New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XLVIII: I say Ol' Chap, how about those Equestrians?

Possibly the "Crystal Empire" is in fact merely a mining consortium with delusions of grandeur?
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!

2. - Top - End - #632
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    Crystal Empire? Isn't it a bit early for this show to jump the shark?
    not necessarily, we met Princess Cadence already, now we're hopefully gonna find out where she resides.

EDIT: What the place looks like
    Last edited by domin8r; 2012-07-08 at 10:01 PM.

3. - Top - End - #633
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Kd7sov View Post
    Possibly the "Crystal Empire" is in fact merely a mining consortium with delusions of grandeur?
    It's actually the former empire of the Diamond Dogs, which was destroyed by an incursion of dragons in 76 PP (Pre-Pony). It was mostly synonymous with the current location of Equestria, and is frequently used as the Ur-example for supporting the Gryphon's (I prefer this spelling) against the dragons. As long as neither side actually winds, the ponies do.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

4. - Top - End - #634
    Pixie in the Playground

OK, I have not yet read a MLP Fan fic. Can somepony please enlighten me on a good one?

5. - Top - End - #635
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by domin8r View Post
    OK, I have not yet read a MLP Fan fic. Can somepony please enlighten me on a good one?
    I guess it depends on what you like.

Spike becoming an adult:
    It takes a village
    My favorite Celestia and Twilight fic:

Eternal

Most of my other favorites are TwilightxCelestia or TwilightxLuna, so yeah.

Here is a good resource for finding them: Equestria Daily Super Simple Sorter!

6. - Top - End - #636
    Troll in the Playground

'Spose I should get myself added to the Tumblr OC list. This avatar works, since it's the only thing I have about the right size.

Description: "Madder and sciencier."
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

7. - Top - End - #637
    Ogre in the Playground

What sort of things are you looking for?

A few good ways to search:
    • Filter EQD's archive by star rating as a rough guide. This is somewhat biased - recently stories featring shipping, and problematically, M/M shipping in particular, are likely to be given lower ratings.
    • Look at the reviews One Man's Pony Ramblings of EQD's 6-star fics to further subdivide the fairly long list the above step might get you.
    • Have a look through the archive Pony Fiction Vault.

You may also be interested to see the top-favourited stories on FIMFiction.
    Last edited by Bryn; 2012-07-08 at 10:27 PM.

8. - Top - End - #638
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    I think I made a beautiful post today using Bleakbane's information, go look at it.
    That is the model I plan on using for any and all information pages on members in the future. On the Member's List page is a link to that bio entry too.

Two newest questions:
    Spoiler
    Show

Un-arted questions, to my knowledge that is:
    Spoiler
    Show

For the changling question:

"Hey! How would you feel if you got hit with a Tsunami of water? It's the same thing really."

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    So Cadance is associated with an upcoming toyline called "Crystal Empire". Just like the current toyline with Twilight and Celestia is "Canterlot" toyline.

Time for wild speculations ponies!

What is the Crystal Empire?!?! Will it be in Season 3? How will this change FiM?
    Crystal Empire is the old unicorns who didn't follow Princess Platinum to Equestria. Candance was called into existence to deal with the Windigos who still plague that land and now she is their princess.

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    Crystal Empire? Isn't it a bit early for this show to jump the shark?

Oh, please let it not be so...
    I really don't know what you are talking about. What's so bad about Crystal Empire?
    You've got a lot of choices.

For an epic finished story I would recommend Fallout Equestria

For a great shipping story I would recommend Yours Truly

For a good (incomplete) comedy I would recommend Slice of Life

For a horror story with some shipping I would recommend the first few stories of the Silent Ponyville series. I didn't like the last one.

That should be good for now.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

9. - Top - End - #639
    Pixie in the Playground

Thanks, I have them bookmarked so I'll be reading these very soon.

Anymore recommendations other than Grimdark
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm trying to beat out my silly curiosity, Grimdark freaks me out
    I'd like to catch-up on the fan-fic "story so far" if you know what I mean.
    Last edited by domin8r; 2012-07-08 at 10:34 PM.

10. - Top - End - #640
    Ettin in the Playground

I've heard that "Misted Stage" was an interesting fic, although its author dropped off the map and hasn't released another story in over a year. Action/Shipping/Comedy, and a plot that needs to be carefully sussed out.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

11. - Top - End - #641
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    I've heard that "Misted Stage" was an interesting fic, although its author dropped off the map and hasn't released another story in over a year. Action/Shipping/Comedy, and a plot that needs to be carefully sussed out.
    Oh yeah. Darthbobcat wrote that, didn't he?

12. - Top - End - #642
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Siosilvar View Post
    'Spose I should get myself added to the Tumblr OC list. This avatar works, since it's the only thing I have about the right size.

Name? or is Siosilvar what you want? And I think like 1 in 60 ponies in this forum are scientists, mad or not.
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

13. - Top - End - #643
    Firbolg in the Playground

Oh, boy can I ever.

Cupcakes Don't ever look for this.

Yours Truly: By our own Thanqol, this story... can't really be described. Read it.

Background Pony: Possibly my favorite fanfiction. It's got beautiful poetic language, philosophical musings, a refined sense of pathos running rampant, and it's long. Like, two-paperback's-worth-so-far-with-the-end-only-just-now-in-sight long. If sad, triumphant, lyrical stories are your thing, it's definitely worth the read.

Contraptionology: Like Background Pony, Contraptionology is a first person story, which I find improves most stories. However, where Background Pony is a psychological drama, Contraptionology is an almost steampunk mad science comedy. Tons of love there.

Arrow 18 Mission Logs: Lone Ranger: This is probably one of the few Human In Equestria fics that I like. This is probably because the hero is quite literally a human who is the first to land on Equestria.

The Things We Leave Behind: Poignant. Touching. Brilliant. This story tells about the events a year after Trixie comes back to Ponyville.

Anthropology: Another comedy focusing on Lyra, specifically the human-obsessed fanon version of her. Turns out, there's a good reason she's interested in humans...

The Pony Psychology Series: This is a darker Equestria. There is a price to be paid for all magic, and more powerful magics demand greater sacrifices. The real reason I love this story is because of the semi-sequel which explains Ditzy Doo. She's a secret agent who sustained brain damage when she broke a griffon mob boss's beak with her face. Epic Derpy is epic.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

14. - Top - End - #644
    Pixie in the Playground

WOW, Thanks Guys I have this page bookmarked, So I'll DEFINITELY be reading most all of the suggestions, but keep in mind, I'm not too big on creepy grimdark, I don't mind a little Grimness, but as long as it's not HORRIFYINGLY Grim, I'm fine with it.

Again, Thanks everyone for the suggestions

15. - Top - End - #645

Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

16. - Top - End - #646
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

cannot recommend
    http://www.fimfiction.net/story/5764...ess%27s-Reward
    enough
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

17. - Top - End - #647
    Troll in the Playground

Name? or is Siosilvar what you want? And I think like 1 in 60 ponies in this forum are scientists, mad or not.
    "Waveλength". Or "Wavelength" if you prefer to use the non-stylized version. Can't you read?
    Last edited by Siosilvar; 2012-07-08 at 11:30 PM. Reason: needs more smileys
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

18. - Top - End - #648
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Waveλength". Or "Wavelength" if you prefer to use the non-stylized version. Can't you read?
    Damn, my secrets out. You didn't have to be so mean about it. Everyone else had the courtesy to not say anything.

... Updated list.

New questions, you guys (and maybe the other followers) hit the inbox hard today:
    Spoiler
    Show

Good time to ask as any, Lix do you want anything member's list wise?

Now, sleep calls for me.
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

19. - Top - End - #649

Damn, my secrets out. You didn't have to be so mean about it. Everyone else had the courtesy to not say anything.

... Updated list.

New questions, you guys (and maybe the other followers) hit the inbox hard today:
    Spoiler
    Show

Good time to ask as any, Lix do you want anything member's list wise?

Now, sleep calls for me.
    1. No, but there is a possible "Lords of the Cosmos" group that would probably consist of Bleakbane, Lixie, thubby (?) and Phoe Mask Silent Night.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #650
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm not personally fond of them, but my assistant loves them.
    OOK!

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    1. No, but there is a possible "Lords of the Cosmos" group that would probably consist of Bleakbane, Lixie, thubby (?) and Phoe Mask Silent Night.
    A gathering like that could only result in an orgy of violence and shipping.
    We need to assemble this group and put the results on pay-per-view as soon as possible.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

21. - Top - End - #651
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I call the last one.

Spoiler
    Show

I apologize again for my terrible art. I'll try and make a better one next week.
    Last edited by Tvtyrant; 2012-07-09 at 12:24 AM.

22. - Top - End - #652

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    A gathering like that could only result in an orgy of violence and shipping.
    We need to assemble this group and put the results on pay-per-view as soon as possible.
    We still need that Star-War's poster assemble of the "cast" of ponythread first. Then, funky superbeing hyjinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    I call the last one.
    It actualy works! Stallions, don't you wish for your horn to go from this

to this?

Side effects include....
    Spoiler
    Show

....this.

Note: Cult funds where in no way directed to the marketing of this product, within which contains no amount of small necromantic mind-control substances.
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2012-07-09 at 12:39 AM.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #653
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post

It actualy works! Stallions, don't you wish for your horn to be like this?

Note: Cult funds where in no way directed to the marketing of this product, within which contains no amount of small necromantic mind-control substances.
    I wish I had seen this one before I posted. Maybe I should do a second comic....

24. - Top - End - #654

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    I wish I had seen this one before I posted. Maybe I should do a second comic....
    Include a " Side effects include" thing at the bottom, which may or may not include, " Post-mortam awakening, skin discoloration, hair loss, and liquification of family members."
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2012-07-09 at 12:47 AM.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #655
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    ...define free will.
    The conceit that entities may act without it being solely a result determined by natural causes.

Best I can do.

26. - Top - End - #656
    Orc in the Playground

I think I made a beautiful post today using Bleakbane's information, go look at it.
    That is the model I plan on using for any and all information pages on members in the future. On the Member's List page is a link to that bio entry too.
    Not to be a bother Strife, but in the other posts the artists are usually among the tags. Would you mind editing that in?

27. - Top - End - #657
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

The Pony vs. Dalek comic updated!
    Spoiler
    Show

Link to first page.
    Last edited by Tvtyrant; 2012-07-09 at 12:47 AM.

28. - Top - End - #658
    Banned

The opening post of just about every thread barring the Time-Locked ones contains a List of thread approved fics, many of which hav been written by thread goers.

Note that every fic in that list is gold star material. It is NOT just an endorsement for people we know. They are actual, honest-to-Luna authors.

So an engineer, then.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Oh yeah. Darthbobcat wrote that, didn't he?
    no, no he wrote that one about Rainbow Dash getting glasses.

-

Appropos of nothing, I have a request for those who have the wherewithal. Can you stat yourself in (new) World of Darkness core? I'm trying to see if I have a good enough understanding of it to display actual people. If Anypony is up for it, try to use the minimum amount of experience possible (preferably 0, but we've it some exceptional folks here, some with notches in their belt, ad both). And I displaying is an issue, I actually have an open PM box! Which is marvelous. I'll have to make note I how liberating that is and keep it up...

Anyway, please and thank you. Have a good night!

29. - Top - End - #659
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    no, no he wrote that one about Rainbow Dash getting glasses.
    He sure called that one.

Appropos of nothing, I have a request for those who have the wherewithal. Can you stat yourself in (new) World of Darkness core? I'm trying to see if I have a good enough understanding of it to display actual people. If Anypony is up for it, try to use the minimum amount of experience possible (preferably 0, but we've it some exceptional folks here, some with notches in their belt, ad both). And I displaying is an issue, I actually have an open PM box! Which is marvelous. I'll have to make note I how liberating that is and keep it up...

Anyway, please and thank you. Have a good night!
    Pchaw:

Spoiler
    Show
    Daniel

AKA Thanqol
    Male Australian

“You Can Be More.”

STATBLOCK

ATTRIBUTES
    Intelligence 3
    Wits 2
    Resolve 3

Strength 2
    Dexterity 3
    Stamina 1

Presence 2
    Manipulation 3
    Composure 2

MENTAL
    Academics 4 (English Literature +1)
    Computer 1
    Crafts
    Investigation
    Occult 2
    Politics 3
    Medicine
    Science 1

PHYSICAL
    Athletics
    Brawl 1
    Drive 2
    Firearms
    Larceny
    Stealth
    Survival
    Weaponry 1

SOCIAL
    Animal Ken
    Empathy 1
    Expression 3 (Creative Writing +1)
    Intimidation
    Persuasion 2 (If I Can Do It, So Can You +1)
    Socialize
    Streetwise
    Subterfuge 1

MERITS
    Resources 2
    Contacts (Internet) 1
    Common Sense 4

Morality: 8
    VIRTUE: Hope
    VICE: Sloth

DERIVED TRAITS
    Willpower 5/5
    Defense 2
    Health 6/6
    Speed 10

Last edited by Thanqol; 2012-07-09 at 01:42 AM.

30. - Top - End - #660
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Is this slightly better? Because if not I am going to let Pokonic use his stuff, its much better.
    Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by Tvtyrant; 2012-07-09 at 01:33 AM.