New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XLVIII: I say Ol' Chap, how about those Equestrians?

Does anyone else find it really odd that the Friendship is Witchcraft people manage to take one joke in the first episode and combine it with a single schtick into the consistently best pony music?
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

2. - Top - End - #122
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    -snip-
    Man, just looking in fear at the portal before you got whisked away gave you some crazy hallucinations.

Thubby, can I get some of that stuff? For... uh, science, you see.

EDIT: Train of thought ran into a passing whale. Classic.
    Last edited by Siosilvar; 2012-07-04 at 10:54 AM.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Siosilvar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Right, now that Thanqol has posted up his art (in a general sense, Easy was definately "arty!") for the day for critique, I shall follow suite...

Spoiler
    Show
    I also feel like the front... what are they, shins? between the two blue joints—are a little thin.
    Going back a bit, as it only now occurs to me, as I come to examine it, to ask the question... Thin in which direction? I.e. the thickness of the leg at that portion, or the vertical distance between the blue articulation points?

(Working on the improved head, which looks better and a bit less like a cow - will post pictures later, once I've tweaked to my satisfaction.)

4. - Top - End - #124
    Troll in the Playground

Wait, a cage? You moved a cage to put a gummy portal under? Bwahaha! You know I have to maintain my Good alignment somehow, you can't go around picking on underdogs near people with time portals and make such silly mistakes.
    well, actually, i moved the portal to over the cage, but that's not important. i had to have somewhere to put him. and as i mentioned earlier, I'm out of writing desks. the gummies are working on stone ones, but they take forever

Man, just looking in fear at the portal before you got whisked away gave you some crazy hallucinations.

Thubby, can I get some of that stuff? For... uh, science, you see.

EDIT: Train of thought ran into a passing whale. Classic.
    there's nothing to give really.
    *idly tugs at reality*
    "portal" is just a term of convenience. i have other methods, of course, but the easiest move is to just punch a whole in both dimensions and navigate the intervening void.

if you just want to be terrified, though. that can be arranged
    Last edited by thubby; 2012-07-04 at 11:22 AM.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    I think I've answered your question for 'reviews' before so I think you'll know what I'll say. Only problem is what Thanqol already pointed out.

I was only going to read the prelude to find out if I wanted to read the story and then I just continued on with it.
    You have? I might have missed that

Anyway, glad to hear it. That's a great sign

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    Read it, don't really have anything to say except it looks pretty good and I cannot immediately see anything wrong with it.
    Yay ^^

6. - Top - End - #126
    Pixie in the Playground

My friend (if I could call him that) has finally gone back to Europe.

I can now post the things I got/did at bronycon. Yay.

All the stuff I got; my brother has some other stuff we got in his room.
    Spoiler
    Show

My pass and a button made by Speccy.
    Spoiler
    Show

A poster signed by:
    Dustykatt
    Atryl
    Eurobeat Brony
    Egophiliac
    Empty10 (He made it)
    SpeccySY
    Aphex
    Raikassu
    Final Draft
    123Hamster
    Pixel-Kitties
    Solrac
    KevinSano
    KefkaFloyd
    Spoiler
    Show

Aphex drew me something for a dollar.
    Aphex: "Let's give her a cookie 'cause she's a little fat-ass."
    Spoiler
    Show

Badass etch-a-sketch.
    Spoiler
    Show

ComicCon poster.
    Lauren plz sign I will love 4evr.
    Spoiler
    Show

Lazerponies.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lost my sense of direction, de-railed, eject, off the starboard side.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

Well crap. What should we do now, sir?

Tartarus if I kn- Wait! The OCCC! Clockwork, can you re-design the controls in order to fire the cube through space-time?

Of course I can but, what good will that do?

It'll distract Thubby long enough for us to find a a way out of here!

I fail to see how we'll be able to escape this weird black emptiness.

*Gasp! Raises hoof.*. Ooh! Ooh! Big Brother! I can help!

Go for it.

*Takes off socks. Transforms socks into glowing katanas.* Big Brother, is that cube shooty thing ready?

Already done.

*Slices open portal just above Thubby's head. Slices open another portal just below the OCCC.* Fire!

*Presses button.*

*127 steadily fire out of the OCCC directly towards Thubby's head. Just as the first cube impacts, the 3 friends run for their lives!*
    Well, I suppose it falls to me to save the day here. Igor, activate the-oh for the love of Celestia, Igor, stop loafing around and get up, we have work to do!
    *Igor's remains ignite and he reforms from the ashes* oOoK
    Oh, stop whining and activate our portal network.
    Ook. *portals open to pull Clockwork and company out of danger*
    Last edited by Alabenson; 2012-07-04 at 11:37 AM.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ettin in the Playground

Just dropping by to say I'll be starting work next week, so if anything, I'll be more scarce than before.

*obligatory post per thread stamp*

*lurks*

PS: Also, loving these Bronycon pics.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Troll in the Playground

Now now, we can't have that.

Destination: ρϕθ remain, t minus five minutes.

DOOR opening.

Property damage or sanity damage, you don't get both.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    Well, I suppose it falls to me to save the day here. Igor, activate the-oh for the love of Celestia, Igor, stop loafing around and get up, we have work to do!
    Oh, stop whining and activate oru portal network.
    you, and indeed maxtronaut himself, got beat to the punch.
    and would either of you really want to start an inter-dimensional war with an extra-dimensional being that regularly moves throughout your facilities with impunity?
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground

Going back a bit, as it only now occurs to me, as I come to examine it, to ask the question... Thin in which direction? I.e. the thickness of the leg at that portion, or the vertical distance between the blue articulation points?

(Working on the improved head, which looks better and a bit less like a cow - will post pictures later, once I've tweaked to my satisfaction.)
    Thickness was what I was thinking. Looking at it again, only the left (image left, Ja-whatsit's right) one looks too thin, so it's probably just a matter of the camera angle.

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    there's nothing to give really.
    *idly tugs at reality*
    "portal" is just a term of convenience. i have other methods, of course, but the easiest move is to just punch a whole in both dimensions and navigate the intervening void.

if you just want to be terrified, though. that can be arranged
    I'll pa—you know what? Just drop one at these coordinates. I'm sure the terrifying and insanity will happen on its own time if I mess around with it too much. I'm already MAD!!!, what's a bit more?

*portals open to pull Clockwork and company out of danger*
    Been there, done that.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

11. - Top - End - #131
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    You have? I might have missed that

Anyway, glad to hear it. That's a great sign
    What I meant was pretty much every time I've answered someone's question for reviewing on this site has been whether I enjoyed reading it or not.
    A good scale of how much I enjoyed it: After I started reading, I set aside an hour and put off playing my absolute favorite character in Skyrim I've had.
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

12. - Top - End - #132
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    I had to break a heart.

It was awful to do, but it had to be done.
    Sorry to hear that. Never a fun thing to do. Hope it was a fairly clean break so it can start healing as soon as possible

This needs to make it into the OP or Soras's post next time we get a new thread.
    It's hardly a comprehensive list, although if others want to add to it we could make a collaborative one. I'll put it in a spoiler box next time though.

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Does anyone else find it really odd that the Friendship is Witchcraft people manage to take one joke in the first episode and combine it with a single schtick into the consistently best pony music?
    They've actually had a song every episode, starting with the polka mix of "Friday" in the first episode.

I think the reason Pinkie's songs are so catchy is that they're just fairly simple and upbeat melodies, extremely humable, coupled with clever lyrics. I don't think the Orphanage Song that they used in place of Hop Skip and a Jump is catchy in comparison, for example, and Sweetie's Big Race, while catchy in its own right, doesn't feel like it has the staying power of Gypsy Bard or Pinkie's Brew. I think it's the robot voice and the fact that the lyrics aren't as clever if you're listening to it separately from the video.

Plus Jenny does a really good Pinkie voice
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    What I meant was pretty much every time I've answered someone's question for reviewing on this site has been whether I enjoyed reading it or not.
    A good scale of how much I enjoyed it: After I started reading, I set aside an hour and put off playing my absolute favorite character in Skyrim I've had.
    Ah. Wow.

That makes me feel a lot better about it. I've been feeling like this story was probably a lot of rubbish

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    you, and indeed maxtronaut himself, got beat to the punch.
    and would either of you really want to start an inter-dimensional war with an extra-dimensional being that regularly moves throughout your facilities with impunity?
    That largely depends on the likelihood of Silent Night being destroyed as colateral damage. Or completely intentional damage, I'm not picky.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Show

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ettin in the Playground

Thanqol: Do Not Serve These Ponies is brilliant. And I want more. And I will show you that I am not a hasbeen you prolific son of a diamond dog just you wait and see I'll make new fics which will blow yours right out of the water

I mean, uh. I feel that a year is far too long to have gone without producing pony fiction. And will be working on fixing that. Along with Heroics.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

16. - Top - End - #136

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    They've actually had a song every episode, starting with the polka mix of "Friday" in the first episode.

I think the reason Pinkie's songs are so catchy is that they're just fairly simple and upbeat melodies, extremely humable, coupled with clever lyrics. I don't think the Orphanage Song that they used in place of Hop Skip and a Jump is catchy in comparison, for example, and Sweetie's Big Race, while catchy in its own right, doesn't feel like it has the staying power of Gypsy Bard or Pinkie's Brew. I think it's the robot voice and the fact that the lyrics aren't as clever if you're listening to it separately from the video.

Plus Jenny does a really good Pinkie voice
    One thing I will say to compare Gyspsy Bard to Pinkie's Brew is that Brew took more care to make literary references to highlight the depressing and dangerous situation, but Bard seems to be an evolution in their music making capabilities.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

17. - Top - End - #137

Oh, stop whining and activate our portal network.
    Woo!

Woo!

Wee!

Boffenspark! Do you have a time machine?! I need to know, there just may be a way to save my ship!
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Troll in the Playground

Boffenspark! Do you have a time machine?! I need to know, there just may be a way to save my ship!
    *checks mirror* Well, I haven't gone invisible. *runs a scan* And I'm not undetectable. Which means I am not volunteering mine for you again, as ungrateful as you are.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

19. - Top - End - #139

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    One thing I will say to compare Gyspsy Bard to Pinkie's Brew is that Brew took more care to make literary references to highlight the depressing and dangerous situation, but Bard seems to be an evolution in their music making capabilities.
    Literary references? What am I missing? Wordplay, absolutely, but what literature is referenced in there?

I think that Bard also better integrates the cheerful elements with the sad ones. The depressing bits of Brew are mostly the verse by her dead parents and the little sigh at the end. Bard has both threads running through the entire song, and the same verse makes you want to smile a whistle along and cry at the same time.
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

Thickness was what I was thinking. Looking at it again, only the left (image left, Ja-whatsit's right) one looks too thin, so it's probably just a matter of the camera angle.
    I left that, then, for the moment.

So, next iteration:

Spoiler
    Show

And one that, as with the finished model, has both floaty guns.

Now, that's exactly the same model, except I've changed the head. Which means the legs are identically sized and posed as to the last picture, but you have two new viewing angles on 'em. The head's been slimmed horizontally, as well as a bit more streamlined.

I took some thought from Tiki's attempts, and decided that there was no reason for the helmet to be as face-fitting as it was. Just because the Jalyrkieons have more pony-shaped heads doesn't mean that their helmets have to be... (And given that, famously, Space Marine helmets haven't always been human-head shaped (see the old conehead marines...) So I decided to make the helmet more horse-face-y, and the "visor" is now envisioned less as goggle-like "vision slits" ala (say) Halo dudes, but more like a clear face plate on a bubble helmet, such as you might see in, say, Babylon 5's starfury helmets; i.e. the face plate isn't right close to the face.

The horns are now really, really, really, as good as I can get them, and I'm really skirting the limits of the material thicknesses with that so it's a bit hopeul as to whether they'll print.

(Okay, they now look a bit more like giraffes than cows... but on the other hand, looking at it that way, giraffes do have four horns in a position not that far away from Jalyrkieon ones, and given the exaggeration necessary with the materials, I think that's probably inevitable.)
    Still, I think it's a significant improvement!

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

I think we have a winner.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

Woo!

Woo!

Wee!

Unfortunately not anymore; Princess Celestia forced me to dismantle my only prototype and forbade me from conducting any more research in that area. She said something about it posing an unacceptable threat to all current and potential existences, I wasn’t really paying attention.
    However, should you so desire, you shall have my full assistance in rebuilding your ship.

My Homebrew

Show

23. - Top - End - #143

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    Literary references? What am I missing? Wordplay, absolutely, but what literature is referenced in there?

I think that Bard also better integrates the cheerful elements with the sad ones. The depressing bits of Brew are mostly the verse by her dead parents and the little sigh at the end. Bard has both threads running through the entire song, and the same verse makes you want to smile a whistle along and cry at the same time.
    Macbeth, Hunchback of Notredam, and an anglo-saxon proverb.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Just dropping by to say I'll be starting work next week, so if anything, I'll be more scarce than before.

*obligatory post per thread stamp*

*lurks*

PS: Also, loving these Bronycon pics.
    Awww man, not you too. Dam you, slowly recovering economy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

26. - Top - End - #146

Unfortunately not anymore; Princess Celestia forced me to dismantle my only prototype and forbade me from conducting any more research in that area. She said something about it posing an unacceptable threat to all current and potential existences, I wasn’t really paying attention.
    However, should you so desire, you shall have my full assistance in rebuilding your ship.

Interesting. We have a few portals just for that reason. Admitly, they send you to a standered point in time, but neverless it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    I don't really hold that against you or anything... and it's not like I haven't seen worse... it's just...

How..... I don't understand...
    It's.... It's.... It's....
    It's a cartoon....
    It's colorful ponies for christ's sake! I don't understand!
    How!?!
    HOW!?!
    GOOD GOD WHY!?!

I DON'T WANT THAT HONOR!
    Reading Cupcakes is like being shot. We honor your suffering but nobody wants it to happen.

Especially since that, unlike Bambi (which at least had the decency to have sorta half-a-point, in an anti-hunting or Man verses Nature sorta way), that was villifying carnivores and predators as Evil; an attitude I find unequivocably and indefensibly excreble. Predators are predators, that's what they do! And 99% of them are far more interesting than most herbivores, nonsentient equines included!

(Watching herbivores eat is, let's face it, not interesting. Watching something hunting, be it a plant, to a predatory sea snail to an ant-eater to a hunting wasp to a chimpanzee to a weasel, is at least entertaining. A cow/deer/horse eating grass is really not.)
    I disagree with this. Watching herbivores eating can be very interesting. There's so much you can notice as they eat such as defensive behaviors, grazing patterns, preferred food and so much more.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Reading Cupcakes is like being shot. We honor your suffering but nobody wants it to happen.
    Amen, and now a modified version is in my signature
    As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero.

Blackwing: I prefer to think of myself a super-advanced flying stealth dinosaur.

Forum Explorer: Reading or watching Cupcakes is like being shot. We honor your suffering but nobody wants it to happen.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ettin in the Playground

Someone has scanned the backs of all the Character cards for the Friendship is Magic trading cards. Among other things, apparently there is a seventh Element of Harmony, Love, which Shining Armor and Cadence co-wield. Personally, I'm invoking Death of the Author on that one.
    There are also a couple of errors on them though, for one, apparently Pinkie is Tank's owner.
    I like how the text on Discord's card is upside down.
    And apparently Discord is only four-fifths of the maximum threat to Equestria? There must be some REALLY nasty villains in season three....
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2012-07-04 at 02:07 PM.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

30. - Top - End - #150

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    Someone has scanned the backs of all the Friendship is Magic trading cards. Among other things, apparently their is a seventh Element of Harmony, Love, which Shining Armor and Cadence co-wield.
    There are also a couple of errors on them though, for one, apparently Pinkie is Tank's owner.
    I like how the text on Discord's card is upside down.
    Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Death of the auther, folks. Or, preferably, the death of hasbros folks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show