New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: My Little Pony XLVIII: I say Ol' Chap, how about those Equestrians?

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Heh, did you bail or hang on for dear life?

In a similar situation (though it was a mare) I hung on for dear life and smacked my head on a tree.

We also had a stallion who had the ability to walk through fences as if they weren't even there. Eventually we had to sell him since we needed those fences and couldn't afford to keep replacing them.
    I held on till he got tired. Luckily eastern Oregon is a desert, and the trees are maybe 6 ft. tall on average. Eventually he just walked back to his ranch and waited for me to get off.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

2. - Top - End - #542
    Pixie in the Playground

quick question: does anyone here make PMVs or know anybody who does?

The reason why I ask is because I've been DYING to see Pony Made Videos out of

this, this, and
    this.

Can somepony please help me?

3. - Top - End - #543
    Titan in the Playground

Cloudsdale stage and Rainbow Dash BGM being shown in the fighting is magic stream now.

Go, go: http://www.twitch.tv/fightinggamebronies
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

4. - Top - End - #544
    Bugbear in the Playground

Well, I have finally returned to my own CPU. May I have a quick update on what is happening on in our realm of pony pony pony pony pony?
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

5. - Top - End - #545
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    Well, I have finally returned to my own CPU. May I have a quick update on what is happening on in our realm of pony pony pony pony pony?
    What else... talk of pony.

Though we seem a bit scattered at the moment. Happens when the thread speeds up really.

6. - Top - End - #546
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    I am simultaneously blushing at getting into your signature, and sighing that it would be that quote that did it.
    I read the sentence an sighed wistfully. "Why doesn't anyone understand?!" I thought. "All you have to do is kick thermodynamics to the curb and anything is possible!"
    So I could relate, you know?

This paragraph screams out "I'm a writer" though I'm not sure quite why. Maybe it's because you went into the dog's perspective in that whimsical way.
    Yeah, I liked it.
    He's misusing attribution tags again though. One day he Weill be my ST again and I will pay so hard for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus25 View Post
    I'm the most fabulous though!
    I dunno. I think we will have to have a swimsuit contest to figure it out.

7. - Top - End - #547
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Yeah, I liked it.
    He's misusing attribution tags again though. One day he Weill be my ST again and I will pay so hard for that.
    No I'm not. At least not according to the guide thingy the prereader gave me.

Spoiler
    Show

"Words," he said.

"Words," said Character.

"Words and a short pause," said Character, "and then the rest of the sentence."

"Words!" said Character. "I love words!"

"Words?" asked Character. "You think to assault me with words?"

"Words..." said Character.

"Words—"

"Words"—mid-sentence action with no speech verb—"and more words." (note the lack of spaces and commas)

An alternate version to this is

"Words," mid-sentence action with no speech verb, "and more words."
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2012-07-08 at 01:16 AM.

8. - Top - End - #548
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I need to ask for some title advice. The fic I am working on is currently called "The Sun is Heavy," but I am thinking about using that for the chapter title and instead naming it "10 Days that Shook Equestria."

9. - Top - End - #549
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post

Spoiler
    Show

"Words," he said.

"Words," said Character.

"Words—"

"Words"—mid-sentence action with no speech verb—"and more words." (note the lack of spaces and commas)

You are like a cat that has just captured a mouse and now presents the mouse in its mouth to its master, proud as can be.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    I need to ask for some title advice. The fic I am working on is currently called "The Sun is Heavy," but I am thinking about using that for the chapter title and instead naming it "10 Days that Shook Equestria."
    What's the question? Do you want to know whether we think "10 Days that Shook Equestria" is okay? Are you looking for alternative titles because you're not happy with it?
    Last edited by Anarion; 2012-07-08 at 01:26 AM.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”

10. - Top - End - #550
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I was wondering primarily which of the two sounds more adequate, but also if there are better suggestions I will steal use them.

11. - Top - End - #551
    Titan in the Playground

I was wondering primarily which of the two sounds more adequate, but also if there are better suggestions I will steal use them.
    Well, between the two, "10 days" is more vague about what happens, but more clear about the time period. If I know it's 10 days during which cool stuff happens, I have a good sense of what character growth will look like, how many different locales the story will use, and the emotional tenor of the story.

If the title is "The Sun is Heavy" I get a better understanding about what happens in the story (I haven't read your fic, but I assume from that title that it's about Celestia in some respect and that she gets tired or gives up her work somehow). So, one is informative about the plot narrative, and the other is informative about the timeframe and setting.
    Last edited by Anarion; 2012-07-08 at 01:38 AM.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

12. - Top - End - #552

Well, of the two I'd say 10 Days is a bit better. Without knowing anything else about the story it's hard to think of alternate titles. Maybe "Weight of the World" or "Brightly Burning Burden" or "Heavy Hangs the Horn that Carries the Light" or "Everything Changed When the Sun Attacked." Maybe not that last one.

Yeah, I just discovered Avatar. Well, started watching it anyway. Yes, like 6 years after it came out, but damn is that good. I wish I'd started watching it before writing a magical duel scene. They really put the effort into making creative use of all the elemental powers and it shows.
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

13. - Top - End - #553

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    You are like a cat that has just captured a mouse and now presents the mouse in its mouth to its master, proud as can be.
    I killed a grammar mistake, lookit! Lookit! *Hurks up a new Do Not Serve These Ponies chapter onto the carpet*
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2012-07-08 at 02:12 AM.

14. - Top - End - #554
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Maybe I should give a short summary then.

Spoiler
    Show
    Basic premise is that Celestia and Luna disappeared about 5 years ago, and various ponies have had to take up their positions. Since the unicorns haven't had to lift the sun in almost 2,000 years, there is little knowledge on how to do so and none of the coordination needed to do it as a group. As a result Twilight has taken up raising the sun alone, a task that leaves her completely exhausted at the end of each day and which no other pony can fill.

That is the source of the title "The Sun is Heavy." However, things are meant to eventually come to a head with a major revolution. 10 Days that Changed the World (AKA October) is a Russian film about the Bolshevik October Revolution, and so I was patterning it off of that.

15. - Top - End - #555
    Firbolg in the Playground

I killed a grammar mistake, lookit! Lookit! *Hurks up a new Do Not Serve These Ponies chapter onto the carpet*
    I quite enjoyed this chapter, though it felt like it lacked the oomph of the previous three. It's probably the general lack of Lyra insanity.

Tumblr Post Two image Two!
    Spoiler
    Show

Gentlecolts, I shall take my leave of you that I may recuperate energy lost stocking shelves today.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

16. - Top - End - #556
    Dwarf in the Playground

@Thanqol. I like it a lot. Now I didn't notice any errors but that may be to me just reading it once. I got a few nice chuckles so I approve!
    If any of you wish to follow me my twitter is @RetroGamer1224. I am fun but #NSFW

17. - Top - End - #557

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    I quite enjoyed this chapter, though it felt like it lacked the oomph of the previous three. It's probably the general lack of Lyra insanity.
    I felt that too, but I had to tone it down just a little to gracefully introduce the alien. Should be back to normal by C5.

18. - Top - End - #558

Huh, neat.

Also, a fic idea: Cloudsdale's rainbow factory has a dark secret only a few individuals know. When Scootaloo goes along on a tour inside it, she learns something about herself, her friends, and most of all, the truth about her parents.

Spoiler
    Show
    To be exact, they mash rainbows together to make pegusi foals and fillies. What did you think?
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2012-07-08 at 02:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

19. - Top - End - #559

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Huh, neat.

Also, a fic idea: Cloudsdale's rainbow factory has a dark secret only a few individuals know. When Scootaloo goes along on a tour inside it, she learns something about herself, her friends, and most of all, the truth about her parents.

Spoiler
    Show
    To be exact, they mash rainbows together to make pegusi foals and fillies. What did you think?
    My god it's...

Spoiler
    Show
    The Anti-Rainbow Factory!
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

20. - Top - End - #560

Found this. Had to throw it up. It's kind of small, but otherwise good.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also, holy crap. Thanqol, how long has that story been up? As of this posting, it's already hit the feature box.
    Last edited by Balmas; 2012-07-08 at 02:44 AM.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

21. - Top - End - #561

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    My god it's...

Spoiler
    Show
    The Anti-Rainbow Factory!
    "Where your hopes and dreams come true!"
    Show

22. - Top - End - #562

"Where your hopes and dreams come true!"
    "And every soul gets through!"
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

23. - Top - End - #563
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Spoiler
    Show

"Words," he said.

"Words," said Character.

"Words—"

Hmm. Think I'll save this for later reference.

Huh, neat.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Talk must be so much easier (or alternately, far more difficult) for pegasi families. "Well, Rumble, you and Thunderlane were scooped out of a fountain, poured into a mold, and placed under tremendous pressure before being dropped of at our doorstep by a mailpony."

24. - Top - End - #564
    Troll in the Playground

Aww, not a single response to my Bronycon pictures? Are you all bored of con stuff now, or were they simply so awesome you were left speechless?

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Fighting is Magic is being streamed http://da.twitch.tv/fightinggamebronies
    Does anyone have recordings of the Fighting game streams? Did they show Dash yet?

Today is Celestia Image Dump Day. Come celebrate it with me. (some screen-stretching pictures inside)
    Spoiler
    Show

And for fun, some Celestia/NMM pics. (More wide pictures)
    Spoiler
    Show

Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

25. - Top - End - #565

Quote Originally Posted by RdMarquis View Post
    Hmm. Think I'll save this for later reference.

Spoiler
    Show
    The Talk must be so much easier (or alternately, far more difficult) for pegasi families. "Well, Rumble, you and Thunderlane were scooped out of a fountain, poured into a mold, and placed under tremendous pressure before being dropped of at our doorstep by a mailpony."
    "And before you ask about other pegusi that have family on the ground, you should probably know that Ponyville is the place where they dump the flawed batches.

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Aww, not a single response to my Bronycon pictures? Are you all bored of con stuff now, or were they simply so awesome you were left speechless?
    A bit of both, honestly.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #566
    Troll in the Playground

ok, so. i just fell off my bike at 30 mph. im surprisingly ok, but it kind of hurts to exist.

ponythread, console me. or just bury in me cute fluffiness to distract me. either works.
    Last edited by thubby; 2012-07-08 at 07:27 AM.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

27. - Top - End - #567

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    ok, so. i just fell off my bike at 30 mph. im surprisingly ok, but it kind of hurts to exist.

ponythread, console me. or just bury in me cute fluffiness to distract me. either works.
    "The pain is a form of enlightenment; savour it, for it is your body speaking an immutable truth to you."

Charger. You are literally the worst at this.

"I don't count as cute fluffiness? I am a miniature pony. Surely that counts for something."
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2012-07-08 at 07:30 AM.

28. - Top - End - #568
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Just don't have anything substantive to add. I looked at them, they were nice pictures, my jealously boils just below the surface, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post

How about some distilled cuteness in flash animate+song format?

"The pain is a form of enlightenment; savour it, for it is your body speaking an immutable truth to you."

Charger. You are literally the worst at this.

"I don't count as cute fluffiness? I am a miniature pony. Surely that counts for something."
    You definitely count as cute fluffiness Charger. Some ponies just find it offputting when you tell them to embrace pain and seek universal truth. I can't imagine why though.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

29. - Top - End - #569
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post

Tumblr Post Two image Two!
    Spoiler
    Show

Gentlecolts, I shall take my leave of you that I may recuperate energy lost stocking shelves today.
    Would now be a good time to say you spelt Boffinspark incorrectly?

Thubby, ouch. Was it motorized? Like a motorcycle thing, or were you just going down a steep hill?

Hey, look a distraction! Depending on screen size, it may stretch, you have been warned.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

30. - Top - End - #570
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    *Pffffft* This cracks me up way more than it has any business.
    Last edited by SlyGuyMcFly; 2012-07-08 at 08:56 AM.
    Truth resists simplicity.