New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XLVIII: I say Ol' Chap, how about those Equestrians?

Quote Originally Posted by Zigg'rrauglurr View Post
    Anyway. Guys, gals, fillies and gentlecolts I want to bring something here, because really there is nowhere else where I can talk about this, without getting laughed at or sent to an asylum. It might get longish, please bear with me.
    Spoiler
    Show

As many others here I have the ability to create small mental constructs to represent characters, either to represent NPCs when I'm gamemastering/directing, others for writing, sometimes just for funny conversations with a known character, etc. I call them internal simulators, for lack of a better description.

So, the last few days my internal character simulators for both Twilight and Pinkie Pie exhibited unusual behaviour; until first Pinkie and then Twi informed me that they both were aware of their own existence as mental constructs, that they were fine with it, but that, apparently that I have gifted them with a modicum of free will.
    So far the only other entity that had this honor was a lizardy demonic entity called Ziggie (a cookie if you realize it's full name), which is long gone now.

They live in a internal parallel Ponyville in Equestria which obviously exists in my mind, where also my ponysona (the one at the left) lives, (oh, meet Magnus by the way, still no last name).

They know that any other character there is only a simulated one at best, but they compared their relationship with them to my own relationship with the two of them; Which is, I know they are not real, but if there is nothing else, they suffice for a conversation.

Ok, since I want to make a point tonight, let's go to the core of the issue.
    Twilight got mad at me, I won't go into details as of why, but she was really angry at me.
    Pinkie tried to calm things down, but I had to let Twi cool off, who locked herself in the library, and I couldn't will myself into it. In my own mentalscape!
    Only after Pinkie spoke alone with her; was I allowed to enter the library and talk with Twilight.
    (I truly do not know what Pinkie said to Twilight).

She forgave me but informed that there was a punishment since she was still a little hurt and angry, I was informed that I had to study really hard for the oncoming finals, no procrastination whatsoever.

This is the point where I got scared, never a mental construct was so contrary to my personal desires and adamant that I should follow with her opinion.
    I mean Twilight has a point, and is... you know, Twilight.
    But, truth to be told, I was going to study just the basics and try to wing the finals.

However with Twilight literally looking over my shoulder... or should I say from within, I now have to study.

Anyway, My question to the forum are these:

How crazy I am that these mental constructs have a, albeit small, free will?

Specially when said free will is contrary to what I would normally do?

It is wrong that I care for this two, even when I know exactly what they are?
    Even tough that I think that I could make them disappear with enough meditation and mental effort? Not that I want to do that... for now.

I don't know, I think that I'm asking for opinions, thoughts, some comfort perhaps from people that more or less have this kind of thought processes.

Thank you all, and If i'm too crazy for this thread, tell me and I shall not bother you anymore. (Tough I doubt to even crack the top twenty in craziness here)
    ...I dunno, doesn't seem that odd to me cuz that's pretty much what happens when I'm dreaming just after waking up , and somewhat latent when awake since I'm always, ALWAYS daydreaming. All I think is.... That's awesome.

I wouldn't say you're crazy, and if I had to I would say you're crazy awesome, I kinda think of it like if they were A.Is.... And you got some "sentient" ones. I would only call it a problem if you wanted to get rid of it and couldn't and it caused trouble.
    short version: more than crazed, seems fun and awesome; could only be trouble if you couldn't control it an it caused trouble.

though, my mind's more messed up than that, like some evil alterego that revives moments I went/go/would go into and does something bad..... It makes me fear being a bad person.
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-07-05 at 07:50 PM.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #302

Well I found a site that had the basics of what I did when I started. I modified it sligthly so it makes more sense:
    Spoiler
    Show

The first two are the most important.

1. Get Comfortable
    Find a comfortable place to sit or lie. Don't cross your arms or legs - have an open posture that is easy to stay in for the next 20 minutes.

Allow your eyes to close naturally. Take several deep, slow breaths - releasing any tension and anxiety as you do. Observe the thoughts that enter your mind and gently release them without any interaction. Let yourself float. Try not to think, but don't force it. Remember the elephant

2. Release Tension
    Focus on releasing physical tension throughout your body. Starting from your toes, visualize each muscle relaxing and melting into the furniture. It brings a pleasant, warm feeling of relaxation. Systematically release each muscle group, heightening the sense of relaxation every time. Spend extra time on your shoulders and upper back, which tend to hold a lot of tension. Visualizing soothing water or a golden glow may help to free up the muscles.
    This is normally the hardest, what I used to visualize was the actual energy, life force, ki, whatever, being absorbed back into my brain & mind, leaving the rest of the body in a numb resting state. The final (and not easy step) is to disconnect the mind from the brain, you will notice at first that when you reach the brain you cannot... relax it, so to speak

3. Visualize Your Way Down

Visualize yourself at the top of a staircase. This represents your consciousness. As you descend each stair one at a time, drift deeper and deeper into your soothing, relaxing trance state. Count the steps if you like, starting from 10. Try rolling your eyes gently back into your head and keep your body still.
    (Funny tidbit, when I directed a girlfriend, since she had collected her energy in the brain, when she visualized herself going down the stairs, it was just a brain jumping down... . Sorry I have never told this before)

4. Stay relaxed.
    If you want ask yourself a question. Or simply lay there. Another option is trying to change something from yourself. I would recommend only one thing, and repeat it.
    You can start with: "I'll let myself hypnotize me more easily, but I won't let anyone else do it at all". Which is what I did when I began.
    You might find yourself questioning the reason behind the change, fearlessly participate in the exchange and see why and if you need the change. If you convince yourself, you did it!

Another option (where you won't reach point 5) is to send yourself to dream & sleep, but careful, it's important to state yourself that you won't be hypnotized anymore and instead you will be simply asleep.

5. Wake Up Gently

When you're ready, prepare to wake up from your trance. Tell yourself you will count to 10, and with each step you will slowly return to full awareness. Then count upwards as you climb the steps in your mind.

Take a deep breath when you reach the top, then open your eyes. Sit for a moment if you like - and remember to stand up slowly.

Start with just this. With practice it will be easier to enter into meditative trance or autohypnosis, and from there you can do any mindtrick you desire.
    It is also a great way to pass long boring travels or waiting periods.
    Sounds simple enough, but of course it never is as simple as it sounds. Thank you though, this should help on my journey.

The option on point 4, could I use that to induce a lucid dream, or is that harder?

3. - Top - End - #303
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    ...I dunno, doesn't seem that odd to me cuz that's pretty much what happens when I'm dreaming just after waking up , and somewhat latent when awake since I'm always, ALWAYS daydreaming. All I think is.... That's awesome.

I wouldn't say you're crazy, and if I had to I would say you're crazy awesome, I kinda think of it like if they were A.Is.... And you got some "sentient" ones. I would only call it a problem if you wanted to get rid of it and couldn't and it caused trouble.
    short version: more than crazed, seems fun and awesome; could only be trouble if you couldn't control it an it caused trouble.

though, my mind's more messed up than that, like some evil alterego that revives moments I went/go/would go into and does something bad..... It makes me fear being a bad person.
    Well, when I was younger my mind was a mess, inteligence and social problems tend to do that... I really think you should try something like the meditation excercise I'm discussing with maximus. It really helped me, to put my mind in order, to grow, to be better.

Quote Originally Posted by maximus25 View Post
    Sounds simple enough, but of course it never is as simple as it sounds. Thank you though, this should help on my journey.

The option on point 4, could I use that to induce a lucid dream, or is that harder?
    I must say that lucid dreaming is very hard for me, ocasionally experienced but fleeting and short. The difficulty probably arises from the hypnosis or meditation technique, what I get instead if I try to "lucid dream" is a long controlled fantasy time, which doubles as sleep. It looks like it's the other side of the coin. With lucid dreaming you are forcing sentience into subconscious, with this, you are letting dreaming and subconcious into sentience. But things might be different for you, as always your results may vary . Give it a shot!

Ponies of the thread THANK YOU!
    In just a couple of hours, with your inputs, thoughts and words of familiarity, you calmed my fears quite a bit. (Pinkie was feeling worried too). Thank you for being the most receptive bunch in teralinks around. Bronies and GiantITP forum are the best communities, and this thread is the amalgamation of both. There is no better place in the Internet.

Seriously, thank you.
    Last edited by Zigg'rrauglurr; 2012-07-05 at 08:10 PM.
    As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero.

Blackwing: I prefer to think of myself a super-advanced flying stealth dinosaur.

Forum Explorer: Reading or watching Cupcakes is like being shot. We honor your suffering but nobody wants it to happen.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Titan in the Playground

ponyvoices
    Hmm. I'd say that as long as they don't try to make you kill people or anything, then what they are is less relevant than what they do. If they're making you study... that makes them good. xD

Thank you for your input!
    It might be that you have greater control over them, because your actual construct are not too complex, I have several "low level" ones, for NPCs and the like. they have absolutely no life of their own, they are just... blueprints to double-check if an action would be justified in character for example. (Oh! I don't mean any disrespect towards your constructs and control of them, just want to differentiate the (sic) different kinds of mental entities)
    Ooh. By that definition, I could have many... I defer to thanqol!
    At what point does a mental construct/blueprint of personality that you roleplay and joke about talking to actually mean the same thing as talking to them?

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Not that crazy I think. From what I gather it's fairly normal for a fully/well developed character to have that kind of autonomy in one's mind. So long as you retain the ability to ignore them when they tell you to start burning stuff, you should be fine
    Hey, fire is pretty. Ignore this one.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

5. - Top - End - #305

They both sound pretty cool. Controlled fantasy time sounds like Lucid dreaming but better, and Lucid dreaming is of course Lucid dreaming.

You know we'll always be here for you. Even after going on a 32+ hour fan fic craze, I'll still identify what crazy things are going on in your mind.

I'm gonna see how long I can keep this caffeine going. 36 hours and going strong. Slight vision trouble, but no noticeable effects on typing ability or creativity.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Firbolg in the Playground

The idea that the characters have free will likely comes from the fact that they are characters you are familiar but they are not your characters. While the NPCs move to your puppet-string tugs, ponies are very established as not.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ettin in the Playground

Ponies of the thread THANK YOU!
    In just a couple of hours, with your inputs, thoughts and words of familiarity, you calmed my fears quite a bit. (Pinkie was feeling worried too). Thank you for being the most receptive bunch in teralinks around. Bronies and GiantITP forum are the best communities, and this thread is the amalgamation of both. There is no better place in the Internet.

Seriously, thank you.
    You're welcome!

In other news, I'm going to try to put together a picture for the tumblr on that "where were you during the wedding debacle" question.

Sketched up this last night, caption text would probably be: "Debacle is the right word ... that purple mare packs a mean hoof."
    Spoiler
    Show

Err ... feedback is strongly appreciated, particularly if you can think of anything funnier to say. ^^;;

8. - Top - End - #308

Congratulations!!, I still have 2 weeks more of finals, then a sabatic semester for my wedding and then final semester!

6 now, keep drinking.

Hey, Strife Warzeal, shouldn't we add dA to the list of information? Just a tought.
    You see, this is why I like people responding to me about things I run. That didn't cross my mind 'til now. Added, if anyone wants to add anything.

I think there are few tumblr questions, I'll post 'em later.
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

9. - Top - End - #309
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Hmm. I'd say that as long as they don't try to make you kill people or anything, then what they are is less relevant than what they do. If they're making you study... that makes them good. xD

At what point does a mental construct/blueprint of personality that you roleplay and joke about talking to actually mean the same thing as talking to them?

Hey, fire is pretty. Ignore this one.
    I believe the difference is when they show signs of free will. And I will ignore any suggestions for killing, maiming and/or burning; thank you very much. In fact should they start with that, they would be gone. That's what happened with Ziggie.

Quote Originally Posted by maximus25 View Post
    They both sound pretty cool. Controlled fantasy time sounds like Lucid dreaming but better, and Lucid dreaming is of course Lucid dreaming.

You know we'll always be here for you. Even after going on a 32+ hour fan fic craze, I'll still identify what crazy things are going on in your mind.

I'm gonna see how long I can keep this caffeine going. 36 hours and going strong. Slight vision trouble, but no noticeable effects on typing ability or creativity.
    You could always go the "Transcendent Fry" route:
    Spoiler
    Show

Also pony form, since this is ponythread:

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    The idea that the characters have free will likely comes from the fact that they are characters you are familiar but they are not your characters. While the NPCs move to your puppet-string tugs, ponies are very established as not.
    Believe me I had and have established characters doing my will before, heck I guess every male does , seriously though.
    There is a difference with them and I can feel it, that's why I brought it up. The three main things so far have been:
    - They explicitly manifested having free will, others had said the same, but they were just bluffing.
    - Then Twilight got angry and kept me out of a section of the mindscape, that had only happened once before, with Ziggie.
    - Finally Twilight and Pinkie were discussing my punishment behind my back, and they came up with something that I had not even considered. One that looking back is a real punishment, which also really fits to Twilight's mindset.
    So, yea, they are not your run-of-the-mill mind construct, and are really close to what maximus25 described as tulpas, which I have never heard about until today.

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    You're welcome!

In other news, I'm going to try to put together a picture for the tumblr on that "where were you during the wedding debacle" question.

Sketched up this last night, caption text would probably be: "Debacle is the right word ... that purple mare packs a mean hoof."
    Spoiler
    Show

Err ... feedback is strongly appreciated, particularly if you can think of anything funnier to say. ^^;;
    I REALLY LIKE IT!! (Not just his mane!), I would love to see it cleaned up in Photoshop or whatever fancy program you use, but I really really like it. And that caption is perfect for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    You see, this is why I like people responding to me about things I run. That didn't cross my mind 'til now. Added, if anyone wants to add anything.

I trust you know what to put in my column for dA ?
    Last edited by Zigg'rrauglurr; 2012-07-05 at 08:53 PM.
    As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero.

Blackwing: I prefer to think of myself a super-advanced flying stealth dinosaur.

Forum Explorer: Reading or watching Cupcakes is like being shot. We honor your suffering but nobody wants it to happen.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ettin in the Playground

I really really badly want to get into this tulpa conversation, but then the entire thread would turn into Feeling Pinkie Keen, starring Raz as Twilight Sparkle and Zigg as Pinkie Pie. And, I dunno, maybe Thanqol as Spike. He'd be a good Spike.

And I really don't want to get hit by anvils and pianos. Maybe mental anvils and pianos. So I will refrain from going, "Tulpas don't exiiiiiiist" and instead sit over here and think it really hard.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    You sure you want to tempt fate like that?
    Pretty much everything left in my degree is optional for-fun courses, with the exception of a single 1001 course I missed in my first year. I reckon I got this.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Congratulations. Have you looked into what to do next?
    Thank you, and thank you everyone who sent congratulations. Right now my plan is 'get out of academia and get a real job, use it to avoid starving while I start work on a major novel'.

One or more of his personas are literally capable of grabbing fate by its ear and dragging it kicking and screaming where they want it. He should be good.
    Actually, none of my personality shards are Fate mages!
    Jayden: Forces/Matter/Space
    Mask: Death/Mind
    Charger: Life/Spirit/Time

Oh yeah, the tumblr thing. Uh. I'll see if I can make time to get mine done sometime soon.
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2012-07-05 at 09:23 PM.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    I really really badly want to get into this tulpa conversation, but then the entire thread would turn into Feeling Pinkie Keen, starring Raz as Twilight Sparkle and Zigg as Pinkie Pie. And, I dunno, maybe Thanqol as Spike. He'd be a good Spike.

And I really don't want to get hit by anvils and pianos. Maybe mental anvils and pianos. So I will refrain from going, "Tulpas don't exiiiiiiist" and instead sit over here and think it really hard.

And to throw you out of the loop completely.
    While I was out getting Icecream for my fiancee (it's 46ºF/8ºC out there) they both told me that they weren't really happy with me outing them here in the forum.
    I explained that I needed to get this out of my chest/brain.
    They are ok with it now, but listen to this:
    • Twilight does not want anything she does or say to be publicited, unless she explicitly says it's ok to do so.
    • Pinkie has no problem sharing her actions or toughts with you guys, except when she tells me not to.

Also Raz, Twilight thinks is hilarious the situation you just presented and that she feels your pain Scratch that, I might as well give her a voice.
    TS: Raz, I feel your pain. It would be really funny though. Also you could take a page from that episode and just accept Tulpas as we are. Now Zigg' take me back to the Wikipedia article on Tulpas I want to keep reading it.

Pinkie and I agree: Tulpas reading on Tulpas... Tulpaception
    TS:

We are all laughing now. Thank you guys. I'm off the forum now, gotta take care of my fiancee. They both insist on it.
    Last edited by Zigg'rrauglurr; 2012-07-05 at 09:28 PM.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ogre in the Playground

Honestly, this sounds like what happens when one writes really good characters or understands a character well. They take on a life of their own and define themselves. I've had Rarity demand that she wouldn't go along with the plot for one of my stories until she destressed herself at the spa.

14. - Top - End - #314

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
    Honestly, this sounds like what happens when one writes really good characters or understands a character well. They take on a life of their own and define themselves. I've had Rarity demand that she wouldn't go along with the plot for one of my stories until she destressed herself at the spa.
    ....Well, I honestly looked at my pet turtle, took him out and watched him a bit, and wondered how in the heck was I going to write Spike's view about his "family".
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ogre in the Playground

[SIZE="4"]Anyway. Guys, gals, fillies and gentlecolts I want to bring something here, because really there is nowhere else where I can talk about this, without getting laughed at or sent to an asylum. It might get longish, please bear with me.

As many others here I have the ability to create small mental constructs to represent characters, either to represent NPCs when I'm gamemastering/directing, others for writing, sometimes just for funny conversations with a known character, etc. I call them internal simulators, for lack of a better description.

So, the last few days my internal character simulators for both Twilight and Pinkie Pie exhibited unusual behaviour; until first Pinkie and then Twi informed me that they both were aware of their own existence as mental constructs, that they were fine with it, but that, apparently that I have gifted them with a modicum of free will.
    So far the only other entity that had this honor was a lizardy demonic entity called Ziggie (a cookie if you realize it's full name), which is long gone now.

They live in a internal parallel Ponyville in Equestria which obviously exists in my mind, where also my ponysona (the one at the left) lives, (oh, meet Magnus by the way, still no last name).

They know that any other character there is only a simulated one at best, but they compared their relationship with them to my own relationship with the two of them; Which is, I know they are not real, but if there is nothing else, they suffice for a conversation.

Ok, since I want to make a point tonight, let's go to the core of the issue.
    Twilight got mad at me, I won't go into details as of why, but she was really angry at me.
    Pinkie tried to calm things down, but I had to let Twi cool off, who locked herself in the library, and I couldn't will myself into it. In my own mentalscape!
    Only after Pinkie spoke alone with her; was I allowed to enter the library and talk with Twilight.
    (I truly do not know what Pinkie said to Twilight).

She forgave me but informed that there was a punishment since she was still a little hurt and angry, I was informed that I had to study really hard for the oncoming finals, no procrastination whatsoever.

This is the point where I got scared, never a mental construct was so contrary to my personal desires and adamant that I should follow with her opinion.
    I mean Twilight has a point, and is... you know, Twilight.
    But, truth to be told, I was going to study just the basics and try to wing the finals.

However with Twilight literally looking over my shoulder... or should I say from within, I now have to study.

Anyway, My question to the forum are these:

How crazy I am that these mental constructs have a, albeit small, free will?

Specially when said free will is contrary to what I would normally do?

It is wrong that I care for this two, even when I know exactly what they are?
    Even tough that I think that I could make them disappear with enough meditation and mental effort? Not that I want to do that... for now.

I don't know, I think that I'm asking for opinions, thoughts, some comfort perhaps from people that more or less have this kind of thought processes.

Thank you all, and If i'm too crazy for this thread, tell me and I shall not bother you anymore. (Tough I doubt to even crack the top twenty in craziness here)
    Well, I have good news and I have bad news for you.
    The bad news is that you are indeed crazy. The good news is that most of us are equally crazy, so you're in good company. Also, your mental constructs seem to be a positive influence, which is always a good sign.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

16. - Top - End - #316
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    Well, I have good news and I have bad news for you.
    The bad news is that you are indeed crazy. The good news is that most of us are equally crazy, so you're in good company. Also, your mental constructs seem to be a positive influence, which is always a good sign.
    One of the answers I was expecting, from the pony I was expecting it.
    As I've been saying since I heard it: "I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it".
    Truthfully, the problem was not:
    "Am I crazy?"
    more like
    "Am I too crazy?"

On the topic of crazy. Hey maximus25, did some more reading on Tulpas, particularly on the physical manifestation part... Pinkie is already prone to breaking barriers... plus I have some experience with witchcraft (being a non-aligned wiccan and all) Oh god, what have I done...

I have to be sure to never give her enough power... The parties would be awesome tough. Only half joking here... he.

Nevermind me, I have to discuss some things with a certain pink pony in my head now.

Oh! This saturday there will be a convention in Buenos Aires for all fandoms , called Unifans. (We were so far from Bronycon )
    The local MLP:FIM fan's club (which received blessings from the all-mother Faust herself) will get together for the first time since getting a hundred members.
    Several will attend including yours truly, hope we get pictures to post in EqD from one of the few south american meetups.
    Last edited by Zigg'rrauglurr; 2012-07-05 at 11:02 PM.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Titan in the Playground

It's really hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    About the point where you start believing your own fiction, I suppose?

Also, my tumblr feed thing is now full of posts by blogs/tumblr's that I in no way have followed or liked or anything of the sort, whose presence I cannot explain.
    What?
    Last edited by Tiki Snakes; 2012-07-05 at 11:21 PM.

18. - Top - End - #318

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post

Also, my tumblr feed thing is now full of posts by blogs/tumblr's that I in no way have followed or liked or anything of the sort, whose presence I cannot explain.
    What?
    You too? I just figured it was happening to me because I'm following all of one blog.

All questions open:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm actually curious about this one, because personally I can think of 5 ponies here that could calim "leadership-ness"

I have no clue who could have asked this, nope no idea.
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

19. - Top - End - #319

You too? I just figured it was happening to me because I'm following all of one blog.

All questions open:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm actually curious about this one, because personally I can think of 5 ponies here that could calim "leadership-ness"

Alright so my ideas for potential answers:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Evil phoe
    Over 9000
    I don't know, but this one is screaming for a Tootsie Pop reference
    (have not thought this one through)

admiral: summoning The Pink One from my space station -> cut to whispy pink tentacle reaching out of a fissure

Ship ALL the Derpy/Whooves!
    Currently overstocked, selling for 2 bits each
    admiral: I'm the element of heartburn *eats nachos*
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

20. - Top - End - #320

All questions open:
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's probably a three-way tie between Mask, Phoe, and....Bleakbane? Possibly?
    Show

21. - Top - End - #321
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Spoiler
    Show
    For that last question it would be kind of cool to have all of the listed names and elements we have on here faded into the background, with the pony and text in the front.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

22. - Top - End - #322

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    For that last question it would be kind of cool to have all of the listed names and elements we have on here faded into the background, with the pony and text in the front.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Reusing Thanqol's element picture in a way, possibly? Actualy, I think the caste page needs to be done before we get into any major shenanigens.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #323
    Titan in the Playground

All questions open:
    Spoiler
    Show

Yeah, apparently that's the cause. I "Fixed" the issue by finding and following a couple of long dead, never started Tumblr Pages. I could find enough to get to the 5 I heard you needed, but the unwanted spam went away at 4, so it seems fine.

I find it rage inducing that not only is it not mentioned anywhere meaningful but also it only happens after a while.

24. - Top - End - #324

If a leader there is hereI would say Poe or Trixe.

Trixe because she starts most of the threads. And Poe because well Poe, and she is part of Equestria daily Mods.

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    *Hugs for breaking the awkardness!YAAY!
    ...Realizes he's hugging a physical manifestation of evil...*
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    He's adorable, but he's a threat to all who call the universe home. He must be stopped, no matter the cost
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Drake View Post
    "Evil, evil, death, stab, kill, cheese, moon-stuff, mice, evil, evil mice..."

Musings Pulled from D_Lord's head.

25. - Top - End - #325

Quote Originally Posted by D_Lord View Post
    If a leader there is hereI would say Poe or Trixe.

Trixe because she starts most of the threads. And Poe because well Poe, and she is part of Equestria daily Mods.
    Okay, it's settled then. The ruler of ponythread is Phoe on her golden throne.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #326
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Reusing Thanqol's element picture in a way, possibly? Actualy, I think the caste page needs to be done before we get into any major shenanigens.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I should act post my OCs information at some point if we are making a cast page.

But I like your idea!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    I can see mini-Dexam has already figured out posing for the camera...
    Actually, it's a bloody nuisance trying to take photos or video of him sometimes:
    Mini-Dex: *doing something cute*
    Mrs Dex: Oh look, he's doing something cute! *grabs camera and points it at Mini-Dex*
    Mini-Dex: *stops doing the cute something to stare at the camera*
    Mrs Dex:

Quote Originally Posted by Siosilvar View Post
    This needs to make it into the OP or Soras's post next time we get a new thread.
    I'm actually thinking of doing up a list of "notable brony musicians", with their names (and alternates), styles, and links to YouTube/Soundcloud/Bandcamp pagesl; but free time does not permit such an endeavour.

All questions open:
    Suggested possible answers:
    1. Picture of numerous OC's engaged in a cartoon-style all-in brawl.
    2. "Pinkie Pie!"

Also, I wish I could draw (or had the free time to learn - I'm cutting you off right there, Thanqol! Raise your hand/hoof/tentacle/psuedopod of choice if you were awake between 2 AM and 4 AM due to crying baby.) because I had an idea for my own combination answer the "How do you type with boxing gloves on your hooves" and "Where were you during the wedding debacle" questions: a picture of Othoof Trottvassen (Gentlecolt Adventurer!) sitting in front of a laptop while punching out a Changeling with an "extend-o-glove" boxing glove and the speech bubble "I multi-task!"

28. - Top - End - #328
    Troll in the Playground

for the "who's in charge" question I had an idea.

have thread-pony in the foreground, with a throne in the back. as he explains a would-be plausible governing system, have the various attempted conquerors systematically attacking the person on the throne and replacing them.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

29. - Top - End - #329

All questions open:
    Spoiler
    Show

I can take the one about us each having our own elements. It will probably involve a description of several bronies, plus Luka. Then, EXPLOSIONS!

What's more, I'll actually finish what I claim, because I have a ton of spare time tomorrow.

Also, found this while searching for source material. Creepy.
    Spoiler
    Show

And, I think I found our official image:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

30. - Top - End - #330
    Ogre in the Playground

This is late, but I think someone said that at Bronycon de Lancie couldn't think of a single Discord line when pressed? Remind us of anyone?
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.