New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XLVIII: I say Ol' Chap, how about those Equestrians?

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    Would now be a good time to say you spelt Boffinspark incorrectly?

Thubby, ouch. Was it motorized? Like a motorcycle thing, or were you just going down a steep hill?

Hey, look a distraction! Depending on screen size, it may stretch, you have been warned.
    Spoiler
    Show

it's not even that steep tbh. i was pumping to get enough momentum to shoot up the hill i live at the top of. the pedals seized mid stroke and the jolt sent me into a drain.

my first look at it makes me think the rear derailleur was loose and the chain made a bad jump, but I'll know for sure when i take the whole thing apart after i stop feeling like someone hit me with a sack of gravel.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

2. - Top - End - #572
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    ok, so. i just fell off my bike at 30 mph. im surprisingly ok, but it kind of hurts to exist.

ponythread, console me. or just bury in me cute fluffiness to distract me. either works.
    very well then..
    http://my.deviantart.com/messages/#/d56ja32
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

3. - Top - End - #573
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    In other news! I am in a strange predicament where I have more time than I'm*Used to, but that it's probably better for me not to do anything leisurely with it. So! In order to make progress on my stated goal o being more ponysane and less of a barely quiescent, raging jerk, I'm going to... Temporarily shelve my element. Go back to the fun pony stuff. Post smaller, and probably less frequently.
    *eyeglow roll*

Guess it's down to me to take up the slack, then...

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Did the UK get a different intro or something? Otherwise you once again are proving yourself to have exceedingly narrow tastes, and/or engage in considerable hyperbolic melodrama towards anything you don't care for.
    I dunno, but I have to say that the intro titles for the Brave and the Bold are by far one of the most utterly dreadfully banal sequences I have ever seen on a TV series (I mean, it weren't German-Naruto-dub bad, but that's hardly saying anything). I'd rank it worse than Avatar's, which was pretty meh (especially after they left it unchanged for three seasons). Batman climbing names while some pretty awful music plays... Urgh. It was bad enough to nearly put me off the show completely (on the basis if they cared that little about the show, which was mainly about Batman (whom I'm not a big fan of), then what was the rest of the show like.) When compared to something, like, say JL's or JLU's intros, BatB's didn't deserve to lick their boots. (How a show, that, clearly in latter episodes, had such a musical talent, managed to misstep THAT badly on the intro titles, I do NOT know.) Shuki Levy it was NOT.

It was not helped by the fact that CN and children's channels over here are pretty rubbish when it comes to showing new stuff (they tend to show stuff in short blocks and repeat adfinitum, and only very slowly does new stuff trickle in. I still don't know if they ever showed the latter half of MLP, for example.) And the fact that they are pretty crap at making trailers for their shows on top. By the time the internet had educated me on the highlights of the series, and I'd started to see a few of the latter episodes myself, they'd more or less taken it off air.

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Alright, I said I was going to post in the morning, but I clearly failed there. As an apology, have loads of Bronycon pictures!
    Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc
    And once again, me and Lauren. Just because.
    Spoiler
    Show
    You're never gonna let that one go are you?

Good for you!

I am very proud of you! I whole-metaphorically-heartedly approve! Gloating is a fine start down the road to villainy! We'll make a moustache-twirling villain out of you yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Also your games seem really fun.
    One tries.

(It helps that after doin' it for twenty years, yer sorta get a good lot of practise! What kills me is that I manage to get it right even if, after writing something, I look at it and say "ooh, is that gonna be too much/too long" etc...!)

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    *coughs pointedly*
    Nasty cough you've got there, dude. Better go see a cleric or somethin'...

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion
    Preach it!

Also, quite frankly, I'm tired of things being masculine or feminine as if those are evaluative terms. Something can be assertive, and it is a good thing because being assertive is a good quality for everyone. Something can be sensitive and that's a good thing because everyone should understand other people better. Something can be arrogant or abrasive and those are bad for everyone because they make others feel belittled or unimportant. You get my point.
    I concur with both you and SiuiS.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    No I'm not. At least not according to the guide thingy the prereader gave me.

Spoiler
    Show

"Words," he said.

"Words," said Character.

"Words and a short pause," said Character, "and then the rest of the sentence."

"Words!" said Character. "I love words!"

"Words?" asked Character. "You think to assault me with words?"

"Words..." said Character.

"Words—"

"Words"—mid-sentence action with no speech verb—"and more words." (note the lack of spaces and commas)

An alternate version to this is

"Words," mid-sentence action with no speech verb, "and more words."
    See, now that is a useful thing to have. (It's also nice to know I have been doin' it right meself...)

I killed a grammar mistake, lookit! Lookit! *Hurks up a new Do Not Serve These Ponies chapter onto the carpet*
    Huzzah!

*reads*

Mwahahahahahahahahaha!

Tumblr data (and remember, Strife, you asked for this!)

Spoiler
    Show
    Commadore Bleakbane is a Spirit-Bound skeletal Lich in the service of the Army Of The Red Spear (Aotrs). (His usual internet pseudonym is the now-inaccurate monkier of Aotrs Commander, since he's been promoted twice since he started using the internet, and can't be bothered to update it.) Bleakbane is a through-and-through Lawful Evil, megalomanical, omnicidal manic with a truely astounding level of arrogance. You may think you're pretty arrogant, or That Guy you know is quite arrogant, but Bleakbane is way more arrogant that anyone you know or can think of, no, seriously. His arrogance is special, and elite form of arrogance that stems from natural ability, enhanced by Lich racial traits, and honed over years a fine art. Like all great military leaders, he is also extremely willing to talk about himself in the third person.

At length.

He hangs around on ponythread mostly because - aside from the all the pony - ponythread are not only daft enough to put up with him, but even daft enough to encourage him on occasion...

Bleakbane shows a refreshing tendancy to treat almost everyone equally, and has a complete lack of bigotry (vampires do not count, in anything, ever), though what this all really means is he is equally prepared to bash, maim and set the souls of on fire of everyone (regardless of age, species, race, gender, orientation or any other division you care to name), as he is keen to point out "equal" does not mean "nice".

Due to a series of events almost entirely the fault of ponythread, his body is no longer bone, but composed of an exotic mithril alloy, augmenting his already considerable personal offensive capabilites; which include a prestidgious level of spellcasting (mostly in necromancy and comabt spells), the enhanced physical abilities that come from beign a Lich, and his favourite weapon, the SK-series Snake Guided Missile Launcher, which he generally refers to playfully as his "rocket launcher". The launcher is itself a weapon, as it is quite big enough and sturdy enough to bludgeon people to death with, as Bleakbane will cheefrully demonstrate.

The Aotrs is a star-spanning, high-tech, high-thaumatergy Evil paramilitary organisation composed largely of Spirit-Bound Liches under the service of Lord Death Despoil the Lichmaster. Despite being relatively small in size, it's technolgical advancement and reliance on highly-skilled and competant personell makes it one of the major powers. (It also makes Bleakbane a literal card-carrying member of Team Evil.)

Bleakbane is in charge of Bleak Despair station, a deep-space facility who's primary goal is to guard the small wormhole which leads to the Sol system. While, under current technologies, the wormhole is inaccessible to starships, in allows transmission of energy (e.g. communications, teleportation) and is still considered a potential threat as a back door into Aotrs space. Bleakbane, being an Earth native originally, is thus well-suited to keeping an eye on the situation, and splits his time between the station and Earth, transiting via Aotrs Gate technology and spells. And the commanding officer of the Bleak Despair scetor, it affords Bleakbane the resources of Bleak Despiar itself, and the considerable might of the Bleak Despair sector fleet of Aotrs starships.

Bleakbane is ably assisted by Commander Hopereaver (when they are not bickering), who is (due a series of events entirely the fault of ponythread) currently a sort of magical-girl pseudo-Lich, retaining her fleshy form, but gaining the advantages of Lich racial abilities and able to access a sort of magical-girl form in addition. She has decided that this state is a compromise she can unlive with. Bleakbane is also assisted by the lieutenant, the station's compliment of War Droids, his collection of Pokemon (of which the lead offender Darkspark, is a Pikachu very nearly as psychotic as his master) and Star-Sergeant Derpy, who was given honourary rank in the Aotrs for services rendered to Bleakbane.

It is not recommended to ask Bleakbane many questions, unless you actually want to get an answer, which will be long-winded and go of for pages and pages. Once, someone asked him to explain what these "Cybertanks" he kept referring to, and got a 5000-word essay in response. Even a simple question like "hey, Bleakbane, hadn't you ought to write something for the tumblr, since you're likely to be referenced and whatnot" is likely to generate a long, wordy response entirely disproportionatly length to the question at hand. (This tendancy is not helped by the Lich racial tendancy to monologue, Bleakbane's ability to remember - and dig up - the minutae of things people have said months ago and the fact he just likes the sound of his own typing or something.) Fortunately, since art is not among Bleakbane's many, many talents, this is a lower likelihood of occuring on the tumblr...

Feel free to amend, or get a more... neutral party... to write something if you'd prefer.

Believe it not, this is the "short" version... I could have gone on...and on...

Reposting image link, for ease of findin' of...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Original Bleakbane current avatar image, as provided by PrinceAquilaDei.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-07-08 at 09:45 AM.

4. - Top - End - #574
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

5. - Top - End - #575
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by That Lich Guy View Post
    Huzzah!

*reads*

Mwahahahahahahahahaha!
    I see my choice of alien meets with your approval?

I've even got a picture of Trustworthy McLegitimate. Anything you recognise?
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2012-07-08 at 10:56 AM.

6. - Top - End - #576
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    Tumblr Post Two image Two!
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't know if it's odd or something, but I kinda felt like twisting into a singularity

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Why on earth would you want that, you don't even like ponies?
    ....Because I actually like Fallout: equestria?.... That kinda makes me a fan of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    Allow me to try and explain what you're missing. Well, several things that you're missing.

Spoiler
    Show
    I have a lot of rockin', jammin' tunes on my playlists. But the best ones? The best songs are the ones that make me feel. (Well, strictly speaking, the best ones are the ones that get me inspired, but that's neither here nor there right now.) And quiet, sad songs? Are much better at getting me to feel deeply than loud, brash songs about battle. There's certainly an immediate rush when listening to loud battle-tunes, but they aren't the ones that stay with me.

My favorite song, over the past weekend, was a quiet ballad about Celestia and Luna, about their relationship and how much they care about each other. There was nothing in there about the battle they fought, there was nothing loud and flashy in there, but it still made me stop what I was doing and listen the first time I heard it, and I listened to it over and over.

The important thing, the very important thing, about the story of Celestia and Luna isn't the epic battle they had, shattering Castle Harmony and laying waste to the Everfree Forest - that's just clamor and empty waste. What is important is the why of that battle. Luna's jealousy and envy, bottled up for years, finally reaching its breaking point, poisoning her mind against even her beloved older sister; Celestia, torn between trying to save her sister and having to protect innumerable ponies from the endless night, forced to banish the little sister she would give anything to protect. The emotions that their story makes us feel are much richer and thicker than the shallow adrenaline rush bestowed by the battle in that story. If it was just, "MOON PONY HATES SUN PONY, SUN PONY HATES MOON PONY, JUST BECAUSE", it would not be worth remembering.

Am I getting this across? Avengers, for example, has very good action scenes. I certainly enjoyed them. But when I think of the movie, I don't think of the action sequences, even the final act which is practically one giant, fantastic, action sequence.

I'm thinking about Thor and Loki, and their relationship, and how the movie makes it clear how far and how tragically Loki's fallen. I'm thinking about Captain America, and how he manages to be a real true-blue hero in the face of adversity. I'm thinking about the tense argument between Steve and Tony, that is much more effective than any slugfest could be. The characters make the movie, and their emotions, their personalities, the way they change - they're much more important than the action.
    Oh well, then we have quite a difference:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I kinda mentioned that I don't like music, didn't I? except videogame soundtracks and fighting music, they tend to pump me up and everything, though I kinda like Fallout 3's and lineage 2's soundtrack that aren't very fighty.... But that's a rare case, like, REALLY rare. the battle tunes stay with me for a loooooong time.

And if it's about the avengers, heck, even my brother mentioned that I came out "satisfied because of the final part, the rest he was a bit bored", or even 2012, he even mentioned "he loved it, loads of explosions with no story whatsoever", and he's actually right about all that: every single thing I've learned, enjoyed and played since I was young was action and more action, non-fighting stuff? I take it the klingon way, talk about being a warbringer

Most story serves as way to make the battle more awesome, just like dragonball: there's story, it makes the fights more cool, then there's landscape vandalism, even MORE awesome. I've been mostly like "meh" when it comes to personality and emotions

and that's why I love Stargate Atlantis: because it makes non-fighting scenes have at least a bit of action somehow

Because there is more beauty in a quiet summer's day by a sun-dappled river running downhill, then can be found in ten thousand explosions, each seeking to top its predecessors in explosions of Baysian proportions. And after the explosions are over? The river will still have more inherent worth. Explosions are fleeting and destructive. Rivers are eternal, and give birth
    Um.... I kinda have the same reaction as abridged!piccolo about pretty landscapes (in something with action):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Piccolo: This is my home, I can finally see its beauty. The lush blue fields, the crystal clear waters, the wind brushing past my* God this is boring!

though yeah, explosions are momentary, yet go off like a literal blaze of awesomeness, while the river only holds a constant, low value. And let me admit: demolition is awesome

Elegance enriches the soul. To use yet another comparison, explosions and spectacle and action are the soul's fast food. Elegance and emotion, on the other hand, are harder to eat and prepare, and aren't as finger-licking delicious, but they are healthy and strengthen the soul.
    ....wow, then my soul must be really fat
    I've never found my taste for elegance and emotion, and kinda working to get it, I've only achieve to understand it, but can't grasp much interest about it..... Wow I must have been eating at McDonals since I'm 4
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-07-08 at 10:45 AM.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #577
    Titan in the Playground

Although I share the lich's sentiments regarding your work, you appear to have misattributed that quote. I do not "huzzah."
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

8. - Top - End - #578

I quite enjoyed this chapter, though it felt like it lacked the oomph of the previous three. It's probably the general lack of Lyra insanity.

Spoiler
    Show

Gentlecolts, I shall take my leave of you that I may recuperate energy lost stocking shelves today.
    Ooooo! I need to come here more and Balmas into being in this..
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

9. - Top - End - #579
    Titan in the Playground

ok, so. i just fell off my bike at 30 mph. im surprisingly ok, but it kind of hurts to exist.

ponythread, console me. or just bury in me cute fluffiness to distract me. either works.
    Ouch that really sucks. Sorry to hear that.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

10. - Top - End - #580
    Titan in the Playground

I must be being really dense. I'll probably kick myself later, but honestly, right now? Clueless. Though I feel I ought to.

Not that, incidently, given what will doubtless be the reveal in the story later, that I consider this to be a disadvantage.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-07-08 at 11:55 AM.

11. - Top - End - #581
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    ....Because I actually like Fallout: equestria?.... That kinda makes me a fan of it?
    I didn't realise you were a fan of Fallout Equestria.

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    Dude, I don't even know anything about the show, don't read fics and said that I just dislike the aesthetics.... How exactly can't that be believed? and no denial, it's tru
    On account of I heard you don't read Fics.
    Clearly, my mistake. No matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal
    Hey, look a distraction! Depending on screen size, it may stretch, you have been warned.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #582
    Titan in the Playground

I quite enjoyed this chapter, though it felt like it lacked the oomph of the previous three. It's probably the general lack of Lyra insanity.

Spoiler
    Show

Gentlecolts, I shall take my leave of you that I may recuperate energy lost stocking shelves today.
    I think this Tumblr thing was created on my last hiatus from GitP. Le link? :3

13. - Top - End - #583
    Troll in the Playground

a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

14. - Top - End - #584
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zigg'rrauglurr View Post
    Hey guys!

I just got from a general fan convention here in BsAs called Unifans.
    Spoiler
    Show

The brony fandom took over the convention like locusts, we had a Shining Armor dancing , a couple of humanized mane6 and the total disappearance of all pony swag within distance in less than 2 hours.
    But the Argentinian bronies wouldn't stop for something as simple as "We don't have more swag".
    We started making some more, right there!.
    With the help of some guys from Stargate fandom who had sublimation technology we started printing vectors in tshirts, cups and even pillows!

Swag and ponies:
    Spoiler
    Show

Defacto Leader of the club, Pinkie Pie

Me BroHoofing Shining Armor

They have already bought ALL buttons/pins before I even arrived,
    they even bought some of the ones I had reserved for me!!

Small group of Bronies, the one with RD wig has an
    "American Cloppers" shirt...

Human Twilight Sparkle, after being harrased by too many bronies.

Gathering

SteamPunk Shining Armor? You can't discuss that

Starfleet captain brohoofing Shining, to meet new civilizations.

Now to show the ponyswag we did in the convention.
    I'M MAKING PONY SWAG!!!
    (That's me, and yes I made the brohoof shirt right there.)

CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS CONMEMORATIVE CUP GO!

Brohoof Shirt (Absolute best advertisement for a convention)

Luna Pillow

DerpyLink

DerpyMail

My fiancee (right) with mane6 shirt with human AppleBloom

Customized Pinkie Pie shirt with cutiemark

Others:

Stand before bronies:

After bronies:

I was not part of a stand, When the guys saw that I had made my brohoof shirt with the Stargate fanclub a huge amount of young bronies suddenly overran them with odd request like MyLittlePortal cups and ...yes even "Cupcakes" tshirts, the poor guys weren't ready for that, so I jumped behind the desk and started channeling the desperate hordes requests and streamlining the purchase line. The group was so happy with our help that they gifted us two of the shirts (the pinkie one and the mane6 one)
    Cool, the meetup was mentioned in EqD
    http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/0...undup-370.html
    Sadly I was not there for that picture... I was making merchandise

it's not even that steep tbh. i was pumping to get enough momentum to shoot up the hill i live at the top of. the pedals seized mid stroke and the jolt sent me into a drain.

my first look at it makes me think the rear derailleur was loose and the chain made a bad jump, but I'll know for sure when i take the whole thing apart after i stop feeling like someone hit me with a sack of gravel.
    Double ouch, I know the feel... I trust nothing is broken?
    Take it easy man. Can painkillers be bought over the counter in your country?
    Have a soft hug (Don't want to hurt you more :P)
    Last edited by Zigg'rrauglurr; 2012-07-08 at 12:28 PM.
    As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero.

Blackwing: I prefer to think of myself a super-advanced flying stealth dinosaur.

Forum Explorer: Reading or watching Cupcakes is like being shot. We honor your suffering but nobody wants it to happen.

15. - Top - End - #585
    Troll in the Playground

nothing broken. aside from one road rashed rear and some bruises im sure will look horrendous tomorrow, im fine. I was actually surprised.

my backpack and helmet look like they were savaged by rabid weasels, though.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

16. - Top - End - #586
    Ogre in the Playground

Does anyone have recordings of the Fighting game streams? Did they show Dash yet?
    Far as I know, they haven't shown Dash or Fluttershy yet.

17. - Top - End - #587

nothing broken. aside from one road rashed rear and some bruises im sure will look horrendous tomorrow, im fine. I was actually surprised.

*Gives pillow & bandaids.*
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

18. - Top - End - #588
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    A bit of both, honestly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Just don't have anything substantive to add. I looked at them, they were nice pictures, my jealously boils just below the surface, etc.
    That's fine then. I can accept this.

Awww. That sucks.

Here's some cuteness:
    Spoiler
    Show

Disclaimer: Diego Havoc takes no resposibility for any organ failures or damaged resulting from the preceeding cuteness.

In fact, Diego Havoc takes no resposibility for anything. At all. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    You're never gonna let that one go are you?
    Of course not!

Good for you!

I am very proud of you! I whole-metaphorically-heartedly approve! Gloating is a fine start down the road to villainy! We'll make a moustache-twirling villain out of you yet!
    Oh my. What is this strange feeling... almost like... pride? What could be causing this?

[Alignment has shifted 5 points towards Evil]

Ah, that'd explain it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

19. - Top - End - #589

On account of I heard you don't read Fics.
    Clearly, my mistake. No matter. [/SPOILER]
    It's the only one I've read actually

....Ow, well, if it was downhill and you rolled... Well that hurts, it should go away after a while though.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #590
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, Oh I see how this works. >:3

21. - Top - End - #591
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Far as I know, they haven't shown Dash or Fluttershy yet.
    I did see Fluttershy once. I still haven't seen Rainbow Dash though.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

22. - Top - End - #592
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I did see Fluttershy once. I still haven't seen Rainbow Dash though.
    Probably trying to get flying to balance out in gameplay. That would be my guess.

Apparently fluttershy used to be a little OP.

Last edited by Tvtyrant; 2012-07-08 at 01:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

23. - Top - End - #593
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Aww, not a single response to my Bronycon pictures? Are you all bored of con stuff now, or were they simply so awesome you were left speechless?
    The latter, mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    "And before you ask about other pegusi that have family on the ground, you should probably know that Ponyville is the place where they dump the flawed batches.
    So...the earth pony and unicorn population there that didn't show up because of Applejack's ancestors are some kind of mutation. This puts some of the background ponies in a whole new light.

Aww. Here, feel better.

Spoiler
    Show

By the way, Phoe is doing a playthrough of Pony Fantasy 6.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stZXqcRrae0&feature=plcp

24. - Top - End - #594
    Titan in the Playground

Hey cool a Phoe LP!

In other news I started playing X-Com UFO defense and after a few false starts as I learned what to do I'll finally begun. Naturally every squad member is named after a pony.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

25. - Top - End - #595
    Ettin in the Playground

Hey cool a Phoe LP!

In other news I started playing X-Com UFO defense and after a few false starts as I learned what to do I'll finally begun. Naturally every squad member is named after a pony.
    Protip- Buy a tank, and bring it with you on every mission. They can be very useful for scouting and drawing enemy fire.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

26. - Top - End - #596

Hey cool a Phoe LP!

Protip, re-arrange your base so that there is only one entrance area, (hangars can be used to enter) it will save your life during raids.

I saw some tumblr questions, I'll post them when I get back to my computer.
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

27. - Top - End - #597
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    Probably trying to get flying to balance out in gameplay. That would be my guess.

Apparently fluttershy used to be a little OP.
    Oh god, I remember that. It was hilarious. I don't think they are even going to be able to fly though. I mean, it would cause a huge imbalance. Unless they work it something like Sindel from Mortal Kombat 3.

Stomach upset all day, but I'm hungry and know I haven't eaten in a while. Don't feel like the next-door restaurant, want something different, but it's gonna be 100 degrees until 7.

Have a moogle pony
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #598
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Oh god, I remember that. It was hilarious. I don't think they are even going to be able to fly though. I mean, it would cause a huge imbalance. Unless they work it something like Sindel from Mortal Kombat 3.

Stomach upset all day, but I'm hungry and know I haven't eaten in a while. Don't feel like the next-door restaurant, want something different, but it's gonna be 100 degrees until 7.

Have a moogle pony
    Spoiler
    Show
    You could always make the character simply hover about an inch off of the ground, making them immune to trips but removing their own trip attacks. Have her attacks have a lot of horizontal range, but be really obvious? So most attacks involve her flattening out and striking in a long arc?

It is 100 in my room right now, and I have been avoiding eating for that reason. My advice would be to drink a lot of water and then eat something like soup, so it doesn't make you feel overhot and bloated.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

29. - Top - End - #599
    Titan in the Playground

I don't know, I could see (More for Rainbow Dash than Fluttershy) Flight as a Stance. Interruptable, probably. It seems plenty of the others have anti-air moves, already. It's not like she'd have many projectile attacks either, give or take a weather related special perhaps, so to do any harm she'd have to come within reach anyway, giving you plenty of time to knock her our of the air.

30. - Top - End - #600
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    You could always make the character simply hover about an inch off of the ground, making them immune to trips but removing their own trip attacks. Have her attacks have a lot of horizontal range, but be really obvious? So most attacks involve her flattening out and striking in a long arc?

It is 100 in my room right now, and I have been avoiding eating for that reason. My advice would be to drink a lot of water and then eat something like soup, so it doesn't make you feel overhot and bloated.
    Holy hell.

Not three hours ago, the forecast showed the high at 101, and 78 degrees at 7 p.m. It's now 104, with the forecast at 96 at 7.

I don't keep food here, long story. I'll manage if I have to go next door. Just looking to try some stuff. Been trying a lot of new things since I moved here. There's a place called Noodles & Company that has awesome food. Had a couple new alcoholic drinks, although I'm not a drinker. Mudslide and Hypnotiq. They were both good and I learned I have a higher resistance to alcohol than I thought (again, not a drinker so I would never know). Wanted to try a local place here that had good ratings (love Google Maps). So much located in one small area.
    I don't know, I could see (More for Rainbow Dash than Fluttershy) Flight as a Stance. Interruptable, probably. It seems plenty of the others have anti-air moves, already. It's not like she'd have many projectile attacks either, give or take a weather related special perhaps, so to do any harm she'd have to come within reach anyway, giving you plenty of time to knock her our of the air.
    I haven't looked deep into the generic movesets or anything like that, I've just watched a couple videos and heard the theme songs. I imagine being trip resistant would be little too OP. I do like the idea of a hovering stance though. Dash, if anything, should just be a little quicker than everyone else. I don't think that's be too bad since Twilight can already teleport. So far I like both unicorns, they seem more fun to play.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-07-08 at 03:31 PM.