaps? I guess it gets to attack once before that happens. Or you can pretend it has defender, as you probably expected, hence the Homebound notion. It's funny to think of this as part of an untap-o-naut archetype, where you give it vigilance or something to get around the drawback. It's still pretty messy for a common, though.

The Learned One UUUUU
    Creature - Sphinx
    Flying
    4/10
    On one hand, I love the idea that you'd have a new edition of Reckless One's cycle for this set of creature types. On the other hand, they should still probably be rare, as this one definitely should be. The effect is big and flashy and could easily be printed! It draws a lot of cards, but dying to removal counts for a lot at rare.

Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    [Big Stompy Hydra] XGG
    Creature-Hydra
    Trample
    Big Stompy Hydra enters the battlefield with X +1/+1 Counters on it.
    Whenever Big Stompy Hydra enters the battlefield or attacks, up to one target permanent cannot have damage against it prevented until the end of the turn.
    I'm not opposed to having X-cost hydras at common given the theme we're pushing, so no sweat there. I get that Big Stompy is basically a playtest name, but it leaves me wondering why the last ability works the way it does. It almost feels like a red ability that got printed here by mistake. If it were just so hungry that you couldn't stop it from biting, I'd probably phrase it like, "Damage this creature deals to permanents can't be prevented." Then it would apply to all of its blockers at once!

Quote Originally Posted by TurboGhast View Post
    Follower of the Icons 1G
    Creature - Human Shaman C
    T: Add C.
    T: Add CC. Spend this mana only to cast a creature spell with mana value 5 or greater.
    0/2
    You could have let it add some colored mana, as a treat. I like that you're supporting an implied Battlecruiser theme, and that you're referencing the "Iconic" creature types.

Quote Originally Posted by TiaC View Post
    Flameborn Hellkite 3RR
    Creature - Dragon
    Flying
    Ignite RRR (You may cast this card for it's ignite cost if a source you control dealt noncombat damage this turn.)
    4/3
    Ooh, okay! I like how this mechanic leans into things that otherwise imply a slow format: Ping damage to get around blockers, and burn spells used mostly for removal. It's simple enough to print at common, yet is tricky enough to turn on that it probably won't get out of hand. You won't be able to use it more than a couple times, but it will feel good both times. I like it!

Spoiler: This Week's Winner
    Show
    TiaC wins with Flameborn Hellkite and the Ignite mechanic!

22. - Top - End - #1132

Big Stompy Hydra is a reference to Bonecrusher Giant//Stomp.

Spoiler: Card
    Show

Which, to be fair, is a red card. :P
    Last edited by JNAProductions; 2023-12-12 at 10:02 PM.

Show
    Show

Show

23. - Top - End - #1133

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gunsforhands View Post
    This implies not only some inexpensive dragons, but a cycle of cards like this. On the one hand, this is pretty cool! On the other, it just makes me wonder what those little dragons would do.
    There actually are! ...Or rather, there's at least one prominent example. This was specifically intended to work alongside Dragon Egg, but there's a few other it could work with in-color, too... appropriately including Fearsome Whelp, Dragon Hatchling, and Smoldering Egg.

It also includes a few more-explicitly-adult Dragons, like Slumbering Dragon, Patron of the Arts, and Gadrak the Crown-Scourge. Which sort of begs the question of what the hell their babysitter is doing here, I guess, but does present a few strategic options.
    Last edited by Ironsmith; 2023-12-12 at 11:33 PM.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

24. - Top - End - #1134

I'm glad you liked it. At common, you really have to think about limited. There would have to be ways of playing the game before turn five even in a set about big creatures, and I always like new mechanics. So, I went with a cost reduction mechanic, and tried to land in the sweet spot where that's good but not game-winning. Also, a lot of these creature types are mono-colored, so I made the alt cost color heavy with the thought that the set might encourage mono-colored play.

On to the next challenge. There are old cards that have been riffed on many times, as they try to "fix" the original, make it conform to modern design ideas, or or just make a version that uses the set's themes. For example, Lich, which has cards like Nefarious Lich, Lich's Tomb, and Lich's Mastery or all the Lotus and Mox variants. Make another in a chain of these variations on a theme. There must already be a second take on the idea, it can't just be referencing one card.
    Last edited by TiaC; 2023-12-14 at 02:51 AM.

25. - Top - End - #1135
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Ancestral Flashback U
    Sorcery C
    Target player scries 3. If you cast this spell from a graveyard, they draw three cards instead.
    Flashback—4U

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Troll in the Playground

Colorless Unelemental Blast (C)(C)
    Instant - Uncommon
    Choose one —
    • Counter target multicolored spell.
    • Destroy target multicolored permanent.
    Last edited by mystic1110; 2023-12-15 at 12:15 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1137
    Ettin in the Playground

This Land
    Land - R
    When This Land enters the battlefield, each player may search their library for a basic land card and exile it. For each opponent who doesn't, you may search your library for an additional basic land card and exile it. Then shuffle.
    This Land has all basic land types of cards exiled with This Land.

28. - Top - End - #1138
    Dwarf in the Playground

Enforcer of Balance WW
    Creature - Human Knight
    First Strike
    When Enforcer of Balance deals damage to a player each player chooses a number of lands they control equal to the number of lands controlled by the player who controls the fewest, then sacrifices the rest. Players discard cards, sacrifice creatures, enchantments, artifacts, battles, and planeswalkers the same way.
    2/2
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1139
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Lending Library
    Legendary Land (Rare)
    (T):add (c)
    (2), (t): Each player draws a card. Use this ability only if a player has zero cards in their hand or seven or more cards in their hand.

Escape from Shandalar 0
    Battle- Seige (Mythic)
    Defense- 1
    ---
    Shard of the Mox Cannon
    Artifact
    (Tap): Add one mana of any color.
    Last edited by Feathersnow; 2023-12-26 at 09:23 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1140

Spoiler: Ancestral Flashback
    Show
    Ancestral Flashback U
    Sorcery C
    Target player scries 3. If you cast this spell from a graveyard, they draw three cards instead.
    Flashback—4U
    This is a really solid Recall callback. Little weak on the first play, but the second definitely makes up for it. I appreciate that it is target player because Recall is. The first play could be an instant, but I think the flashback would have to cost more. Great card.

Spoiler: Colorless Unelemental Blast
    Show
    Colorless Unelemental Blast (C)(C)
    Instant - Uncommon
    Choose one —
    • Counter target multicolored spell.
    • Destroy target multicolored permanent.
    This would have to go in a very specific set. It would need both a colorless theme and a multicolor theme. Maybe a Modern Horizons set. I like that it is way more likely to be relevant than the blue and red Elemental Blasts.

Spoiler: This Land
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gunsforhands View Post
    This Land
    Land - R
    When This Land enters the battlefield, each player may search their library for a basic land card and exile it. For each opponent who doesn't, you may search your library for an additional basic land card and exile it. Then shuffle.
    This Land has all basic land types of cards exiled with This Land.
    Another evolving wilds-alike, I would say. I like the potential dual land, but not of your choice. Do you search and reveal at the same time, or do you go first? I do think it entering untapped makes it significantly too strong.

Spoiler: Enforcer of Balance
    Show
    Enforcer of Balance WW
    Creature - Human Knight
    First Strike
    When Enforcer of Balance deals damage to a player each player chooses a number of lands they control equal to the number of lands controlled by the player who controls the fewest, then sacrifices the rest. Players discard cards, sacrifice creatures, enchantments, artifacts, battles, and planeswalkers the same way.
    2/2
    Balance, but for everything. I like that applying it to all card types makes it harder to play around. However, I think putting it on a on-curve two-drop might be too much. Play this turn two, Lotus Field turn three, knock your opponent back to one land or something. It's a card I look at and go "I don't see a crazy combo, but this might break Vintage." It might fix balance, but I can't tell.

Spoiler: Escape from Shandalar//Shard of the Mox Cannon
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Feathersnow View Post
    Escape from Shandalar 0
    Battle- Seige (Mythic)
    Defense- 1
    ---
    Shard of the Mox Cannon
    Artifact
    (Tap): Add one mana of any color.
    A mox on turn one is gross, but a mox on turn 3 is just good. Defense is a good way to slow a mox down, but I don't know if 1 defense is enough. There are a lot of low to the ground aggro decks that will consistently flip this on turn two, or even turn one and need fast mana. It's still a great way to balance a mox, but I think it needs a point or two more of defense.

Spoiler: Winner
    Show
    I have to give it to ben-zayb with Ancestral Flashback. It's such a direct callback, with great balance, and I always appreciate an elegant common or uncommon.