New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Dark Seeker's Paper Chase IC

Arnoldsberg, 4:19 PM, Sunday, October 2nd, 1921

You delve deeper into the back-end of the cemetery, the old tombstone in question has been worn away by age and weather, which, coincidentally, makes it the perfect spot to perch and read a book. You first look over the tombstone, perhaps there's a hint there? However, it's not really possible to discern anything, reiterating just how old this graveyard actually is. You take a glance back at Jefferson who's currently slumped over the bottle, he'll probably wake up soon. Thus, with no nosy gardener, you investigate the tombstone area further (as you mentioned).

Spoiler: Successful Combined Spot Hidden and Track Roll Where Only One Must Succeed
    Show
    You find something... strange as you're walking around the area: a set of tracks that seem to travel all around this area. The tracks themselves are incredibly strange though, with a lesser eye you might've thought them animal tracks. They appear to have been made by man-sized bare feet that end in cloven hooves rather than toes. They lead mostly from this single tombstone towards a sunken mausoleum and back again.

Spoiler: Hard Track
    Show
    Both sets of hoof-prints appear to have been made within the last month.

Spoiler: Extreme Track
    Show
    Actually it's more recent. You realize that these tracks were made in the last week. Not only that, but the tracks are... bipedal? You can't think of any bipedal cloven-hooved animals though... strange...
    ----

I'm on the fence about whether or not this would be a Sanity roll, but because this is an introductory scenario, I think I'm going to err on the side of no for now.
    Spoiler: Hard Spot Hidden
    Show
    You realize that the sunken mausoleum is literally falling into the earth. It'd take some strength or leverage to even open the door to the place.

Spoiler: Extreme Spot Hidden
    Show
    The ground in this area is not particularly swampy, and while it is a bit soft... none of the other mausoleums are like this. You realize that the only way this would make sense is if somehow the foundations for the building were ruined, but... why would that be?

Spoiler: Failed Combined Spot Hidden and Track Roll Where Only One Must Succeed
    Show
    Huh... nothing, some deer tracks around the area (you're close to a forest), and all of the mausoleums are quite old and sunken. This graveyard really is ancient. Mr. Jefferson seems to be perking up at this point, and despite (or perhaps due to) his insobriety, appears to be giving you a bit of a weird glare.
    ----

You may, of course, Push if you're feeling Lucky.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

DrowGuy

Paul kneels down, giving a thorough look over the area. At least, he hopes he does.

Spoiler: SpotHidden/Track 40
    Show

(1d100)[16]

Edit: With a jolt of adrenaline he spots the tracks, and they are indeed strange... Humanoid, but yet possessing some animal features. He's not familiar with any animal that makes tracks like these, though of course he's hardly an expert. His mind goes back to Douglas and his own mention of a strange creature unlike any animal he had seen.

He looks towards the mausoleum and approaches it, entering it cautiously if it's open.
    Last edited by Dark Seeker; 2019-12-01 at 03:07 AM.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The mausoleum itself appears to be sunken into the earth, you'd need to apply some sort of force in order to open it.
    ----

Please give me a Strength roll.

4. - Top - End - #94

DrowGuy

Paul is under no illusions as to his strength, but he gives it a try anyway.

Spoiler: strength 40
    Show

(1d100)[66]

Assuming it fails, he'll go back to the house and try to find some sort of tool to assist him.
    Last edited by Dark Seeker; 2019-12-01 at 02:23 PM.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Arnoldsberg, 4:37 PM, Sunday, October 2nd, 1921

As you enter, both Mary and Thomas are preparing for dinner: a nice meal of mutton, potatoes, beets, and a roll. Mary looks over and sees your face, "Is everything ok? Were you able to find anything about the break-in?" Thomas also looks on in... interest? Fear? Either way, he's looking on.

6. - Top - End - #96

DrowGuy

"I've found a link, yes. It turns out that one of the mausoleum's out back has tracks leading to it." He decided to omit the mention of these tracks being at least somewhat inhuman. "I suspect that our thief has either stayed there or used it as an easy escape. For the safety of both of you I want to examine it and see what I can find, and make sure no one's been using it for any nefarious purposes. Unfortunately I'm a bit too weak to force open the doors myself. I'm wondering if either of you have a tool I could use?"

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Mary and Thomas look shocked by this information (Thomas drops the knife he was holding). "Y-you think there's some sort of criminal h-hiding out in the gr-gr-graveyard?"
    Mary, takes a deep breath, trying to calm herself, "Why not... I don't know, contact the police if there's something going on there?" She asks. "Isn't that idea... dangerous?"
    ----

For the record, I'm not saying you're wrong in any way, but this would probably be the reaction from any rational individual.
    ----

Thomas meanwhile begins shaking and rushes upstairs. "We're... w-we're in danger, Mary!"
    Mary looks from you to her fleeing husband and lets out an exasperated sigh. "Well... that's just dandy." She then looks back at you. "I don't know if you can see reason, but if you're set on going about this... There should be a crowbar in the pantry." She then heads off after her husband... leaving you in the kitchen still set up for dinner preparation.

8. - Top - End - #98

DrowGuy

"I think someone was hiding out there," Paul says, trying to calm Mary down (Thomas was frankly probably a lost cause) "But he'd almost certainly have left after robbing your house. Criminals would not stick around near the scene of the crime, surely. And I'd hate to waste the police's time, which is why I want to inspect the mausoleum first for any signs of people living in it before I call them."

Having said his piece, he goes to retrieve the crowbar.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Mary just sighs and continues upstairs. "Well... ok... I just don't want another person disappearing in Thomas' life. I can't imagine what that'd put him through." She shakes her head while you retrieve the crowbar and return to the graveyard.

Arnoldsberg, 4:51 PM, Sunday, October 2nd, 1921

You pass through the cemetery gates, returning, with crowbar in hand, to the mausoleum. From there it's a short walk to the mausoleum in question as you step over the greenery you catch a glance of the sun making its descent upon the treeline of New Hampshire. Jefferson is still out from his bender, but as you pass you happen to catch some random mutterings of his. Nevertheless, you turn your focus towards unearthing the mausoleum. It's going to be quite an arduous attempt, but it's what you have to do.
    ----

Because you have the crowbar, I'll allow for you to make me a Pushed roll (recall that generally Pushing the roll is not just "trying the thing again" it's more that you go an extra step beyond [like using a crowbar]).

10. - Top - End - #100

DrowGuy

Paul has come so far, and feels he is so close to actual answers; he's not about to let some stone door thwart him. He tenses up and attempts to pry the entrance open.

Spoiler: Strength 40
    Show

(1d100)[63] Sigh. I'm guessing he throws his back out. Unless you feel like being super nice and giving me a bonus die lol.
    Last edited by Dark Seeker; 2019-12-01 at 11:49 PM.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I'm afraid that I tend not to give Bonus Dice after the fact... my apologies.
    ----

Paul does his best to get the most optimal positioning possible as he struggles with the crowbar. He struggles, and struggles, as right when it seems that all hope is lost the door creaks open. It is at this moment when Paul, heaving with ragged breaths, taking in as much air as he can to recover from his strenuous exercise, realizes what has just happened... as a horrid stench of miasma and rot suddenly slams into him like a truck as he takes it all in, and exhausted as he already was, it is not truly a challenge for the smell of decay and death to overwhelm him and send him slipping into darkness.

Arnoldsberg?, Nighttime, Probably Sunday, October 2nd? Hopefully 1921?

Paul awakens to find himself propped up against a tombstone, as a man flips through pages of a book at an alarming speed. Noticing your escape from the veil of slumber, the man slams the book closed, placing it on a stack of books to his right. As your vision fully aligns itself under the light of the moon in the dark the man comes into focus, and Paul realizes that it's not truly a man, no. At least, unless his vision is mistaken in the dark of night, but no man has cloven hooves, pointed ears, razor-sharp claws and teeth, and... glasses? It is at this moment that you realize exactly what this is... this... creature is, without a doubt... Douglas Kimball.

Spoiler: Dun dun DUNNNN
    Show
    ----

Give me a Sanity roll.
    ----

"Let us speak."

12. - Top - End - #102

DrowGuy

No worries, figured it was a long shot anyway. And it worked out! In a fashion...

Paul's eyes widen as he takes in the sight in front of him.

Spoiler: Sanity 80
    Show

(1d100)[25]

But he keeps his composure--mostly-- and nods. "Douglas Kimball, I presume? It's good to finally meet you." His heart is pounding inside his chest, but he decides the only thing he can do is meet this thing head on and show no signs of it terrifying him.
    Last edited by Dark Seeker; 2019-12-02 at 01:00 AM.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

So, you Succeeded. Luckily for you this means no Sanity loss which may be due to a disbelief, the fact you're not able to see it too clearly, or just the compartmentalization of this sight (which is definitely healthy, I assure you). In addition, it also means you're in control of your action.

14. - Top - End - #104

DrowGuy

I think from Paul's perspective he's too excited and fascinated by this alien being that's right in front of him to suffer a huge blow to his psyche at the moment.

Paul reluctantly represses his first thought of asking the creature to let him sketch him. Instead he continues. "I found your journal, you know. The stifling pressure of society, the desire for creative isolation... I understand that well. I'm an artist, myself. But I'm guessing those friends you described in there... they made you one of them, somehow?

"Have you finished Dracula, yet
    ?"

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The thing that once was, or is Douglas Kimball, smiles a toothy smile, inside you see a row of horribly sharp teeth, and you cannot help but think of if a wolf's mouth was somehow transfused into a human's. The thought makes you nauseous. "Indeed, although... I must ask, as it appears I am at a disadvantage in this scenario: who are you?"

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The creature nods, placing a claw upon the closed book. Each looks like a knife with the sharpness of a sewing needle. "That is the case, my good sir. I am quite glad to find someone else who understands how such monotony can exhaust one's existence, even if it only comes over half a century since my birth. As for Dracula... yes. I believe the last time was the seventy-fifth. Hence why I was in need of some... new material." It gives a glance towards the stack of books it evidently "stole" from itself while you were unconscious.

17. - Top - End - #107

DrowGuy

Paul's excitement fades slightly as he sees all of the sharp teeth. If this creature intended him harm, he'd have no recourse. Hopefully he could stay in its good graces.

"Paul Turner. I'm an artist from Arkham. Miskatonic University. I came here as a favor for a friend of your nephew Thomas. He's still looking for you, and was shaken up by the recent break in."

"Why did you only take six books, if I may ask? Did time constrain you, or were they really all you wanted. Because if you wanted more, I would be happy to go and bring them to you. Of course I'd have to tell Thomas something. As I'm sure you know, he has a delicate constitution. Or I could go to the town's library, or even Arkham's, if you've exhausted your own.
    ."
    Last edited by Dark Seeker; 2019-12-02 at 01:35 AM.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The creature makes a rather surprised expression. "Why Thomas noticed that? I had hoped that he would not notice my 'intrusion' into my own dwelling." It then extends a rubbery claw. "But it is splendid to make your acquaintance Professor Turner." It then pauses, thinking for a moment. "You know, I've read several books on the study of art and painting. I especially enjoy the works of Van Gogh, Matisse, and, of course, Da Vinci."

It then pauses and looks at you strangely... "Six? I thought I took... Ah... yes." It notes. "In my most recent venture I had taken six from the shelves, but a variety of others from about the room. If you uncovered my journal, Professor Turner, I'm sure you saw how easy it would be to leave the disappearance of such things unnoticed. However, I'm afraid I was somewhat greedy in my 'theft,' and in taking one book too many, I toppled over a pile of them. Oh how I hated that act, what harm I caused to them." It looks towards the study with a twinge of sadness in its otherwise blank and piercing gaze.

As you mention talking to Thomas it looks at you inquisitively, its ears seeming to twitch and move of their own accord. "And what exactly are you planning on telling that nephew-of-mine?"

19. - Top - End - #109

DrowGuy

Paul takes his hand and shakes it eagerly, ignoring the feel of it as best he can.

"And I yours, Mr. Kimball. All excellent choices. I've always been partial to Rembrandt myself, though resent events have encouraged me to consider a more naturalistic style."

He listens intently as at least one mystery solves itself. "I see. The books are unharmed, I'm happy to say. You've quite eclectic tastes."

"As for what I'd tell Thomas, whatever you like me to. Though I think we can agree he'd not be able to handle seeing you in your current state. I could tell him you truly were dead, but I honestly think he still worries over what happened to you,and blames himself. Perhaps you could write him a farewell note I 'happened' to find over the course of my investigation? Tell him you went on a journey somewhere and wish him farewell. Provide him with some closure and ensure no one else comes looking for you. I doubt most would handle it as well as I am, and it seems a terrible disturbance for a being that seems to value his solitude."

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The creature turns its head and stares at you. "That is a possible idea, and yet, it could result in him contacting others, awaiting a return that shall never come, or, worse yet, using the Kimball reach to contact officials in that country..."

It turns towards the house, appearing to have almost a slight twinge of longing. "He cannot know, nothing can change my mind on this."

It then turns back towards you, "You know, I've just been weary. I've been... alive for more than half a century, and the only time I felt like I was living when I was reading. The mundane world which my nephew so dutifully lives in, was not intended for me."

It looks deeper into the cemetary, towards the tomb you eventually opened. "All I wish is to be left to my lonesome. To be able to read whenever I like. All of the demands made upon me constrain me no longer." As it is talking about this subject you begin to notice that it's becoming... happier? "I need not care for money, wearing the proper suits is not required for supper, not only that, but I do not have to deal with insolence. And most importantly..." It adds, "I may read whenever I wish."

It then stares at you deeply. "You mentioned creative isolation, but have you not ever felt a desire to be truly free, Professor? A desire to stop being asked so many foolish questions by those who do not make an effort to understand? I have acted upon such things, and now nothing compares to how it was before."
    ----

Also, for the record: you mentioned Miskatonic University, so it assumed you were a professor of fine arts or something along those lines.

21. - Top - End - #111

DrowGuy

"You could make it clear you've found peace... of a sort, and that you have no desire to contact him again. Wish him well and bid him adieu.From what I've seen, I do believe Thomas would honor your wishes. He just seems to feel guilt over neglecting you and being unable to prevent you from wandering off and dying, as he presumed you did. Still, you know him better than myself, and if you'd rather I not mention you, I of course won't. But we will need to find someway to calm him about the break-in. It did shake him up." Paul tries to think of a solution, waiting to hear Douglas' own ideas.

He listens to the creature's confession, and identifies with much of it. Perhaps that should disturb him, but it does not. "Well I have a gallery at Miskatonic, I'm afraid I've no fancy title. But that suits me just fine; I don't imagine I'd be a great teacher. But to answer your question, I don't deny it's a tempting vision. The ability to spend the rest of my days creating rather than having to waste time on more mundane concerns..." His eyes grow distance for a moment.

"But I'm not sure I would be interested. At least, not now. I think without new experiences that creative well of mine would quickly run dry. And the rest of my days would be an agonizing drudgery. In this perhaps our creativity differs. You love nothing more than reading about experiences. I have been cursed with needing to experience them." He smiles, somewhat bitter, because at that moment it does feel a little like a curse.

"You may be wondering why I'm so nonchalant about our meeting, Mr. Kimball. I'm not; honestly I have some fear, as I imagine anyone would, no offense. But it is pale in comparison to my fascination with the privilege of getting to talk to someone like you. A month ago perhaps my reaction would be different. But you've see, I've a story to tell you. I hope it compares to some of your books." He begins to tell the creature of Emberhead and his experiences there, up to the climax when he realized that there were more powers in the world than he had previously imagined.

... And so you see, ever since that day I've had more questions than answers. Reality is nothing like I imagined. I need to learn more, to seek out the hidden secrets that lurk in our mundane reality and understand them, if I can. And experience them, if I cannot."

I'll stop here because I know I've given you a ton to respond to. Paul got a bit carried away here, but once I started writing him he would not shut up.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Indeed you have, although I myself have been giving you quite large statements as well. So don't worry, you're all good.
    ----

You see its head sink as its curiosity turns to sadness. "Truly, you are clearly an intellectual Paul, even if you have, as you stated, no official title, and this gives me hope that your race is not as doomed as I had initially believed..." You recall his/its writings within his/its journal. "However, I am afraid that such a plan is doomed to failure. There are those within my family who would not waste any time infringing on my privacy despite any statements made to the contrary, as I'm sure you've already discovered."

(Insert story here)

Douglas nods along, but makes virtually no sound while you speak. It/he appears to be a very patient and cautious listener. Once you are complete, though, it/he looks towards the tomb again, "That... was quite interesting Paul. I shall be sure to write that one down for later... one man, Alone Against the Flames... I'd hope that thus you can understand my desires then as well, albeit, I am afraid I cannot visit this place anymore. This..." it/he holds up the books that it/he... "stole" from them/himself. "Was my final foray into my, no Thomas' home. It is not mine anymore. The others have said that we must move, too much commotion, too much fuss." It/he then turns back towards you, "I am afraid I must now depart. There is much to see out there in the world below, and I think..." it/he chuckles as it/he begins to stand up and collect its/his books. "I believe that I shall author a novel; finally I feel that I have done something in this life worth writing about."

It/he then gets to its/his hooves "It was a pleasure speaking with you Paul Turner, and although your devotion to humans, including my nephew is admirable. I'm afraid it is something that I was never able to muster." It/he slowly begins to walk off, before noting: "I think it shall be better if Thomas thinks me dead and gone. However, concerning the burglar: You may wish to fabricate a story, perhaps you scared off the thief and prevented them from ever returning, which, of course, they never will. I doubt he'd notice the absence of these additional tomes." It/he shakes the books as evidence. "It is for the best, I assure you."

He then begins clopping off towards the tomb.

23. - Top - End - #113

DrowGuy

Paul nods. It was Douglas' choice, and he would respect it. Thomas already thought him dead anyway, perhaps it was best not to reopen that wound.

He looks reluctant as the thing departs. "Is there no way I can contact you again? I have so many questions,and greatly enjoyed our talk. And I could bring you whatever books you asked for, rather than you having to risk exposure again." But if Douglas seems resolute, he sadly nods.

"I understand. I hope the rest of your existence is filled with imaginative tales and adventures. Best of luck with your novel. I know it shall be a good one."

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Douglas chuckles, "Not unless you intrinsically know how to navigate the discover tunnels to the land below, I'm afraid. And as much as I enjoyed our talk, Mister Turner the artist, I am afraid that, as the others mandated, I must indeed depart this place forever. I've been gone too long, and the others are not a patient bunch."
    He then nods in your direction and clops off towards the mausoleum.

As you begin to head back you take one last glance towards Douglas, or at least, what was Douglas, if it is not him anymore. He clops over towards the tomb, laden down by his books, and then creeps inside the mausoleum. A few brief moments of silence pass until you hear a heavy THOOM, the sound of rock falling on rock, from within. Neither Douglas, nor what he called "The Others" shall be returning anytime soon.

With an utterly confused mind, you mull over the events that just occurred as you walk towards the Kimball residence. A man, an absolutely normal man, has become a... creature, that lives below the surface of the earth and looks like... that? This alone should be impossible, but the facts are plain to see, and a conclusion must be made. There are other creatures on this earth... you are not alone.
    ----

With the truth of the situation, albeit, the unpleasant truth, you lose 4 sanity points. However, this truth also gives you more insight to the world at large (as instead of reading an ancient grimoire about strange mythos creatures you’ve basically talked with one), granting you 3 points in the Cthulhu Mythos skill (this also decreases your feasible maximum sanity down to 96).
    ----

You arrive at the home, weary from the tumultuous experience your mind has just undergone... will you ever be the same again?

Arnoldsberg, 8:29 AM, Monday, October 3rd, 1921

You've awoken from your deep slumber, the words of Douglas, or whatever it was, playing in your head like a radio jingle. As you stumble into the dining room, you see Mary and Thomas look up with your arrival. Mary looks at your rather bedraggled condition and notes, "I see someone didn't sleep well last night." Meanwhile, Thomas looks at you.

His eyes implore you, with every ounce of his being, hoping that you've uncovered something, something that will put his mind at rest, to give him hope that his life is not as crazy as he thinks. Of course, will the truth give him that solace? Your reverie is abruptly halted as Thomas asks, simply, and quite plainly: "Well, did you find anything?"

25. - Top - End - #115

DrowGuy

Paul leaves the graveyard utterly shaken, in some ways more than he was even after Emberhead. He had spoken to an alien being, and while it was a rather enjoyable conversation, the very knowledge that this sort of creature exists badly damages his view of reality. He had always considered himself an educated man. But now he realizes just how much he truly knows. He's also sad he could not either provide closure for Thomas or offer him the truth of what happened, but knows it is for the best he keeps it a secret. On the whole he's grateful for the experience, even if if leads to more questions than answers.

"It was a rough night," he answers Mary. "It took quite a bit of effort to get the mausoleum open, and I confess it left me drained."

To Thomas he does not even hesitate, nodding as he speaks. "No one was in there, though there were some signs of recent habitation. I believe your thief likely stayed there. But the good news is I saw some signs that seemed to indicate they left in a hurry. I don't believe they'll try to break in again; whatever they were looking for they either found or it wasn't here to begin with. You may wish to call an officer out to inspect the scene to give you some peace of mind, but nothing I found indicated they're still in the area. And now that we've found their hiding place I strongly suspect they would find it too risky to come back."

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Thomas breathes a sigh of relief, albeit, it seems to be full of grief as well. However, clearly a lot of the stress and tension from his fear of the home intrusion has also departed. "Ah, so this has nothing to do with my uncle then... I thought... maybe." His wife holds his shoulders. "I'm sorry to have involved you in all of this. But, it seems like you've solved everything, even recovering some of my uncle's writings!" He then fishes something out of his pocket. "Here, you've earned it... Thank you." He hands you a mixed amount of bills equaling up to around $10.

Mary then looks at you as well. "You've brought my husband and I some much-needed solace. Thank you so much. If there's anything else we can do for you, just let us know." However, right as she finishes, she suddenly realizes something, "My, the coach to Arkham I believe leaves at nine! Here, this should be enough to cover the return trip. Safe travels!" She hands you a dollar give or take, enough for the coach ride.

27. - Top - End - #117

DrowGuy

"I'm sorry I could not give you answers on your uncle's disappearance, Thomas," Paul says, genuinely remorseful. "But I am sure he cared for you, in his own fashion. As for the break-in, perhaps the hooligan heard tales of your uncle's library and decided to rob it? I know several folks in the city who would pay a lucrative sum for the right book. Regardless, they apparently only found a few that they considered valuable, and as you say they could have taken far more had they the inclination." He hopes his reasoning gives the lad some peace.

He takes the money and offers his thanks, and says goodbye to both of the Kimball's. If either are receptive he offers to send them one of his paintings sometime(though he makes a note to make it a lighter work, if only so Thomas could enjoy it.)

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

You depart from the Kimball house, boarding the motorcoach soon after. It's a bit of a drive back to Arkham, but nevertheless that gives you time to collect some of your thoughts. You faced a harrowing encounter yesterday, chilling you to your core, and yet, Douglas spoke of leaving humanity forever, and you cannot help but feel some solace in this simple truth. This is someone one, at any rate, who is not planning on returning. Thus, Thomas Kimball can sleep soundly again, without fear of further burglaries.
    ----

This calm means that you may roll 1d6 and add it to your current sanity.
    ----

Time passes. The motorcoach drives over hills and bridges as you look out and see the wonderful landscape of New Hampshire. However, amongst the natural beauty of the world, you cannot help but wonder... what else is out there?

----

Congratulations! You have survived this adventure as well. You may keep your investigator sheet and use it in the next Call of Cthulhu scenario. If I have noted that you have succeeded in any skills, you will have a chance to improve them through experience (I believe you succeeded in Charm, Language [English], Library Use, and Spot Hidden rolls).
    The End.