New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XLVIII: I say Ol' Chap, how about those Equestrians?

AJ looks completely unstoppable, seems to have twice the life as the others or just hits twice as hard.

Twilight looks like a blast to play though. And she has a Heartstrings recolor!
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

2. - Top - End - #512
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    AJ looks completely unstoppable, seems to have twice the life as the others or just hits twice as hard.
    You know, I hadn't noticed that before... I should pay a bit more attention to that. Although I'm of the mindset that if you have to worry about how much health you have, you're getting hit too much, and if you have to worry about how much damage you do, you're not doing your combos right.

Zone based characters always are. Those teleports alone are fun as heck looking... I think I might try to learn both Twilight and Apple Jack, actually... although if I can get over her being so... freaky, I might sub Pinkie for Jack.
    You can call me anything. I've been called Inkin, Nono, INo, Names, and NoKnow so far.

As of 7/20, I've gotten help in trying to get past a physical addiction that's been eating at my time, and finished recovering from a spot of trouble that ended up eeking into Self-Harm. I'm doing better now; here's hoping it lasts a bit longer...

3. - Top - End - #513
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Comparitively sane one. Still kinda am, though Soras now is fairly well grounded, and Zevox too, when he's around.
    *coughs pointedly*

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Wow. That sounds like they switched to the World of Warcraft model and weren't ready for the after effects. Although I suppose that's based entirely on camera view; Diablo 2 had the same problem but a birds eye view. Plenty of gold selling and such there.
    I play a wizard, so everyone complaining has the right to discount everything that I say, but I don't think Inferno is that bad. It was requested by a huge portion of the community to be something truly, legitimately hard, and the only way to do that in Diablo is to kill you, really really dead. There are also certain builds that can make the game much easier beyond pushing the numbers. For example, I've been mucking around with a life regen build on my wizard that restores close to 2k hp per second and that makes it much easier to stay alive and kill stuff because I can survive about 2 hits in act 3 with energy armor and ~35k hp, run, regen, and get back to killing.

Ponysanity is perfectly "sane" colloquially, given that we are ponies talking about ponies in a ponythread.
    And all the other stuff. Humans are just about the only things not present if you think about it.

I'm so tired. Not in an angry way, but a weary way. I'm so tired of people responding to pony stuff with "That pony should have kicked that one guy's ass!". I really am. You know what pony brings me? Peace. It is a refreshing reminder that you can be peaceable, non violent, and still stick to your guns. That life is not ALPHA MALE **** YEAH BRO I TEABAGGED THAT MOTHER AND TOLD HIM I WOULD RAPE HIS SISTER versus the soft hearted losers. You can stop fighting and still win. And that is so very important
    Preach it!

Also, quite frankly, I'm tired of things being masculine or feminine as if those are evaluative terms. Something can be assertive, and it is a good thing because being assertive is a good quality for everyone. Something can be sensitive and that's a good thing because everyone should understand other people better. Something can be arrogant or abrasive and those are bad for everyone because they make others feel belittled or unimportant. You get my point.

Oh lawdy there's only one explanation
    Luka is Awakened >_<
    Hmm, but what path? He mostly wants to just enjoy what he already likes...he's a Seer. Run everypony!

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    I think we have a standing commitment that ponythread will have a tournament once it's released.
    Wow, that's like 15-20 threads old. That game has been in development too long.

...Dibs on Twilight Sparkle.

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    Bwhahahahahahaha! Rarity is mine!

Spoiler
    Show

Also.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I love those pictures.

AJ is interesting because I think she's the most newbie friendly, and will probably dominate early. However, her rope appears to be her only ranged option, and her charge has a really obvious tell and can be blocked. I think when people get good, AJ might end up being a bit weaker just because it's so difficult to approach people when they know what they're doing. Rarity can gem zone, Pinkie and Twilight teleport. Twilight looks really strong to me because she can zone so well and her big attacks do a lot of damage, so she heavily rewards setup. Pinkie I think might be too weak at the moment because she's so combo heavy and the game appears to have diminishing returns on damage in high-hit combos.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

4. - Top - End - #514
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Gah... I have to get ready for a several-hour-long road trip, and I still need to finish packing my things... I can't stand staring at this!

Last comment to the rest of you guys: Anarion, expect a few mirror matches.
    You can call me anything. I've been called Inkin, Nono, INo, Names, and NoKnow so far.

As of 7/20, I've gotten help in trying to get past a physical addiction that's been eating at my time, and finished recovering from a spot of trouble that ended up eeking into Self-Harm. I'm doing better now; here's hoping it lasts a bit longer...

5. - Top - End - #515
    Orc in the Playground

Hey guys!

I just got from a general fan convention here in BsAs called Unifans.
    The brony fandom took over the convention like locusts, we had a Shining Armor dancing , a couple of humanized mane6 and the total disappearance of all pony swag within distance in less than 2 hours.
    But the Argentinian bronies wouldn't stop for something as simple as "We don't have more swag".
    We started making some more, right there!.
    With the help of some guys from Stargate fandom who had sublimation technology we started printing vectors in tshirts, cups and even pillows!

Swag and ponies:
    Spoiler
    Show

Defacto Leader of the club, Pinkie Pie

Me BroHoofing Shining Armor

They have already bought ALL buttons/pins before I even arrived,
    they even bought some of the ones I had reserved for me!!

Small group of Bronies, the one with RD wig has an
    "American Cloppers" shirt...

Human Twilight Sparkle, after being harrased by too many bronies.

Gathering

SteamPunk Shining Armor? You can't discuss that

Starfleet captain brohoofing Shining, to meet new civilizations.

Now to show the ponyswag we did in the convention.
    I'M MAKING PONY SWAG!!!
    (That's me, and yes I made the brohoof shirt right there.)

CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS CONMEMORATIVE CUP GO!

Brohoof Shirt (Absolute best advertisement for a convention)

Luna Pillow

DerpyLink

DerpyMail

My fiancee (right) with mane6 shirt with human AppleBloom

Customized Pinkie Pie shirt with cutiemark

Others:

Stand before bronies:

After bronies:

I was not part of a stand, When the guys saw that I had made my brohoof shirt with the Stargate fanclub a huge amount of young bronies suddenly overran them with odd request like MyLittlePortal cups and ...yes even "Cupcakes" tshirts, the poor guys weren't ready for that, so I jumped behind the desk and started channeling the desperate hordes requests and streamlining the purchase line. The group was so happy with our help that they gifted us two of the shirts (the pinkie one and the mane6 one)
    Last edited by Zigg'rrauglurr; 2012-07-07 at 09:17 PM.
    As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero.

Blackwing: I prefer to think of myself a super-advanced flying stealth dinosaur.

Forum Explorer: Reading or watching Cupcakes is like being shot. We honor your suffering but nobody wants it to happen.

6. - Top - End - #516
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Zigg'rrauglurr View Post
    Hey guys!

I just got from a general fan convention here in BsAs called Unifans.
    The brony fandom took over the convention like locusts, we had a Shining Armor dancing , a couple of humanized mane6 and the total disappearance of all pony swag within distance in less than 2 hours.
    But the Argentinian bronies wouldn't stop for something as simple as "We don't have more swag".
    We started making some more, right there!.
    With the help of some guys from Stargate fandom who had sublimation technology we started printing vectors in tshirts, cups and even pillows!

Swag and ponies:
    Spoiler
    Show

Shining Armor, dancing

Defacto Leader of the club, Pinkie Pie

Me BroHoofing Shining Armor

They have already bought ALL buttons/pins before I even arrived, they had even bought some of the ones I had reserved for me!!

Small group of Bronies, the one with RD wig has an "American Cloppers" shirt...

Human Twilight Sparkle, after being harrased by too many bronies.

Gathering

SteamPunk Shining Armor? You can't discuss that

Starfleet captain brohoofing Shining, to meet new civilizations.

Now to show the ponyswag we did in the convention.
    I'M MAKING PONY SWAG!!! (That's me, and yes I made the brohoof shirt right there.)

CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS CONMEMORATIVE CUP GO!

Brohoof Shirt (Absolute best advertisement for a convention)

Luna Pillow

DerpyLink

DerpyMail

My fiancee (right) with mane6 shirt with human AppleBloom

Customized Pinkie Pie shirt with cutiemark

I was not part of a stand, When the guys saw that I had made my brohoof shirt with the Stargate fanclub a huge amount of young bronies suddenly overran them with odd request like MyLittlePortal cups and ...yes even "Cupcakes" tshirts, the poor guys weren't ready for that, so I jumped behind the desk and started channeling the desperate hordes requests and streamlining the purchase line. The group was so happy with our help that they gifted us two of the shirts (the pinkie one and the mane6 one)
    Man I've never seen a fursuit that works aesthetically for me. Them (and like 9/10 mascots) just don't look right.

Ahh well to each his own.

7. - Top - End - #517
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    Can someone else be the one to tell her it's only 1d4+1 per missile capping at 5d4+5?
    It does with that attitude.
    Last time I cast a magic missile it looked more like a kamehameha. Rather dense missile grouping really.

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    Thank you. Depressing to here... this is the kind of thing I'd totally brony for.

I saw at least 3 Level 3 Hyper Combos, and someone did the -SEXIEST- Air Combo I would have never considered coming from a Pony of all things...

This sits right with me. I want this. I want this oh so much.
    Ah. Well then my friend. Come on in, kick up your hooves...

And welcome to the herd.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    This was both hillarious and awesome ... I dub it hillariawesome.

I think we have a standing commitment that ponythread will have a tournament once it's released.
    Yer darn tootin'! Personally I wanna see what they've got before I vomit to a character.

The only rule o the tournament, was YOU GO IN BLIND. This means no practicing your combos beforehoof. Everypony still in board?

Quote Originally Posted by maximus25 View Post
    Darn you, I was gonna pick her!
    Ladies, please!
    We can all be fabulous u.u

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    I play a wizard, so everyone complaining has the right to discount everything that I say
    You know...

but I don't think Inferno is that bad. It was requested by a huge portion of the community to be something truly, legitimately hard, and the only way to do that in Diablo is to kill you, really really dead. There are also certain builds that can make the game much easier beyond pushing the numbers. For example, I've been mucking around with a life regen build on my wizard that restores close to 2k hp per second and that makes it much easier to stay alive and kill stuff because I can survive about 2 hits in act 3 with energy armor and ~35k hp, run, regen, and get back to killing.
    These numbers mean nothing to me.
    Does the game actually require these numbers? Wouldn't I work just the same if you divide every number by one thousand, and you regenerated a whopping 35 every round?

Preach it!

Also, quite frankly, I'm tired of things being masculine or feminine as if those are evaluative terms. Something can be assertive, and it is a good thing because being assertive is a good quality for everyone. Something can be sensitive and that's a good thing because everyone should understand other people better. Something can be arrogant or abrasive and those are bad for everyone because they make others feel belittled or unimportant. You get my point.
    Yeah. And most "manly" things aren't actually masculine. They're just wasteful.
    Though I may get your point more than you know :P

Hmm, but what path? He mostly wants to just enjoy what he already likes...he's a Seer. Run everypony!
    A Moros with prime? Makes things detonate?
    Come to think about it, only life can't make things detonate. And probably just because I haven't tried.

Wow, that's like 15-20 threads old. That game has been in development too long.
    You know?

AJ is interesting because I think she's the most newbie friendly, and will probably dominate early. However, her rope appears to be her only ranged option, and her charge has a really obvious tell and can be blocked. I think when people get good, AJ might end up being a bit weaker just because it's so difficult to approach people when they know what they're doing. Rarity can gem zone, Pinkie and Twilight teleport. Twilight looks really strong to me because she can zone so well and her big attacks do a lot of damage, so she heavily rewards setup. Pinkie I think might be too weak at the moment because she's so combo heavy and the game appears to have diminishing returns on damage in high-hit combos.
    I dunno. They're doing a pretty good job of balancing everything, and we have no idea how flight as a potential mechanic will work (unless the video I didn't just watch has Dash in it). Gilda, for example, could be insane.

Personally, I like Pinkie's concept, but couldn't execute it. Rarity is probably closest to my actual play style. But I pride myself on adaptability.

-

Luka: two things. One, being in a bad mood doesn't mean that what I said wasn't true. Second, elegance and aesthetic? No, you misunderstand. I said inellegant. Any fool can scrabble and scrape and barely succeed. Elegance is succeeding with enough left over to utterly control how well it goes over. Elegance is mastery. Lack of mastery, reliance on brute force and desperation is for people who haven't been able master themselves.

And the elves you refer to are caricatures of the real deal.

8. - Top - End - #518
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'm so tired. Not in an angry way, but a weary way. I'm so tired of people responding to pony stuff with "That pony should have kicked that one guy's ass!". I really am. You know what pony brings me? Peace. It is a refreshing reminder that you can be peaceable, non violent, and still stick to your guns. That life is not ALPHA MALE **** YEAH BRO I TEABAGGED THAT MOTHER AND TOLD HIM I WOULD RAPE HIS SISTER versus the soft hearted losers. You can stop fighting and still win. And that is so very important
    dude....I just noticed this part with Anarion.... And for me, non-fighting, all-quiet stuff is just.... So.....Freaking...Boring!

Warning: long "action is awesome" speech ahead, may possibly be seen as rant/deluded/weird way to think/blood-knight behavior/overly idealistic/contradictorial/omnivoral cows, also nothing to do with ponies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Heck, even when playing "non-action" games I PUT action in, even in simcity: I end up making aliens appear sometimes to get something awesome besides just managing stuff, then speed-fixing and calling them in AGAIN; and minecraft and legoes: I build stuff, and I either make them to look awesome, to break them, or to break something else.
    I'm a completely and pure player with the Real Man. taking the non-action option is..... just plain BORING AS HECK!....Just ruins it when there could be ACTION AND AWESOMENESS!! Because seriously, tell me, where the heck is the fun in talking or idly chatting?

Real Life? then there's the old latin proverb: you want peace? prepare for war. Nearest thing you can be is a martial pacifist, and heck, fighting is so bad?..... Yeah, and Teddy Roosevelt didn't demote himself to fight, then come out of the fight and call it the "greatest day of his life". I'm tired, but REALLY tired of people claiming that "fighting is hell" and that is comepletely and utterly pointless, I'm aware it's terrible, but there's a bit of glory in there, and many of mankind's quotes have talk about it and to motivate people.

*heavy breath*.....Dude, that's a nice head-strip-mining I did there

Quote Originally Posted by Zigg'rrauglurr View Post
    Wait.... there's argentinians too? Eye mean, not much surprise since it seems they're the most internet active over here in South America, but that's, like, kinda fast , wow that infection spreads too kickly, I guess that makes me special

Though, that's different and like 1000x easier thn getting to my country

two things. One, being in a bad mood doesn't mean that what I said wasn't true.
    It does.... a bit, more like it derails slightly.

Second, elegance and aesthetic? No, you misunderstand. I said inellegant. Any fool can scrabble and scrape and barely succeed. Elegance is succeeding with enough left over to utterly control how well it goes over. Elegance is mastery. Lack of mastery, reliance on brute force and desperation is for people who haven't been able master themselves.

And the elves you refer to are caricatures of the real deal.
    Pff, why do you want elegance anyways? it's replaced by.... well, hard to describe since I just entirely love explosions out of pure whim, like everything I like. and there's mastery of it, which without having to look good... It just looks awesome, want proof? okay
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-07-07 at 09:26 PM.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #519
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames
    Is it fair to induct someone into your group by things that aren't normally in the group? I call shenanigans if you guys convert me into a Brony by using Video Games and Anime!
    Totally called it.

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames
    Thank you. Depressing to here... this is the kind of thing I'd totally brony for.

I saw at least 3 Level 3 Hyper Combos, and someone did the -SEXIEST- Air Combo I would have never considered coming from a Pony of all things...

Definitely WELCOME!

Our plan advances nicely. WMAHAHAHAHHA!
    Last edited by Zigg'rrauglurr; 2012-07-07 at 09:39 PM.
    As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero.

Blackwing: I prefer to think of myself a super-advanced flying stealth dinosaur.

Forum Explorer: Reading or watching Cupcakes is like being shot. We honor your suffering but nobody wants it to happen.

10. - Top - End - #520
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    dude....I just noticed this part with Anarion.... And for me, non-fighting, all-quiet stuff is just.... So.....Freaking...Boring!

Warning: long "action is awesome" speech ahead, may possibly be seen as rant/deluded/weird way to think/blood-knight behavior/overly idealistic/contradictorial/omnivoral cows, also nothing to do with ponies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Heck, even when playing "non-action" games I PUT action in, even in simcity: I end up making aliens appear sometimes to get something awesome besides just managing stuff, then speed-fixing and calling them in AGAIN; and minecraft and legoes: I build stuff, and I either make them to look awesome, to break them, or to break something else.
    I'm a completely and pure player with the Real Man. taking the non-action option is..... just plain BORING AS HECK!....Just ruins it when there could be ACTION AND AWESOMENESS!! Because seriously, tell me, where the heck is the fun in talking or idly chatting?

Real Life? then there's the old latin proverb: you want peace? prepare for war. Nearest thing you can be is a martial pacifist, and heck, fighting is so bad?..... Yeah, and Teddy Roosevelt didn't demote himself to fight, then come out of the fight and call it the "greatest day of his life". I'm tired, but REALLY tired of people claiming that "fighting is hell" and that is comepletely and utterly pointless, I'm aware it's terrible, but there's a bit of glory in there, and many of mankind's quotes have talk about it and to motivate people.
    This conversation is the closest I've come to really crossin the forum rules.

To quote is sufficient substitute for wit, they say. Have you ever broken someone's bone, Luka? Have you actually gotten into a fight? Have you stitched someone's arm together after they were stabbed in a fist fight? Have you taken a machete away from someone at knifepoint because they were too doped up to see straight?

I don't know how you can claim complexity only in your favor. A fight is hell. The worst part, the VERY WORST, is how much fun it is. Glory doesn't come from inflicting harm, it comes from standing up for what you believe in. Only the stupidest or most desperate see violence as the first resort.

do me a favor. Have someone try to fun you down in traffic. When we stand on equal footing, then you have the right to tell me you're tired of educated opinions on what it's like on the inside.
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2012-07-07 at 09:47 PM.

11. - Top - End - #521
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Comparitively sane one. Still kinda am, though Soras now is fairly well grounded, and Zevox too, when he's around.

Good game today; once again, more subconciously than my conscious decision, I managed to time the length exactly right; everyone enjoyed themselves, especially the lads - even during that last-minute hair-raising encounter with the Ghoul, when it landed both claws and the bite on the Elven Monk the older of the lads was playing and knocked him to negatives...

(This was, by the way, a Dreemaenhyll Ghoul, which is a whole different kettle of fish to a regular ghoul - stronger attacks, no paralysation, but it inflicts corrosion damage on each hit and the bite essentiallyt deal 4E-style ongoing damage - which heals it. S'nasty. (Put it this way, those three combined hits did enough damage to knock the monk (who had maximum hits per level) from undamaged to disabled in one go. And he wasn't at full health...!)
    I don't know if I should be flattered or insulted that you consider me to be in the less sane group of ponies.

Also your games seem really fun.
    Cool. I'd like to drink with you at some point then. I enjoy loose but still intelligent conversations

Well, no. Consider the number of people that are here to talk to bronies and not to talk about ponies. We are a pretty swank bunch after all.

What's a fan of a fan? If a fan of ponies is a brony, what's a fan of bronies called?

Because that is probably what luka is

Hi. I don't like explosions. They are wasteful in every sense of the word. They are inelegant and without being designed specifically to look good (fireworks) they are aesthetically displeasing. They achieve very little that can't be achieved better through some other means if you're willing to invest the time.

[non-pony] [rant] [cantankerous]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Youre a fan of fights. Really? Try them.

I don't mean schoolyard scuffles, where limp wristed children jump around without any real ability to put their body weight into their lazy, handset haymakers.

I mean someone swinging a 2x4 at your head. Someone with a knife or a crowbar or four of his buddies, jackboots and a
    Chip on his shoulder tryin to leave you in a mud hole. A real fight were everything is chaos, pain, proprioception and blood. Where the hydrostatic shock from a good kick to the torso can give you a concussion. Where a blow to the chest refers you breathless and immobile while what feels like a dozen limbs all try to break your bones one at a time.

Crawl out of a pile of bodies, of which you aren't even sure most are conscious or alive, where all it takes is pushing someone away when they try to knock you out in order to be arrested for fighting, where there are no goo choices. Go through that and tell me you're a fan of fighting.

Or perhaps you only like seeing others get into fights? You're going to tell me it's okay because it's not you and you're not getting hurt. Except for that's the most terrible sort of morals, where so Long as you come out clean everyone else can trot off. It okay to see other people of through hell for your amusement because you are amused.

Or perhaps it's only cartoons and such, where kids are taught that these actions and maneuvers are the right way to behave, where entire cultures ignore that even the most incidental strike can cripple you for months but that's okay because you're hot blooded! You're cool and willing to Stand up for what you believe! Why bother wing a better person an growing when you can threaten someone with life altering physical violence instead!

That is a really good question. We've got to think on this.

On explosions they do have the raw power appeal. Like being out in a thunderstorm with the thunder roaring just overhead. Sort of a raw power that is attractive.

Agreed.
    Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post

And that's how we getcha
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

12. - Top - End - #522
    Colossus in the Playground

So there I was, walkin' along, minding my own business, when SUDDENLY PONIES

Spoiler
    Show

This is like three houses down from me, in someone's back yard.

13. - Top - End - #523
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2012-07-07 at 10:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

14. - Top - End - #524
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Spoiler
    Show

I have a confession, I have always been trepidatious about horses. Most of my experiences have been with large stallions, and we never seem to get along.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

15. - Top - End - #525
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Spoiler
    Show

So ponies in Australia, as if the Lich needed further proof of their superpowers.

16. - Top - End - #526

I have a confession, I have always been trepidatious about horses. Most of my experiences have been with large stallions, and we never seem to get along.
    This one was sweet. It let me pat it for as long as I wanted. It sniffed my dog and my dog sniffed it back. My dog's mind was blown. "What does a dog have to eat," he thought, "to get that big?"

17. - Top - End - #527

@Siuis
    Don't assume I don't know bout that, there's a broken bone and a mugger. And I still differ, Fighting is not hell, hard, but not hell.

But whatever, a talk just won't achieve anything, even less if it's to negate something driven by pure whim and practically life-basis, and it's somewhat off topic.

So, no Fallout 3 mod that adds FO:E in or something? or for New Vegas? I think I would be getting it soon
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-07-07 at 10:24 PM.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #528
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

This one was sweet. It let me pat it for as long as I wanted. It sniffed my dog and my dog sniffed it back. My dog's mind was blown. "What does a dog have to eat," he thought, "to get that big?"
    "People," responded the pony with a wink, "but only in cupcakes."

That was less creepy in my head....
    Last edited by Tvtyrant; 2012-07-07 at 10:25 PM.

19. - Top - End - #529
    Titan in the Playground

So, no Fallout 3 mod that adds FO:E in or something? or for New Vegas? I think I would be getting it soon
    Why on earth would you want that, you don't even like ponies?

20. - Top - End - #530

The closest thing I can think of is someone's project to make Twilight the Dragonborn in Skyrim. I think it was beyond simply re-skinning things. I saw that on EquestriaDaily at one point, not really sure where it's at at this point as I never bothered since I play it on console.
    Last edited by Strife Warzeal; 2012-07-07 at 10:28 PM.
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

21. - Top - End - #531
    Ettin in the Playground

Personally I wanna see what they've got before I vomit to a character.
    STARRY

STARRY NO

STARRY NO

Spoiler
    Show

*heavy breath*.....Dude, that's a nice head-strip-mining I did there
    Allow me to try and explain what you're missing. Well, several things that you're missing.

Spoiler
    Show
    I have a lot of rockin', jammin' tunes on my playlists. But the best ones? The best songs are the ones that make me feel. (Well, strictly speaking, the best ones are the ones that get me inspired, but that's neither here nor there right now.) And quiet, sad songs? Are much better at getting me to feel deeply than loud, brash songs about battle. There's certainly an immediate rush when listening to loud battle-tunes, but they aren't the ones that stay with me.

My favorite song, over the past weekend, was a quiet ballad about Celestia and Luna, about their relationship and how much they care about each other. There was nothing in there about the battle they fought, there was nothing loud and flashy in there, but it still made me stop what I was doing and listen the first time I heard it, and I listened to it over and over.

The important thing, the very important thing, about the story of Celestia and Luna isn't the epic battle they had, shattering Castle Harmony and laying waste to the Everfree Forest - that's just clamor and empty waste. What is important is the why of that battle. Luna's jealousy and envy, bottled up for years, finally reaching its breaking point, poisoning her mind against even her beloved older sister; Celestia, torn between trying to save her sister and having to protect innumerable ponies from the endless night, forced to banish the little sister she would give anything to protect. The emotions that their story makes us feel are much richer and thicker than the shallow adrenaline rush bestowed by the battle in that story. If it was just, "MOON PONY HATES SUN PONY, SUN PONY HATES MOON PONY, JUST BECAUSE", it would not be worth remembering.

Am I getting this across? Avengers, for example, has very good action scenes. I certainly enjoyed them. But when I think of the movie, I don't think of the action sequences, even the final act which is practically one giant, fantastic, action sequence.

I'm thinking about Thor and Loki, and their relationship, and how the movie makes it clear how far and how tragically Loki's fallen. I'm thinking about Captain America, and how he manages to be a real true-blue hero in the face of adversity. I'm thinking about the tense argument between Steve and Tony, that is much more effective than any slugfest could be. The characters make the movie, and their emotions, their personalities, the way they change - they're much more important than the action.

Pff, why do you want elegance anyways?
    Because there is more beauty in a quiet summer's day by a sun-dappled river running downhill, then can be found in ten thousand explosions, each seeking to top its predecessors in explosions of Baysian proportions. And after the explosions are over? The river will still have more inherent worth. Explosions are fleeting and destructive. Rivers are eternal, and give birth.

Elegance enriches the soul. To use yet another comparison, explosions and spectacle and action are the soul's fast food. Elegance and emotion, on the other hand, are harder to eat and prepare, and aren't as finger-licking delicious, but they are healthy and strengthen the soul.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

22. - Top - End - #532

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Why on earth would you want that, you don't even like ponies?
    I just nod and smile every time he posts. It's more effective than actualy responding to the person who does no like ponies yet does nothing but respond to pony-related threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    The closest thing I can think of is someone's project to make Twilight the Dragonborn in Skyrim. I think it was beyond simply re-skinning things. I saw that on EquestriaDaily at one point, not really sure where it's at at this point as I never bothered since I play it on console.
    I have the mod that gives you Flutter's attacking towns and one of the sets of pony-themed gear, but otherwise I have not heard of this yet.

You know, I did not need to sleep today anyway. More time for ponies.
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2012-07-07 at 10:37 PM.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #533

And I have my quote of the day.

24. - Top - End - #534
    Titan in the Playground

Horses are awesome though some of them can be very temperamental. Something I refuse to do is to cross water on a horse. I've seen them slip or panic too many times to trust a horse on wet slippery stones. Otherwise though horses can be pretty nice. They seem to like to crowd around me so I'm stuck in the middle of the herd.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

25. - Top - End - #535
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Horses are awesome though some of them can be very temperamental. Something I refuse to do is to cross water on a horse. I've seen them slip or panic too many times to trust a horse on wet slippery stones. Otherwise though horses can be pretty nice. They seem to like to crowd around me so I'm stuck in the middle of the herd.
    One of my horse adventures they gave me a positively gigantic male who apparently took to walking in a line with the others badly. He would run up to the front and try to walk before the other horses, would bite them if I made him stay in line, and eventually gave up on the group and took me for a gallop around the brush.

26. - Top - End - #536

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    I have the mod that gives you Flutter's attacking towns and one of the sets of pony-themed gear, but otherwise I have not heard of this yet.
    Youtube video that was on EqD.
    The dude's tumblr.

Reading through a few pages on the tumblr, it seems to be adding in a full "My Little Pony" race to choose. Though I don't think much progress has been made recently. He has also done a few things like pony related armors and whatever the heck a "face morph" is.
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

27. - Top - End - #537

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    Youtube video that was on EqD.
    The dude's tumblr.

Reading through a few pages on the tumblr, it seems to be adding in a full "My Little Pony" race to choose. Though I don't think much progress has been made recently. He has also done a few things like pony related armors and whatever the heck a "face morph" is.
    Huh, neat. Great, another tumbler to follow.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #538
    Titan in the Playground

One of my horse adventures they gave me a positively gigantic male who apparently took to walking in a line with the others badly. He would run up to the front and try to walk before the other horses, would bite them if I made him stay in line, and eventually gave up on the group and took me for a gallop around the brush.
    Heh, did you bail or hang on for dear life?

In a similar situation (though it was a mare) I hung on for dear life and smacked my head on a tree.

We also had a stallion who had the ability to walk through fences as if they weren't even there. Eventually we had to sell him since we needed those fences and couldn't afford to keep replacing them.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

29. - Top - End - #539
    Titan in the Playground

You know...
    I am simultaneously blushing at getting into your signature, and sighing that it would be that quote that did it.

Spoiler
    Show

Hey guys, free pony rides at Thanqol's house!

This paragraph screams out "I'm a writer" though I'm not sure quite why. Maybe it's because you went into the dog's perspective in that whimsical way.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

30. - Top - End - #540

Ladies, please!
    We can all be fabulous u.u
    I'm the most fabulous though!