New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XLVIII: I say Ol' Chap, how about those Equestrians?

A seventh element of Harmony, eh? Well, I guess that assembling all the elements wasn't really all of them. Time to rewrite and retcon the rest of the series!
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

2. - Top - End - #152
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Siosilvar View Post
    A seventh element of Harmony, eh? Well, I guess that assembling all the elements wasn't really all of them. Time to rewrite and retcon the rest of the series!
    Spike, Scootalo, and Applebloom are half-siblings!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

3. - Top - End - #153
    Troll in the Playground

What are you talking about? Of course that's how that scene happened. We have always been at war with Eastasia.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

4. - Top - End - #154
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    Unfortunately not anymore; Princess Celestia forced me to dismantle my only prototype and forbade me from conducting any more research in that area. She said something about it posing an unacceptable threat to all current and potential existences, I wasn’t really paying attention.
    However, should you so desire, you shall have my full assistance in rebuilding your ship.
    I appreciate the offer, but I must decline. It won't bring back the 400 good people that Thubby just killed. I'm the head of Meteor Squad, and that means that I am allowed to do whatever I want if it's in the best interest of her subjects.

I need those schematics.
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Spike, Scootalo, and Applebloom are half-siblings!
    All hatched by Twilight's younger sister, who's the Element of Brat!

6. - Top - End - #156

Quote Originally Posted by maximus25 View Post
    But secretly he's the dark element of bratwurst.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

7. - Top - End - #157

Quote Originally Posted by maximus25 View Post
    Who is actualy Dimond Tiara!
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2012-07-04 at 03:05 PM.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #158
    Troll in the Playground

*phew* Finally finished the thread after several hours reading. Geez. You guys really picked up the pace while I was out of it, huh?

Anyway, didn't sleep the full 48 hours. Only 17. Feeling refreshed. Also decided to skip work. They can live without me for one more day.

Bronycon! Best time of my life! Met plenty of cool thread ponies as well as some of my friends from Canterlot.com- two of whom I simply bumped into in an elevator. Speaking of elevators, guess who got a brohoof from Tara Strong while riding the elevator at the hotel? That's right, me! Aww Yeah.

Other highlights include meeting other bronies by chance and simply chatting with them (everyone in this fandom just seems so friendly), including some British bronies at the airport; Seeing John De Lancie, Lauren Faust and Peter New at the restaurant (got a pic with Faust, will post later); Getting all kinds of swag (though I sadly missed out on a t-shirt I wanted and mever got a plushie); playing the MLP trivia drinking game with threadponies.

I will post pictures later when I get a chance. For now, quote posts by the bazillions.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    I don't know but I wish I could have gone to Bronycon. Honestly mostly to meet the fellow playgrounders and to see if you are all as interesting in real life as you are in this thread.
    This is pretty much why I went to Bronycon. The con was great, but only because I hung out with so many cool people there.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    All the pony! And then it will be shared with all. And the pony shall increase exponentially as when given away it remains!

More seriously, though. It's layered. I enjoyed friends and 'lol pony' and all, and that was good. An then I got a chance to see John Delancie in action. The staff had decided on an impromptu singalong (there was a giant truck blaring music videos), and they started a kick line. I was filming it, singing along. And I turn.

Grinning. Grinning that maniac grin of a man in the throes of joy. Delancie filming the proceedings and... Stars and Fire, I'll be honest. It's hard to remover that level of joy, to remember exactly how profound the show's message can be. Seeing how touched this man was, seeing an outsider's perspective broke through my familiarity. Relating the story in the hotel room twenty minutes later I almost cried.

There is colored pony media. Sure.
    There is camaraderie and in-jokes. Good, but we could go deeper.
    There is making a difference in the world. That's MLP.

And that's magic.
    That's beautiful man.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Two things:

One: Do Not Serve These Ponies is a thing that shall happen hereish.

Two: An interesting contrast to the success of the Pony Fandom, have an article on the failure of the Sonic Fandom
    Will read the fic later.

The Sonic article was very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    I have to admit, they did manage to get a nice little shout-out in his description.

Have some random gifs!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bahahaha! The weeping angel pic!

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    Also, I gave Lauren Faust a hug last night.

No, that's not hyperbole. She was at our restaurant; John de Lancie was eating one table over. So I asked and there was hugging.
    And it was adorable. :3

No no no. Vorpal was Playing Dragonforce. Specifically Through The Fire And The Flames. He cleared a path through the inferno with his phat bass, while Jade dragged unconscious bronies bodily from the building. DD and I were doing what we could for the merchandise, but our combined wizardry wasn't enough. Turns out Thanqol was right, Forces is best arcana. Who knew?

Raz Fox luckily helped Delancie while Kairaven scooped Faust out on his cloud. Vent and Diego are working on a storm as we speak, but it's going poorly. I think Diego is an earth pony...
    I'm a unicorn actually, it's just that most of my skills are in magic items and potions. Control Weather spells are not easily distilled into potion form.

Quote Originally Posted by mikej View Post
    On the topic of old characters, I feel Trixie should return. I don't personally like Gilda, but she could comeback for the same reasons I'm about to state.

The return of Trixie would not only please the fans, but it would also be easy for the writers. Simply have a remorseful Trixie return and try to make friends, trying to make up for her old ways. The script basically writes itself.
    I know this has been brought up already, but remorseful? No.

When Trixie returns she will be riding on the back of an Ursa Major that she has tamed herself. And everypony will love her.

The point of the episode is finding out that she's simply using very complex illusions spells to make herself look better, thus proving that she has learned nothing. Or something along those lines..

Celestia did not have pink hair as a young princess. In line with the style of midieval frescos, the pony artists of the time rendered her in solid colors.
    When did you find this out?

Celly's VA is stylin'. Gorgeous (appropriately aurora-colored) dress and downplayed, contrasting and complimentary colors for shoes, nails and coat.
    I swear I don't remember what her dress looked like. (must go check photos).

Canadian Fluttershy: Yay, eh~

-

"um, I don't know about twitter, because sometimes Twilight wears a saddle, and"
    "WWHAT?! Spike I do not wear a saddle!"
    "... But--"
    "you are on a BIG time out, mister! Go ahead and tweet that. Put it on twitter; Spike is on time out."
    Both absolutely fantastic moments. XD

Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.
    Spoiler
    Show

I want to sig this. Can I sig this? This is literally the best complement I have ever received. Ever.

Having the repentant antihero who shows up trying to mend her ways, that's... Bland. Uninteresting. More importantly, That is not how Trixie behaved at all. She wouldn't show up with a whole new personality. She's not Bon-Bon's voice. If Trixie returned, she woul probably be a better person but still proud, still arrogant, and not at all subservient to the mane cast. Which absolutely does not write itself, or there would be only a single definitive fanfic of it instead of what we have.
    ^

Tengen Toppa Gurran Lagan is a good series. It is however, less good in the first quarter and spikes and plateaus regularly. Things don start to pick up until

[SPOILERS!]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kamina dies

As a whole, I recommend it. And it's pretty fun later on, but havin gone through all the learning I have with our writefriends on how characters and narrative structure can and do work, some parts were very "... Oh, how convenient. Insert trope. Insert joke. Insert rhetoric. Guy gets punched. Catchphrase." *watches as these come true in short order*
    Huh. See I stopped watching it after that point, because the change in the tone of the show no longer interested me. Oh, and the addition of that girl with the blond hair. I hated her so much.

I will eventually get around to giving it another go.

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Fascinating. Say SiuiS are there any particular panels/events/etc we should find video of for juicy details like this?
    The VA panels most definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by Zigg'rrauglurr View Post
    I recently found (I don't remember how) this comic of the Doctor. It has nice storytelling and has more pages than most out there. The art is not perfect but it's very expressive. Hope you like it.
    A very nice crossover. Thanks for sharing.

That's what I figured, I just didn't have the headspace to process it outside of an adversarial paradigm.

Although... Oh wait no. Wow. I'm so used to my more common typos I completely misunderstood that second sentence. Well then. Have a BronyCon pic.

[Saucy]
    Spoiler
    Show

Thus began the strange phenomenon where rather than the face, iPhone autofocus would bring the focal point of the image to zoom on the plot.

Smarter phone that I thought.
    Oh right, that reminds me. At the airport, I was waiting in line for check in. A guy comes up behind me and says "Oh hey, I see you went to Bronycon" and points out my Dash bag. Another British Brony! And it turns out, he was SmittyG, the creator of that picture. I mentioned that I had been at his table, debating whether or not to buy a saucy picture (decided not to, to save awkward questions from friends/family). He gave me a copy of that AJ pic for free. :D

I have so far managed to hide it from my Mother. While I'm now open about my love of ponies, I don't think my Mum needs to needs to know about my love of ponies. Especially ones in ball gags. ._.

Smitty is a pretty cool guy. I felt sorry for him though, he got robbed by a cab driver. Smitty arrived in Newark airport and the cabbie took him into downtown manhatten, then drove off before he could get his bag from the trunk.

Also, the one thing I love about bronies is that they will just come up and talk to you if you have pony merch on you. I met four British bronies while waiting at the airport, and had some great conversations with them. All of them were very different in how they viewed and interacted with the fandom too.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    The amount of cheering for de Lancie whenever he entered, and during the closing ceremonies. It was more than everyone put together, even Lauren and Tara. It was odd. I understand his mark with Trekkies, but I didn't think that would translate here. Discord is not that huge, so it seems really weird for him to get that kind of response.
    I felt sorry for all the other VAs. It must hurt pretty bad to get a moderate cheer/applause, only to have to watch Tara/John get the standing ovations whenever they entered. Admittedly Tara and John are pretty high-profile with their interactions with the community, but c'mon, Andrea Libman (Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy) Was there!

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    We basically missed the first day. Got there around 11 a.m., but we hadn't slept and so we were zombies. We ended up passing out in the hotel room around 8 p.m.

All in all, rather disappointing. I subscribe to the notion that seeing a band live on TV is much better than seeing them live live. It wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't an eight hour drive each way. And I was being treated for the ride, so I couldn't justify spending any money without a job. Really all I wanted to do was meet Tara Strong, but I didn't get to. The panels I saw were good, but like I said I missed a lot due to not being around for the first day.

There are other more personal factors going into why I didn't enjoy myself, but that's another rather lengthy thing that I don't feel the need to go into.
    That's a terrible shame that you didn't enjoy yourself. Perhaps you're simply not a con person?

Quote Originally Posted by Khosan View Post
    Anyway, since I am no longer affiliated with the ongoing Pony Harvest Moon project, I figured I'd do something else with my summer. And that's where the above came from.
    That's a shame dude, I was really excited about the game. Your sprites are good though.

I even resorted. To going up to people and asking about their screen names. No dice1.

1: Diego Havoc, gentle colt and a scholar. Which is Internet-speak for childish giggling.

I figured that you'd actually use those dice, instead of having them around on a table for the novelty value like I would have. Enjoy!

This I agree with. If I was not going with friends, would have been a waste. I'm doubly sorry we couldn't find you, I'd like to think a purple hours over a meal would have improved your trip considerably
    Yeah, this. The con would not have been anywhere near as good without you guys (and my friends from Canterlot, who I sadly did not get to see much of).

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    For some quick highlights:

Lauren receiving her Gift
    Spoiler
    Show
    That was a fantastic moment.

Speaking of gifts, thank you again for the AJ hat! I'll have to see if I can borrow one of my Dad's cowboy hats and wear it over AJ to the next con.

Pony threaders! I am bad with names so I will not identify who is who. Note the back of Peter New and John De Lancie hidden in the corner of the first picture.
    Spoiler
    Show

Oh geez, I'm hidden in the first pic (at the back right), and I wasn't smiling in the second (far left).

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Ponythreaders, identify yourselves, I want to know who you are.
    I was going to point out who everyone was, then Starry pointed out that I should probably let others identify themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Khosan View Post
    It's still going. Just after a long enough period of me not participating (school happened, a lot), I got removed from the Dropbox and Google Docs containing everything. Last I heard, they were making a push to have something to show for Midwestria and UK Bronycon.

Probably a competing product. Competing doesn't sound quite like the right word though. This is just something I wanted to do and, honestly, it was the design aspect I was really interested in.

I'm going to have to change some things regarding my original plan. Timeline, mostly. Instead of you arriving the Spring before Twilight arrives, I'm thinking it'll be maybe the generation prior. So you might see filly versions of the Mane 6, but most of Ponyville would be very different.
    Well I hope it works out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by SlyGuyMcFly View Post
    Well... I did do this once:

It... It didn't go so well. During a base defense Applebloom got mind-controlled shot Big Mac and Applejack in the back, killing them both instantly. It was the single most horrifying experience in my entire gaming life.

*pours himself a shot with a haunted, faraway expression*
    Ouch. Yeah, that's just... yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    *sigh* Fine. You do realize, Silent, that I can send other things through those portals besides pudding, don't you?
    *opens portal directly above Silent Night*

Spoiler
    Show

Alabenson, I hope you don't mind me saying this, but you have a couple of large pictures in there that stretch the page, even with the sidebar hidden. Would you mind removing them, or putting them in their own spoiler so that it isn't so annoying when I accidently click your spoiler box? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Brazen Shield View Post
    Ponies! SiuiS and I have just found the world's most PINKIE drink ever!That is, if ponies drank alcohol...

Observe.
    [Warning: kinda big pictures.]

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

AND THEN HE POURED THE ALCOHOL OVER THE COTTON CANDY.
    Oh gods, I want one! WAAAAAANT!

Regarding Cupcakes, specifically, it's an interesting story because Pinkie Pie does have a weird side to her personality. Without spoiling anything, watch the first season and there will be a moment, and you will know this moment, where you can see how Cupcakes could actually fit.
    *wince* I think that's one of the reasons Party of One felt rather uncomfortable to me when I first watched it. I watched it again later and realised what a brilliantly funny episode it is.

I remember the time I tried to read Cupcakes. I don't remember exactly when I threw up my hands and said NOPE, only that it happened. As far as I'm concerned, the only good thing about Cupcakes is that it led directly to the amazing Rainbow Dash Presents: Cupcakes.

Incidentally, that is a very nice picture.

There are always those who enjoy corruption, in every grouping of men and ponies. But the specific reasonings for these are different.
    I will watch that video later. Also, in response to the above:

Rule 43 of The Internet: The more beautiful and pure a thing is - the more satisfying it is to corrupt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexam View Post
    Anyway, apologies for lack of posting - real life has been mugging me of most of my free time (curse you, workload!). For those who don't visit those parts of the Playground, there has a been a rare sighting of a wild Dexam, complete with mini-Dexam.
    D'AAAAAAAW! Mini-Dex sems to be enjoying his Rainbow Dash outfit

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    As this thread title gives me even more excuses than usual to break out my stock of broad Derbyshire aphorisms, allow me to tell you you need to tek a soggy biscuit an' go t' top of the class!
    Erm...

Google decided to be horrible to me when I tried to look that phrase up

Apparently there is such a thing as a soggy biscuit...
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    Someone has scanned the backs of all the Character cards for the Friendship is Magic trading cards. Among other things, apparently there is a seventh Element of Harmony, Love, which Shining Armor and Cadence co-wield. Personally, I'm invoking Death of the Author on that one.
    There are also a couple of errors on them though, for one, apparently Pinkie is Tank's owner.
    I like how the text on Discord's card is upside down.
    And apparently Discord is only four-fifths of the maximum threat to Equestria? There must be some REALLY nasty villains in season three....
    I have a selection of those cards. All the art is taken from the show or vectors, but there are some hidden gems there. I am looking forward to how the fandom will take the line about Lyra and Harvest sharing Bon Bons.

Right. That's Ponythread finally caught up with. Time to go play some games. I have to spread the religion of Celestia's Light to the heathens in Civilization V. Con pics will come later. Toodles.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    I have a selection of those cards. All the art is taken from the show or vectors, but there are some hidden gems there. I am looking forward to how the fandom will take the line about Lyra and Harvest sharing Bon Bons.

Oh dear.

Somehow, I can practically hear Lixie squealing with glee...

I did note that Time Turner Doctor Whooves (and the mayor's card) made reference to "timey-wimey" as so it's practically canon now...

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    I think we have a winner.
    Huzzah!

And so then, a Jalyrkieon Power Trooper, trotting next to the squad APC. (One presumes that currently, the other three squad members are still inside.)
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ettin in the Playground

Bronycon! Best time of my life! Met plenty of cool thread ponies as well as some of my friends from Canterlot.com- two of whom I simply bumped into in an elevator. Speaking of elevators, guess who got a brohoof from Tara Strong while riding the elevator at the hotel? That's right, me! Aww Yeah.

Other highlights include meeting other bronies by chance and simply chatting with them (everyone in this fandom just seems so friendly), including some British bronies at the airport; Seeing John De Lancie, Lauren Faust and Peter New at the restaurant (got a pic with Faust, will post later); Getting all kinds of swag (though I sadly missed out on a t-shirt I wanted and mever got a plushie); playing the MLP trivia drinking game with threadponies.
    Bah, you and your drinking games. I had Pillowfort. And, wait, Peter New was at Outback Steakhouse? I missed that. >_<

But, yes, everything else - chatting with Bronies, seeing Pony celebrities (and getting the hug that I will never play down), and acquisition of swag - was awesome. Super awesome.

Why do ponies insist that I am adorable. Am I a Texan Fluttershy? Or, at the very least, a Texan Twilight Sparkle?

My texts home just kind of broke down in comprehension when Canadian Fluttershy happened. That and the hug of Lauren Faust.

I have so far managed to hide it from my Mother. While I'm now open about my love of ponies, I don't think my Mum needs to needs to know about my love of ponies. Especially ones in ball gags. ._.

I felt sorry for all the other VAs. It must hurt pretty bad to get a moderate cheer/applause, only to have to watch Tara/John get the standing ovations whenever they entered. Admittedly Tara and John are pretty high-profile with their interactions with the community, but c'mon, Andrea Libman (Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy) Was there!
    Yeah. Nicole Oliver certainly needed more love at that convention.

*wince* I think that's one of the reasons Party of One felt rather uncomfortable to me when I first watched it. I watched it again later and realised what a brilliantly funny episode it is.
    The only way that Cupcakes affected my initial viewing of Party of One was that, when Rainbow Dash went into Crazy!Pinkie's room, I was basically yelling at the screen, "NOOOOOO RAINBOW DASH GET OUT CUPCAKES IS GOING TO BE CANON" but then she got into an argument with rocks and everything was funny.

Rule 43 of The Internet: The more beautiful and pure a thing is - the more satisfying it is to corrupt it.
    Watch it naaaaaaaooooooow. Naaaaaaaaaaaaooooooooooow.
    Last edited by Raz_Fox; 2012-07-04 at 03:35 PM.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Troll in the Playground

I quote myself:

Hasbro Marketing is best troll.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Spoiler
    Show
    *phew* Finally finished the thread after several hours reading. Geez. You guys really picked up the pace while I was out of it, huh?

Anyway, didn't sleep the full 48 hours. Only 17. Feeling refreshed. Also decided to skip work. They can live without me for one more day.

I will post pictures later when I get a chance. For now, quote posts by the bazillions.

This is pretty much why I went to Bronycon. The con was great, but only because I hung out with so many cool people there.

That's beautiful man.

Will read the fic later.

The Sonic article was very interesting.

Bahahaha! The weeping angel pic!

I'm a unicorn actually, it's just that most of my skills are in magic items and potions. Control Weather spells are not easily distilled into potion form.

I know this has been brought up already, but remorseful? No.

When Trixie returns she will be riding on the back of an Ursa Major that she has tamed herself. And everypony will love her.

The point of the episode is finding out that she's simply using very complex illusions spells to make herself look better, thus proving that she has learned nothing. Or something along those lines..

When did you find this out?

I swear I don't remember what her dress looked like. (must go check photos).

Spoiler
    Show

I want to sig this. Can I sig this? This is literally the best complement I have ever received. Ever.

^

Huh. See I stopped watching it after that point, because the change in the tone of the show no longer interested me. Oh, and the addition of that girl with the blond hair. I hated her so much.

I will eventually get around to giving it another go.

The VA panels most definitely.

A very nice crossover. Thanks for sharing.

Oh right, that reminds me. At the airport, I was waiting in line for check in. A guy comes up behind me and says "Oh hey, I see you went to Bronycon" and points out my Dash bag. Another British Brony! And it turns out, he was SmittyG, the creator of that picture. I mentioned that I had been at his table, debating whether or not to buy a saucy picture (decided not to, to save awkward questions from friends/family). He gave me a copy of that AJ pic for free. :D

Smitty is a pretty cool guy. I felt sorry for him though, he got robbed by a cab driver. Smitty arrived in Newark airport and the cabbie took him into downtown manhatten, then drove off before he could get his bag from the trunk.

Also, the one thing I love about bronies is that they will just come up and talk to you if you have pony merch on you. I met four British bronies while waiting at the airport, and had some great conversations with them. All of them were very different in how they viewed and interacted with the fandom too.

That's a terrible shame that you didn't enjoy yourself. Perhaps you're simply not a con person?

That's a shame dude, I was really excited about the game. Your sprites are good though.

I figured that you'd actually use those dice, instead of having them around on a table for the novelty value like I would have. Enjoy!

Yeah, this. The con would not have been anywhere near as good without you guys (and my friends from Canterlot, who I sadly did not get to see much of).

That was a fantastic moment.

Speaking of gifts, thank you again for the AJ hat! I'll have to see if I can borrow one of my Dad's cowboy hats and wear it over AJ to the next con.

Oh geez, I'm hidden in the first pic (at the back right), and I wasn't smiling in the second (far left).

I was going to point out who everyone was, then Starry pointed out that I should probably let others identify themselves.

Well I hope it works out for you.

Ouch. Yeah, that's just... yeah.

Alabenson, I hope you don't mind me saying this, but you have a couple of large pictures in there that stretch the page, even with the sidebar hidden. Would you mind removing them, or putting them in their own spoiler so that it isn't so annoying when I accidently click your spoiler box? Thanks.

Oh gods, I want one! WAAAAAANT!

D'AAAAAAAW! Mini-Dex sems to be enjoying his Rainbow Dash outfit

Erm...

Yeah.

Right. That's Ponythread finally caught up with. Time to go play some games. I have to spread the religion of Celestia's Light to the heathens in Civilization V. Con pics will come later. Toodles.

That's one heck of a catch up post.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

13. - Top - End - #163
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    I'm done chapter three of Do Not Serve These Ponies. I intend to upload it to FiMFiction tomorrow so if somepony could run through it to check for coherence and quality I'd be very appreciative.
    Bluh. I have the same problem with this fic as I do with so many other well-written fics. I enjoy it until something little detail, some niggling thing makes me think "this isn't Equestria" or "this isn't Twilight" and my suspension of disbelief is ruined. And it's not because the characterisation or ambience is bad, not really. It's just the feeling that the story is trying to force itself into happening in Equestria, to particular characters, instead of being a bunch of ponies doing pony stuff and pony things happening.

In this case, I can't help but feel the story is ocurring in some strange, urban fantasy universe someplace between Discworld and the Dresden Files. It's an awesome place, full of action and weirdness and humour and great characters and I'd love to read more about it. And it's a crying shame it's pretending to be Equestria.

Um... Am I making any sense here?
    Truth resists simplicity.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Orc in the Playground

Aw, shoot! too late to make the joke..
    At least I did it in EqD comments section, where more than one face will be promptly smashed by a hoof upon reading my comment.

Also in the cards there is a tangential description of Shining Armor and Cadence "intimate" games

Alrrighty, now to botch pass the "Project's Administration" test
    As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero.

Blackwing: I prefer to think of myself a super-advanced flying stealth dinosaur.

Forum Explorer: Reading or watching Cupcakes is like being shot. We honor your suffering but nobody wants it to happen.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Bugbear in the Playground

Topaz' Traditionally Tardy List of Pony tabletop RPGs:

Pony Tales (Aspirations of Harmony) (Homebrew)
    Ponies & Parasprites, Season Two (Homebrew)
    My Little Pony: Roleplaying is Magic, Season Two (Homebrew)
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, The Roleplaying Game (Homebrew)
    Pony Tales the RPG (D6 system based)
    Friendship is FATE (FATE system)
    The Savage World of My Little Pony (Savage Worlds)
    Puzzles and Ponies (Homebrew)
    Ponycraft (3D6 Homebrew)
    Friendship is Magic, the Tabletop RPG (Homebrew, these forums)
    Sereg's Pony RPG (D10 Homebrew)
    Unknown Ponies: Failure is Awesome (Unknown Armies)
    Don't Rest Your Hooves (Don't Rest Your Head)
    Ponies for D&D 4e
    Ponyfinder thread on Paizo forum
    Storyteller based Pony RPG tumblr
    Fallout: Equestria (Fallout Tabletop d100 project from [email protected] )

Further contributions and updates welcome!
    Last edited by Topaz; 2012-07-12 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Added Homebrew Pony Tales game. Thanks, BlasTech!
    Blue Star Topaz is my name
    Equestria's my station
    The Elements define my creed
    The Herd's my destination

16. - Top - End - #166

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post

That's one heck of a catch up post.
    I take it you weren't here, I'd say about a dozen threads ago, when SiuiS missed an entire thread so he did a quote post about the entire thing. It took up at least four full posts (50000 character limit) and possibly a fifth not sure on that part.
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ettin in the Playground

The good news is that WeLoveFine is offering a 25% off pony merchandise sale for the 4th of July, that will be open for the next three hours.

The bad news is that I've spent the past three hours trying to get their site to work. All the bronies have destroyed their servers.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

Those cards are pretty amusing though I won't consider them canon until they are referenced in show. (Paticuarlly the Element of Love which is just hilarious)

The Great and Powerful Trixie's card is pretty interesting. She has her location listed as Ponyville and unlike most antagonists does not register on the Mean meter.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

19. - Top - End - #169

The good news is that WeLoveFine is offering a 25% off pony merchandise sale for the 4th of July, that will be open for the next three hours.

The bad news is that I've spent the past three hours trying to get their site to work. All the bronies have destroyed their servers.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Which is why the only sane policy to pony canon is to use on air only.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Troll in the Playground

Which is why the only sane policy to pony canon is to use on air only.
    Nonsense!

We can piece it all together. We have the technology.

Presenting: THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR CANON!
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm not a traveling guy. If we had been there the whole time, rested, and I had money to spend, and I could do the one main thing I wanted to do, I might have enjoyed myself. But, even if I did, I couldn't justify spending several hours in line to meet the cast, and miss the rest of the events.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    I take it you weren't here, I'd say about a dozen threads ago, when SiuiS missed an entire thread so he did a quote post about the entire thing. It took up at least four full posts (50000 character limit) and possibly a fifth not sure on that part.
    I believe this is my 7th pony thread (out of 48...), so you are quite correct. I'm a mere atomic superboy really...

Actually, let me check and see when my first pony-post was. It was 2 months or so after I started to watch the show, so that should give me a clue.

I have no idea, but I think my first was on Riots.
    Last edited by Tvtyrant; 2012-07-04 at 07:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

24. - Top - End - #174

Figured I ought to give everypony a little Bronycon blurb here. It was fantastic and so much fun! So many sexy awesome ponies from our little corner of the internet here.

I'm just gonna say that the true highlight of my trip, even more than our dinner right next to De Lancie, more than all of the fantastic artwork and other pony merchandise, more than all of the awesome cosplayers there was the chance to hang out with friends from all over the world. I really hope to see even more Ponythreaders at Bronycon next time.

I am alive again after some sleep.

Here are Con pictures I have taken, due to lighting (especially after the fire and lights became less bright) and being a generally horrible photographer, many picture are slightly blurry and /or dim.

For some quick highlights:

Pony threaders! I am bad with names so I will not identify who is who. Note the back of Peter New and John De Lancie hidden in the corner of the first picture.
    Spoiler
    Show

Ponythreaders, identify yourselves, I want to know who you are.
    Well, I am the sexy stallion with the long, dark mane, and sexy goatee.

Which is to say: The one on the left side, second to back in the first pic, and right side front in the second.

Also, first pic, right side, second from back is my younger brother who joined us at Bronycon.
    Last edited by Vent Reynolt; 2012-07-05 at 02:48 AM.
    "Why is it that we receive a penny for our thoughts, but have to put in our 2 cents?"

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

Fluttershy in the Playground - third place

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ettin in the Playground

SUCCESS! With half an hour to go, I managed to make my purchases! Huuuurah!
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #176

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    I believe this is my 7th pony thread (out of 48...), so you are quite correct. I'm a mere atomic superboy really...

Actually, let me check and see when my first pony-post was. It was 2 months or so after I started to watch the show, so that should give me a clue.

I have no idea, but I think my first was on Riots.
    Correction actually, I think it's been nearly two dozen threads since that quote post somewhere between those numbers.
    Which shirt did you get?

Our Dem-mlpartists post got posted and this happened:
    Spoiler
    Show

Only one new question though. For anyone:
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

27. - Top - End - #177

Correction actually, I think it's been nearly two dozen threads since that quote post somewhere between those numbers.

Which shirt did you get?

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Concept: Have Mouser with a black eye talking while another pony is wearing the boxing gloves saying 'keep typing'. Any volunteers to be the puncher?
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

28. - Top - End - #178

Why would ponies wear boxing gloves?

Seems silly. Anyway, I just use magic.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Aw, man. People are actually looking.
    Ehe, heh.

Uh, think it's gone since time we should have the Tumblr's avatar sorted and any non-standardisation of the theme put in-place, don't you?
    Apparently there is an audience now.

What say we go for a Playground-browns look to compliment Thread-Pony, unless anyone has a better idea or a competing avatar?

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

All of my hate Raz, all of my hate. Seriously, I feel like I hit a comedy of errors there, where my net went out and I was trying to do it via AT&T on my iPhone and then it wouldn't load and then it loaded and then went to a 504 gateway timeout error and now it's 28 minutes too late.

/sob

Or the site could be so borked that the promo code works anyway even though the time is passed. /happy dance

Oh well, my utter sadness is tempered great joy is amplified by the fact that I also read Thanqol's "Do Not Serve These Ponies" this afternoon and it was the most hilarious thing ever.
    Last edited by Anarion; 2012-07-04 at 08:58 PM.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)