New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: My Little Pony XLVIII: I say Ol' Chap, how about those Equestrians?

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Even for when they're being silly you are still un-informed.
    That is a completely different vision of Aquaman, though. Notice the Facial Hair.

.... actually, that's the difference in the other version, too....

.... I need to grow out my facial hair now....
    You can call me anything. I've been called Inkin, Nono, INo, Names, and NoKnow so far.

As of 7/20, I've gotten help in trying to get past a physical addiction that's been eating at my time, and finished recovering from a spot of trouble that ended up eeking into Self-Harm. I'm doing better now; here's hoping it lasts a bit longer...

2. - Top - End - #452
    Spamalot in the Playground

Iron Will fanart, and you can too!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

3. - Top - End - #453
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    .... you've been on these threads for Months, and you're still in the testing state? Jesus, you must be indecisive as hell.
    ?, it's just says it's like K, not hater or brony

You'd be a Stage 1 or Stage 7 then, not a Stage 2...
    ....nope, it still does fit to stage 2, though I sometimes oscillate to stage 1....

So you don't like anything then. You don't like any movies, books, video games, bands/songs, etc. Hardly that but I will go further, you must have a favorite something or other. You are a fan of all those things.

Fan is just a word to express "person that likes [X]" so if you have anything to fit the variable then you are a certifiable fan. Around here we just have a special word for pony fans.
    I'm not a fan of those, and I go with Inoknownames about fandom, just liking it doesn't make you a fan, but liking and going further into it makes someone a fan, and I haven't done that with anything, except explosions and fights
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-07-07 at 10:13 AM.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #454

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    Well, I can do one a week, but they are going to be crappy paint ones (though I might just make some sprites so it looks a little less crappy).

It looks good to me, maybe wait till people ask about them to make them longer? Seems a good strategy to let us talk about ourselves (unless they never ask...)

Are we getting lots of watches or something?
    I was just saying that having this tumblr can last a long time because of all the artists interested. Not that the posts have to be long. For about a week of posting things we have an okay amount of watchers.
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    So what do I do? Draw a picture? Is a pen drawn photo sufficient? What are the dimensions required? Do I have to somehow edit the question into the top? Can I use any of the previously displayed images? Do I have to cal dibs? Can multiple people answer a single question?
    Yes. Yes. I think the width is something like 800 pixels, but pictures expand out so it can be pretty much any size. Someone else could edit in the question, I could too. Maybe? It may help, but it's not needed (probably) It's kinda up to you guys if you want to have multiple answerers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    Gosh dang it. Lost almost the entire second post because it happened again. Shoot me.
    Ouch, I know how that feels even if it's not related to drawing. I've never been huge on the whole "saving" thing in games, or work in general I guess. I've had game files that didn't save until like 4 hours in.
    Last edited by Strife Warzeal; 2012-07-07 at 10:35 AM.
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

5. - Top - End - #455
    Colossus in the Playground

6. - Top - End - #456
    Dwarf in the Playground

After 2 months of non-lurking I come back to hide in the shadows once more! Muhaha-ha!
    I see you have a good coverage of Bronycon, I'll probably read up the previous thread when I have the time...

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    I think that Bard also better integrates the cheerful elements with the sad ones. The depressing bits of Brew are mostly the verse by her dead parents and the little sigh at the end. Bard has both threads running through the entire song, and the same verse makes you want to smile a whistle along and cry at the same time.
    Bard reminds me of "always look on the bright side of life". Which I consider a positive song in its own right.

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    I'd settle for something showing the world from the predator's perspective for a change, with the herbivores being mindless slash monstrous.
    Mowgli and the cattle stampede? Not quite, because they don't actively seek their pray, but the closest I can remember.

Usually when the herbivores are mindless and dangerous they're regarded as a force of nature, not a slasher monster. Exactly because unlike carnivores they don't actively seek to destroy you.

If the story is about carnivores the pray can be:
    • mindless and not dangerous, in which case you don't dwell on it. Walking to the fridge to get a hotdog is not that interesting.
    • mindless and dangerous, in which case it's like an work hazard or force of nature: not evil, not really scary, just can kill you
    • smart, dangerous and vengeful, like an elephant who never forgets to kill. Notice the vengeful part. Now this is a slasher monster, but notice how specific we need to be to get here!
    • sapient, in which case morality comes into play and everything gets complicated.

If the story is about herbivores the hunters can be:
    • mindless/stupid, in which case they are not scary. Kinda like a work hazard again. Can be monsters, if the pray doesn't notice the hunter is stupid or is too scared to use its predictability.
    • smart monsters. Don't need to be vengeful, just hungry, which makes this kind of story much more prevalent.
    • sapient, in which case they're probably villains.

When have, say, weasels ever been portrayed in a positive light? You know, weasels that kill prey that in comparison to their body weight, is like a lion single handedly taking down an elephant? Where's the stories of the brave weasel hunters, daring the lair of the giant rabbit prey (because, y'know, rabbits still have pretty damn big teeth - and even a lowly squirrel can bite right through your fingernail), not unlike slaying a dragon?

No, weasels eat "cute" (sic) animals, so they must be evil.
    Riki-tiki-tavi was positive and he's somewhat like a weasel. Then again, he eats snakes, not furry critters.

Jack London had some stories from wolf and bear perspectives, but they always had men as the bad guy, not herbivores.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexam View Post
    Actually, it's a bloody nuisance trying to take photos or video of him sometimes:
    Mini-Dex: *doing something cute*
    Mrs Dex: Oh look, he's doing something cute! *grabs camera and points it at Mini-Dex*
    Mini-Dex: *stops doing the cute something to stare at the camera*
    Mrs Dex:
    Like this?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKreTZuT230#t=1m05s

Quote Originally Posted by Zigg'rrauglurr View Post
    <ejem> As one of the mostly (traditionally) sane in this thread. I mean. I have just two Tulpas/ThoughtForms/MindConstructs with me.
    I thought Bleakbane was the sane one? That was a long time ago, now I'm not sure anymore.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    ?, it's just says it's like K, not hater or brony
    There are a couple of levels for that sort of thing.

?, ....nope, it still does fit to stage 2, though I sometimes oscillate to stage 1....
    ..... I might just be using a different one from you. Let me make what I know clear, be it right or wrong, from what I've learned and researched:

Spoiler
    Show
    See, as far as I know, it goes like this:

Spoiler
    Show
    [Type 0]
    v
    |->------------->|
    v v
    v [Type 1]
    |-<-------------<|
    v
    v
    [Type 2]>----------------------------------->|
    v |
    [Type 3]<>-------------------------------<>|
    v |
    [Type 4]<>---------------------------<>[Type 7*]
    | |
    |>------------->| |
    | v |
    | [Type 5]<>-------------<>|
    |<-------------<| |
    | |
    v |
    [Type 6]<>------------------------------<>|

Where each of the Types means the following:

Spoiler
    Show
    [Type 0]: Ignorance. You lack an internet connection or a working tv, maybe both, and have somehow never encountered the phenomenia in question in any physical way, shape, or form. "My Little Pony? What is that?"

[Type 1]: Distant Awarance. Be it a commercial, channel/site surfing, seeing someone with memorabelia, or some other reason, you have encountered the phenomena in some physical way, shape, or form. You choose to avoid it for whatever reason you might have. "Eww, This show is for girls!"

[Type 2]: Trial. Made aware of the material, you attempt to understand it, giving it a try. Further interaction to determine whether or not it fits you is made. "... meh. I'll give it a shot."

[Type 3]: Acceptance. Having made it through several trials, the merrits and issues of the subject matter has been weighed, and while it has not become notably favorable in your eyes, it has not also become an issue. "Well, it's not half bad, actually."

[Type 4]: Casual Appreciation. You enjoy the subject matter at hand favorably. It can be considered an Interest, even if it isn't a particularly powerful one. "It's actually pretty good! I rather like these Ponies!"

[Type 5]: Shame. Despite having an even further appreciation for the subject matter than most, usually conflicting view points or other issues, both inside and out, cause you to hide your view point on the subject. "I'm a closet Brony. I like it, but I wouldn't be caught dead admiting it in public."

[Type 6]: Adoration. You are a true fan, be it of the highest calibur or of humble levels. You genuinly appreciate the subject matter at hand, and express it with pride and joy. "Brony over here! 'sup herd! My favorite Pony is ( )! Make me a Pony Avvie!"

[Type 7]: Rejection. For whatever reason, your experiences have been negative, tainted by other sources, or some how soured. You choose to avoid the subject material as best as possible, severing former bonds to it. "I hate My Little Pony!"

*Type 7 is special. Once you have gained knowledge of something, it's far outside the norm to lose it, even if you disliked it. Once you progress to type 7 from type 2, you can not go back to being a type 2 or less. The path is one way, up until that point. You can, however, flow back and forth from Type 7 to any of Types 3-6.

7 and 1 do not overlap, in my opinion. It is not possible to give genuine credible hatred of something you do not understand. It is only through an attempt at understanding can your decision carry any weight at all.

Seems legit to me, personally. No one is born knowing of some subject straight from the womb, so everyone starts off at Type 0 some time. Then people here about it, and are either willing to try it (ie Type 2), or, on principle, avoid it and profess issue with it (Type 1). After trying it, going straight to any of the latter types is to be expected, be it from Type 3 to Type 7.

I'm a Type 3 under this system, though at further exposure, I risk potentially moving up to 4 or 5.

I'm not a fan of those, and I go with Inoknownames about fandom, just liking it doesn't make you a fan, but liking and going further into it makes someone a fan, and I haven't done that with anything, except explosions and fights
    .... going further into explosions might be detrimental to your health.
    You can call me anything. I've been called Inkin, Nono, INo, Names, and NoKnow so far.

As of 7/20, I've gotten help in trying to get past a physical addiction that's been eating at my time, and finished recovering from a spot of trouble that ended up eeking into Self-Harm. I'm doing better now; here's hoping it lasts a bit longer...

8. - Top - End - #458
    Firbolg in the Playground

You were raised wrong then and clearly never really watched that show.
    That was when DC put him through his 'try too hard' phase because of all the terrible Aquaman before. Seriously hook hand and mullet.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

9. - Top - End - #459

..... I might just be using a different one from you. Let me make what I know clear, be it right or wrong, from what I've learned and researched
    ...Nope, I use this one someone posted some threads back

Spoiler
    Show

.... going further into explosions might be detrimental to your health.
    Pff, It's the only thing I've been on since I was 4 years old, so nope
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-07-07 at 11:57 AM.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #460
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

...Nope, I use this one someone posted some threads back

Spoiler
    Show
    Interesting that you would have your Infection Reference Guide Handy, Luka. :p

That said, it seems a bit too informal for the sake of research, not to mention biased toward MLP, rather than media in general. Not very adaptable.

Between testimony of other people here, your frequent visits to an MLP devoted section of a website, and your art preferences, you seem like you fit the description of a 3rd Level Infected by this grid, anyway.

Pff, It's the only thing I've been onf since I was 4 years old, so nope
    I'm not sure what an "onf" is, but I want Pics, or it didn't happen, that you've survived being blown up since 4. That's usually a fatal experience, what with the 4th+ degree burns.

11. - Top - End - #461

Interesting that you would have your Infection Reference Guide Handy, Luka. :p

Between testimony of other people here, your frequent visits to an MLP devoted section of a website, and your art preferences, you seem like you fit the description of a 3rd Level Infected by this grid, anyway.
    Had to take a while to find it, not exactly "handy"

And it's actually more like a late stage 2, not 3, I don't even watch the show except just trying out something..... And then raging at the complete lack of action.

I'm not sure what an "onf" is, but I want Pics, or it didn't happen, that you've survived being blown up since 4. That's usually a fatal experience, what with the 4th+ degree burns.
    ...."Being blown up"? dude you're doing it wrong, the point is exploding something else, not yourself.... That's like saying you like guns so you shoot yourself. And no pics, no camera, neither owe you anything
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #462
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Had to take a while to find it, not exactly "handy"
    But you did know where it was, and know what to look for, and that you can't deny at all.

And it's actually more like a late stage 2, not 3,
    Hm... Let's look at this objectively, using the same chart you presented.

Can't be a Stage 1, because you wouldn't watch the show if you hated it and think it's 100% stupid, nor do you treat Bronies with a stigma of any kind, since you frequent this section of the forum.

As you admit, you watch the show, so you can't be an early Stage 2. If not for that, than your active presence here means you certainly don't ignore it and just laugh when you occasionally see it. I don't see how you are a Late Stage 2, since you seem to have long since been exposed enough to "the infection" to have given it a try, and you've found the avatars nice enough to requisition one for yourself.

Since you so vehemotly deny your liking of it, despite almost all evidence to the contrary, Early Stage 3 sounds right. You seem to be ashamed of what you are, and have mentioned that you watch the shows to try stuff, about on par with the little tool tip (watching the episodes to try stuff sounds about on par with watching out of some obligation. Obligated to try stuff works, too). Though, I don't know your habbits enough to know if you watch multiple times a day, and you don't seem to flaunt your brony hood, so you don't sound like a Late Stage 3. But you do have a Brony-Tar, so...

Nothing further on sounds too much like you, at least so long as you continue to deny it. Whatever you do in your personal time is your business unless you felt like making it public, and you seem to be quiet on the subject.

So you seem like at the least an Early Stage 3: Infected Brony.

For the record, I'm a Late Stage 2, with a risk of further Infection.

I don't even watch the show except just trying out something.....
    Trying things like what?

And then raging at the complete lack of action.
    ... if you've watched it enough to know that there's not enough action in it, why continue to put yourself through something you don't like? Seems like a silly response to me.

...."Being blown up"? dude you're doing it wrong, the point is exploding something else, not yourself.... That's like saying you like guns so you shoot yourself.
    But it gives you so much more definition on what someone else feels like when you blow them up or shoot them or stab them when you've done it to yourself. What kind of maniac tries to put other people through feelings they themselves don't understand? That's exactly how it should be done. 's how I do it, anyway. And it works for me. Certainly makes it easier to threaten to slit someone's throat when I know how my own throat bleeds.

And no pics, no camera, neither owe you anything
    D'aww... I wanted to see combustion baby....
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-07-07 at 12:33 PM.

13. - Top - End - #463
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Iron Will fanart, and you can too!
    Spoiler
    Show
    I was pretty happy when that Fanon was crushed. Also Iron Will is amazing

Those Brony charts are pretty interesting, though Luka's is more played for laughs while INoKnowNames' is serious.

On the subject of bullying it was never really a problem for me. My interactions with people were pretty binary in my youth.

If you weren't bothering me and not my friend = ignored
    If verbally bothering me and not my friend = ignored
    If physically bothering me and not my friend = fight

and my respond would switch as soon as they switched category. So it did look as if I would snap as soon as they touched me. Net result I was left only to read my books in peace.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

14. - Top - End - #464
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Those Brony charts are pretty interesting, though Luka's is more played for laughs while INoKnowNames' is serious.
    I can have fun, but 75% of the time, at minimum, I can be expected not only to be 100% honest, but to expect that of others. Bluff and Sense Motive are not class skills, nor do I have any ranks in them.

On the subject of bullying it was never really a problem for me. My interactions with people were pretty binary in my youth.

If you weren't bothering me and not my friend = ignored
    If verbally bothering me and not my friend = ignored
    If physically bothering me and not my friend = fight

and my respond would switch as soon as they switched category. So it did look as if I would snap as soon as they touched me. Net result I was left only to read my books in peace.
    .... I don't like bullies...

...people were very mean to me, especially in middle school... I'd probably be a different person if I hadn't been picked on as badly as I was.

15. - Top - End - #465

But you did know where it was, and know what to look for, and that you can't deny at all.
    Not exactly, opened several threads and used search, and it's cuz it was used before.

Can't be a Stage 1, because you wouldn't watch the show if you hated it and think it's 100% stupid, nor do you treat Bronies with a stigma of any kind, since you frequent this section of the forum.

As you admit, you watch the show, so you can't be an early Stage 2. If not for that, than your active presence here means you certainly don't ignore it and just laugh when you occasionally see it. I don't see how you are a Late Stage 2, since you seem to have long since been exposed enough to "the infection" to have given it a try, and you've found the avatars nice enough to requisition one for yourself.

Since you so vehemotly deny your liking of it, despite almost all evidence to the contrary, Early Stage 3 sounds right. You seem to be ashamed of what you are, and have mentioned that you watch the shows to try stuff, about on par with the little tool tip (watching the episodes to try stuff sounds about on par with watching out of some obligation. Obligated to try stuff works, too). Though, I don't know your habbits enough to know if you watch multiple times a day, and you don't seem to flaunt your brony hood, so you don't sound like a Late Stage 3. But you do have a Brony-Tar, so...

Nothing further on sounds too much like you, at least so long as you continue to deny it. Whatever you do in your personal time is your business unless you felt like making it public, and you seem to be quiet on the subject.

So you seem like at the least an Early Stage 3: Infected Brony.

For the record, I'm a Late Stage 2, with a risk of further Infection.
    Actually, the avvy is what got me from Late stage 1-Early stage 2 to late stage 2, and I can't be Early Stage 3 when I keep pointing out that there's stuff I dislike stuff about it instead of just hiding it.
    And not I'm not ashamed since I'm not, just watched like 2 eps or so, and it's to try it out and see if there's something I may like, not obligation.
    And dude, I've already said that having an avvy doesn't mean you're a brony.... pff, now having a star trek ship picture means you're a trekkie? no.

But it gives you so much more definition on what someone else feels like when you blow them up or shoot them or stab them when you've done it to yourself. What kind of maniac tries to put other people through feelings they themselves don't understand? That's exactly how it should be done. 's how I do it, anyway. And it works for me. Certainly makes it easier to threaten to slit someone's throat when I know how my own throat bleeds.
    ....I can't tell if you're trolling, or just....wat?
    ....Only thing I could say: screw definition, I like stuff just cuz I do out of pure whim.

D'aww... I wanted to see combustion baby....
    .....Dude, not funny
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-07-07 at 01:05 PM.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #466
    Ogre in the Playground

Honestly, I think this chart is a tad more accurate

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by PhantomFox; 2012-07-07 at 12:58 PM.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Titan in the Playground

I can have fun, but 75% of the time, at minimum, I can be expected not only to be 100% honest, but to expect that of others. Bluff and Sense Motive are not class skills, nor do I have any ranks in them.

.... I don't like bullies...

...people were very mean to me, especially in middle school... I'd probably be a different person if I hadn't been picked on as badly as I was.
    I try to be honest but sometimes its hard. And its not like society expects me to honest (I hate hate hate interviews for this reason).

I have to admit I was pretty lucky when it came to bullies. My older siblings kinda bullied me as I grew up so that made me tougher. Also they made it abundantly clear that if I ever got into a fight I couldn't handle they would step in and help me.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

18. - Top - End - #468

I have to admit I was pretty lucky when it came to bullies. My older siblings kinda bullied me as I grew up so that made me tougher. Also they made it abundantly clear that if I ever got into a fight I couldn't handle they would step in and help me.
    ...Almost all the students of high school bullied me, hence why I kinda value solitude over friendship, though a buddy of mine (and pretty much the only buddy I had in my life) was pretty much the strongest in there, kinda lucky about that.... but they still bullied me.
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-07-07 at 01:13 PM.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #469
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Not exactly, opened several threads and used search, and it's cuz it was used before
    [Trolling]I wonder who used it. :D[/Trolling]

Actually, the avvy is what got me from Late stage 1-Early stage 2 to late stage 2
    And dude, I've already said that having an avvy doesn't mean you're a brony....
    [NotTrolling]By the chart you provided, the willingness to change your social networking icon (unless I'm getting the definition of an avatar wrong) to a pony is a sign of Stage 3.[/Not Trolling]

and I can't be Early Stage 3 when I keep pointing out that there's stuff I dislike stuff about it instead of just hiding it.
    [NotTrolling]It's actually rather common to profess to dislike something you are, as a cover.[/QUOTE]

And not I'm not ashamed since I'm not,
    [Trolling]You're not ashamed! You're totally an infected Brony! :D[/trolling]

just watched like 2 eps or so, and it's to try it out and see if there's something I may like, not obligation.
    [Not Trolling]... I'm not sure what your internet or cable service provider is like, but if it takes you 2 months to try out 2 episodes, then you might want to get your money back. Plus, how do you know if there is no action if that's all that you've watched?[/Not Trolling]

pff, now having a star trek ship picture means you're a trekkie? no.
    [Not Trolling]Certainly makes you easier to identify as one. Though whether or not containing any memorabilia marks you or not depends on the study. Many do, some don't. Heck, your chart notes it as a characteristic of a Late Stage 3.[/Not Trolling]

....I can't tell if you're trolling, or just....wat?

.....Yeah, definitely trolling.
    [Not Trolling]Heh... it's hilarious to be considered trolling when you aren't.

Does that make me a reverse troll? I don't troll to troll?

Yo Dawg, I heard you like Trolls...[/Not Trolling]

....Only thing I could say: screw definition, I like stuff just cuz I do out of pure whim.
    [Trolling]You sure you aren't just holding out on those pictures of exploding babies?[/trolling]

[Not Trolling]Seriously though, that mindset (yours) is a good one. Don't feel bad about stuff. Do what feels natural to you and that you like. You're the one who has to live with your choices.[/Not Trolling]

.....Dude, not funny
    [Not Trolling]Eh. Wasn't really trying to be funny. Just passing another few minutes from craddle to grave, and enjoying the show inbetween.

Though it would be interesting to see an exploding baby... Never said -nice-... but certainly interesting. [Not Trolling]

@Phantom Fox; another chart a bit too specific. And not really a chart chart so much a guide chart.

I try to be honest but sometimes its hard. And its not like society expects me to honest (I hate hate hate interviews for this reason).
    I hate interviews just because I embarras a bit easy when put under pressure. But it's kinda hard for me to lie. I'm not good at it at all, so I avoid it at all costs.

Eh, I got coddled when I was little. I wasn't quite ready to hang out with the big kids yet, and didn't come out of it very well... my brother was one of my biggest enemies for a while, but we've finally come back to basics.

...Almost all the students of high school bullied me, hence why I kinda value solitude over friendship, though a buddy of mine (and pretty much the only buddy I had in my life) was pretty much the strongest in there, kinda lucky about that.... but they still bullied me.
    Sorry for your high school... I suppose I lucked out there. I still want to burn down my middle school, but the friends I met in my high school helped turn me around, despite some issues here or there.
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-07-07 at 01:23 PM.

20. - Top - End - #470

By the chart you provided, the willingness to change your social networking icon (unless I'm getting the definition of an avatar wrong) to a pony is a sign of Stage 3.
    I never understood that part of that chart, it seemed kinda stupid to me.

not when what I dislike is the complete opposite of what I like

... I'm not sure what your internet or cable service provider is like, but if it takes you 2 months to try out 2 episodes, then you might want to get your money back. Plus, how do you know if there is no action if that's all that you've watched?
    I said 2 or so, not gonna watch a ton of them when there's many-a-thing in there that just annoys me

Certainly makes you easier to identify as one. Though whether or not containing any memorabilia marks you or not depends on the study. Many do, some don't. Heck, your chart notes it as a characteristic of a Late Stage 3.
    and this is the only place where I use one

Seriously though, that mindset (yours) is a good one. Don't feel bad about stuff. Do what feels natural to you and that you like. You're the one who has to live with your choices.
    ...Already said what was that I like: explosions, that's what I like and feel natural to, not feeling bad.

@Phantom Fox; another chart a bit too specific. And not really a chart chart so much a guide chart.
    Actually.... that chart seems a bit more accurate
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #471
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Let me remind yall that the last time we got warned about a topic, it was because of our attempts to force convert Luka. Let's not go down that road again please.

In other news, ponies. BTW, if you guessed that it was going to be a Luna-centric set of pictures.... You know me too well.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

22. - Top - End - #472
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post

Spoiler
    Show
    *stumbles in after spellcheck/grammar nazi-ing thanqol's story*
    *see typo in pinkie section*
    kill it with fire!!!
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

23. - Top - End - #473
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post

Spoiler
    Show
    I have never called anything my "waifu" and never will. Also find it odd they would use that word, since it's mainly an anime thing.

24. - Top - End - #474

That chart is wrong. Obviously, Trixie is my waifu.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I have never called anything my "waifu" and never will. Also find it odd they would use that word, since it's mainly an anime thing.
    I'd like to give them some credit and say it's a play on the fact that Lauren Faust has characterized Fluttershy as the "waif" character archetype several times. Though probably the chart maker wasn't thinking about that.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

26. - Top - End - #476
    Titan in the Playground

Regarding Luka's indifference to Pony;
    It's worth considering that if you click on the "Find all posts by user" button, you have to go back 5 pages to find a post in a thread that isn't directly pony related. And at least one of those two results on page 5 are about ponies. (Possibly both, but impossible to verify).

Luka doesn't visit the pony parts of the playground, he pretty much exclusively dwells in them.

But you're right, that's quite enough of this topic.

Likewise the Aquaman thing. It's a rich topic for discussion but one that has been hashed over enough times already to be quite honest even ignoring the off-topicness.

The charts are all unconvincingly arbitrary. INoKnowNames chart was much better than the others I've seen, though.

Also, poni.
    Spoiler
    Show

The weather here in no way resembles this. Loving the art style though.
    Last edited by Tiki Snakes; 2012-07-07 at 03:50 PM.

27. - Top - End - #477
    Titan in the Playground

Even for when they're being silly you are still un-informed.
    I really cannot understand why they gave such a good show such a dreadful intro sequence that it mostly put me off, and why the first set of episodes shown on CN here were such drivel, because every time someone links the highlights of the Brave and the Bold I end up cracking up and wishing I could have seen some of those episodes first.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    That bad? I had heard the patching was... Special, but? Anything in particular! Other than "it's another Diablo" I know NOTHING about it.
    Eh, it ain't that bad. I was only a casual D2 player at the best of times, thought (I never even made it through Nightmare), so for me, D3 is perfectly fine. (Especially as I got it for only £22 quid, thank you Amazon...) It's a mildly entertaining thumping session, which is all I expected from it.

Quote Originally Posted by fizmat View Post
    Usually when the herbivores are mindless and dangerous they're regarded as a force of nature, not a slasher monster. Exactly because unlike carnivores they don't actively seek to destroy you.
    Not really. Hippos, for example, cheerfully attack everything and anything, especially predator creatures and will do so often without provocation.

Not all herbivores are skittish cattle-like creatures.

Actually, you could easily have a story about predators with evil Hippo villains, intelligent or otherwise, I think.

(No reason why the more heavily armed dinosaurs could be the same.)

Quote Originally Posted by fizmat13870
    I thought Bleakbane was the sane one? That was a long time ago, now I'm not sure anymore.
    Comparitively sane one. Still kinda am, though Soras now is fairly well grounded, and Zevox too, when he's around.

Good game today; once again, more subconciously than my conscious decision, I managed to time the length exactly right; everyone enjoyed themselves, especially the lads - even during that last-minute hair-raising encounter with the Ghoul, when it landed both claws and the bite on the Elven Monk the older of the lads was playing and knocked him to negatives...

(This was, by the way, a Dreemaenhyll Ghoul, which is a whole different kettle of fish to a regular ghoul - stronger attacks, no paralysation, but it inflicts corrosion damage on each hit and the bite essentiallyt deal 4E-style ongoing damage - which heals it. S'nasty. (Put it this way, those three combined hits did enough damage to knock the monk (who had maximum hits per level) from undamaged to disabled in one go. And he wasn't at full health...!)

28. - Top - End - #478
    Firbolg in the Playground

Not really. Hippos, for example, cheerfully attack everything and anything, especially predator creatures and will do so often without provocation.

Not all herbivores are skittish cattle-like creatures.

Actually, you could easily have a story about predators with evil Hippo villains, intelligent or otherwise, I think.

(No reason why the more heavily armed dinosaurs could be the same.)
    Amusingly, this fits well into something I was doing a few days ago. Within this, there is a nation that is a greek/egyption nation, that, by tradition, has a large river where the entire country is built around. Besides the Minotaurs 1 and earth ponies living in it, there are roving bands of Hippos that control huge swaths of the river, being just as protective of there lands as a Buffalo with no chance of negotiations when you cross into them.

1 Minotaurs are actualy kind of neat in this, because they have a system that's sort of like a Morman/Greek hybrid. They mostly live in effectivly indipendent holdings run by minotaurs, but are also inhabited by goats, sheep, cows, ect. Effectivly, the Minotaurs protect said creatures, and in turn are supplied with wool, milk, cheese, ect.

A young minotaur, after he or she is near adulthood, sets out to learn as much about the nearby settlements as they are willing too, afterwords either returning or traveling abroad. This usualy gives them the basic impression that while minotaurs have a system that works for themselves, every race has there own way's to handle life's problems. The gist of this? Iron Will had a lot to learn about standing up for one's self, and is still learning. Also, he decided that ponies have a good idea in the whole "no pants/toga's" thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

29. - Top - End - #479
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    That was when DC put him through his 'try too hard' phase because of all the terrible Aquaman before. Seriously hook hand and mullet.
    That's not a mullet, a mullet involves the combination of short and long hair. Aquaman just wears his hair long in that series.

I really cannot understand why they gave such a good show such a dreadful intro sequence that it mostly put me off, and why the first set of episodes shown on CN here were such drivel, because every time someone links the highlights of the Brave and the Bold I end up cracking up and wishing I could have seen some of those episodes first.
    Did the UK get a different intro or something? Otherwise you once again are proving yourself to have exceedingly narrow tastes, and/or engage in considerable hyperbolic melodrama towards anything you don't care for.

Comparitively sane one. Still kinda am, though Soras now is fairly well grounded, and Zevox too, when he's around.
    I supposed that's true... by this place's standards....

30. - Top - End - #480

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Regarding Luka's indifference to Pony;
    It's worth considering that if you click on the "Find all posts by user" button, you have to go back 5 pages to find a post in a thread that isn't directly pony related. And at least one of those two results on page 5 are about ponies. (Possibly both, but impossible to verify).

Luka doesn't visit the pony parts of the playground, he pretty much exclusively dwells in them.
    I call massive boredom, used to play somewhere else, then I got here and I kinda liked hanging around while having no idea what is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    But you're right, that's quite enough of this topic.
    .....And thus comes another time without knowing what to do or posting anything.
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-07-07 at 05:00 PM.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show