New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: My Little Pony XLVIII: I say Ol' Chap, how about those Equestrians?

I just realized I don't know where we are posting these, or if I even have Tumblr. Weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

2. - Top - End - #182
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    Bah, you and your drinking games. I had Pillowfort. And, wait, Peter New was at Outback Steakhouse? I missed that. >_<
    Yeah, he was right behind DD. Honestly, I probably wouldn't have noticed him if it weren't for that hat he always wears.

Y'know, a lot of people wear hats as an iconic thing... and I have wanted a bowler hat for ages... hmm... [/tangent]

Why do ponies insist that I am adorable. Am I a Texan Fluttershy? Or, at the very least, a Texan Twilight Sparkle?
    You were a fanboy getting a hug from your hero, the creator of a show you love. It would be adorable if the Elephant Man did it.

Yes, I suspect that would be her reaction too.

Yeah. Nicole Oliver certainly needed more love at that convention.
    Absolutely. Someone told me they thought Nicole looked awkward at the panel. I didn't really notice, she seemed okay being there.

The only way that Cupcakes affected my initial viewing of Party of One was that, when Rainbow Dash went into Crazy!Pinkie's room, I was basically yelling at the screen, "NOOOOOO RAINBOW DASH GET OUT CUPCAKES IS GOING TO BE CANON" but then she got into an argument with rocks and everything was funny.
    For me it was partially Cupcakes, but mostly being in a bad mood at the time. Though I don't remember what I was grumpy about.

Watch it naaaaaaaooooooow. Naaaaaaaaaaaaooooooooooow.
    Okaaaaaay. Geez. This had better be the most hilarious thing ever though.

*20 minutes later*

Ahahahahahahahaha! Oh man, you were so right! Ahahahah! I will never doubt you again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post

That's one heck of a catch up post.
    Took me a while. A long while. And I actually deleted some quotes because I couldn't remember what I was going to say, or decided that it wasn't important to respond to.

Quote Originally Posted by Zigg'rrauglurr View Post
    Also in the cards there is a tangential description of Shining Armor and Cadence "intimate" games
    Woah, really? I didn't see that one. Which card?

The good news is that WeLoveFine is offering a 25% off pony merchandise sale for the 4th of July, that will be open for the next three hours.

The bad news is that I've spent the past three hours trying to get their site to work. All the bronies have destroyed their servers.
    SUCCESS! With half an hour to go, I managed to make my purchases! Huuuurah!
    Ooh! Awesome! I'll get over there now and- *checks time* aw dammit!
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Concept: Have Mouser with a black eye talking while another pony is wearing the boxing gloves saying 'keep typing'. Any volunteers to be the puncher?
    Me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me I want in.

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Woah, really? I didn't see that one. Which card?
    Well actually you need kinda the dirty mind. Cadence is the element of Love. And Shining Armor has Love as a Pet... /wink /wink...

I know I know

In other news, Augmented Reality Ponies. Portal to Equestria closer every day.

Edit: What!! Ponies in your GPS? I can imagine Fluttershy... "You can turn to the left... If it's ok with you.... nevermind... sorry... eeep.."
    Last edited by Zigg'rrauglurr; 2012-07-04 at 09:01 PM.
    As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero.

Blackwing: I prefer to think of myself a super-advanced flying stealth dinosaur.

Forum Explorer: Reading or watching Cupcakes is like being shot. We honor your suffering but nobody wants it to happen.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    I just realized I don't know where we are posting these, or if I even have Tumblr. Weird.
    You can download Tumblr here.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

5. - Top - End - #185
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Aw, man. People are actually looking.
    Ehe, heh.

Uh, think it's gone since time we should have the Tumblr's avatar sorted and any non-standardisation of the theme put in-place, don't you?
    Apparently there is an audience now.

What say we go for a Playground-browns look to compliment Thread-Pony, unless anyone has a better idea or a competing avatar?
    Short of using a different theme (most don't look good to me) The basic one is unicolor unless if someone wants to make a simple background or knows a good themes to change it to.

Was there any other suggestions for an avatar? If not anyone have a copy to use, I never saved one of thread-pony.

For the members page thing, can I get whatever has been collected? I'd like to get that set up on the tumblr even if it needs to be added to later.

And another new question came in:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Strife Warzeal; 2012-07-04 at 09:05 PM.
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

6. - Top - End - #186
    Troll in the Playground

Speaking of questions, I need the question box...

The link in the OP doesn't go to the right thread.

Fixed that for you.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    I appreciate the offer, but I must decline. It won't bring back the 400 good people that Thubby just killed. I'm the head of Meteor Squad, and that means that I am allowed to do whatever I want if it's in the best interest of her subjects.

I need those schematics.
    Are you telling me that, for the purposes of this endeavor, the restrictions Princess Celestia has placed on my research are lifted!?
    *twitches with glee*
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! IGOR, IT'S HAPPENED, THE DAY YOU SAID WOULD NEVER COME HAS FINALLY CAME! BREAK OUT THE SCHEMATICS FOR THE TACHYON INDUCTION COIL!

Ook ook...OOOK!

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sadly, I could not attend the wedding as I’m no longer permitted within 5 miles of Canterlot, following my attempt at experimenting with the city’s water supply.
    I still say they overreacted; there was a definite slim possibility that the retrovirus would have successfully converted the population into alicorns instead of mutated aberrations.
    Last edited by Alabenson; 2012-07-04 at 09:07 PM.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Short of using a different theme (most don't look good to me) The basic one is unicolor unless if someone wants to make a simple background or knows a good themes to change it to.

Was there any other suggestions for an avatar? If not anyone have a copy to use, I never saved one of thread-pony.

For the members page thing, can I get whatever has been collected? I'd like to get that set up on the tumblr even if it needs to be added to later.

Spoiler
    Show
    http://i.imgur.com/Pp6Qz.png
    One got posted in the last thread, I just need to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn View Post
    If you're going to do that, here's the most up-to-date version of the thread pony, more show-accurate than the earlier versions
    Spoiler
    Show

I also saved it to my hard drive so I don't have to hunt for it anymore.
    Last edited by Tvtyrant; 2012-07-04 at 09:04 PM.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    Are you telling me that, for the purposes of this endeavor, the restrictions Princess Celestia has placed on my research are lifted!?
    *twitches with glee*
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! IGOR, IT'S HAPPENED, THE DAY YOU SAID WOULD NEVER COME HAS FINALLY CAME! BREAK OUT THE SCHEMATICS FOR THE TACHYON INDUCTION COIL!

Ook ook...OOOK!
    Just asking. But Boffenspark and Maxtronaut; if you build the time machine. It means you will go back in threads?
    As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero.

Blackwing: I prefer to think of myself a super-advanced flying stealth dinosaur.

Forum Explorer: Reading or watching Cupcakes is like being shot. We honor your suffering but nobody wants it to happen.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Firbolg in the Playground

*twitches with glee*

Ook ook...OOOK!

Oh.....oh gods. Shiggles. Err.... Fire Princess(ess)? Could you stop him? Please? For the greater good of Equestria?

Spoiler
    Show
    I was on vacation in Zebrica. To be exact, I was at a resort enjoying exclusive access thanks to my connections with Dusty Dunes. I do belive I was watching some very well trained giraffe dancers when the changelings where removed.

Err, should the Tumbler get a spot in the OP? Seems like something that should get in there.
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2012-07-04 at 09:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

11. - Top - End - #191
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post

Oh.....oh gods. Shiggles. Err.... Fire Princess(ess)? Could you stop him? Please? For the greater good of Equestria?
    Here, let me use my working time machine to do it with.

Actually, no. I want to see how he shatters the universe. Feel free to keep ignoring me; I'll just go slowly insane is all.

OOC: No hard feelings. ;) Somepony was going to break eventually, ought as well be Wavelength.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Also, how often are we trying to post to it? If I do one a week, is that adequate? Don't want to leave it all on the actual artists here

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Concept:

Sad pony saying they weren't invited to the fun.

OR

Bruised Changling saying he was the one Twilight jumped on.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Concept:

OR

Bruised Changeling Blastech saying that he was jumped on by Twilight

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post

Translation sequence engaged I'm afraid the situation may even be quite a bit worse than you fear. The professor's machine operates by forcing a complete four dimensional implosion of the multiverse, then reassembles it with the machine, its operator and any nearby ponies at a chosen 4th dimensional coordinate. In other words, should this device malfunction, the multiverse would not merely be destroyed, it would have never have existed in the first place.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Yeah, he was right behind DD. Honestly, I probably wouldn't have noticed him if it weren't for that hat he always wears.

Y'know, a lot of people wear hats as an iconic thing... and I have wanted a bowler hat for ages... hmm... [/tangent]
    *flails everywhere*

You were a fanboy getting a hug from your hero, the creator of a show you love. It would be adorable if the Elephant Man did it.
    Ah. Okay. My Spike-esque desire to be masculine and cool is now mollified. Do continue telling me that I'm manly and one of the ace guys everyone looks up to, while I pose in front of the mirror and then spew green fiery fiction onto my computer.

Absolutely. Someone told me they thought Nicole looked awkward at the panel. I didn't really notice, she seemed okay being there.
    See, I feel really bad, because I was on the other side of the room from Nicole Oliver, at an angle such that I really couldn't see her, so I have no idea whether all the people saying that she was distinctly uncomfortable are right or not.

Personal rambling spinning off that below.
    Spoiler
    Show
    See, that's one of my flaws born from a strength. I try to not blindly follow things, but that means I'm rather susceptible to mental/social attacks that imply that I'm wrong or that I missed something. Someone says that Bronycon guests were actually uncomfortable/tired/acting-for-the-Bronies? Part of me instinctively believes it and says that I'm horrible for not noticing and/or doing something about it, even though realistically there's little I could do about it.

That also kind of extends towards accusations towards the fandom, as long-time threadponies might have noticed. I still freak whenever someone implies that this fandom is worse than other fandoms. Like the hoax "Bronycon Orgy" thing that briefly circulated. Or the fact that there might be little girls trying to look up "Cupcakes" on YouTube because they liked the song. I am very easily convinced that I am a member of the worst fandom ever, even though the other one I was this deep in had incestuous underage R34 all over the place if you knew where to look.

I'm rambling. Um. The Gentleman understands that a fandom is made up of people, and that there are very fantastic people and pretty awful people in any group you care to name, but he's still afraid that he's put in his lot with a bunch of bad eggs and is frightfully insecure about his position as the 'good fox'. And he thinks that he's much worse than other people say he is, so he's very easily fooled into thinking that he's part of a bad group, or that he deserves blame for being part of something that caused other people grief, or that he's naive, even though realistically he shouldn't have to worry at all.

Okaaaaaay. Geez. This had better be the most hilarious thing ever though.

*20 minutes later*

Ahahahahahahahaha! Oh man, you were so right! Ahahahah! I will never doubt you again.
    Doubt Raz? Why would you ever doubt Raz? Raz never lies or tricks or implies falsehood or anything like that. Raz is Pure and Honest.

And there are more of those videos. Go watch theeeeem.

Quote Originally Posted by OracleofWuffing View Post
    Tumblrponies: you have permission to include the little fox Raz if you want.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    i was, er...
    *flashes back to image of self in an incoherent stupor atop a mound of fanfiction*
    busy
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

18. - Top - End - #198

Translation sequence engaged I'm afraid the situation may even be quite a bit worse than you fear. The professor's machine operates by forcing a complete four dimensional implosion of the multiverse, then reassembles it with the machine, its operator and any nearby ponies at a chosen 4th dimensional coordinate. In other words, should this device malfunction, the multiverse would not merely be destroyed, it would have never have existed in the first place.
    Igor, could you not simply "accedently" keep the plan for that horrid device near the doctor's flaming friend and let nature take it's course?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

19. - Top - End - #199

Hey look, this

Spoiler
    Show

It's ready to be posted by Amish or me if I'm given post power on the blog.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

20. - Top - End - #200
    Orc in the Playground

Hey look, this

Spoiler
    Show

It's ready to be posted by Amish or me if I'm given post power on the blog.

It works on so many levels, cause my cutiemark is a console window, and his is a mouse... Admin -> Abused User

I woke my wife laughing. You good sir made my night!
    Last edited by Zigg'rrauglurr; 2012-07-04 at 10:13 PM.

21. - Top - End - #201

It works on so many levels, cause my cutiemark is a console window, and his is a mouse... Admin -> Abused User

I woke my wife laughing. You good sir made my night!
    Actually in this case it would be Linux admin abusing the .net dev, or IT vs Developement, the endless war.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

22. - Top - End - #202

Hey look, this

Spoiler
    Show

It's ready to be posted by Strife or me if I'm given post power on the blog.
    Since I created a new blog opposed to linking it off my old one , there isn't a 'collaborators' thing. Unless if I were to create a sub-blog thingy and swap names. Or if there isn't something I know about.

If there's any development on that front things'll change, if not that'll be tomorrows post. Well, it'll be tomorrows post anyways, but you should know what I mean.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Orc in the Playground

Actually in this case it would be Linux admin abusing the .net dev, or IT vs Developement, the endless war.
    The funny thing is that I have been all of those. IT, Linux Admin, and now I work as Developer in .Net... Life eh?

Also I keep feeding Maxtronaut DAWs

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #204

Since I created a new blog opposed to linking it off my old one , there isn't a 'collaborators' thing. Unless if I were to create a sub-blog thingy and swap names. Or if there isn't something I know about.

If there's any development on that front things'll change, if not that'll be tomorrows post. Well, it'll be tomorrows post anyways, but you should know what I mean.
    Alright, you mind if I cross-post it to my DA though?
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

*crawls into thread*

5 days without power is NOT fun. But I'm back now, to continue doing the... nothing that I did beforehand I guess. :)

26. - Top - End - #206

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
    *crawls into thread*

5 days without power is NOT fun. But I'm back now, to continue doing the... nothing that I did beforehand I guess. :)
    You could always crush your enemies.
    Like grapes.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #207
    Bugbear in the Playground

*twitches with glee*

Ook ook...OOOK!
    EXCELLENT! But for now, I must be off to watch the 'merica Day fireworks. Good luck, Clockwork!

Uh-huh. Anyways, these schematics seem... complicated. That's just the way I like it.

By the way, it's nice to finally meet you both in person.
    Last edited by Maxtronaut; 2012-07-04 at 10:58 PM.
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

28. - Top - End - #208

Alright, you mind if I cross-post it to my DA though?
    No, I don't mind.

I do have a reason now, after exploring the tumblr help section. As a primary blog it can like, follow, ask, etc. but if it were an additional blog it couldn't.

Unrelated picture stuff?
    Spoiler
    Show

Sleep time now. *brain shut-off*
    Last edited by Strife Warzeal; 2012-07-04 at 11:01 PM.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Colossus in the Playground

Thanqol: Do Not Serve These Ponies is brilliant. And I want more. And I will show you that I am not a hasbeen you prolific son of a diamond dog just you wait and see I'll make new fics which will blow yours right out of the water

I mean, uh. I feel that a year is far too long to have gone without producing pony fiction. And will be working on fixing that. Along with Heroics.
    I'm sorry, who are you again?

Quote Originally Posted by SlyGuyMcFly View Post
    Bluh. I have the same problem with this fic as I do with so many other well-written fics. I enjoy it until something little detail, some niggling thing makes me think "this isn't Equestria" or "this isn't Twilight" and my suspension of disbelief is ruined. And it's not because the characterisation or ambience is bad, not really. It's just the feeling that the story is trying to force itself into happening in Equestria, to particular characters, instead of being a bunch of ponies doing pony stuff and pony things happening.

In this case, I can't help but feel the story is ocurring in some strange, urban fantasy universe someplace between Discworld and the Dresden Files. It's an awesome place, full of action and weirdness and humour and great characters and I'd love to read more about it. And it's a crying shame it's pretending to be Equestria.

Um... Am I making any sense here?
    I do understand the point, but it's not the kind of thing I can address within the bounds of this story without drastically adjusting everything about it. And we've all had enough of that from me.

Consider it to be, in the words of one commentator, "Ah, here it is! This is Variation 37, where everypony has an IQ over 200. Unfortunately, it also happens to be the starting point for extinction realities; every Variation beyond this is either in crisis or post-extinction."

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Oh well, my utter sadness is tempered great joy is amplified by the fact that I also read Thanqol's "Do Not Serve These Ponies" this afternoon and it was the most hilarious thing ever.
    Woohoo! Next up: aliens!

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Concept:

OR

Bruised Changeling Blastech saying that he was jumped on by Twilight
    "That mare packs a mean left hoof."

(Moments like this make me wish I can see tumblr links at work. It also makes me wish I could draw better ... I shall practise more this weekend!)