New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XLVIII: I say Ol' Chap, how about those Equestrians?

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post

Also I'm thinking of trying out X-Com. Which one should I get, or should I bite the bullet and get all of them? Also it is a good game right?
    You should probably grab the first one, well, first. Personally, I'm a big fan of Apocalypse as well, but I'm not entirely certain it runs very well on more modern Operating Systems, my version won't run on Windows 7 without getting some freaky color issues. Avoid Terror From The Deep at first, but give it a try post-UFO Defense. Also, avoid Enforcer and Interceptor unless you're really curious. If you want all of them at once though, I'm pretty certain you can find a collection of all five on Steam or Amazon.

As for your second question, yes, Apocalypse and UFO Defense are both great games. Terror From The Deep is basically a slightly modified clone of UFO Defense except with the difficulty taken to insane levels, and Enforcer and Interceptor never happened. Do be warned that the original and TFTD have terrible combat interfaces, so find some sort of manual on the interwebs first so you know which buttons do what. Also, you should know that the Big Three as a whole are quite difficult, something the series is (in)famous for. Although they become somewhat easier once you get access to the game-breaking psychic powers.
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2012-07-06 at 01:09 PM.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

2. - Top - End - #362
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Also I'm thinking of trying out X-Com. Which one should I get, or should I bite the bullet and get all of them? Also it is a good game right?
    There is a *ejem*torr-ent*ejem* out there that has all the games.
    Start downloading it.
    Configure the download just to get Enemy Unknown, once its finished let it download the rest.
    Read a little on how to play.
    Enjoy one of the best games ever. (Seriously for that era the game has an incredible depth to it).
    As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero.

Blackwing: I prefer to think of myself a super-advanced flying stealth dinosaur.

Forum Explorer: Reading or watching Cupcakes is like being shot. We honor your suffering but nobody wants it to happen.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Barbarian in the Playground

Balmas For you OC information, the picture is the seapony right? Or is there a picture you'd rather have.

Bleakbane (that's spelled correctly, right?) since I can imagine you'll be mentioned, by someone whether an asker in an answer, would you like an entry on the cast page.
    Since it's been mentioned, BlasTech too.

Thanqol, Do you have a picture for Charger, preferably without a background.

Rebel Hero, can you get some pictures of your other two OCs with cutie marks in place?

Zigg'rrauglurr (thank god I have a copy-paste of that saved) does your OC share names too?

Beyond these small notes, the Cast page is up. If you were on that OC list thingy, you're on it.
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

4. - Top - End - #364
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    Zigg'rrauglurr (thank god I have a copy-paste of that saved) does your OC share names too?
    My OC/Ponysona is called Magnus (for the sake of pony tongues everywhere). I don't have a last name yet, although I take suggestions.
    Somewhat in topic, I repeat the question are the elements of Console/Command Prompt or Tulpa/Multiple personalities taken? If one is free I would like to claim said element.
    Also you can shorten Zigg'rrauglurr to Ziggie, I have always done that.
    As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero.

Blackwing: I prefer to think of myself a super-advanced flying stealth dinosaur.

Forum Explorer: Reading or watching Cupcakes is like being shot. We honor your suffering but nobody wants it to happen.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ettin in the Playground

This is a funny thing:

When I'm writing a short story for a serious anthology contest, it takes me weeks, it's like drawing blood and then much later like making wonders, and at the end of it I've only got nearly four thousand words.

When I'm writing a story about the royal sisters, it takes me three days to get to the same point, and yet it still felt like both drawing blood and making wonder.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Ogre in the Playground

42!

...I don't get it.
    Look, it's not my fault you've never finished reading Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

7. - Top - End - #367
    Troll in the Playground

Tumblr submission:

EDIT: Starting to think I shouldn't have colored it. The pencil drawing looks a lot better, probably because it's got thicker lines that make it look like it's vaguely a pony...
    Last edited by Siosilvar; 2012-07-06 at 03:23 PM.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

8. - Top - End - #368

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    I can take the one about us each having our own elements. It will probably involve a description of several bronies, plus Luka. Then, EXPLOSIONS!
    ....You're including me as one or as exception? though if you want you can add me in it
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #369

So, I (Probably foolishly) think it's time to submit Show and Spell to EQD. I'm at the point where I need to pick the five best words to describe my story, and I'm stuck...

It's probably not ready if I can't think up five words to describe it, right? What do you guys think, should I add more chapters before I try to submit? What words would you use to describe it?

10. - Top - End - #370
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by maximus25 View Post
    So, I (Probably foolishly) think it's time to submit Show and Spell to EQD. I'm at the point where I need to pick the five best words to describe my story, and I'm stuck...

It's probably not ready if I can't think up five words to describe it, right? What do you guys think, should I add more chapters before I try to submit? What words would you use to describe it?
    Trixie learns a lesson? A life lived for others? I do not know.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

11. - Top - End - #371
    Banned

Lix: been meanin to say I love the new avvy. But every time I quote you I forget by the time I get down the line! *huggles*

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    wish i could put my ponies out on desk like that...but i would never find them again as any small loose thing like that gets "hunted" by my cat
    seriously cannot leave a bottlecap on desk to input code later for 5 minutes before it is gone...don't know how many pens have gone missing
    Yeah. Vicious wee brutes they are! They're durn lucky they're ate so cuddlicious.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    So I just met an Equestria Daily prereader in a professional capacity for the first time. He had some interesting comments:

Spoiler
    Show
    >“I’m fine!” said Bon Bon, “I*

The attribution tag is attached to the first part of the dialogue, which terminated in strong punctuation. This in itself is fine, but the tag should end in a full stop as a result, not a comma.

>“It already is!” She said*

Dialogue attribution tags following the dialogue that they're attached to should begin with a lowercase letter.*

>“Which way to the bathroom?” She said,

Same deal as the previous note.

>“You didn’t – you didn’t – “ Bon Bon frothed briefly, “I’m breaking you into

I'll leave aside en dashes and spaces as a style difference, but the action in the middle is not an attribution tag, and it should have a full stop instead of a comma.*

>“Just get in here!” She cried desperately.

Same as before. Attribution tags following the dialogue that they're attached to should begin with a lowercase letter.*

>“You’re stuck!” said Bon Bon, mind reeling with the horror of it, “Security could

As before, the tag is attached to dialogue that ends in strong punctuation, and so the tag should end in a full stop, not a comma.

>“This is because you can’t lay off the shakes!” Bon Bon accused, “You’re getting fat in the flank!”

This one's ambiguous, as it's not clear whether the tag is attached to the first section of dialogue or the second, but it's worth noting (though it doesn't count against you, as it isn't wrong, exactly).

>“It’s summer.” Hissed Bon Bon.

Dialogue with an attribution tag following it should end in... not a full stop. Almost anything but a full stop, in fact. At the same time, the tag should begin with a lowercase letter when it follows the dialogue it's attached to.

And all this left one burning question in my mind.

What the buck is an attribution tag?

In all my years of schooling and four years of a university creative writing degree I have never heard the term 'attribution tag' before in my life. I'm not sure if this is a hole in my education or just a thing that doesn't happen in Australia.*

Could somepony here explain it to me in words I can comprehend? And better, could somepony with an eye for it scan my story for misuses? If this is something I'm apparently doing wrong all the time I'd really like to know about it and fix it.
    Fascinating.
    Okay, so an attribution tag seems to be as was said, a descriptor which attributes prior speech to an individual.

How it works, is that (apparently) the attribution tag itself is part of the previous dialogue as far as sentence structure goes. So
    "blalalalala, y'know?" she said
    Is one sentence. Since its one sentence, there shouldn't be any random capitalization in the middle. And adding more dialogue via a comma is splicing sentences (even though it's a commonly used bit).

However, even after crashing through as much grammar stuff as I could in high school, given that 90% Of my class couldn't differentiate between a noun and a verb, I have never before come across such a term.

Mostly I'm elated because I've down the last month wondering what the rules were for capitalizing after dialogue, and whether a period or comma should follow. I know now! Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Yeah, this much I've gathered, but what are the rules for how they work?
    Arcane, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post

I quoted this wanting to say something, but with no idea what. The idea behind having other personalities in one's head is not new, but the idea that you can just... make them, especially accidently, is rather... disturbing to me. My head is a private place, I certainly wouldn't want to share it.
    It's understandably a creepy thing. If it helps, consider your mind (the full thing, brain and all) as you, and your personality is the main OS. It's possible to run little programs like NPCs, stories, fake memories, etc., and it's also possible to have alternate OSs lying around, sort of tabbed over and running their own processes. Up until they go viral, Reboot! Style, they're still "you" as you're defined by hardware, not software.

Ouch. Those things are vicious.
    And I would swear they have teeth.

Are they notable in the community for anything? At least one of those names sounds familiar.
    Well, I can't do the story justice at all. But from memory;
    Metacritter originally won a small auction for Faust's Twilight Sparkle sketch. Before any turnaround, he called the seller and said "hey, can I turn this in or auction again, and use the proceeds for charity?"
    The seller agreed, and they contacted Lauren. By the time the auction went live, she had added in two additional sketches - and drew a Derpy Hooves just for the auction.
    I believe they pulled in like, 17k. I also know at least one of the auction winners did the same thing, re-selling the piece or charity.

It's an aquired taste, I guess.
    Probably.

Speaking of acquired tastes, I've got a heapin' hankerin' for some cider! Sweet Sisters that stuff was GOOD.

Not a clue.
    Hm. *Okie doke, we can help. What does the card look like? Dimensions, plug, etc.

I've had people insulting and bullying me as long as I can remember. Perhaps it wouldn't have stuck if I was violent about it. Then again, I'm not exactly tough.
    Me, too. It's easy; I'm skinny and cerebral. It's an attitude thing I suppose. In which case is say just let it roll off you like water from a duck. The personal changes needed to he people to leave you alone are easiest to acquire by becoming someone you don't want to.

Planned Obsolescence of apples? They do go bad, but I don't think that's planned.

Bear in mind that I wasn't making a joke about the actual Apple company or anything. I just felt that Apple Corp was a clever name.
    Aha. Here I thought apple corps was a typo. I agree, that pretty neat.

I suppose the Apple Corps is the Ponyville NationalRegional Guard, then.

-

OH! THANQOL!
    Before I forget again, you think Shining Armor for the guard captain in the Guardalopolis comic?

-

Well, now I feel rather uncomfortable putting my picture online.
    Sorry >.<

Frightened? Nah, it's not that bad. Just kinda gross.
    Ugh. Yeah. I... Glegh.
    Wow.

Sadly, I am at work and cannot watch videos. Which is a shame because I'm sure that I really want to see this.
    I suppose you'd find it enlightening at least~

It was pretty funny at the time too.
    Vbob was pretty swell, all thiga considered.

Well, I did think of doing this, with my character trying to explain that we're all equal while sitting atop a huge throne... but I cannot possibly argue with this.
    Oh no, go ahead. I just had this lying around. If you want to do an actual tumblr post, go ahead!

Poor Apple Bloom. Ponies! Y U NO LET APPLE BLOOM PLAY?
    I'm with them on this one. Adding in the younger sibling just because never goes well. it's like the Girlfriend, only more likely to be disruptive instead of distracting.

There, there. *hugs* I'm totally jelly of the others who got to go to the meet and greet. All I did was say "I love the show! Can I get a picture?"
    You know how it is. On the other side of the fence is where the green grass grows.

I'm tempted too, but I've spent so much money on Bronycon. If there's a group of us going, maybe.
    Hey! Just because it didn't work for me doesn't mean it won't work!

Network!

Figure out schedules. Carpool. Split costs. Make a road trip of it.

Quote Originally Posted by SlyGuyMcFly View Post
    Second. It's a great analogy.
    Thanks. I found it revelatory myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Zigg'rrauglurr View Post
    Speaking of thread elements...
    How taken are the elements of multiple personalities/Tulpas or Console/Command Prompt?
    Pretty sure that's available. We've got some pretty odd elements... I'll try and get Grif to post the list.

I couldn't see the image so I relinked it:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I still can't see it, so I'll re-upload it.

Spoiler
    Show

Interesting, as far as I understood, my fiancee's mind used to work like that with only three existing main personas who ruled on majority vote.
    Interesting. Alway enjoy looking into this sort of thing.

And sorry, I was never trying to thread even closely to touching religion stuff, the comment just happened. Never gonna bring it up again. Sorry
    No worries. I've just had several threads I frequent closed for about the same level o tangent. I'm paranoid (0_0)

And this kills any interest on ever writing some fanfiction.
    Don't be like that. Note that Thanqol, Raz_Fox and PhoeKun are all working towards being professional writers, making a living thereby. You don't need to worry unless you want the story spread across the universe; but the key is to write for fun.

Networking.

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Bronycon is one of those things I really wanna go to, but probably never will. I watched a bunch of videos on Youtube and looked through photos, it looked amazing.*
    I'm hoping some kind of con will pop up closer to home.
    I dunno. I think we could raise the money to supplement several UK bronies comin' over. It would require a concerted effort though.

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    Wait, a good game using the D6 rules or just a good game using d6s?
    Oh, sorry. I was going for Mostly d6 based system. A lot of them are based off existing game engines, and I know you're our go-to games mare.
    Technically, D&D would use d6s, but not predominantly.

Although I suppose the problem is I don't even know how to run a game for ponies. I'm apparently too dark-tinted and action packed.

[auote]I must admit here that unlike my more gifted compatriots I'm not one of those gamers who can look at a rules set and immediately envision all the implications; I have to play with it a while.

In evaluating an MLP game my thought process is likely to meander in this fashion:

1) Is this an actual game, or is it one of those Make **** Up things? Because I can Make **** Up without having to bother with some piece of crap that hasn't even been properly play-tested.

2) How stupid is it to run an earth pony in this game?

3) Is unicorn magic handled in a way that looks enough like the show that I can use it without wondering why I bothered to use an MLP game instead of just writing my own guidelines for some toolkit game like M&M or BESM?

4) Is there any potential for non-pony PCs? Because the odds of my getting to run a pony game with my group are already miniscule, and if I can't at least make griffon PCs available they drop to near zero.

-- for what it's worth.[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm. #4 is definitely something I've been looking at, with a side of #2. I think I might try for a Pony Tales game in the near future. I remember Second Hand being an earth pony, and basically being a Beast, Big McIntosh style.

#1, I'm no quite sure to what extent you mean. #3, well, that's probably really important and I've just never looked ^.^"

Quote Originally Posted by Siosilvar View Post
    Tumblr submission:
    Beautiful!

12. - Top - End - #372
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    ....You're including me as one or as exception? though if you want you can add me in it

Now I'm not sure. Maybe you aren't trolling everyone. Maybe this comment is just you saving face. Or maybe, your dynamic with the group is just yet another way for all you people to mind **** the rest of us on-lookers...

I think it's the latter. You're all insane.
    You can call me anything. I've been called Inkin, Nono, INo, Names, and NoKnow so far.

As of 7/20, I've gotten help in trying to get past a physical addiction that's been eating at my time, and finished recovering from a spot of trouble that ended up eeking into Self-Harm. I'm doing better now; here's hoping it lasts a bit longer...

13. - Top - End - #373
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post

Now I'm not sure. Maybe you aren't trolling everyone. Maybe this comment is just you saving face. Or maybe, your dynamic with the group is just yet another way for all you people to mind **** the rest of us on-lookers...

Not traditional insanity mind you, we're ponysane.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

14. - Top - End - #374
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Beautiful!
    I prefer "Close enough."

As for dialog[ue] rules, US English uses the following as standard:
    "Words," Name said. "More words."
    Outside of the US, I imagine that the only difference is moving the comma outside of the quotes like so:
    "Words", Name said. "More words."
    Fancier stuff:
    "Words?" asked Name. "More words!"
    Name said, "This quote is going
    "to spill over onto two lines."
    But it's never either of
    "Words," said Name, "More words."
    "Words." said Name.

All if I recall correctly, of course. I think the last time I went over these was two years ago or thereabouts.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

15. - Top - End - #375
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Not traditional insanity mind you, we're ponysane.
    Ponysane. What is that. What even is that?

... what does that even mean? Are you sane about Ponies? Sane only with Ponies? Insane but Pony themed? Insane about Ponies?

It's not in my dictionary! And Google tells me nothing! Infact, it links me back to here! YOU DON'T ANSWER A QUESTION WITH ITSELF!
    You can call me anything. I've been called Inkin, Nono, INo, Names, and NoKnow so far.

As of 7/20, I've gotten help in trying to get past a physical addiction that's been eating at my time, and finished recovering from a spot of trouble that ended up eeking into Self-Harm. I'm doing better now; here's hoping it lasts a bit longer...

16. - Top - End - #376
    Firbolg in the Playground

... what does that even mean? Are you sane about Ponies? Sane only with Ponies? Insane but Pony themed? Insane about Ponies?

It's not in my dictionary! And Google tells me nothing! Infact, it links me back to here! YOU DON'T ANSWER A QUESTION WITH ITSELF!
    You begin to grasp what should never be known.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

17. - Top - End - #377
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    You begin to grasp what should never be known.
    .... or just, you know, sorta wonder wtf...

18. - Top - End - #378

Just saying they could add me if they wanted, nothing to do with trolling/saving/dynamic, don't think too much....

And I already know I'm insane that's nothing new.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #379
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Just saying they could add me if they wanted, nothing to do with trolling/saving/dynamic, don't think too much....
    But thinking is the only thing that verifies that I'm -NOT- crazy! And I know I'm not crazy!

Still, coulda sworn we had a small discussion about you being in denial/not being a brony. The statement that prompted the response that you quoted just plain confuses me.

Or did I miss somewhere in the 7 pages since I was last here where you came out of the stable, so to speak?

20. - Top - End - #380
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

What are you talking about? Clearly the rest of the world is insane, and we are the sane ones. I mean, look who runs the place.

Spoiler
    Show

I'll stay here where it is safe, thanks.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    What are you talking about? Clearly the rest of the world is insane, and we are the sane ones. I mean, look who runs the place.

Spoiler
    Show

I'll stay here where it is safe, thanks.
    Should I know who that is?

22. - Top - End - #382
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Well, maybe one day.

He's pretty awesome, in an extremely cruel way.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    #1, I'm no quite sure to what extent you mean.
    I'm mostly hating on the games that boil down to "describe your character, and then, like, roll some dice, man." except they take fifty pages to say it, and they provide no clues as to what a reasonable description is in terms of either detail or power level. Screw that.
    Blue Star Topaz is my name
    Equestria's my station
    The Elements define my creed
    The Herd's my destination

24. - Top - End - #384

Still, coulda sworn we had a small discussion about you being in denial/not being a brony. The statement that prompted the response that you quoted just plain confuses me.

Or did I miss somewhere in the 7 pages since I was last here where you came out of the stable, so to speak?
    Oh well, I just said he could, nothing else
    And dude, really, I'm not a brony, already said, and not a denial, it's true.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #385
    Orc in the Playground

*Takes pity on INoKnowNames.

<ejem> As one of the mostly (traditionally) sane in this thread. I mean. I have just two Tulpas/ThoughtForms/MindConstructs with me.
    TS: Hello.
    PP: Hi! My name is Pinkie Pie! What's your name? I mean YouNoKnowNames, but you know your name? I mean you obviously know your name, Duh! But I mean your reaaaal name. Can we know it? Can we pretty please?
    TS: PINKIE!.
    <EJEM> As I was saying, as one of the sanest individuals here. I will try to elucidate this situation.

Ponysane. The closest definition to it, means that, we are... mostly sane by normal standards, but we can get pretty crazy in the PonyThread, and when it's related to Ponies or similar stuff. But we are not that close to "Cupcakes" level of crazy. Somewhat clearer?

.... or just, you know, sorta wonder wtf...
    Yes, exactly.
    Also:
    Spoiler
    Show

But thinking is the only thing that verifies that I'm -NOT- crazy! And I know I'm not crazy!
    One would think that. But One would also say that crazy people think, maybe not in the same manner that sane people does. Thinking only shows that you are sentient enough to think. It doesn't say anything about your craziness level.

Well, yeah, you missed one interesting conversation on Tulpas, some answers being answered on the tumblr, and our writers fighting with byzantine language rules.
    Buuuuuut, regarding your question, I'm pretty sure that Luka is speaking about being entered in the OC list in the tumblr, therefore being included in the Ponythread list as a non-brony (exception) or as a brony.

Not yet. Until you reach the first 2 episodes of second season, lovable character, voiced by the actor of Q in StarTrek: The next generation. The fandom loves the character and the actor quite a bit.
    Last edited by Zigg'rrauglurr; 2012-07-06 at 06:21 PM.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Oh well, I just said he could, nothing else
    And dude, really, I'm not a brony, already said, and not a denial, it's true.
    riiight.mp4

*Takes pity on INoKnowNames.
    I enjoy pity. Better than scorn.

<ejem> As one of the mostly (traditionally) sane in this thread. I mean. I have just two Tulpas/ThoughtForms/MindConstructs with me.
    ... what?

TS: Hello.
    PP: Hi! My name is Pinkie Pie! What's your name? I mean You know names, but you know your name? I mean you obviously know your name, Duh! But I mean your reaaaal name. Can we know it? Can we pretty please?
    TS: PINKIE!.
    Ah?

<EJEM> As I was saying, as one of the sanest individuals here. I will try to elucidate this situation.
    'kay? Too insecure to give my real name on the internet anyway.

Ponysane. The closest definition to it, means that, we are... mostly sane by normal standards, but we can get pretty crazy in the PonyThread, and when it's related to Ponies or similar stuff.
    Oh, so just Insane about Ponies.

But we are not that close to "Cupcakes" level of crazy. Somewhat clearer?
    Those people aren't insane. Those people are ****ed up. There's a difference between being tweaked in the head, and being so tweaked you make the tweaked people uncomfortable. I got to a part in the series when Pinkie Pie started singing about Cupcakes. I wasn't quite finished being disturbed yet, and started crying and convulsing...

Yes, exactly.
    Also:
    Spoiler
    Show

One would think that. But One would also say that crazy people think, maybe not in the same manner that sane people does. Thinking only shows that you are sentient enough to think. It doesn't say anything about your craziness level.
    But if you think you are crazy, you aren't! Even if you'e 99.99% crazy, there's still .01% that is sane! And that's enough to avoid the White Jackets! And they are ichy! ... or so I assume.

Well, yeah, you missed one interesting conversation on Tulpas, some answers being answered on the tumblr, and our writers fighting with byzantine language rules.
    For you guys, that sounds like a pretty casual day.

Buuuuuut, regarding your question, I'm pretty sure that Luka is speaking about being entered in the OC list in the tumblr, therefore being included in the Ponythread list as a non-brony (exception) or as a brony.
    For a non-brony as adamant as he is when confronted, his nonchalantness in being added is... interesting.

Not yet. Until you reach the first 2 episodes of second season, lovable character, voiced by the actor of Q in StarTrek: The next generation. The fandom loves the character and the actor quite a bit.
    I don't actually know StarTrek at all.
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-07-06 at 06:25 PM.

27. - Top - End - #387
    Orc in the Playground

riiight.mp4
    Lol'd

I got to a part in the series when Pinkie Pie started singing about Cupcakes. I wasn't quite finished being disturbed yet, and started crying and convulsing...
    You mean, watching the cartoon, the original series, the "Making cupcakes" song caused that reaction because of your exposure to the fanimation of cupcakes?

I'm truly sorry and enraged , more enraged about that people now...

But if you think you are crazy, you aren't! Even if you'e 99.99% crazy, there's still .01% that is sane! And that's enough to avoid the White Jackets! And they are ichy! ... or so I assume.
    I think you need at least a 40% sanity to bypass the craziness radars. And if you are over a 10% crazy they can put the jacket on you, if they truly want to...

For a non-brony as adamant as he is when confronted, his nonchalantness in being added is... interesting.
    Indeed.

I don't actually know StarTrek at all.
    What!? DEATH TO THE INFIDEL!!! hehe... ok. then just keep watching the series, and try to forget any unsavory parts, between the original series, the comics, and the safe animations, it's a really fun drive.
    BTW, I recall you got into this because of Dr. Who/Dr.Whooves. right?
    Have you seen the 2 first animations?
    Last edited by Zigg'rrauglurr; 2012-07-06 at 06:50 PM.

28. - Top - End - #388
    Titan in the Playground

Bleakbane (that's spelled correctly, right?) since I can imagine you'll be mentioned, by someone whether an asker in an answer, would you like an entry on the cast page.Beyond these small notes, the Cast page is up. If you were on that OC list thingy, you're on it.
    I 'spose, I ought, at that.

I'll try and write something shortly-ish (and locate a link to the original of my current avatar, as that's as good a picture as any if needed). Might not be immediately, though, since I'm runnin' a game tomorrow (corrupting my young cousins from Austrailia with their first taste of D&D. After corrupting them with a headstart a couple of years back with Aotrs-version HeroQuest.)

Prod me if I don't remember and put something up in the next couple of days.

Incidently, those same cousins are part of the family Mum went to visit in January, y'know, when she ended up in hospital. Now they've come over here for a week or two. (They came up Thursday.) And my sister's fiance went into hospital yesterday to have his appendix out...

The mind boggles...

29. - Top - End - #389
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

You mean, watching the cartoon original series, the cupcakes song caused that reaction because of your exposure to cupcakes?
    Yeah, I was still feeling a bit sensitive...

I'm truly sorry and enraged , more enraged about that people now...
    I'm an Action Series kinda guy. But I'm not completely close minded. I'm fine with scary stuff some times. Not my thing, but by itself, not really that bad to me, most of the time.

And while I'm not really a big fan of Cute stuff, I can appreciate the value in such things. Not everything has to be agressive and tough and cool, and it's not like such things and cuteness are mutually exclusive or anything.

But those two don't belong together... You don't mix Gore and Sugar. ... you just don't, man...

I think you need at least a 40% sanity to bypass the craziness radars.
    The best part of being True Neutral is screwing over Paladins and Black Guards.

And if you are over a 10% crazy they can put the jacket on you, if they truly want to...
    To be fair, they can do that if you're under 10% but they still don't like you.

What!? DEATH TO THE INFIDEL!!!
    I suppose I'll put Startrek on the list of things I should consider burning some time with, then. Although it's -way- behind in my list of priorities.

hehe... ok. then just keep watching the series, and try to forget any unsavory parts, between the original series, the comics, and the safe animations, it's a really fun drive.
    I'll probably have time to judge the episodes while I'm on vacation, actually.

BTW, I recall you got into this because of Dr. Who/Dr.Whooves. right?
    Have you seen the 2 first animations?
    I did not even consider My Little Pony over Dr. Who. I still need to check that out, too. I'm reviewing the series to decide what I think on it because there's a girl I know who likes it and that pretty much says everything right there.

30. - Top - End - #390
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    i guess. PM me the notes they gave you so far (it helps to know what they're harping on). i should get through it by tomorrow.
    Will do, thanks.

Thanqol, Do you have a picture for Charger, preferably without a background.
    Not without a background. This is all I really got; she's my least drawn OC.